Linking a combo box

Hello.

I'm looking for help with creating a combo box that will link to othe
worksheets.

Basically, what I am doing is making an information page for multipl
car companies.  So what I'm looking at doing is having a combo box/dro
down list that if I choose, for example, "Ford", it will link to
worksheet with information about Ford, and if I choose "Toyota", i
will link to a separate worksheet with information about Toyota.

Is it possible to do this?  :confused:

Any help is greatly appreciated

--
jimme
jimmeh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1555

How about a worksheet that uses hyperlinks that point at those other sheets?

David McRitchie has a macro that will build that table of contents worksheet:

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Refreshing linked table
Hi How can I refresh a given linked table via code? Many Thanks Regards ...

combo box not updating accoring to record selector
Hello all, I have a combo box which i use as a search field. Correct me if i am wrong. Using the code below i am able to select the record from the combo box and it populates the corresponding values to all other controls on the form and subform. When i use the default record select and scroll from one record to another the combo box selection remains in the last selected value. Can i code to make the combo box record value highlight the value I have scrolled. long story short when i select a record using the default record locater the main form footer section i need it to display th...

How do you put a watermark graphic behind a text box?
I am trying to put a watermark image behind a text box so you can see the image behind the text. I've tried all of publishers help guides and all that happens is the image gets sent behind the text box and you can't see it. What do I do? I'm running Publisher 2007 You use an image editor to watermark the image itself. You can do this with IrFanview (freebie) if you have no other image editor. Why?...because you can only have one transparent color if you use transparency in a png or gif image. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Daryl M...

links within email
I use vista ultamate, outlook 2007 and all of a sudden the links with emails are deactivated and a message says contact administrator. Any suggestions to get the links to work? This is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://slipstick.me/restrict for the latest information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Link to Visio Pages from Excel
I would like to know how I can create a link from Excel to open a Visio page, not just the document. I have a bunch of work flows build in one Visio document, each on is on a different page. I need to link each work flow to the text in the Excel Document. Hello Ian, It's just the file name + "#MyPageName" Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSignals.co.uk "IanD" <Ian.DeRock@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189617147.787123.139570@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I would like to know how I can create a link from Excel to open a > Visio page, ...

"xxx not closed properly" dialog boxes
I have used Outlook for years, and have lately run into something I've not seen before. I use a lot of .pst files in my folder set, and when I open Outlook, I now get this message: The data file XXXX was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems. <progress bar, slow scan from 30 sec to 8 min> The only problem with this is that: 1 - in the past, I never got this message, no matter HOW abruptly I shut down Outlook or windows; 2 - even when I shut down Outlook and Windows correctly, I get the message It doesn't occur every time, but when it does I can los...

Link from field to drop down list
Good Morning All, Currently I'm trying to link a field in Microsoft Excel to a drop down list so it automatically updates as you begin to type text. This is a suburb field if that gives you more of an idea of what Im trying to achieve. Thanks Hi, Kassie. Excel doesn't do this with a dropdown list. Only Access does. I don't even think it can be coded to do so. <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Web: www.VBAExpress.com <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-&g...

Find unused linked field
Is it possible to find a value in a table which is linked to another and is not used. And if so, how to go about it. Example: I have a table with all the data for companies and a table with contact names and addresses which are linked. What I would like to do is find the names of the companies (or companyID) which are not linked to any persons in the contacts table. Table Companies CompanyID Companyname .... Table Contacts ContactID ContactName CompanyID .... -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On May 1, 3:54 pm, "greeknl via AccessMonster.com" <u30909@uwe>...

calculation msg box
Hi All I need a macro to pop up a msg box to indicate that the sheet is calculating and how far along it is, any ideas? Thanks You can try to insert the coding below to ThisWorkbook if you want to pop up a msgbox box when any sheet of the workbook is calculating. Private Sub Workbook_SheetCalculate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox "Calculating" End Sub Blog: http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/ If your spreadsheet warrants a calculation message, you have a design flaw. http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelSpreadsheetDesign.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozg...

link chart title?
I've learned about dynamic charts in this forum which has been very helpful in autmating some charts that I use. I would also like the chart title be linked in some way to a cell. Is that possible? Hi, Here are a couple of explanations. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/fp_tutorial.html http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy Dave Breitenbach wrote: > I've learned about dynamic charts in this forum which has been very helpful > in autmating some charts that I use. I would also like the chart title be > linked in some way to a...

Link Errors
I was using factory pattern in my codes. But I got link errors when I built my project, could anybody help me out please???? I have struggled for this problem for one day :( Any help would be greatly appreciated! Errors Information: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "protected: __thiscall Event::Event(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class Date,class Date)" (??0Event@@IAE@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_t...

Combo Box
Hello, I have a combo box that has a list derived from a query. I want the user to only select data in the combo box and I have set the limit to list property to yes but users can still type in anything they want. The error message does display stating that it doesn't match the value in the list but I want to prevent the user from typing in anything at all other than those in the list. Can anyone help? I don't want to use a list box. Martin Can I ask why? Cause regardless if you limit to the list they can't leave that combobox until there is something that is in the l...

Outlook Express -- HTML links in msgs not clickable
I upgraded to iTunes 4.6 on Sunday. Now when I click on Web addresses embedded in e-mail messages, the computer looks like it's going to launch a separate browser Window - - and then doesn't. Anyone have this problem, or something similar? Short of downloading IE 6 (SP 1) again, and allowing my PC to overwrite what's already there, anyone have suggestions or ideas? I suppose I could also back up my Outlook Express files and reinstall that program... but that seems an awfully tedious thing to have to do. Thanks! Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office ...

Format Publication box 2007
How do I prevent the Format Publication box from popping every time I open a new document in MS Pub 2007? Thanks. You can't... You can tear it off, minimize it to quite small and drag it to a part of the screen out of the way. Publisher will remember this setting the next time you open the program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ribitt" <ribitt@gmail.com> wrote in message news:575d6332-a45a-40d0-9427-698ab7603f6d@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > How do I prevent the Format Publication box...

Linking projects
I have copied 5 tasks from a project and linked them in a consolidated project using the 'Paste Special' command. This almost works well because any changes I make to the tasks in the original project are reflected in the consolidated project except the % complete shown in the indicators column. For some reason, when I make any changes to the % complete in the original project, the changes arent reflected in the consolidated project (and vice versa). I'm presuming that % complete should be updated like any other field therefore any help would be appreciated. -- sho...

Limit Message Box
I have an Access form that I am putting on several computers. At some point I have a message box appear suggesting that the user look over the input up to that point. I would like the message to appear, say 10 times and then not appear anymore, since the user will not need to be reminded anymore. Without going in and removing it, how can I do this? -- Scafidel Lafayette, Louisiana On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:13:03 -0800, Scafidel <jerryscafidel@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I have an Access form that I am putting on several computers. At some point >I have a message box appear suggest...

box-and-whisker chart #2
is there an add-inn available that creates a box and whisker plot. This a grpahic representaion of statistic information showing the raange of values per categorie. I don't know of an add-in, but Jon Peltier has instructions for creating Box and Whisker plots: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#BoxWhisker Jan Heijs wrote: > is there an add-inn available that creates a box and whisker plot. > This a grpahic representaion of statistic information showing the raange of > values per categorie. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http:...

How to prevent the focus shifting between edit boxes
How to prevent the focus shifting between edit boxes when the TAB key is pressed? Can it be done by overridding OnCommand? Chris You could handle PreTranslateMessage, check for WM_KEYDOWN, check if wParam is VK_TAB, check if the specific edit box you are targetting is in focus and if so, return TRUE without calling the base class implementation. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Chris L" <ChrisL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7382F13-602C-4B46-B5CC-3294D66E5F1E@microsoft.com... > How to prevent the focus shifting between edit boxes when the TAB key is...

How to enable htolinks links in Junk Mail folder messages?
HI: I am using office 2007 and OutLook. I receive a lot of junk mail, but occasionally I see something interesting. I find it annoying that I cannot visit a link directly from a message in the junk e-mail folder and have to move the file back to my inbox. How do I disable this enhancement? I looked at the help and had no success. I do want to keep the phishing links disabled. TIA, Pete Peter de B. Harrington <peter.harrington@ohio.edu> wrote: > I am using office 2007 and OutLook. I receive a lot of junk mail, but > occasionally I see something interesting. I fin...

save box greyed out
in ooutlook 2000 I can open office documents directly from outlook by just clicking on them no prompt it just opens (ie:word) also when opening non office attachments i get this box with save open grayed out example on webpage. http://www.planetarrakis.net/images/image1.jpg how can i fix it so i can either save from here or just open my paint program with out the prompt box? .. ...

UserForm and combo box to another sheet
Hi, i need to create 2 things. 1. a userform to add new contact & client details to a hidden data sheet 2. a combo box in an excel sheet to use the information from the hidden sheet. I have found a combobox and data on the same sheet thanks to Deborah Dalgleish's site information which states that the data can br created on another sheet. however, i cannot fint how to link the "listfillrange" to it. The userform should appear with the press of a button and have the following: contact name, Company, address, phone number, mobile number. when appy is pressee, the info goes u...

Combo Box #20
I use a combo box on 1 worksheet and reference an input range from another worksheet in the same workbok. The length of the input range continues to expand forcing me to increase the rows of the input range. I have been unable to do this by editing the combo box input range. I have been deleting the box, inserting a new box in the same cell and redefining the input range at that time. Is there a way to edit (expand) the input range referenced by a combo box rather than starting at the begining each time? Any suggestions are appreciated Thank you. -- Dewayne "Dewayne" <D...

Tex box Array
Hi!, I'm Jean and want to fill a text box "Location1.txt" with a partnumber then go to another text box "Location2.txt" in a array. Here isthe code:+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++For z = 1 To 15 vlocbox = "location" + Trim(Str(z)) +".Text" vlocbox = aIAMSLoc(z) ' Clear the values of the arrays before the new PART aIAMSLoc(z) = ""Next zI have 15 textboxes from location1 to location15. I have try but notfind and asnwer. How I can go from location1.tx...

how to import text box into doc and keep original formatting
Using Publisher 07: I import other publisher or Word file text boxes from other documents into my newsletter and the formatting gets changed to my "normal." How do I get the original formatting of the imported file to stay in place? The formatting shouldn't change much if you copy/paste from one Publisher document to another. See if *paste special* keeps the formatting intact from Word. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cocile" <cocile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

How do I keep text from automatically filling in another text box
When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another text box. I don't want that to happen. I want each box to be filled independently. Thank you. Click in the test box that you don'e want the text to continue and then click the "broken chain link." "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C5E740A-1C10-4DAC-9B78-ED2898E9EEEE@microsoft.com... > When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another > text box. I don't want that to happen. I want each box to be filled > in...