Linking a cell and a sheet name

How do I link a cell to the sheet name.  When I enter the name of a client I want that sheet be also named.  I can quickly scan the sheet on a woorkbook and go directly to the desided client.
0
anonymous (74719)

Mike,

You can paste the code below into the sheet module for the sheet.

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then   ' are we in client
name cell?
  If ActiveSheet.Name = Sheet1.Name Then    ' in case of grouped sheets
    ActiveSheet.Name = Target.Value
    End If
  End If

Replace A1 with the name of your Client Name cell, and Sheet1 with the code
name of the sheet (from the VBE project explorer, not the name on the sheet
tab)
--
Earl Kiosterud

"Mike R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I link a cell to the sheet name.  When I enter the name of a client
I want that sheet be also named.  I can quickly scan the sheet on a
woorkbook and go directly to the desided client.

0
nowhere1083 (630)
2/8/2004 5:10:16 AM
Use the Insert|Name|Define Option to name a specific cell (or group of cells) on a specific worksheet. It will pick up the cell and worksheet by default

tj
0
anonymous (74719)
2/8/2004 5:11:07 AM
Thank You very much.  It did take a little for me to get it to work, but it was because of my lack of experience and knowledge.  But it works now and works great. Thanks
0
anonymous (74719)

Cardholder name capture
It seems that Citbank want us to be able to provide cardholder names when they do a chargeback investigation. Wouldn't it be a good idea if RMS captured all the information Citibank would want and there was a report to retrieve it? Larry ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Change link between form and subform

Outlook 2003 name resolution
I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just stopped responding. They type the first few letters, and usually the drop down appears with option, but now it doesnt. Any ideas? We are using OL2003 w. SP1 on WinXP boxes.... Thanks in advance.... Chris Chris <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote: > I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they > type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just > stopped responding. > > They type the first few l...

linking #4

Format Cell as True/False
OK. It's been a while but I could've sworn that I once was able to format a cell as a yes/no so that it appeared as a checkbox in the spreadsheet. Is this possible or have I confused it with another application. ~Lori Sounds like you are remembering Access database tables. Lori wrote: > OK. It's been a while but I could've sworn that I once was able to format a > cell as a yes/no so that it appeared as a checkbox in the spreadsheet. > > Is this possible or have I confused it with another application. > > ~Lori This is a multi-part message in MIME ...

Running total from an edited cell
I want to keep a running total of inventory as follows: On Hand This Shipment Quan Updated Part # 1 10 5 update this column on each new shipment Part # 2 15 10 Part # 3 20 30 I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each part# I am using Excel 2007 Please help ! See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <9104B5C3-CD46-460E-A939-C2B1EA736D42@microsoft.com>, MacPack2 <MacPack2@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Linked Forms

find a word in sheet
Dear all, I want to use VBA to look for a word (for example "AAA") in one sheet. but I want to find this word sheet by sheet and then copy the this word (if find) to another sheet (for example,copy this word to sheet1) I don't know how to loop the sheet(one by one) and how to look for this work and then copy this word to another sheet. Thank you Sub FindThings() Dim s As String, i As Long s = "AAA" i = 1 Dim w As Worksheet, results As Worksheet Set ws = Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")) Set results = She...

Formula involving different sheets
Hi Using Excel 2003. In sheet 1, cell A1: =200/1200 In sheet 2, cell B2: =300/1200 In sheet 3 in a cell, I want to do =200/1200 + 300/1200 by cell reference. How do I do so? Thanks. Your formula would be: =sheet1!a1+sheet2!b2 The best way to create these formulae is to get Excel to do it. 1: Type = into your cell 2: Navigate to your sheet1!a1 cell. You will notice in the formula bar that Excel is adding its address to your formula 3: Type + 4: Navigate to your sheet2!b2 cell. 5: Hit enter Once you learn this, you will never type a cell address again. Regar...

profile name in 1st account?
I have 3 accounts running in Outlook. The first account is named "MS Exchange Settings", the next two are named as I entered them. On the first I entered a custom name but it always shows up as MS Exchange Setting. Is there a way to have the 1st account reflect the custom name that I enter? Any tips appreciated. Computers <JNorm@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have 3 accounts running in Outlook. The first account is named "MS > Exchange Settings", the next two are named as I entered them. > > On the first I entered a custom name but it always shows up a...

Links not linking

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

How to show Customer Name on MY Credit Card Receipt?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to print Customer Name on the Store's copy of the Credit Card transaction receipt. Basically 2 receipts are printed - one for customer and one that customer signs and gives back to us. The one that customer keeps always has the customer's name on it. However, our own copy has an unclear signature but not the customer's name and this makes it difficult to audit and match customers to their receipts at the end of the day (we do this to keep track of things which is helpful to us). How can we amend the receipt to print customer name on...

Excel 2003- Tabbing to a specific location in a cell
I have created a template and I want to be able to fill in parts of the template by just tabbing and the cursor to move to the next cell...and to a specific area in the cell...how do i set up my template to do this? THanks so much unlock the cells you want to tab to. leave the other cells protected. then protected the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "monty the magician" <monty the magician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3728D8-E730-407E-B58A-FED2C6D9EA8A@microsoft.com... >I have created a template and I want to be able to f...

Cell grouping
Hello, This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange th entire row where the departments are grouped together with th corresponding information. The dates are not important as this repor is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entir page. Thanks -- jackel JLatham Wrote: > I should add that usually Excel is smart enough to know that when you > grab > one column of information to sort, and it is contiguous with other > columns > with data in them, to grab them a...

Link To A Cell From Chart

can I display the file name of the imported text file in another c
When I refresh data and select a file I would like that file name displayed in another cell because within the file name is a date & time stamp relating to the contents. For example if the imported filename is count_200505110035.csv then I want a cell in the worksheet to display count_200505110035.csv. Any ideas welcomed please? ...

Colour cells in Task pane.
Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? Highlight the cells you want to ad color to in your table then click on the little bucket at the top "Volcanic" wrote: > Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the > Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? > ...

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

Find cells that contain text
Hi, as part of a loop I am trying to find cells that contain a string and then copy some adjacent cells into another sheet. I can do the copy part no problem but I am struggling with finding the string, I am using the InStr command but not sure if I ma making this to complicated, this is code I am struggling with : If InStr(string, Cells(bb, 65)) = 1 Then With string being the string I am searching for and bb being the row number and part of the loop The formula will recognise a complete string, but not part of string i.e. String = abcd_ Cell contains abcd_ match and I ca...

converting cell data / opposite?
Hello Excel gurus... I have a cell/column containing a persons name: John Doe I'd like to convert cell/column to read: Doe, John What formula is used in order to make this happen? I've tried left/right/len commands out the wazzoo (technical word) - I give... uncle.... Any help? Jorge Hi Jorge in another cell use =RIGHT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)-1) &", " & LEFT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)) where C14 has the original data in it Cheers JulieD "Jorge" <czar1259@netscape.net> wrote in message news:10k0ptons6i6e4c@corp.supernews.com... > Hell...

spoofing the "From:" name...
I was asked if there is any way to send an email to someone and spoof the From: address so the recipient cannot reply or know who it was from... Is there an easy way to do that without having to create a bogus hotmail /yahoo account to do this??? Thanks, Brad Brad Pears <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote: > I was asked if there is any way to send an email to someone and spoof > the From: address so the recipient cannot reply or know who it was > from... With a POP account, it's extremely simple. Open the account properties and put whatever you want in the "E-mail ...