link viewer problem

First off - I am running Excel 2000.

I have a workbook that has several sheets.  On one sheet when I click an
icon that is linked to a file on my hard drive it opens the right viewer
(ACDSee).  On another sheet it opens the wrong viewer(Paint Shop Pro).  I
have checked file associations in ACDSee, Paint Shop Pro, and
Windows Explorer/ folder options/ file types.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated
as I have about 1000 links to do.

Thanks in advance,
Carol

0
carolrob (1)

Problem Printing out Outlook Contacts
I'm using Outlook 2007 as part of Microsoft Office Small Business. Today I tried to print out a contact listing for the first time (installed only a couple of months ago so I don't know if this has been a problem the whole time or if my problem "just started") when I print out all my Contacts, Outlook is merging the names of some of my contacts and using the address of one of the contacts. Example: Mary Smith Mark Sutter 123 Main st. anytown , USA 12345 prints out when in fact Mary Smith and Mark Sutter are 2 separate contacts with 2 different addresses. ...

Change link between form and subform

Problem Downloading Money Plus Deluxe
Hi All, Just got a new dell computer, transferred all data from my old computer and then tried to buy and download Money Plus Deluxe. It took about 35 minutes to download, then the download screen went away when it was finished but the program did not start. I downloaded again, but still nothing. I tried downloading several more times and did not even get it to download and then it said I reached my maximum download limit. I have done searches all over my computer for money, money plus and money plus deluxe and can not find the file anywhere. It should be in the temporary internet ...

Linked Forms

problems with GetTempPath()
Hi, I'm trying to create a file in my temporary folder and finally copy it to the real destination. To get the temporary folder, I'm using GetTempPath(). The problem is that the directory I get is full with '~' signs and when I'm trying to copy the file later, using CopyFile(), it doesn't allow me because of these signs. What is wrong? Is there other GetTempPath() function ? or maybe there is a different CopyFile() function? Help will be appreciated. Ram. Hello Why do you say that CopyFile() fails because of "~" in file name? "~" is a valid chara...

linking #4

Problem installing COM+ application proxy on widows 7
This might not be the correct place to ask this question as it really is not VB specific (at least I do not think it is) but you guys here have always been able to help me out either directly or by pointing me to a more appropriate group...so here is the issue. I have a large VB6 app here at the company I work for. This app uses many COM+ components (some VB some .NET). To install these COM+ components on client machines we have simply exported the COM+ application to an MSI package. This was done several years ago and has worked flawlessly since. Well they recently started upgra...

Address Book Problem #2
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] This is a recent problem. Advice? -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Sounds like you have an invalid reference to a Contacts Folder. reset those references here: Tools > E-mail a...

Links not linking

OWA Shared Calendar problem
When a new recurring apponiment is added to a shared calendar, it is not visible in OWA. New single events display. Any ideas? ...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Problem to load .fnt fonts
Hi, I am developing a WYSIWIG editor using .fnt fonts that I created in order to meet our product requirements. I am working on XP. Instead of putting the ..fnt fonts in the windir\fonts directory, I used the AddFontResource method to load them when the application starts. On XP and W2000, I have not problem and the RichEdit control that I am using recognizes the font. On W95/98/Me the AddFontResource doesn't work and the application failed. I tried to put directly the .fnt fonts in the windir\fonts but it failed. It seems that it only accepts .fon fonts. Even if I load this type of...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Weird Oulook problem
I am using Outlook 2007 and have been ever since it came out. Now all of a sudden when I hit new to compose a message or reply to reply the font in the body of the mail is real tiny.The ribbon says I am set at Calibri 11. Any ideas, I don't think I changed any settings. Check your zoom settings, its on the format text tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and E...

Continuing problem getting MM2005 to automatically import bank statements
I have a continuing problem getting Money 2005 to automatically import a downloaded bank statement. (It will only import it if I select "import statement" and select the downloaded file) The facts are: I have an installation CD containing the 1105 patch When I install this on a PC running XP Pro everything works perfectly When I install this on my Vista laptop it appears to install OK but it gives me a message after restarting "an error occurred loading MM 2005/MNY corefiles/mnymetal.dll" I checked and this file is present in the core files folder, and is the s...

links

problem carrying over values
I have one form that has a button I''ll call it form1. The button looks at a text box for an ID and if its null it opens form2 and creates a new record in form2. If the text box is NOT null, it will go find the ID that's in the text box and filter it in form2. When the new record is created in form2, I need the ID to be put into the NULL text box in form1. I know how to do this however, if you open form2 on its own, then the error msg comes up that it can't find form1. I know why I'm getting this error, but don't know the fix for it. Is there a work around? Thanks...

problem with vc++ 6 appwizard
I am trying to learn mfc, but whenever I try to compile even an unmodified skeleton program under appwizard I get 20 errors from the afxdisp.h file. The errors have something to do with trying to do C linkage to the overloaded functions. I have no idea why it is trying to link in C, there are no 'extern "C"' commands associated with the errors in question. I reinstalled visual studio and upgraded to the latest sp of vc++ 6 just to be sure. I downloaded afxdisp.h from the microsoft website and compared it to the copy installed with visual studio, just to see if my file was s...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

problem using keyboard hook
hi, i'm using keyboard hook for my application (KeyBoardProc()) hook messsages are processed by a child window. everything is working properly except when i'm accessing menus of the main window the child window also receives the messages. i tried stopping the messages ut i'm unable to track whether the user is over a menu or not. i even tried WM_ENTERMENULOP & WM_EXIT MENU LOOP.when the menu is active i need to give control to windows and should be able to identify when user exits the menu. can anyone help me. Thanks in advance. Hoo...

Links

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

resource unavailable problem
Hey. I have a stupid little problem but I just can't seem to get past it. I'm using visual c++ on visual studio 2003. My MFC app includes several dlls. In one of these dlls I'm creating a tabbed dialog box using property sheets. I can add my first property page (tab) and it comes up fine. The problem is when I try to add another property page - I end up getting the "A required resource was unavailable" dialog box. This is happening with my own classes as well as just a simple dialog box with an associated class created by the wizard (ie no code editing on my...

email links in Publisher pdf

Variation on dependant Lists problem
Hi, Is it possible to programme Excel so that if you enter a particula value in A1 it will enter an associated text in A2. For instance, I a trying to create a stock-control sheet. Each piece of stock has a cod and a description. I would like to be able to enter the code in colum A, which will automatically enter the description in column B. I kno how to create dependant lists using data validation and wondered i there was a variation on this function that would solve my problem. Many thanks And -- andyp16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andyp16...