Link To A Cell From Chart

Hi all.
I have a text box in a chart worksheet. Can I link it to an information from
any cell in other worksheet in the same workbook.

Thanks.

0
salza (60)

Yes. Click the text box icon, then click on the chart sheet to insert the
text box. Click in the formula bar and =Sheet1!A2 (or whatever cell you want
to link).

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"Salza" <salza@tm.net.my> wrote in message news:3fbfb0bf_2@news.tm.net.my...
> Hi all.
> I have a text box in a chart worksheet. Can I link it to an information
from
> any cell in other worksheet in the same workbook.
>
> Thanks.

0
twodays (259)
11/22/2003 7:04:44 PM
To link a cell's contents to a textbox:

1. Select the textbox on the chart sheet
2. Click in the formula bar, and type an equal sign
3. Click on the cell that you want to link
4. Press the Enter key.

Salza wrote:
> I have a text box in a chart worksheet. Can I link it to an information from
> any cell in other worksheet in the same workbook.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Change link between form and subform

Adding second y-axis to OLAP pivot chart
I would like to have a chart with the following: X-axis: Week of Y-axis: Lines of Code(LOC) Second Y-axis: # of Defects When I try to add the second axis, the option is disabled. How do I create the chart using a pivot table to have two different series, in order to create a second axis, I believe this is the main problem. When I select the column for a second axis it selects all data. What am I doing wrong here? Which type of chart should I use? Right now it's a stacked column chart, but the columns are side by side and I want them as one column with two colors, then two axis. Is this p...

linking #4

Format Cell as True/False
OK. It's been a while but I could've sworn that I once was able to format a cell as a yes/no so that it appeared as a checkbox in the spreadsheet. Is this possible or have I confused it with another application. ~Lori Sounds like you are remembering Access database tables. Lori wrote: > OK. It's been a while but I could've sworn that I once was able to format a > cell as a yes/no so that it appeared as a checkbox in the spreadsheet. > > Is this possible or have I confused it with another application. > > ~Lori This is a multi-part message in MIME ...

how do i copy a chart to another workbook
I just upgraded to Office 2007. In 2003 I was able to select move or copy on a chart and select copy and select another workbook, and copy the chart to that workbook. It doesn't work in 2007. What do I do? ...

Running total from an edited cell
I want to keep a running total of inventory as follows: On Hand This Shipment Quan Updated Part # 1 10 5 update this column on each new shipment Part # 2 15 10 Part # 3 20 30 I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each part# I am using Excel 2007 Please help ! See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <9104B5C3-CD46-460E-A939-C2B1EA736D42@microsoft.com>, MacPack2 <MacPack2@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

Excel 2003- Tabbing to a specific location in a cell
I have created a template and I want to be able to fill in parts of the template by just tabbing and the cursor to move to the next cell...and to a specific area in the cell...how do i set up my template to do this? THanks so much unlock the cells you want to tab to. leave the other cells protected. then protected the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "monty the magician" <monty the magician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3728D8-E730-407E-B58A-FED2C6D9EA8A@microsoft.com... >I have created a template and I want to be able to f...

Cell grouping
Hello, This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange th entire row where the departments are grouped together with th corresponding information. The dates are not important as this repor is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entir page. Thanks -- jackel JLatham Wrote: > I should add that usually Excel is smart enough to know that when you > grab > one column of information to sort, and it is contiguous with other > columns > with data in them, to grab them a...

Adding a control line to excel chart without showing up in the leg
How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, or data table? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. -- thanks tweaver On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, TWeaver <TWeaver@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or >line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, >or data table? Single-click twice on the legend entry for the control line, and ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Colour cells in Task pane.
Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? Highlight the cells you want to ad color to in your table then click on the little bucket at the top "Volcanic" wrote: > Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the > Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? > ...

How do I change column into lines on a Line-Column chart?
I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any help would be useful. Thanks Hi Ken, Create a column chart based on all your data. Select the series that you want as line and right click it. Choose Chart Type and change it to Line. Now double click the new line so you can change the Axis value to secondary. Cheers Andy Ken wrote: > I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any > help would be useful. > > Thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

How can I create and display a chart dynamically on a UserForm wi.
I am trying to create charts dynamically using VBA and Excel. The data being plotted will change frequently, and my client wants to interface only with the user form, and not the worksheet itself. I know that you can use the MSChart control to do this in VB6, but I was wondering if there is a similar control for use with Excel and VBA. If so, any additional info on how to use it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I think it's an incredibly dumb idea to want to interface only with a userform (and sacrifice the flexibility of direct access to a chart). Maybe, you can convince your c...

Links

Thank you microsoft.public.excel.charting
The following is an excerpt from the acknowledgments in my forthcoming book, Just Plain Data Analysis [the companion web page is here: http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jpda/ "To prepare the tables and charts in this book, I acquired near mastery of the 2003 Microsoft Excel charting software and considerable experience with the 2007 version. Excel is much more powerful than a counter sorter, but the frustrations are the same. My masters in my quest to earn a black belt in Excel charting were the regular contributors to the microsoft.public.excel.charting newsgroup: Rob Bovey, Debra Dalgleish, Shane ...

Find cells that contain text
Hi, as part of a loop I am trying to find cells that contain a string and then copy some adjacent cells into another sheet. I can do the copy part no problem but I am struggling with finding the string, I am using the InStr command but not sure if I ma making this to complicated, this is code I am struggling with : If InStr(string, Cells(bb, 65)) = 1 Then With string being the string I am searching for and bb being the row number and part of the loop The formula will recognise a complete string, but not part of string i.e. String = abcd_ Cell contains abcd_ match and I ca...

2 Axis Pivot Table Based Chart Problem
Hi, I have a Pivot Table with 6 data types. 1 has a wide scale, say 1 - 100,000. The other 5 data types have a scale that is narrow, say 1 - 20. After I create the Pivot Chart from the Pivot Table and choose a "Line - Column on 2 Axes" type chart, Excel assigns the first 3 data types to the scale on the left (which happens to be the small scale) and the other 3 data types to the large scale, even though 2 of those last 3 are small scale data types. So, the result is 2 data series displaying as if they are zero, because their values are things like 3, 7, 11, 0.5, yet Excel has fo...

converting cell data / opposite?
Hello Excel gurus... I have a cell/column containing a persons name: John Doe I'd like to convert cell/column to read: Doe, John What formula is used in order to make this happen? I've tried left/right/len commands out the wazzoo (technical word) - I give... uncle.... Any help? Jorge Hi Jorge in another cell use =RIGHT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)-1) &", " & LEFT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)) where C14 has the original data in it Cheers JulieD "Jorge" <czar1259@netscape.net> wrote in message news:10k0ptons6i6e4c@corp.supernews.com... > Hell...