Lines Not Showing Up in Print Preview

Hi everyone,
Whenver I preview a spreadsheet with numerous lines on one page (ove
15 rows of lines) some of the lines don't appear.  If I zoom in, the
appear once in a while, but it's not very constant.  I was wondering i
anyone heard of this as maybe an excel bug.  If not, maybe it's m
monitor?  If anyone has any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.
did some searches but didn't find anything so far.

Thank you in advance.
Ric

I think it is a monitor resolution "problem" - the screen
paint isn't quite the same as the bit map you're
previewing.  You might do better if the monitor res is
pumped up - the zoom you tried hints at that.  Sometimes
if you make the lines a bit heavier they preview better.
The bottom line is that print preview is not the same as
print.  If the lines are there, they will print, even if
they don't show up on preview.  Same thing happens in
Access.

Hope this reassures.

one page (over
>15 rows of lines) some of the lines don't appear.  If I
zoom in, they
>appear once in a while, but it's not very constant.  I
was wondering if
>anyone heard of this as maybe an excel bug.  If not,
maybe it's my
>monitor?  If anyone has any insight, I would greatly
appreciate it.  I
>did some searches but didn't find anything so far.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>Rich
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Receipt Printing #3
I read previous posts about gift receipt printing and cannot seem to get it correct. I would like to print 1 standard receipt and the option to print 1 gift receipt. I set-up the gift receipt in the Receipt Printer 2 tab and selected the same OPOS printer as in Receipt Printer 1, but selected the gift receipt template and selected the promt cashier for the second receipt. It will display the gift receipt in the journal but will not print, i get "invalid operation 425, printer not accessed - locked by another application. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance Sc...

Why doesn't a person's Title show up in mail merge?
Hello all. I created a postcard in Publisher and then did a mail merge using my Outlook Contacts. It worked perfectly EXCEPT it ignored the Title field. I tried different fields; I inserted "Job Title," "Title," and "Courtesy Title", but the person's title never appeared in the address portion of the postcard. What am I missing? I hope someone has insight into this and I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Cat. I don't use the Mail Merge function so my suggestion may be a bit off. Did you add the Field Code for the Title in the Mail Merg...

How do I arch a line of text within a banner?
I am trying to design a banner that will have two lines of text. Rather than both lines being straight, I would like to arch the top line over the second line so that I can insert artwork between the two lines of text. Can this be accomplished with this program? If not, is there a program available the I could use instead. Thank You. *Brandon* numberonesignguy wrote: > I am trying to design a banner that will have two lines of text. > Rather than both lines being straight, I would like to arch the top > line over the second line so that I can insert artwork between the > two...

Print Gift Vouchers from till printer
RMS at this point in time does not allow you to automatically print a Gift Voucher when you sell it from the pos. I would like to suggest that this is a valid enhancement to RMS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Columns showing up as thin vertical lines
We have a chart that is showing the thin vertical lines for the columns. We tried resetting the default settings and it changed several things, but not the columns . . . they remained thin vertical lines. We have tried changing the gaps and have tried deleting/recreating the chart. There are several other charts which were created in this file that are just fine. Oh, and our chart does not preview any different. We have found that if we remove enough data points the lines ever so slightly widen to thin columns. This chart is not showing any greater amount of data than the others i...

GP printing PM checks to Acuprint using ACL command line
Looking for experience of printing Great Plains PM checks to Acuprint. Have client that is trying to do this by adding ACL command line in check format report writer to tell Acuprint which template to use. Anyone successful in doing this? Thanks. ...

Publisher 2003 Printing Issue
Hi, My client has Office 2003 SP3 installed under WinXP SP2. They are having trouble with printing a newsletter from Publisher. The publication is an 8-page newsletter in "booklet" form. Each page is 8 1/2 by 11. The printer is a Konica copier with large-format (11x17) and duplex capabilities. Everything works fine when the user prints the entire booklet to the printer. They get one booklet ready to fold. One sheet of paper has pages 1, 2, 7, and 8. The "inside" sheet has pages 2, 3, 4., and 5. However, the user needs to be able to print several hundred copies of each...

Picture Printing Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C574A9.9A257BD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a page with 8 .jpg pictures that looks fine in print preview, but = only half of the images print out, the other half with a box and X. I'm = using Windows 2000 and I have plenty of memory space open. I have done = a lot of work with images before, but have never had this problem. It = is happens in both Publisher and Word - How can I solve this problem? Bill ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C5...

Publisher 2007/Vista
I am trying to print (HP officejet P145) 4 different files, each single A4 page landscape, from Microsoft publisher (office suite 2007) newsletter. Most times it will just spew out several pages of blank paper only. Another time I left it “printing” overnight with nil result by morning, and jammed the system up & I had to reboot to clear. I have had success with one file - it printed satisfactorily once, but on subsequent attempts to print the same file it has just spewed out 11 blank pages! I watched the occasions it spewed out paper on the Control Panel - the print file size was o...

Multiple lines of criteria without repeating header
Hi I'm using the database functions DMAX etc and want to have a variety o criteria in a column. However I believe the "criteria" range has to b a minimum of 2 rows with the top row containing headers. If I want t reference a row of the range of criteria, I am then lacking th headers. Including the headers would then include all rows of criteri in between too - creating an undesirable OR condition. Eg: ----B--------C--------D 2--Angle--Angle---Max 3-->=1----<3-----=DMAX(dbase,2,B2:C3) 4-->=3----<5-----=DMAX(dbase,2,B2:C4) 5-->=5----<6-----=DMAX(dbase,2,B2:C5) 6...

Text box set to memo vs. Lines Coded on a report
I have a report which looks like a legal pad with lines. 24 actual spaces. The number of lines can not change. I have duplicated a form from Excel to eliminate using it altogether. So it looks just like the Excel Report. I coded the lines into the report. I am using a text box with data type set to memo. I have several issues. 1. If the data entered into the textbox from my form fits in to the text box on one line, then there is no problem. I can just move the page footer to more or less the right position to allow it to fit inside the coded lines. (It is not exact, but close...

Print #4
I have a spreadsheet that I tried to print in landscape on legal paper, but it will not include the last column. When you select the "Page Break View" it shows this column outside the print range and no matter how much you reduce size in Page Setup it will not include this column. Thank you for your help! Go to File | Print Setup | Sheet (tab) and see if the column is included in your print range (it seems not to be from your description). Adjust accordingly. Pete That solved the problem! Thank you! "Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message news:11...

Printing problems in MFC ..
Hello all, A quick question to the gurus on this NG .. I have an application under development that produces some interesting scattergraphs, and I want to be able to print these scattergraphs as desired. The app is an MDI type app. The scattergraphs are implemented as a custom control, derrived from CDialog, and are "painted" onto the CView instance of a document within the MDI applicaiton framework. The graph is produced exactly as anticiapted, so the graphics commands work. I can't seem to get the graph to print. I created a routine that I call "DrawIntoDeviceCont...

PivotTable "show data value as" question
Hi all, I have a problem about using Pivot Table in Excel 2003: In a pivot table I have a date field, grouped by year and month, as the row field. The data field of the table is anything that can be summed. Now when I tried to display the data field value as "Difference from previous month", I found that January of each year is always blank, ideally the data value in January should be display as the difference between the actual January value minus December value of the last year. Any tricks to show them? Thanks a lot. Frederick Chow Hong Kong. If you group the dates by ...

How can I show U.S. country code (+1) in my contacts?
I've moved to Italy, and would like to have the U.S. country code show in my Outlook contacts (as the code for other countries currently does). I've changed my default location in the Windows 7 control panel, but this hasn't had the desired result. Any option settings I'm missing? Which location did you set, and to what? Did you enable the option to automatically add country code to your Contacts? -- Russ Valentine "Matt D." <Matt D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:709C5A1B-F303-498B-846E-AF0DD7B968F8@microsoft.com... > I&#...

Check box moves after printing
I have an excel spreadsheet that contains several check boxes. After printing the document, all of the check boxes move to the left side of the page and overlap other text. Is this a bug in Office XP or is there something I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated. Take a look here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steve T" <Steve T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78EF0402-D891-413C-9A1E-CDE7...

How to show recordset in datasheet?
I have brainfreeze! After creating a recordset by set x = dbs.openrecordset(strSQL) and doing all the great With x commands I would like to see the recordset in datasheet view. How do I do that?? Thanks. rick "rick" <rstreet@rogers.com> wrote in message news:%23Nz9DpRPIHA.4272@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have brainfreeze! > > After creating a recordset by set x = dbs.openrecordset(strSQL) and doing all > the great With x commands I would like to see the recordset in datasheet view. > > How do I do that?? As far as I know you can't. You need a ...

Printing/Forms
Hi I've been asked to present a suggestion for an issue we are having here. There is a spreadsheet- 29 columns, with 188 individual rows. I have to suggest a method for data entry- easy enough, I'll just show them how to use the form function. But more importantly, the data now is presented horizontally. ie if I were to print it, the data for each row would print across the paper. is there any way to keep the column headings where they are, but have the record print the opposite way. (ie in excel there would be column headings, but on paper, it would print verically and th...

Printing Problems in Entourage
I have no problem printing a monthly calendar, but if I print a weekly format, the program crashes every time. Any one else having that problem? Any suggested solutions? This is a known issue. To work around it, Try removing multi-day events that cross the weekly boundary. On 9/29/05 5:20 PM, in article 1128032452.981239.31830@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, "Tony" <tonystinson@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I have no problem printing a monthly calendar, but if I print a weekly > format, the program crashes every time. Any one else having that > problem? > > Any su...

how do I get 1 soundtrack to play throughout slide-show in p-pt?
I am trying to get a song sound tack to play throughout a presentation, but everytime the slides change, the track stops and starts again...can anyone help me out? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAF402.23A30A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good idea to mention the version of PowerPoint your using. See if this = does not work. Play sounds across multiple slides (A WAV runs through it) http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm=20 --=20 Michael Koerner MS MVP - Pow...

Publisher 2003 Outside Margin Printing Problem
Using Publisher 2003, my right side margin guide is set at .4". The document when printed, cuts off the text. The right side of the page leaves a margin of one inch. The text is cut off all the way down the page by one inch. This is not a problem in Word 2003. The whole text will print on the right side in Word. I want to print out to the right side edge of the page farther than one inch. The margin guide is set at .4". I am using 8.5 x 11 paper-landscape. This was not a problem in Publisher 2000. What in the world is wrong? When you use landscape the printer mar...

Print Area in Excel
I have two columns A & B which together total 4� inches wide. Have the printer set up for portrait 8� x 11. When I "print preview" column A shows up on the first three pages and column B shows up on the next three pages. I tried clearing 'print area' but the previous still happens. Could someone please help? Thank you, Eileen Eileen, Sounds as though you need to change your page order in File - Page Setup - Sheet. Over, then down. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Eileen" <van...

Locking rows for printing
I'd like to know how to lock the 1st row on the 1st page of a worksheet so that it is also printed on each of the following pages. Grateful for any hints. Mika >-----Original Message----- >I'd like to know how to lock the 1st row on the 1st page >of a worksheet so that it is also printed on each of the >following pages. > >Grateful for any hints. > >Mika Mika - go into Page Set up - sheet - rows to repeat at top and type in $1:$1, where the 1 would represent the rows you want to repeat. Should you wish to repeat further rows, then change the second &...

Print Out Members of a Distribution List from Exchange
I need to be able to print out the members of a distribution list that resides on Exchange. I found an article on the Microsoft Knowledge Base. It says I should be able to highlight them and press CTRL+C but that doesn't work. Has anyone found a way to copy the members and paste them somewhere in order to print them? Thanks, Debbie ...

Enter various number of blank lines in cells
I have a text spreadsheet index with 5 columns of information that has a various number of wrapped phrases in each cell. I would like to add various numbers of blank lines in some of the cells to make the information in the columns line up horizontally. Could you suggest a way to do this? For a forced line feed: <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Jim"...