Linear Programming

In Excel how do you set up a 3 variable linear programming
problem on a spreadsheet with a a number of constaints
using Solver?
0
anonymous (74719)

Franklin  -

See the tutorials and examples at www.solver.com.

Or, search your drive for the file solvsamp.xls, which is installed when
Solver is installed and which has a 3-variable nonlinear example that is
easily converted to linear.

-  Mike

www.mikemiddleton.com

+++++++++++++++++++

"Franklin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Excel how do you set up a 3 variable linear programming
> problem on a spreadsheet with a a number of constaints
> using Solver?

0
middleton1 (108)

linear and exponential graphs and x,y intercepts
I have two lines one linear (y=mx+c) and one exponential (y=c^bx) and they intercept each other. I believe it is possible to calculate where the lines intercept. Although I can do this by graphing the data, it takes time and allows for user error so a calculation would speed things along greatly. The problem: So for the first line using the equation y=mx+c the numbers for the 13kPa line are y=0.0021x+9e-16 And for the exponential line (y=c^bx) which we produce to using the myograph is y=0.0022^0.0046x (^=Exp) I know that the two lines intercept at 1613. But no matter what I try I can&...

what are Compile Errors on Starting program?
How do i stop the above from happening They're caused by errors in code. But you'll have to do some detective work to find the workbook with the problem. Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp qs1 wrote: > > How do i stop the above from happening -- Dave Peterson ...

How do I correct erros from another program?
Hello. I'm creating a querie from another program. It register the time of each employee get in and get out of work. But the machine that read cards and register have problems, well it's not it's fault it'as just the way that it's programed. The problem is that sometimes the program reads twice the card and looks like an employee enter and out at the same time. it can happens, but mostly is the program that does that. So what I want is to eliminate those record even if some good register/recodset must be lost. So I have this querie that returns this data: ----...

How I can lunch executable program from my application
How I can lunch executable program from my application example 1) run something exe -arg1 2) send more argument to same program Thanks, Take a look at the following API's ShellExecute[Ex]() CreateProcess() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "mp" <plamir@volja.net> wrote in message news:uv#9oeWdDHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How I can lunch executable program from my application > > example > > 1) run something exe -arg1 > 2) send more argument to same program > > Thanks, > > ...

Linear Programming
In Excel how do you set up a 3 variable linear programming problem on a spreadsheet with a a number of constaints using Solver? Franklin - See the tutorials and examples at www.solver.com. Or, search your drive for the file solvsamp.xls, which is installed when Solver is installed and which has a 3-variable nonlinear example that is easily converted to linear. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com +++++++++++++++++++ "Franklin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c5a01c500bf$8f5038c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel how do you set up a 3 variable ...

abnormal program termination: Visual C++ Runtime Library
When I close Outlook2000 I keep getting this error message. "Program C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office]Outlook.exe" I'm using Office 2000 Prof ed, with Wind2k. How do I correct? ...

How to remove a program from Windows XP without using Add/Remove program
A couple of years ago I had trouble removing "Dynamics GP 10.0" using the Add/Remove program. I stumbled onto an article that showed me an alternative method of removing installed programs from Windows without using the Add/Remove program. I launched some native application on Windows that listed all the installed programs and was able to remove it that way (without messing with the registry). I cannot recall what that application or folder is. Anyone know what I am talking about? I am not talking about a 3rd party application. Thanks. Nergock wrote: > A couple of...

Changing default icons associated with .exe program files
Am using Windows XP SP3 and have the following two media players installed in the Program Files folder: 1) Media Player Classic (mplayerc.exe) 2) Media Player Classic Home Cinema (mpc-hc.exe) Both of these .exe program files are being assigned the same default icon by WinXP. I would like to assign a different icon to say, mpc-hc.exe, such that it is clearly identifiable in the right click context file menu such as Open with... At this time, both of these media players are being identified by the same name i.e. "Media Player Classic" and the same default Win XP i...

write a program which tests a specific port to see wether is listening mode?
hi all, I want to write a program which tests a specific port to see wether is in listening mode or not. do you know any api / code to get tat?? Network port? Or I/O port? I'm assuming network port information here... Are you looking for the sort of state that netstat reports? Take a look at GetTcpTable, which will lead you to the rest of the functions for the IP Helper APIs. joe On 30 Apr 2007 04:53:13 -0700, "vishal.g.shah@gmail.com" <vishal.g.shah@gmail.com> wrote: >hi all, > I want to write a program which tests a specific por...

how do I graph a linear equation?
I want to graph the linear equation y = 2x + 4 in microsoft excel. How do I do this? On my TI-83 Plus I could easily do this. I also know I could create a data table and use the table of values to chart the line in excel. But I want just enter the equation in excel and have excel graph it. Thanks. On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Throstle <Throstle@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to graph the linear equation y = 2x + 4 in microsoft excel. How do I >do this? On my TI-83 Plus I could easily do this. I also know I could create >a data table and ...

Programming using user forms
I have a workbook with 69 worksheets. 68 of the worksheets are formatted exactly the same. Each represents a different jurisdiction. The 69th sheet is called "Pivots". I have code that creates csv files by drilling down on each pivot table. The code is something like... Dim pt as PivotTable For each pt in Worksheets("Pivots").Pivottables Do some stuff Next pt This works very well but I may always want to do the "stuff" on every pivot table. Is there a way, with user forms or something, to select certain pivot tables (based on their name, maybe?). Ma...

Exchange Server 5.5 Administrator program in windows 2003
Does anyone know how I go about installing Exchange Server 5.5 Administrator program on Windows 2003? Articles talk about using this and I think I may need to use this to remove the last 5.5 server in my org as the server is now defunct (in fact melted) I cannot get any version of 5.5 to install on the 2003 server ???? I am runnign setup.exe on the Exchange 5.5 CD?? jON On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:15:12 +0100, "Jon Rowlan" <jon.rowlan@sads.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how I go about installing Exchange Server 5.5 Administrator >program on Windows 2003? > >Art...

Programming a keystroke assignment
Hi, Is there a way to "Reset" the keystroke assignments in the Normal template using a macro stored in a global template? I'm using Word 2003. I have 800 users and don't want to roll out a new normal just because I have a few keystrokes that aren't assigned properly. Thanks You should not be changing users' Normal templates at all. If you want to alienate your users, or have already alienated them and are trying to save face, then, yes, you can precede your key (un-)assignment code with: CustomizationContext = NormalTemplate and the changes...

using linear / non linear graphs to extract results
Hi, A frequent function of my job is to analyse data on graphs/charts to extract data for engineering data , i.e power / temperature/flowrates etc etc Is the a microsoft based programe i.e. Excel/Access that is capable of understanding data on a scaled X-Y axis that if an X value was entered in a cell, the programme would extract a corresponding Y value from a line on a graph ? If anyone has any woring examples of such a thing, I'd appreciate a link Thx Hi, If there is a linear relationship between X and Y use the function FORECAST It a power series is needed use LINEST - see examp...

Simple Checkbook program
Any recommendations on a simple checkbook program that can import Microsoft Money 2004 files. What would you consider the difference between Money 2004 and a "simple checkbook program"? What do you want a "simple checkbook program" to do? "Strewmend" <rteodosio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns9773E9F44D0E4rteodosioyahoocom@216.196.97.136... > Any recommendations on a simple checkbook program that can import > Microsoft > Money 2004 files. Dick Watson wrote: > What would you consider the difference between Money 2004 and a "s...

Socket Programing using ASyncsocket
I did a Socket Programing by using AsycSocket..I used win32 MFC based application..........But Create() return zero....That is socket was not created.. Code is given below... void CCLientSocket::InitializeClient() { if (0 == Client.Create()) { MessageBox(NULL,_T("Client Socket is not created"),_T("Client Socket"),0); } else { MessageBox(NULL,_T("Client Socket is created"),_T("Client Socket"),0); } } What is the problem?????????? So where in this code did you call ::GetLastError (...

Master Affiliate Program
--_NextPart_000096BE-00002353-26E1049E-DB56 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Ideas4Rent released a new product - "Become a Master Affiliate Marketer"A step by step program to help you create passive income full or part time. If you don't know where to start to make money on the internet then this book is like a business roadmap. http://masteraffiliateprogram.ideas4rent.com --_NextPart_000096BE-00002353-26E1049E-DB56-- ...

Linear Regression
I have five numbers in: A1,B1,C1,D1,E1 Is there a function that will give me the linear regression of those numbers that can be put in D1, with charting etc? TIA Linear regression works with ordered pairs. row 1: 1,2,3,4,5 row 2: 2,4,6,8,<formula> formula in E2 : =FORECAST(E1,A2:D2,A1:D1) will return 10 Any use? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Saxman" <john.h.williamsREMOVETHIS@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:XpidnXpInZMDMx7WnZ2dnUVZ8m1i4p2d@bt.com... > I have five numbers in: &...

Is there any templates for programs given in a church service
I do programs for my church. Programs like Pastor Appreciation Programs and Mission programs. I need templates that I can use to type out who is on the program and what role they are playing in the program. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what type of template I can use to type out this type of program What version Publisher do you have? In Publisher 2003, file, new, publications for print, scroll down to program, might try adapting one of these. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "smack" <smack@dis...

get with the program!
I find it down right ludicrous and offensive as a web designer that MS has yet to get to the same CSS rendering standards as other major browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Why is it that when anyone designs a site, they always have to follow up with, "OK now what hacks do I need to put in place to make it look the same on IE?" You are single handedly setting back web design. I understand the desire to be different from other browsers, but it should NOT be in the way you render code. IE is a joke in the designer community. I wish you would just get in line on ...

Name of program(s) in Taskbar
I have WinXP. I have some folders I keep on my desktop that aren't programs themselves, but that contain frequently used programs. One, for instance I've named "My Programs". It used to show in the Taskbar simply as My Programs. I had a man working on my computer this past week, and now it shows as the entire path name, i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\My Programs. Needless to say, it doesn't show all that, so if I have another such folder also open, I can't tell them apart when they are both minimized and in the Taskbar. ...

Linear Equations
I am having difficulty graphing a linear equation in two variables by using three ordered pair 1/2 y = 2x + My ordered pair x 0 1 y 2 6 10 see as follow Pairs x (0, 2 (1, 6 (2, 10 I am unable to graph this problem and need help!!! Just select the range containing the ordered pairs and Insert|Chart. Jerry Angela Mitchell wrote: > I am having difficulty graphing a linear equation in two variables by using three ordered pairs > > 1/2 y = 2x + 1 > > My ordered pairs > x 0 1 2 > y 2 6 10 see as follows > > Pairs: > x y > (0, 2) >...

linear increments
Hi, I am kind of new to excel and was wondering if excel is capable of doing linear increments. I want increments that can vary, meaning in one case i want to go from 0 to 10 in increments of 2 and in other cases i want to go from 0 to 10 in increments of 5. The number of cells change. Is it possible for excel to do this w/o having to specify the number of cells needed? -- NewGuy100 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ NewGuy100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27935 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Is there any office program that helps design your own bank checks
I would like to design my own checks (bank checks) Is there any designs (formats) made to help me get started?? You can write checks on deposit receipts, cant see why I cant print my own checks, designed the way I want. Any comments are welcome. I have looked into this too. The major problem is the magnetic striping of account numbers across the bottom of the check. The characters are alpha/numeric and they get read both optically and magnetically by the banking system. The font to do all this is highly copyrighted, and I don't think you will find it on eBay. The printer to produ...

Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the other programs and then click, Retry, or Click to Cancel sidebar.
when im logon to my pc(OS is windows vista business 64- bit) im getting "Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the other programs and then click, Retry, or Click to Cancel sidebar." and im not able to open any application and i cannt install or unnstall any program and im nt getting sidebar.so please get me some thing about this.how do i get rid of this. with regards, phanileo -- phanileo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ phanileo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/158592.htm View this thread: htt...