Linear Optimization

how can I optimize with integer variables?

Assuming you are using Solver, add a constraint that specifies the
variables to be 'Int' (w/o the quotes).

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <E214DF54-5098-41E1-9DD9-74DD53017D30@microsoft.com>,
FaranakNegahdar@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> how can I optimize with integer variables?

linear and exponential graphs and x,y intercepts
I have two lines one linear (y=mx+c) and one exponential (y=c^bx) and they intercept each other. I believe it is possible to calculate where the lines intercept. Although I can do this by graphing the data, it takes time and allows for user error so a calculation would speed things along greatly. The problem: So for the first line using the equation y=mx+c the numbers for the 13kPa line are y=0.0021x+9e-16 And for the exponential line (y=c^bx) which we produce to using the myograph is y=0.0022^0.0046x (^=Exp) I know that the two lines intercept at 1613. But no matter what I try I can&...

Linear Programming
In Excel how do you set up a 3 variable linear programming problem on a spreadsheet with a a number of constaints using Solver? Franklin - See the tutorials and examples at www.solver.com. Or, search your drive for the file solvsamp.xls, which is installed when Solver is installed and which has a 3-variable nonlinear example that is easily converted to linear. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com +++++++++++++++++++ "Franklin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c5a01c500bf$8f5038c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel how do you set up a 3 variable ...

how do I graph a linear equation?
I want to graph the linear equation y = 2x + 4 in microsoft excel. How do I do this? On my TI-83 Plus I could easily do this. I also know I could create a data table and use the table of values to chart the line in excel. But I want just enter the equation in excel and have excel graph it. Thanks. On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Throstle <Throstle@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to graph the linear equation y = 2x + 4 in microsoft excel. How do I >do this? On my TI-83 Plus I could easily do this. I also know I could create >a data table and ...

using linear / non linear graphs to extract results
Hi, A frequent function of my job is to analyse data on graphs/charts to extract data for engineering data , i.e power / temperature/flowrates etc etc Is the a microsoft based programe i.e. Excel/Access that is capable of understanding data on a scaled X-Y axis that if an X value was entered in a cell, the programme would extract a corresponding Y value from a line on a graph ? If anyone has any woring examples of such a thing, I'd appreciate a link Thx Hi, If there is a linear relationship between X and Y use the function FORECAST It a power series is needed use LINEST - see examp...

How to optimize CString class in the debug version.
I'm developing the large program. Let me know how to optimize CString class. CString class consumes time very much in the debug version. I times the program by using the profile function in Visual C++ 6.0. I found that the CString class consumed time very much. But I also found that CString class consume time very much in the debug version. CString class doesn't consume time in the release version. I am developing two programs which are similar. CString class consumes time very much in the one program debug version. But CString class doesn't consume in another program debug ve...

Linear Regression
I have five numbers in: A1,B1,C1,D1,E1 Is there a function that will give me the linear regression of those numbers that can be put in D1, with charting etc? TIA Linear regression works with ordered pairs. row 1: 1,2,3,4,5 row 2: 2,4,6,8,<formula> formula in E2 : =FORECAST(E1,A2:D2,A1:D1) will return 10 Any use? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Saxman" <john.h.williamsREMOVETHIS@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:XpidnXpInZMDMx7WnZ2dnUVZ8m1i4p2d@bt.com... > I have five numbers in: &...

Linear Equations
I am having difficulty graphing a linear equation in two variables by using three ordered pair 1/2 y = 2x + My ordered pair x 0 1 y 2 6 10 see as follow Pairs x (0, 2 (1, 6 (2, 10 I am unable to graph this problem and need help!!! Just select the range containing the ordered pairs and Insert|Chart. Jerry Angela Mitchell wrote: > I am having difficulty graphing a linear equation in two variables by using three ordered pairs > > 1/2 y = 2x + 1 > > My ordered pairs > x 0 1 2 > y 2 6 10 see as follows > > Pairs: > x y > (0, 2) >...

linear increments
Hi, I am kind of new to excel and was wondering if excel is capable of doing linear increments. I want increments that can vary, meaning in one case i want to go from 0 to 10 in increments of 2 and in other cases i want to go from 0 to 10 in increments of 5. The number of cells change. Is it possible for excel to do this w/o having to specify the number of cells needed? -- NewGuy100 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ NewGuy100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27935 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Graph two linear inequality equations
So the question is..... Any help or guidnace or direction to a web page from the gurus would be appreciated for getting it into excel so I can have a pretty graph. I can solve this with a stuby pencil and paper. Easy enough to get the X and Y coordinates. How do you put it into excel to graph? I looked online and find examples, but the more I look the more confused I get. 400j + 250X <= 20,000 (j=0 and x= 80) (j=50 and x =0) straight line 40j + 30X <= 2,160 (j= 0 x = 72) J = 54 X = 0) straight line j >= 0 x >=0 (0,72) X220 = 15,840 (54,0) X320 = 17,280 An electronics ...

Linear Optimization
how can I optimize with integer variables? Assuming you are using Solver, add a constraint that specifies the variables to be 'Int' (w/o the quotes). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <E214DF54-5098-41E1-9DD9-74DD53017D30@microsoft.com>, FaranakNegahdar@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can I optimize with integer variables? > ...

forced linear regression
Hello, I have a dataset with a (straight) line fit to it (with regression value and everything). My question is how do I take line with a different slope and force fit it to my data and optimise this new fit (i.e. get a new, obviously smaller, regression value that's a maximum for the forced slope with my data)? It's sort of the opposite of forcing a line through zero, I think. Anyway, is it possible, and if so where do I go to find out how to do it? I think you have to do it the old fashioned way. Attached is a example. If you don't have 'Solver...' on y...

Linear Line
Firstly, apologies as this will appear twice. I sent it via Google and they said it'll be 3-8 hours before posted, now if I had 3-8 hours that'd be useful! My question: I have 8 sets of x,y coordinates, is there a function that can tell me if all points are linear (i.e. form a straight line). Thanks in advance Mike Do your own google searches with Ron's add in http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Mike" <mrskowse@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vhvm1693cg7400@corp.supernews.com... > First...

linear interpolation
Hi, I have a set of data that has monthly (or sometimes biweekly) measurements. However, I need to interpolate the daily values using the actual consecutive data. However, I do not want to put a best-fit line or curve through the data for the whole year. I want the program to pick between two consecutive values, and depending on their relationship (linear increase or decrease), fill in the gaps between them and spit out the corresponding values. For example, I have the following set, Date Value Jan. 10 0 Jan. 15 5 what I need is this: Date Value Jan. 10 0 Ja...

X Axis Linear Representation Problem
I have a project involving a hiking trail where I am trying to capture altitude on Y axis versus mile marker location on X axis. I can enter the data in adjoining columns and use the chart wizard but each mile marker value gets positioned along the X axis in uniform increments rather than an actual linear scale representation. In other words, mile markers 3.3 and the next mile marker (3.8) are the same distance apart on the X axis in the graphic representation as is marker 3.8 and the next one (12.5). This distorts the graphic representation of the actual linear distance between the...

Linear Fitting
Hello I have a 512*256 data file. What I want to be able to do is create a new matrix by doing the following First, I want to calculate the linear fit equation for each row (the equation is different for each row). Then, I want to replace every value in that row with the value stored there minus the linear fit equation, where x is just the index number for the row. I want to be able to do this for all 512 rows, ultimately creating a whole new data set Let me just provide you with an example so it's clear what I am asking. So in my data file there are 256 numbers in the first row. T...

How do I perform linear regression?
How or where do I perform linear regression - in the chart or worksheet? Do you mean simply where do you perform it, or do you mean how to do it in general? "kunlez" wrote: > How or where do I perform linear regression - in the chart or worksheet? kunlez wrote: > How or where do I perform linear regression - in the chart or worksheet? ------------ Lots of possibilities, depending on what you want to get out of it. The simplest way is to just plot your data on an X,Y chart and then ask Excel to add the trend line to the data. Right click on the data line of the chart an...

CRM v3
Are there any suggestions on optimizing the performance of CRM v3? Noticably the Laptop Client Sync? We're already looking for a Best Practices and Performance Optimization documentation. Microsoft put out the Optimizating Performance in CRM v1.2 over a year ago, which was nearly 2 years after CRM was out. Given the significant difference in the Database structure, I don't think the scripts in this document are relavent for CRM v3. -- Carroll Little Hi Carroll, We made significant improvements to sync in this version. Are you just looking for some best practices, or are ...

Trendline
I am using Excel 2007. I added a linear trendline in an Excel Chart and noted down the slope of the linear equation. When I used the same table in Excel 2003, the slope was different. I checked this out a lot of time and figured it out that Excel 2007 is giving value one digit short. e.g. slope in Excel 2003 is 20533 but in Excel 2007 it is 2053 (missing last digit of 3). I hope your technical staff will figure this out. r_sohail@ppl.com.pk rasha_great@hotmail.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To...

Linear Line in Graph
I am trying to create a graph for Patients per day. I would like it to graph my current years patients per day, and then do a trend/linear line for prior years pt's per day. Is there anyway to accomplish this using Access 2007? Thanks in advance for your help. Yes. If you want a more complete response, we need to know: - Your table(s) structure with significant fields and data types - Explain the difference between your current and previous year's lines - Do you want a point for each date -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Sr Accountant" wro...

linear trendline
Hi Can someone please help me with the trendline function in the graph. Does the linear regression represent a regular/classical fit or a Deming approach? With the regular approach the lines 'drawn' from the individual data points to the regression line are parallel to the Y-axis, Deming lines at an angle defined by the ratio of the relative errors of the 2 methods. How can I calculate the Deming method within Excel? Thanks Jo ...

linear fit
How can I obtain the propagation error (of tha a and b value ) when I do a linear fit of xi, and yi with excel? Tell us what A and B mean to you. Have a look at LINEST in the Help feature - it calculates standard errors in slope and intercept best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Mauro" <Mauro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65D211B2-8456-46FB-98DD-5D09B55CAB89@microsoft.com... > How can I obtain the propagation error (of tha a and b value ) when I do a > linear fit of xi, and yi wi...

SQL Optimized Destination for GL Transactions
QUESTION: Has anyone successfully used the SQL Optimized Destination to post GL Transactions to Unit Accounts? Can it be done? BACKGROUND: I have written a Traditional Integration Manager script to create GL Transactions to Unit Accounts. This works OK, but you must have Great Plains running in the background. I'd like to use the SQL Optimized adapter to do the same thing so I do not have to have Great Plains running in the background and have the option of running this as a scheduled task every night. However, it appears that you CANNOT use the SQL Optimized Destination ...

I suck at basic linear math
It's been too long ago since first grade. I wish to calculate the intersecting point of 2 lines: typedef struct { POINT from; POINT to; } LINE; BOOL GetIntersectingPoint(LINE line1, LINE line2, LPPOINT lpPoint) { // if intersect, set lpPoint, return TRUE, otherwise return FALSE } Can someone fill in the body of this function? Lisa >It's been too long ago since first grade. >I wish to calculate the intersecting point of 2 lines: >Can someone fill in the body of this function? Google Lisa! http://www.geog.ubc.ca/courses/klink/gis.notes/ncgia/u32.html Dave ...

Help Optimize Code
I have created t-sql script listed below to create t0, t1, t2 ,and t3 user accounts (first cursor) with there corresponding passwords with only processadmin server role. Next cursor is used for all user accounts (t0, t1, t2, t3) have already been created. Need to make sure only processadmin server role is applied to the user account. It's important that if the user accounts already is created that they are not created and ensure they have the only have processadmin server role permission. Please help me optimize the code listed below. Thanks so much for the help. ...