Line Numbering

Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet?  If so,
how?
Thanks
0
edeleon68 (1)

"Ernie" <edeleon68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet?  If so,
> how?
> Thanks

Use the formula
=ROW()
copied down.

0
Paul
2/19/2004 1:57:49 PM
Hi
do you neet the row numbers on your printout? If yes goto 'File -
Pagesetup - Table' and check the option to inlcude row and column
headings

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Ernie wrote:
> Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet?  If so,
> how?
> Thanks

0
frank.kabel (11126)

tab numbers in onenote
how do you get the tabs to display numbers as in 1 2 3 4 etc. Go here: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.onenote -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29A2C049-1033-4234-B0F0-CA69131DFBF0@microsoft.com... > how do you get the tabs to display numbers as in 1 2 3 4 etc. ...

limit on number of accounts in outlook?
Hi - new here. I can usually figure stuff out myself but this one has really got me stumped. I have multiple email accounts on my own domains and multiple email accounts with my ISP. Outlook will retrieve mail for as many ISP accounts as I wish to setup. But Outlook chokes when I have more than four email accounts from my domains set up. I get a send receive error even though when I test the account in the account setup dialog, everything works fine. I have set up my domain email accounts in two other email apps and have no problem sending and receiving from them. I have even imported...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

RMS should allow the transfer of serial numbers automatically.
When transfering items that have serial numbers from store to store , there should be a feature to allow the export and import of the serial numbers especially using headquaters. In this way you won't need to rescan 500 -1000 items when you are dispacthing and then all over again when you receive it . ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

Change Number to Actual Text
I would like to change a number to actual text, for example: 1 would be 'one' or 1278 would be 'one thousand two hundred seventy-eight' Is this possible? Thanks! Jimmi ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Automatically Increment Row Numbers
I have a spreadsheet with a list of names on a waiting list, and I have each row numbered incrementally using the formula =A1+1 etc. However, when I delete a row (when someone 'drops out' of the waiting list) the row numbers below come up with an error (#REF!). I have also tried to number the rows using Excel's automatic list, but when I remove a row the row number also disappears (ie row number 9 follows straight after 7, rather than changing to 8). What I would like the spreadsheet to do is this: I have a list: 1 John Smith 2 Joe Blogss 3 Katie Merryfield 4 Ian Jones 5 ...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Restricting number of viewings?
Without using macros, is there a way to allow someone to view an application only once or twice, after which point they could no longer view the spreadsheet (for example, if I want to send a worksheet sample that I don't want to be used permenantly). I don't think so, you can restrict access with macros but this can be overcome by opening the workbook with macros disabled. You can also write code to prevent a workbook being opened unless macros are enabled, but this is overcome quite easily by anyone with a little knowledge of Excel and VBA. In short, Excel is not designed for securit...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

Lookup Function? Employee Number with Employee Name
I have a spreadsheet that I believe that I need some form of LOOKUP function, but have been unable to find the type that I need. I have a column "C" that has an employee number in it. I have created a table on Sheet 2 with the Employee Number and the corresponding Employee Name in that table. I want to have the column "D" on Sheet 1 to automatically fill in the Employee Name based on the Employee Number in column "C". What type of function would this be? and suggestions on syntax? Thanks for the help. =VLOOKUP(c1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) Or for instan...

how do I number a form for repeated use?
I am trying to create a template form that will number the form automatically. I will be using this for to invoice from and want it to number each one so a number can't be skipped or used twice. What can I do. The only thing I have done is used a spinner button, but this has to be changed each time on the form and doesn't relate back to the template. Nicole Check out JE mcGimpsey's site for VBA methods to produce sequential invoice numbers. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:31:05 -0700, "Nicole-A&quo...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Extend Number of columns
Hi I use excel for annual schedulig but number of the columns are less than what I need. Is it possible to increase that? thk hme -- hme ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15930 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=536686 256 columns per sheet is all you get -- mudraker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2473 Vi...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

Help with total page number and number of copies
I'm trying to have displayed, somewhere in the footer, the total numbe of pages printed (rather than just the total number of pages); so if have one sheet and print it twelve times it say the page total i twelve on the sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi which Excel version do you have?. There should be a symbol in the custom header/footer section to insert this information -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I'm trying to have displayed, somewhere in the footer, the total > number of pages printed (rather than just the total number of pages);...

Chapter numbers
My spreadsheet/workbook consists of approx. 80 worksheets. Each worksheet should be considered a page. I have inserted sequential page numbers in the footer. However, is there a way I can insert a chapter number before each page number, i.e., 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc? And if I can be even more greedy, is there a way I can "break" the chapter numbers within my workbook, so that the first 40 pages will paginate as 1-2, 1-2, 1-3, etc., and the last 40 pages will paginate as 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, etc.? Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .Page...

Build numbers?
Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to incorporate build numbers into your automated build scripts? I have a batch file that builds my project. I can run it nightly if necessary or on demand. I would like it to increment the build number each time I run it such that I can right-click on my binaries and see it in the version properties. Any thoughts on where to store this build number and how to pass it to the build command? Ken wrote: > Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to incorporate build numbers > into your automated build scripts? > > I have a batch...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

duplicate voucher number the same payment number exist
Two different transaction but same payment number. One is already posted that's why the error appeared duplicate keys every time i posted the other transaction. Why is it that there is a duplicate number since the transaction made in different time although same day! I saw it in pm10300. i need to post the other transaction but i cannot post because of that posted payment number exist. What can i do? any body can help me regarding this matter. thank you! magar I would delete the payment and redo the task. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MC...

VBA/Row number/column numer
If I want to specify a cell in VBA but only know it's row NUMBer and not column number, how would I describe this cell in vba? i.e. instead of AA5, i want to be able to talkb about it as being column 27 and row 5... thanks! Mika, Cells(Row, Column) Cells(2, 3) would give you cell C2 -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "mika." <conceptualness@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:07ad01c37be7$ffd1b0a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If I want to specify a cell in VBA but only know it's row > NUMBer a...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...