Limits

I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and
evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have
that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can
hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of
the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column.
ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol
0
student1 (34)

You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that.  The code you would write
in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within
the range you want.  Then the code would check the value of what you
entered, and if it exceeds some value the code would reduce the value to
what you want and insert the difference, or whatever you want, into some
other column.   Writing the code is left to the student.   HTH   Otto
"Student" <Student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and
> evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and
> have
> that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil
> can
> hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit
> of
> the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different
> column.
> ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol

0
ottokmnop (389)

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

pivot table limitation
Hi, when i tried to generate an excel report. It gives me an error message "Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the PivotTable report, or to the page position. Alternatively, right-click a field, and then click Hide or Hide Levels on the shortcut menu. Error in generating report. Please contact Administrator!" What can i do with this message? Is this the data volumne limitation for pivot table? Thanks for your help You have hit one of Excel's limitations. For pivot tab...

mailbox limit notifications
How can I force on Ecxhange server that notifications of mailbox limit are always sent on english language, not taking care of users language settings in Outlook? If the language setting on the server is set to English, then the notification should be English (per http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;277856) If that is not the case, you may want to verify that you are running the latest service pack for the OS and Exchange as well as the latest updates. Doug Blanchard [MSFT] Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup p...

PST File Size Limitation
I am unable to open my PST file. I have run the Inbox repair tool. This is the second time this has happened. In an Outlook 2000 and W2K Internet Only Mail envirmonment, is there a file size limitation for PST files? On two separate occasions, the files have either become corrupted or have not responded around the 2GB file size. If there is a limitation? Could this be the reason? Are there any means of extending that limit and restoring my PST files? yes. pst files do have size limitations. large table support not enabled (default for outlook 97 - 2000) * 16000 items per fold...

Storage limit #2
I'm a new Exchange Server user. From a document of Microsoft I found that Exchange Server standard edition with SP2 "storage limits have increased to 75 gigabytes (GB)" What does it mean? Does it mean that all storage (mailboxes and public folders) added together cannot exceed 75GB? If one day the total storage exceed 75GB, what will happen? Ming Choi wrote: > I'm a new Exchange Server user. From a document of Microsoft I found that > Exchange Server standard edition with SP2 "storage limits have increased to > 75 gigabytes (GB)" What does it me...

Limit values in combo box
I have a form frmEst with a subform sfrMat. On sfrMat are two combo boxes, cboCat to choose a Category and cboPartNo to choose a Part Number. I want to limit the choices in cboPartNo to only those parts that are members of the Category chosen in cboCat. I'm really struggling with the code to make this work. Help, please. Ivor This is a common question. Check out this website for details: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm HTH Damon "Ivor Williams" <ivorwilliams@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:mFH1i.179150$DE1.12092@pd7urf2no... >I have a form frmEs...

Credit Limits
Is there a way to globally increase customer credit limits by a set $ amount for all customers. Yes, Go to Administrator, connect to the database, backup the database (always do it first !), go to the Query window and type in there: UPDATE Customer SET CreditLimit=CreditLimit+300 and then press the big green arrow and wait for result '300' here is just an example. This command will increase each customer's credit limit by $300. Change the number in the command as you wish. If you wish give all customers, say, flat $500 credit limit, change the command as the following: UP...

Limit Smartlist to Unposted Orders only
When a run a smartlist for sales transactions, it returns both unposted and history items. How do I limit a smartlist to only show unposted items? Mike, Place a search criteria on the smart list that says where Documnet Staus is equal to Unposted. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "Mike Davis" wrote: > When a run a smartlist for sales transactions, it returns both unposted and > history items. How do I limit a smartlist to only show unposted items? ...

copy paste cell character limit
Office 2K fully patched to latest updates. We have several Excel spreadsheets with cells that have several hundred words in each cell. 1) When we highlight the cell and press COPY then go to another cell and press PASTE in another spreadsheet not all of the words are pasted. 2) When we highlight the cell and press COPY then go to word and press PASTE all of the words are pasted in a text cell. 2) When we highlight the cell and press COPY then go to notepad and press PASTE all of the words are pasted. There are multiple cells that need to be moved but we cannot use method 2 or three becaus...

ActiveX limits
Dear readers of these lines, what's the difference between a MFC based stand-alone application and a MFC based ActiveX Control regarding restrictions? Can I make an ActiveX Control with a complex user interface using menus, splitter window etc etc? Can I redesign an existing MDI application like MS Visual C++ Dev. Studio itself as an ActiveX Control? Thanking forward for your valuable help, Regards, David. ...

Excel Limitations??
Hi, I'm currently running Excel 2002 on a XP Pro system with a Pentium 4 (dual CPU) 3.20 GHz with 2.00 GB of RAM. I have a large spreadsheet which evaluates live stock quotations. I'm currently receiving about 250,000 quotes via RTD links. When I attempted to view more data (up to 300,000) I started to notice an increased slow down in performance. Here are some of my stats via Task manager: avg 50-65% CPU PF Usage: 644 MB Totals Handles: 15407 Threads: 540 Processes: 44 Commit Charge Total: 659320 Limit: 6133412 Peak: 939716 Physical Memory (K) Total: 2095780 Available: 12...

.pst question, why does a .pst limit to 2gig
from reading on the board, the pst stops working well after the 2G limit , why is this and am I understanding this correcttly??? what do you do if you have tons of info??? On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 22:26:24 -0700, "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote: >from reading on the board, the pst stops working well after the 2G limit , >why is this and am I understanding this correcttly??? what do you do if you >have tons of info??? > Actually, many people have experienced difficulties when their .pst files get to about the 1.2GB size. As to why, it is just a limitation of the way ...

Limitations in MS Query?
This message was originally posted in the Word-discussion group, but I was recommended to post it here instead: I have a Word-document that collects data from a database through MS Query and joins them to a letter. This has been working very well until just recently. It seems that if a field in the database contains a very long text MS Query is unable to handle the data. In my example a field in the database containing 42219 characters in 595 rows causes MS Query to crash. Does anyone know the exact number of characters or rows that is the maximum content in a field in MS Query? I wi...

Microsoft Access Table Record Limitation
Hi, is there a limit to how may rows an access table can have before it performs poorly? "mark" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OGxT6vdgKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, is there a limit to how may rows an access table can have before it > performs poorly? > > --- > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access/ That's depends upon the type and quality of indexes, as well as other factors. I have a database front-end that connects to a 1.1 GB backend with 6 million records. By using the primary key, I can pull 1 record ...

1000 limit on autofilter
I should be grateful for guidance on any "workarounds" to get around the 1000 limit on records that appear in dropdown lists in autofilter. Thanks -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears You can use an additional column with a formula to break the items into groups. There are a couple of examples here: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits Jack Schitt wrote: > I should be grateful for guidance on any "workarounds" to get around the > 1000 limit on records that appear in dropdown lists in autofilter. > > Thanks > --...

limitation
hi how do i know if i meets the excel specification limits? You can't. But when working on Excel, it will slow-dwon dramatically calculation-speed. Next, screenupdating will malfunction because memory is not available anymore. But before you reach that stage, yu must have created a huge spreadsheet. -- ------------------------- Rosenkrantz Spreadsheet Solutions Witkopeend 24 1423 SN Uithoorn Netherlands ------------------------- T: (0297) 527511 E: contact@rosenkrantz.nl W: www.rosenkrantz.nl ------------------------- "jp" <jjuan@trilux.com.ph> wrote in message...

exchange 2003 user mailbox limit
Does exchange 2003 have a limit to the size amount a user's mailbox can be even if you have no default setting for email size? You can set this on each mailbox store either individually or, preferably, through a mailbox store policy. You can configure this in each user's properties pages, and that setting will override what is set for the mailbox store. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OGxRDcZ3GHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does exchange 2003...

Automation
I want to use Automation to send a fairly large XML string to an Excel Macro using VARIANT _Application::Run(const VARIANT& Macro, const VARIANT& Arg1, const VARIANT& Arg2,....const VARIANT& Arg30); I would like to send up to 2 to 3mb as an XML string - does anyone know if this will be OK - before I spend too much time trying to implement it Many thanks for any replies "phil oakleaf" <news@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio news:#oAk7fIuKHA.5384@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I want to use Automation to send a fairly large XML s...