Limiting physical length of text in a text box control

I am creating a restrictive form in XL2K.  Anybody know how I can limit the
length of text typed into a text box control to the physical size of the text
box I created.  I can only seem to limit the number of characters.

Many thanks

0
XL2Know (2)

Thought i'd bump this up just incase there might be some fresh eyes that can
give it a shot.  Thx Again

"XL2Know" wrote:

> I am creating a restrictive form in XL2K.  Anybody know how I can limit the
> length of text typed into a text box control to the physical size of the text
> box I created.  I can only seem to limit the number of characters.
>
> Many thanks

0
XL2Know (2)

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Dollar text
Hi I do my proposal in Excel and I'm wondering if I can format a cell to convert dollar amounts $100.00 to One Hundred Dollars and 00/100 like when I write a Check? You might look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 -- Jim "Plumb34" <Plumb34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE4A7F72-B1BE-4AA1-95BE-630B662951A7@microsoft.com... | Hi | I do my proposal in Excel and I'm wondering if I can format a cell to | convert dollar amounts $100.00 to One Hundred Dollars and 00/100 like when I | write a Check? | |...

Text box format
Hello, today I ask my first question in this forum *flourish* Can I "paste" the format of a text box to another in a similiar way as I can do with text formats ? I only found out, that I can set a standard for new text boxes. But I need more. *g* -- Andrea Dauwen-Ritter Marketing Support Germany How about you tell us which version of Publisher you are using!!! A baptism in fire!!! "°°MS-Publisher°°" wrote: > How about you tell us which version of Publisher you are using!!! > > A baptism in fire!!! *crawling out of the smoke with brai...

VB Control Positioning in MS Word
Hello I have developed a control in VB 6 that works in MS Word. This control needs to appear next to my cursor position as I type. If I provide hard coded coordinates, I can manage the control position, but I need it to be dynamic, irrespective of the number of toolbars open in MS Word and MS Word's version. Thanks in advance for the help. Tahir ...

set focus on combo box
I have a simple form displaying records with a few simple record navigation buttons. When a user clicks 'add record' i have set it so the focus is set to a certain combo box where the user uses the pull down menu and selects whatever ID they need. Is there any way however to automatically open the pull down menu from the combo box as the focus is set to it so when a user clicks add record the focus is upon the combo box and the menu automatically opens. Thanks nathan Ciao Nathan wrote: > I have a simple form displaying records with a few simple record > navigation buttons...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

access2007 option group dotted line box around text
I have an access 2007 application with a form with a unbound option box with three option buttons and labels. When I select them sometimes the dotted box shows around 2 of the labels. The options have values 1, 2 and 3. Not sure why it is not just showing the dotted line box around the selected option? Any tips to fix it? Mark see my previous post for suggestions and resolution. I accidentally thought a deleted this one and it didn't post. Mark "Mark Andrews" <mandrewsNOSPAM@rptsoftware.com> wrote in message news:Okuv5ohaKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05....

Combo Box Values
Access 2007 How do I display a first and last name on the form from a combo box? I would like the address, city, and home phone number to fill in the appropriate fields on the form when selecting the name. You refer to the combo box's Column collection in its AfterUpdate event. Let's assume that the first name is in the second column, the last name is in the third column, the address is in the fourth column, the city is in the fifth column and the phone number is in the sixth column. You'd put their values into text boxes using code like: Private Sub cboSelecti...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Problem using Match on columns of numbers with leading zeroes formatted as text ???
In my test run, I was using a column of first names in workbook A to check and flag their presence in workbook B, The code given to me by Marcus here worked fine. No problem at all. .. When I switched to the real problem by replacing my columns of data with numbers with leading zeroes, the columns being already formatted as text, the program did not find Matches. .. In both workbooks columns of data, cells have an automatic Excel comment that says : "The number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe". .. What am I missing here ? Is there a spe...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Hide a text box
On sheet 3 of my workbook I have created a button (button 62) and a text box (textbox 63). What I want to do is use the button to toggle the text box on and off. By that I want to be able to show the box or hide the box. I have tried to copy code from the MS Visual Basic Help but it did not work, basically because I have no idea what I am doing. Can someone lease help? Orf Bartrop Under my Excel - 2000 I don't think you can hide a text box But I hope Im wrong it would be a good idea Steve On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 05:45:55 +0100, Orf Bartrop <orf@southcom.com.au> = wrote: > On...

Control box question
I have a form that opens when you run a query. (example: employee last name) Then when I want to look up another name I want to do it from the form instead of closing the form. So I added a control box to the form to run the query again. The problem is that it opens up a new form, so if I do multiple searches I will have a lot of open forms. So the the question is: Can I set up the control box to run the query and open it in the same form or at least close the last form when it opens a new one? If so how is this done? Thanks Eric How about placing an unbound combo box at t...

Copy and move check box (check boxes) with new cell link?
Hi, I have created a document with text, check boxes and IF formulas dependant on the TRUE or FALSE values for each of the check boxes. This was done over time and it is fairly extensive at this point and I would like to duplicate that document on the same sheet about 6 to 8 times below the original. When I copy the document and paste it below the original (text, formulas and check boxes), the references (cell link) for all of the check boxes are linked to the original document (clicking a check box in the copied document add a check mark to both the copied and original check bo...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Text Form Fields
Not sure if I have posted this in the right area, but here goes. I am more familiar with excel so working with forms in word is new to me. I have been tasked with developing a number of forms at work in Word 2003 for posting on our website. A guy who left, and is now not contactable, developed a whole range of forms before he left. He made sure the forms could be filled in online by inserting text editable fields for client use (both the 'greyed out' section and dotted lines can be seen when viewing and completing online and the dotted lines auto-delete as text is inserte...

Controlling Gap Width for BAR Chart
Hi, I have the following data for example. A = 2 B= 3 C = 4 I can create a 2 D Bar chart from this quite easily. Now If I make the data to A = 2 , 3 B= 3 , 4 C = 4 , 5 I do want to plot the data on the basis of first two values as mentioned in the first example, but I want to control the width of the Bar from the value given after comma. Please help. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Fazi <farazahmedtoor@gmail.com> said: >I have the following data for example. >A = 2 , 3 >B= 3 , 4 >C = 4 , 5 > >I want to plot the data on the basis of firs...

Problem with the default text-framework
Hi, first sorry for my bad english. I have a problem with Publisher 2003: I have a text framework on the first side of my "empty" publication provided and in accordance with this text field specified the "default attitudes for new text fields". The new text field produced by application looks also completely good at first sight, but the text framework is diffrent. There is a border and the distance between the columns a wrong. Where ist the problem? Is this a bug or is the problem at me. Many thanks Oliver ...

mapping and field length change
i created a custom entity added a custom attribute called 'test' nvarchar(100) then published. i then changed the length of the field to nvarchar(80) and published. went into relationships -> created a new relationship (many to 1) with Account, then when i tried to create a mapping i still see 'test' as being nvarchar(100) ? i tried refreshing, restarting iis, restarting the server, republished nothing seems to make a difference? the strange thing is when i go into attributes and look at the 'test' field i see it as nvarchar(80) so its changed it in the enti...

Line spacing in text boxes for web pages
For some reason, the text formatting menu in the web page project area doesn't have an option for changing the line spacing from double-spaced. I want the text on my web pages to be single spaced. In all the other projects, you can use the text formatting menu to change the line spacing but I don't see that anywhere on my web page project. Surely, web pages don't *have* to be double- spaced? They *don't* have to be anything. Have you read the HELP file? How *would* we know when *you* don't tell us what version of Publisher you are using!!! Pity you *don't* hav...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

format a formula to general (not text)
I am importing a text (.csv) file into excel and formatting it via a Macro. in one column I have to insert a formula but when I do so, the formula is showing, i.e. "=TRIM(Z4)". I have tried to format to "general" but it doesn't work unless I click inside the cell and press enter. How do I apply the "General" formatting without have to manually click inside the cell? I want to do it in my macro. Here is my code: ActiveCell.Formula = "=TRIM(Z4)" Selection.NumberFormat = "General" -- www.bardpv.com Tempe, A...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...