limit number of rows & colums in a worksheet

is there a way to limit the number of available colums & rows in a
particular worksheet.

---

David,

You can hide all the unused rows and columns, or you could set
the ScrollArea property to a specific range address.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya2hm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:davidbrowne17.ya2hm@excelforum-nospam.com...
> is there a way to limit the number of available colums & rows
in a
> particular worksheet.
>

> ---

chip1 (1821)
12/11/2003 3:03:56 PM
"davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya2hm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to limit the number of available colums & rows in a
> particular worksheet.

Please don't send multiple posts. See my answer to your previous post.

0
Paul
12/11/2003 3:09:15 PM
There are always 256 columns and 65536 rows in every worksheet. You may
select unwanted rows and hide them; you may also set the scroll area in VBE
This Workbook object:

Workbook_Open
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "A1:R10"

End Sub

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya2hm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to limit the number of available colums & rows in a
> particular worksheet.
>

> ---

twodays (259)

Safe List...it there a limit to the number of sites that your can list
Is there a numerical limit to the number of email addresses and/or domains that you can list on the "safe list"???? Safe List...it there a limit to the number of sites that your can list Do you have a lot and do you think you hit a limit? If there is one, we don't know what it is yet... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://group...

How do I determine row number of a cell containing a certain number?
I have a spreadsheet in which some of the entries in column A contain integers starting with 1 and increasing by 1 until a maximum value (never more than 50). In between, the A cells are blank, even though their rows contain data in the other columns. The number of rows between those with entries in column A is variable. For example, entries might be: A5=1, A9=2, A11=3, A17=4. So there are three blank rows between A5 and A9, one between A9 and A11, and five between A11 and A17. The problem is to determine the number of the row that has the highest number in column A. In my spreadsheet,...

CID Numbers necessary when processing Discover transactions?
How can the CID number accompany the card number while processing Discover Card transactions? Discover Card, as many may know, now charges a $.50 fee for transactions that are not paired with the CID. (according to Discover, this should be for non-swiped entries but I have heard from some clients that this is occurring for swiped transactions as well) Any assistance is greatly appreciated. We wrote an RMS Plug-in that allows you to enter address & CID/CVV2 numers at the point-of-sale. Please contact TPI Software for more informaton. Thanks, TPI Software, LLC Empowering Businesses t...

HOW TO CHANGE ROW COLOUR
I want that current row colour with its header change, when i move to nex the previous row change to default. is it possible. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200705/1 Huh? Some possibilities without a decent description of what you want to do. RowLiner Cell Highlighting Add In http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Conditional Formatting http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmtl.htm Event Macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.o...

convert columns from numbers to a lettering system
How do I convert columns that are numbered into letters ? If you are speaking of column headers then open the Excel options and uncheck "Use R1C1 referencing" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "johnmonek" <johnmonek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57480A6A-4356-43EB-BC9D-B41B486F4ABD@microsoft.com... > How do I convert columns that are numbered into letters ? ...

Move messages from Inbox after X number of days
Hi, Does anyone have an Exchange Server script that you could send me whose purpose is to check messages in the Inbox and if they are X many days old to move them to another folder under the Inbox on the Exchange server. I'm using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2003. Thanks. Dominic dominic.martin@dtrack.com <dominic.martin@dtrack.com> wrote: > Does anyone have an Exchange Server script that you could send me > whose purpose is to check messages in the Inbox and if they are X > many days old to move them to another folder under the Inbox on the > Exchange server. I'm ...

Numbering a list of calculated Rows.......Advice Please
Can anyone advise me how to number the first column of my worksheet. I want the number to automatically increment when I enter the first cell of following row. I do not want this number to be entered manually. I need to be able to delete rows randomly and for the the row numbers to automatically renumber in numerical order with no numerical gaps. For example if I have a column 1,2,3,4,5, and delete 3, I would like the column to automatically renumber as 1234 and not 1,2,4,5. I hope I have explained myself correctly. I have a copy of Excel 2002 InsideOut, but can't find a method to do ...

adding rows #2
How do I add rows without changing cell location in the formula. For example: The data for the formula is always located in cell B4 and if I add a row on top of B4, I want the formula to remain with B4. Right now, if I add a row, the cell in the formula goes down one row. Hope for help If I understand, you're adding a row higher than B4. This shifts B4 down, but you want the "new" B4 to be the data for the formula. If this is the case you could try this: =formula(OFFSET(A1,3,1,1,1)) That is, as long as you don't add a new top row. ...

Referencing a Sheet Number in a Chart
Does anyone know how to reference data by a Sheet Number rather than the Sheet Name? We have a Workbook that is updated every week. The Sheet Name changes every week (it is named by Week Ending date), but it is always Sheet5 - the 5th tab postition, the 5th Worksheet. In a Chart, I define the series data range as: ='WE_01.27.04'!$B$3:$B$9,'WE_01.27.04'!$F$3:$G$9 The worksheet the chart is on is in the same workbook as the data. The data is on Sheet5, the chart is on Sheet8. I found these references and tried variations, but couldn't get it to work: ='http://www....

How to convert numbered cells into blank
Hi I would like to know how do i convert a blank cell to a 'completely' blank cell. The blank cell is generated under the IF logic (under the " "); but though we see in as a blank cell it is not completely blank. I need it to be completely blank so I can plot the graph as non continous, rather than registering as zero. Thanks for your help in advance. Maybe this: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209 About 2/3 of the way down the page, look for Gaps in Chart Series; Blanks Chart as Zero -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful...

move row to next sheet
does anyone have code that after the value of a cell in a particular column for the active row is changed, the row is deleted and appended to another worksheet in the workbook? Sheet event code. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target.Value <> "" Then With Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp) .Offset(1, 0).EntireRow = Target.EntireRow.Value End With Target.EntireR...

Supress Scientific Numbers??
Hi ... Is there any way to get Excel to not display numbers in scientific format?? To force it to display 1.86E+08 as whatever the number really is?? Thanks, Sam Hi Sam Have a look at Format / Cells/ Number -- Michael Mitchelson "Sam" wrote: > Hi ... > > Is there any way to get Excel to not display numbers in scientific > format?? To force it to display 1.86E+08 as whatever the number really is?? > > Thanks, > > Sam > > > What "the number REALLY is"!!! if X=1.86e-3 then that is what x reallly is. The decimal sy...

HDD Serial Number.
I want to find out the HDD Serial Number in my C++ Code. There seems to be a way using the WMI. But I donot (cannot) use it. I want to know if there is some C++, C or assembly code that can help me do this. Any help/suggestions would be very helpful and highly appreciated. Anwar. You can do this with GetVolumeInformation() Fariborz "Anwar Khan" wrote: > I want to find out the HDD Serial Number in my C++ Code. > There seems to be a way using the WMI. But I donot (cannot) use it. > > I want to know if there is some C++, C or assembly code that can help me do &g...

Macro to shade row of searched cell
OK I've looked all over for this but couldn't find it anywhere. I wan to make a macro that searches for a particular value (that would b contained in a cell but not necessarily the only value in the cell) an highlight the corresponding row and not just the cell. I have a macr that searches for a value and highlights the cell containing part o the entire value but I need the entire row shaded. Here's the cel macro. Sub Finder() On Error Resume Next Dim sh As Worksheet Dim rng As Range x = InputBox("Enter Search Term", "Search") Application.ScreenUpdating = F...

Find duplicate rows and add together
Hi, I know this question is a little repetitive, but I can't find the exact answer. I have a sheet that has a list of all style numbers that we offer, how many were sold, and the dollar amount. The info is from 6 different shows, so i have duplicates. How do I recognize the duplicates and have the dollar amount and quantity added while deleting the others? EX A B C ES5666 34 $400. ES5666 26 300. ES8900 5 ...

How to get rid of 'excess' rows?
Hi all, I noticed one of my spreadsheets was a really big file (500K) for something that should have been very small. So I opened it and noticed that even though I only have data in the first 35 rows, the spreadsheet contains 9000+ rows. I imagine there is some formatting or something that is telling Excel to keep all the rows as part of my file, and I don't know how to get rid of the rows. I can't just copy and paste the data into a new spreadsheet because I have a lot of formatting in the rows/columns that I don't wish to have to recreate. Thanks! BTW: OS is Win98, Excel ve...

Number Precision
I have a long table that was extracted from oracle database with two colums of numbers that i need to sum. the problem i am facing is that whenever i resort the table i get a different sum (off by two decimal places) i thaught i had a problem with the sorting/formula location but this was not the case. it seems the problem lies in the precisionof the imported numbers.altaugh they have two decimal precision the totals are coming out with three!!! and this changes basedon the sorting order. any solution??? >>altaugh they have two decimal precision the totals are coming out with ...

Splitting a single row into multiple copies
I have a very weird situation that I'm hoping some of you might have seen (and possibly resolved). We're migrating data from one system to another and the business rules have changed. System 1 allowed a user to create a record for an item with a quantity > 1. System 2 doesn't permit a quantity > 1 for certain items. Is there a way to create multiple rows in the source table (or an intermediate table) based on a list of item types which are not allowed to have a quantity > 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joel j_racicot@hotmail.com wrote: >I have a very...

Number the Line Items on SOP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C62FEF.122F5960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I followed the procedure in=20 a.. How to Number the Line Items on a Sales Order Processing Order or = Invoice (857285 - modified: 2005-09-01) to generate the line no in SOP in GP 8.0 eventhoug the KB refered for GP = 6 and 7 But the problem i am facing is the no squence is not correct. It may = appear 1.2.3.5.7,8.9...or 2,4,6,7,8,9 it is irregular Please any one can help me to solve the problem T...

Copy & Paste A Row Using An Array in A2K
I may be a little out of my league using arrays, but having seen them used before and this my be the approach that I need to use. I'm trying to copy and paste values form all fields in a record except the key field. I plan to use a function that scans the current form for all its textboxes and checkboxes. Since the key field is a numeric field, it won't be scanned. As the function scans the form, it will give each textbox field's name and content an array index number and store the name and content into unique array "cells". This will be the copy function. The paste func...

Add multiple (2) rows to same table from one form
Is it possible to create a form in such a way that I can enter data on the form and create two rows in the same table? I'm creating a database for my school's chess club and I have a table for playerResults. I get a little slip of paper with the names of the black and white player and the result of the game. I would like to enter a record for both the players into the PlayerResults table with the number of the player, the color they were and the result. At the moment the only way I can see to do this is to create a different table with a single row that captures the number for each...

Linking a Worksheet
I have a Workbook (Workbook A) with multiple Worksheets. I want to create a separate Workbook (Workbook B) and link it to one of the worksheets in Workbook A. The goal being that any updates to the worksheet in Workbook A will automatically update Workbook B. How do I do this? Hi open both workbook A and workbook B and choose the correct sheet in each - now choose window / arrange and Ok so that you can see them on the screen at the same time. Click in workbook B where you want a piece of information from workbook A and then type an = now click in workbook A (you'll have to cl...

Saving a single worksheet
Is there a way to save a single worksheet instead of all worksheets in the workbook? For instance, I have several sheets in one workbook and want to save only one of the sheets to a floppy in drive A. I know I can move or copy to a new book and then save, but is that the only way or is there an easier way? Please help - thanks Debra, What you are doing - moving or copying to a new workbook and then saving - is the best method. Writing a macro to do that for you would be easier, but won't save you that much time/effort. HTH, Bernie Excel MVP "Debra Carner" <dcarne...

Viewing different worksheets at the same time?
I was just wondering if it's at all possible to view different worksheets from one workbook at the same time. I got to thinking about this because you can split the view so that you can view different parts of one worksheet at the same time (dragging that little bar at the end of the scroll-bars). I'm currently having to create a load of links between two sheets withing a workbook and it would be so much easier if you could have both sheets on display at once. So, is this possible? Cheers, Rob -- Rob_T ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rob_...

How to evaluate the size of each worksheet in a workbook?
I have a 30+ worksheets in a workbook that is to big.... I would like to know which one are the top memory eater, so I can concentrate my effort on these one. Thanks for your help If you want to know which one try creating the Table of Contents described in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm which will tell you how many cells are in the used area. If you want to just try to fix lastcell problems then run the macro # Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?, contextures.com, Debra Dalgleish. The basis of deletions is all columns without content, ...