limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet

is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a
worksheet ?

thanks

david

---

"davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a
> worksheet ?

No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows.
You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother?

0
Paul
12/11/2003 3:00:06 PM
Hi David,

Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module.  Adjust to suit the area.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "A1:F10"
'To restore
'Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = ""
End Sub

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a
> worksheet ?
>
> thanks
>
> david
>

> ---

lhkittle1 (70)

Credit Card Number on Receipt
Hi, I have replaced the default credit card tendering window with my own hook in. After the transaction is cleared it prints a receipt but it will not print the masked credit card number on the receipt that I have swiped on my application. HI, Make sure you are updating the correct fields data in your application, second check the TenderEntry table and verified that credit card number is saved there. you need to use the SQL Query tool from administrator program for this. If the above information is verified now check the receipt.xml file and find the credit card printing call procedur...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Total Number of Hours
I have a tracking sheet and I entered the total number of hours spent on a project and then when I want the sume the total is 6.65 instead of 7.05 for 7 hours and 5 minutes. How do I fix this? The way I entered the time is 0.35 for 35 minutes. Do I need to enter the times a different way? If you are in a place that use : as a time delimiter then you need to enter it like hh:mm 35 minutes should be entered as 0:35 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "celeste" <celeste@discussions.micros...

Office beta 2011 installer wizard in 10.5.7 shows "Wrong OS version. This software needs Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later"

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

Copy certain rows to new worksheet
Hi everyone I have 5 worksheets in my workbook. In each sheet, column A is left empty for the user to select a number from 1 through 6. This is actually for ranking the rows (1 being best, 2 second best and so on) Ranks 1 to 6 might be all on one sheet or they may all be on different sheets. I would like to have a summary that will copy these rows (1 through 6) onto a separate worksheet, done by macro or vba. Perhaps by looping through each worksheet and doing a copy?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave On Sep 15, 6:03=A0am, Dave <Dave.Bea...@lhsc.on.ca> wrote: > Hi ev...

adding numbers #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I am storing hours. So 1h or 5h, etc... Is there a way I can select a bunch of cells. and add these numbers. Even though there is "h" in the cell? thanks SUM works just as well on time, just format the result cell as [h]:mm if it might exceed 24 hours. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote in message news:OvM5oBU1IHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I have a spreadsheet where I am storing hours. > So 1h or 5h, etc... > I...

rows and columns in spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way, in Excel, that I can merge cells, rows, or columns, like I can in Numbers? Many thanks for your help. ...

Delete Row
In Excel, I need a macro that will delete an entire row based on a name entered into an input box that would match a worksheet with that name in column "A". Thanks, Bernie I hope i've understood your question. The macro below looks in the sheet entered into the input box to get the sheet name you want to delete a row in and finds that name in A1. It then deletes row 13 in the sheet with the name it finds in that cell. Sub deleterow() msg = "Which sheet has the name of the sheet you want to delete a row in" sname = InputBox(msg) If sname = "" Then ...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

sequential numbers
I simply want to sequentially number rows in a column. However, some of the rows do not contain any data so do not need to be numbered. So there is in fact a blank. It´s also possible that i´d want to add another row, and auto update the number sequence. You cannot drag the auto numbering facility across cells that you want to remain empty of course, because they will be numbered. With your data in column A,: Formula in B1 :1 In B2: =IF(A2="",B1,B1+1) Fill down. Format B2: Format>Conditional Formatting Cell Value is, Equal to, B1 (remove the $signs if you clic...

Problem using Match on columns of numbers with leading zeroes formatted as text ???
In my test run, I was using a column of first names in workbook A to check and flag their presence in workbook B, The code given to me by Marcus here worked fine. No problem at all. .. When I switched to the real problem by replacing my columns of data with numbers with leading zeroes, the columns being already formatted as text, the program did not find Matches. .. In both workbooks columns of data, cells have an automatic Excel comment that says : "The number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe". .. What am I missing here ? Is there a spe...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

550 5.7.1 Error
Hi We run Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. We have just started getting an NDR when we send to a company in the States. This was working last week for definite, now it isn't. The NDR reports: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <Our ExchangeServer#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <Recipient email address>... Relaying denied> I have turned on Message Tracking and Diagnostic Logging for the MSExchangeTransport, and when doing so I get the following entries on the App Event Log (This is the order they appear in the log): ...

Counting 'up' rows instead of down
I have a series of rows that show W's (wins) and L's (Losses) from baseball tournaments. Example: W W L L W W W L W W L What formula can I use to count from the bottom up, counting only the most recent W's near the bottom, ending the count at the first L to show the most recent winning streak (in this case, it would show "2"). Thanks! Are you wanting a formula to be copied down, or a single formula? Copy-down style: In B2: =IF(A2="W",B1+1,0) Single formula: Start with above style, and we will then hide that column. Single out...

Can't import JPG in Word or Powerpoint, windows 7
Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't import any of my jpgs. Any ideas??? Cortneyc If it was me, I'd re-install ms word and ms powerpoint (ms office?) cheers TAJ Simmons Powerpoint Wizard awesome graphics for powerpoint http://www.PresentationPictures.com powerpoint pictures, tutorials, free samples... "cortneyc" <cortneyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:743A157B-29FA-4AD9-BB0B-6A2CEE78B7B8@microsoft.com... > Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't > impor...

Macro to insert rows based on user selection
I have a macro that allows a user to insert one or more rows based on a user input box. This allows me to control which formulae get copied into the new cells. The macro works fine UNLESS the user scrolls around the screen before making their selection. How can I resolve this? This is the key part of the script. Thanks, Mike Sub Row_Insertion() ' ' This macro inserts a user-specified number of rows ' and ensures that the relevant formulae are copied ' into the new rows. Range("I3").Select ' Makes I3 the active cell and Set rn...

GENERATE RANDOM NUMBERS BUT EXCLUDE A NUMBER IN THE SEQUENCE
I NEED TO GENERATE A RANDOM NUMBER BETWEEN 1-9 BUT NEED TO EXCLUDE WHATEVER IS IN THE CELL ABOVE IT. IF THE CELL ABOVE IT SAYS 8. I NEED TO GENERATE 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,OR 9. IM STUMPED? > I NEED TO GENERATE A RANDOM NUMBER BETWEEN 1-9 BUT NEED TO EXCLUDE > WHATEVER IS IN THE CELL ABOVE IT. IF THE CELL ABOVE IT SAYS 8. I NEED > TO GENERATE 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,OR 9. IM STUMPED? On way: In A2:A100, put =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) In B1, put =RANDBETWEEN(1,9) In B2, put =A2+(A2>=B1) and copy down to B100 Use the values in column B. I might of explained it wrong. I want to use random(1,9) but...

Insert Row and Formula
I tried really hard to find this myself, but failed. I have a worksheet containing 5 separate blocks of data (own headings, column titles, etc); some of the cells contain formula. I want a macro that wll insert a row when a block is filled ( in column "H" actually), copying the formula as well. This needs to work on all the blocks when the same condition is met. Can anyone help me? Many thanks David You should try turning on the "LIST" feature for each of your datasets. Put your cursor in the data and press CTRL-L to activate the "List"...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

How do I precisely set the height of rows in a table?
Having imported a table from Excel and resized it to fit the page, the row heights are now uneven - I want each row to be 1cm high. When trying to drag each row boundary to make the row 1cm high, the permitted increments seem to be uneven too and will not allow me to do what I want. Suggestions please! Publisher doesn't have exact cell measurement options. You can create guides and position the rows. Right-click a guide, click format ruler guides. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Steve" <Steve@dis...

Finding the number of records in a query
Hi there! I want to restrict my users from running a query if there are records in a second query. The second query has 2 parameters based on forms, [Forms]![frmInvBusNums]![InventoryNum] and [Forms]![frmInvBusNums]![BusUnit] The code I'm trying to run, which is totally wrong looks something like this: Dim db As DAO.Database ' Dim rst As DAO.Recordset ' ' Set db = CurrentDb ' ' ' set rst=db.QueryDefs "Discrepancy_Report" ' If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then ' MsgBox "There are conflicts" ' Exit Sub ' ...

Convert Number to Word in Receipt
Hi all, How can i convert Transaction amount to Words in receipt XML file. Is any function like CurrencyToString there..? thanks in advance, CP.Dinesh VbCurrencyWords, this is one of the values of attribute 'type' of the SET element. Rob "C.P.Dinesh" wrote: > Hi all, > > How can i convert Transaction amount to Words in receipt XML file. > Is any function like CurrencyToString there..? > > thanks in advance, > > CP.Dinesh > > Thanks Rob. "Rob" wrote: > VbCurrencyWords, this is one of the values of attribute 'ty...

Global Column Row Preview Font Size