League table #3

I'm trying to put a football league table together, which i'd like to include: the team, matches played, won, drawn, lossed, goals for, goals against, goal difference and points. i've pretty much done most of it but my main two problems are when there's no score entered for each match it enters in the table as a draw and my other issue is once a score is entered i can't get the teams to move up and down the league automatically. is there a way to lock the formulas for each team when they move up and down

Please help my email is

Regard

smurfsix (2)

Hi S,

A couple of general observations:

On the first point, for any particular pairing they have either played or
they haven't.
So your formula should be test first to see if they haven't = Blank cell!
If this is not the
case then do a calculation win, draw, loss for each club.

The second point,  you need some kind of trigger to run a simple VBA
procedure to recalculate the
formulas and then to sort the LeagueTable range (sorting on Points and
GoalDiff cols).  Assuming you
have the table on one sheet and scores on another, my inclination would be
to use the Activate Event (for the table sheet)
to fire off this bit of code.  So once you selected the sheet again, after
adding new results to the other,
it would automatically reorder the list/table.  Make sure you construct you
formulas so that they always
reference the team in the first column  - before and after sorting.

Regards

Paul

"S" <smurfsix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to put a football league table together, which i'd like to
include: the team, matches played, won, drawn, lossed, goals for, goals
against, goal difference and points. i've pretty much done most of it but my
main two problems are when there's no score entered for each match it enters
in the table as a draw and my other issue is once a score is entered i can't
get the teams to move up and down the league automatically. is there a way
to lock the formulas for each team when they move up and down?

> Please help my email is
>
> Regards

paulw2k (44)
5/7/2004 1:09:23 PM
What formulas would you suggest?
0
anonymous (74717)

Copies of Table with Arrow Icons
I have a table called Quotes2004. Somewhere along the line two additional tables appeared called Quotes20041 and Quotes20042, each with an arrow icon next to them. I understand that the arrow indicates a link. But, I don't recall making these table copies. Can some process make the copies automatically? As far as I can tell, they are exact copies of Quotes2004 and they are updated when I update Quotes2004. How can I determine how these were created, what the links are and if they are really necessary? To discover what a table is linked to, open it in design view. Then open the Prope...

Pivot tables #43
Example data Product Date Volume Value Product A 25/11/05 10 200 Product B 25/11/05 15 240 Product C 25/11/05 12 130 Product A 25/11/05 18 260 Product A 26/11/05 12 130 Product B 26/11/05 19 240 I want a pivot table that looks like this: I have to do 2 separate pivot tables and merge then together. Product A Product A Product B Product B Product C Product C Date Volume Value Volume Value Volume Value 25/11/05 28 460 15 240 12 130 26/11/05 12 130 19 240 I want to the pivot table to show, so that Volume and Value for each PRODUCT are in COL...

Can I setup a league table that automatically updates itself?
Hi. I'm using Excel 97' and I'd like to know if I can setup a league table that automatically updates itself with results from football [or any other kind of] matches which I can just list seperately to the main table. I'm sure I remember doing this in ancient times on Lotus 1-2-3, but I can't see any way of doing this in Excel, although there must be some way of doing it... Shane. ...

How to retrieve values from a lookup table
I want to default the OwnerID of a Case based on the OwnerID of the selected Customer. I know how to retrieve the typename, name and GUID from a LookUp object (in this case the CustomerID) but how can I retrieve associated values from the related table? Hi, You need to write a webservice to fetch the owner of the customer and than use that webservice withs JScript in onLoad of the case to set the owner of the case. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Agile CRM...

Keeping Column Widths the same in a pivot table when pages increase
I've created a pivot table and because of the length of the characters in the page, the column width keeps changing. How do I keep the column width the same? Set the pivot table to preserve formatting: On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting', click OK Remove the check mark from AutoFormat Table Click OK cailotto@sbcglobal.net wrote: > I've created a pivot table and because of the length of the characters > in the page, the column width keeps changing. How do I keep the column > width the s...

Static Chart using Pivot Table and other data
Using Excel 2000, I am trying to create a Static Chart where the source data is a pivot table and data from a couple of adjacent columns. In the past I have been able to do this. My latest chart is automatically creating a Pivot Chart without the adjacent data. How do I prevent this automation? There are instructions on Jon Peltier's site, for creating a normal chart from PivotTable data: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm Will wrote: > Using Excel 2000, I am trying to create a Static Chart where the source data is a pivot table and data from a couple of adjacent...

calculated field in a pivot table?
Can we use the "if" function in a calculated field of a pivot table? Looks ok, try this thread: http://tinyurl.com/bp64n -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "baabaa" <baabaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5657F28E-ADFC-410B-AD47-39A334240618@microsoft.com... > Can we use the "if" function in a calculated field of a pivot table? ...

Table addressing
I have a table in Sheet1 containing various specs for a list of products: Sheet1: A B C D E 1 Product Name Price Weight Rating Source 2 Product A $4.55 1.00 kg 47 Company X 3 Product B $10.20 3.50 kg 87 Company Y 4 Product C $8.10 2.25 kg 61 Company Z On another sheet, I would like to use this information and I would like to refer to it symbolically by product name and field. For example, the other sheet might look like this: Sheet2: A B C D ...

Intelligent Message Filter #3
Hello, I recently installed IMF on my front-end server, but it doesn't appear to be working correctly. I've enabled it on the SMTP virtual server and have set both the gateway blocking and junk e-mail config to an SCL level of 5, (and rebooted) with suspect e-mail to be archived. We run mostly Outlook 2000 clients for now, with some Outlook 2002 and 2003 clients. What I don't see is 1)the 'archived' folder in the default location of program files\exchsrvr\mailroot\vsi 1\'archive' or 2)any activity whatsoever on any of the performance counters for IMF. Any advice w...

Manual sort in a pivot chart/pivot table
My goal is to change the order of 4 row lablels. They are all text, and I have to choose the order (not alphabetical). I got as far as clicking on the arrow next to Row Label on the table, going to More Sort Options and then choosing Manual Sort. HOWEVER, where/when do I grab the labels to "drag" them to the right order? I have tried clicking on the table itself and clicking on the chart but there is no dragging happening. I can't find any detailed info on Manual Sort in the Help box, and so I'm stuck. Thanks in advance! You can click on the cell containing label an...

Pivot Table Error: Cannot group that selection
Hello I'm trying to group invoice dates in a pivot table by month and year. Too bad there is no "reason" button? heheh Any suggestions are greatly appreciated Sherron You'll see that message if there are text entries or blank cells in the column of dates. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I'm trying to group invoice dates in a pivot table by > month and year. Too bad there is no "reason" button? heheh -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thankyou... but I've checked that all d...

Grouping in Pivot Tables #2
Issue 1: I have a table which has Job Number on the left, with inner division by Revenue/Cost Group, then individual Cost or revenue codes. Along the top are year and month columns. I have manually selected which cost or revenue codes to include in "Revenue" group and "Cost" group by highlighting etc and it all looks OK at the moment. There are about 60-70 cost/revenue codes so this is a bit of a pain. The cost/revenue codes are alphanumeric and are not consecutive in our chart of accounts. Codes are usually of the format LNNNLLL. Individual jobs use a subsection of the...

Pivot Table

Solve Order of a CalculatedField in a Pivot Table
Does anyone know how to get the Solve Order of a CalculatedField in a pivot table. I know how to get the Solve Order of a CalculatedItem but can't seem to get the CalculatedField!!! An example of getting the Solve Order of a CalculatedItem is... ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFormulas(1).Index Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sincerely, Gary Brown gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com ...

Add Data To Pivot Table
I made a report, requested by our sales reps, that included sales figures for various customers and territories over the last few years, showing month to month totals per rep. But ... How can I update the report on a monthly basis now? Instead of having to go back and run the whole report over again each month, I mean. I just want to be able to add in the next month's totals to the figures already in the previous report, but I see no way to 'undo' the previous setup to add in the new stuff, or merely combine the new figures with the old. What am I missing? Any help ap...

Adding columns to item table
Are there any incompatibility issues I would need to worry about in adding additional columns to tables in the database? I'm already using most of the available fields in the item table and I would like a place to store each items ASIN assigned from amazon. I don't need to be able to read or write this in either the POS or the Manager, I just need to be able to access it through SQL queries. I would like to know the same thing. Has anybody done that without problems? <tfitts@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ce05743c-7ca2-49cc-89da-815d91c77e4d@1g2000prd.googlegroups.com......

I need to track stats for my pool league.
I am the new treasurer and statustician for a billiards pool league and I have to make up all of the programs myself. I haven't a clue as to how to do this the easiest way. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. "Jody" <jojos_sporty@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5A1DB5C4-598F-4FAD-9395-F98957BD8B93@microsoft.com... >I am the new treasurer and statustician for a billiards pool league and I > have to make up all of the programs myself. I haven't a clue as to how to > do > this the easiest way. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. > Then ...

Outlook 2003 Crashes
Event Type: Informatio Event Source: Microsoft Office 1 Event Category: Non Event ID: 100 Date: 5/13/200 Time: 11:44:15 A User: N/ Computer: WRKST Description Bucket 99179544, bucket table 1, faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.0.2195.6899, stamp 4060ef9b, debug? 0, fault address 0x0004c8e1. Data 0000: 42 00 75 00 63 00 6b 00 B.u.c.k 0008: 65 00 74 00 3a 00 20 00 e.t.:. 0010: 39 00 39 00 31 00 37 00 9.9.1.7 0018: 39 00 35 00 34 00 34 00 9.5.4.4 0020: 0d 00 0a 00 42 00 75 00 ....B.u 0028: 63 00 6b 00 65 00 74 ...

indexing in a table
Hi, Can anyone confirm (or deny) that when indexing in a table is set to 'Yes - No Duplicates' and then you try and append data from a sorted query into that table, DOES THE TABLE ALWAYS ACCEPT THE FIRST ROW (as sorted by the query) or is it more random than that. thanks S On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:19:01 -0800, sdg8481 <sdg8481@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: SQL is not random. In fact it is firmly rooted in mathematical set theory, and all its operations are 100% predictable. If you meant to ask "I have another table that has data that would violate t...

Linked Table Manager
How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager Rob "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:ut$CAVvsHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? > ...

Building a query from three tables with differing infomation
Hi - Not too sure if this is possible, or if i'm being a dillweed! And please bear with me - it may seem a long explanation but it does get there in the end! I have an CSV file that has to be imported every day, with the following fields DATE, Client, Client Name, M/House No., Mailing House, Notified Bags, Notified Items, Receipted Bags, Receipted Items, Outstanding Bags, Outstanding Items. This file is normally around 15000 rows I then have to remove the Notified Bags and Items and the Outstanding Bags and Items, sort this by Receipted Bags, Remove all zero entries -...

Problem copying pivot table
Trying again: I created a Pivot Table in an Excel file sent to me by a co-worker. She sends a updated file each month with the same layout, and I use the Move/Copy Sheet function to add my Pivot Table to the new file. The problem is, the table still points to the consolidation ranges in the file I copied from. So, I must manually redefine all the page fields to point to the current file. I need to automate this. Can someone help me? Thanks! LJ if i am making sense of what you're saying---try doing it the opposite way--instead of copying your pivot table to the new data.....

How do I search an entire table for a given values?
Hi, I have around 13 columns in a table and building a front end where user enters a value in a text box and hit submit and the SQL query should return all the rows that matched columns with the value entered by the user. Can some one please help me with how to come up with a sql please. Actullay I need to write this in Oracle 10g but I am trying it to work in SQL server and hopefully it works the same in Oracle too. I do not have the much data in Oracle on the test box so trying to get it working in on my sql box. The below simple sql seems working OK but want to know if it ...

Football League Table
Does anyone have any ideas of how I could create a football (soccer) league standing that is automatically updated every time new scores are entered? Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Look for posts by Bob Phillips in www.google.com I believe he has created one for the Premier league (since you say football before soccer I assume you are from the British Isles) I know he has emailed an example to other posters upon request, can't guarantee anything of course.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "12345" <12345.yn5sa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in ...

cell comments in a vlookup table
i have information in a vlookup table that i only want to veiw when required.It cannot be done with cell coments as these do not come over within a lookup table.I thought of another column within the lookup table,but these are always visible, and i am running this program on a P.D.A and space is at a premium. ...