launching xls in web browser

I am trying to launch two instances of the same xls file from a browser.  The
first one launches successfully in a new browser window.  The second one also
launches successfully.  However, the first browser window becomes blank after
the second report launches.  When I close the first browser window the second
window becomes blank as well.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
0
Anon7166 (51)

Web Services should be able to use prospects with quotes
I created an application using the Web Services with the .NET Toolkit to update existing SOP quotes. My application was working fine until we started trying to use it on quotes with prospects instead of customers. Then I started getting errors. I talked with GP support and unfortunately this is due to a limitation in eConnect (which Web Services uses behind the scenes). eConnect will only allow you to create and update SOP transactions for Customers. It doesn't support quote creation/update for Prospects. Since this is a limitation directly in the underlying business logic, there...

slow launch
My work laptop is becoming almost unbearable lately. After logon the wallpaper appears immediately but the Taskbar and Desktop icons take fully three minutes before they even appear! Add another two or more minutes for the disk activity to slow down and it can take me at least five minutes after logon to be able to open any application. During this time the disk activity LED is essentially solid on, so something is happening in the background. After everything stops the laptop acts normally and is not slow during use. There is one application, FreeCommander, that once launched ta...

web performance metrics chart help
I have conducted performance testing and need help in how to make this data easy to read. I am trying to show in a chart the response times of the web and the performance of the DB's. I think my problem is that I do no thave a 1:1 relationship with my data. For example, I have like 30 cells of web response times. But I only have 4 8 rows of DB data. I also have 2 different types of data, meaning the reposne times are in seconds and the DB performance is in %. I have attached a spreadsheet as an example. If anyone can provide any help it would be greatly appreciated. +-------------...

MFC to launch MsDev
I am running MsDev 7.1 I would like to from a MFC project use automation to launch MsDev then load a text file etc... The problem is that when I use the 'Add Class' and select 'MFC Class from Typelib' and then choose 'Microsoft Development Environment 7.0' type library I cannot determine what interface to generate the class for. There is no _Application interface or similar like there is for each of the Office applications. MSDN documentation regarding MsDev automation has not been updated (shame!), and I am at a loss. Ideas? - Marty ...

How do I View & print or convert to PDF xls files without excel.
How can I View & Print or convert to PDF an xls file without Excel on a Windows 98 computer. download the free Excel viewer from Microsoft, found at this link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&DisplayLang=en "GLA" wrote: > How can I View & Print or convert to PDF an xls file without Excel on a > Windows 98 computer. ...

double launch at IE launch from quick launch
When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch. Most of the time I launch from the quick start bar. It happens also from the standard desktop icon also. ??? If you're looking for help here, the first piece of information we need is what version of Internet Explorer you are using and what version of Windows you are using (including the service pack number.) Next, keeping in mind that we are totally relying on your description, you need to explain exactly what a "double launch" means and why it happens only sometimes, along with any other detai...

Launching report from Switchboard launches Fax Wizard?
Hello, I have a command button on the switchboard with the following code to launch a report: Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewNormal End Sub The report is based on a query that has the following code: SELECT t.gamenum, t.gamedate, O.teamname, t.atbats, t.hits, IIf(t.atbats<>0,t.hits/t.atbats,0) AS BA, t.runs, t.doubles, t.triples, t.homeruns, t.rbi, t.walks, t.strikeouts, t.LOB, t.sb, t.errors FROM tGameStats AS t LEFT JOIN tOpponentTeam AS O ON t.teamopponent = O.teamnumber WHERE (((t.gamenum)>=DMax("gamenum"...

How to browse folder and open xls file automatically in vba?
Hi, My Task now is to create excel macro that can: 1) User browse folder 2) Click folder--open then 3) Macro will automatically open all Excel file one by one 4) After open --- collect certain data 5) Close file Anyone pls help for the VBA code. Thanks Sub Main() Dim fd As FileDialog Dim SelectedItem As Variant Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker) With fd .AllowMultiSelect = True If .Show = -1 Then For Each SelectedItem In .SelectedItems Workbooks.Open (SelectedItem) '...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Web Resources: Data (XML) and Style Sheet (XSL)
As I began to dig into the wonderful world of Web Resources in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, I found some great examples of Silverlight, HTML, and JScript Web Resources but the examples which seem to be the most elusive are those dedicated to the use of XSL and XML. That is until today! In this post, I am going to create a very basic example. In this example I have a static XML document which I want to display in a dashboard. The XML document uses a simple XSL style sheet to format my XML data. Finally, I include an HTML Web Resource which consumes both the XML and XSL Web Resources. Seem...

Element 'ElephantTreeView' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site, or the web.config file is missing. Options
Trying to implement a tree control that I cound on the internet. "I believe" that I'm doing the right thing but I'm currently getting the following Error: Element 'ElephantTreeView' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site, or the web.config file is missing. Can someone please point it out what I might be doing wrong. Thanks ************************************** ****Control on .Master Page***** ************************************** <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Hei...

Launching IE from my application
I want to launch from ny win32 application Internet Explorer with a certain page in my website. Is it possible to that with a shell command (without using win32 api but a dos-like command)? Thanks in advance Victor I have no idea what a "dos-like command" is. What is wrong with ShellExecute? (Note: if you are trying to launch a command shell, ShellExecute is a good way to launch it, as well as CreateProcess, which is what ShellExecute uses, and is, oh dear, another Win32 API. Oh yes, ShellExecute always does the RIGHT thing, by launching the user's selected browser). Or you ...

Installed XP SP2
Originally I installed this under windows 2000 when I was installed Office XP Developer. I upgraded to XP and Outlook Express was my default mail handler. I made Outlook my default and all was working until I installed SP2. Express still will go to a clicked link in an email normally, but Outlook prompts for the location of a weblink browser. I tried to point it to what appeared to be the browser (msimn.exe) mentioned in an article on the issue (I didn't stop to realize that msimn.exe is "Outlook Express") so of course when I click on a link in outlook I just open e...

Excel on the Web #2
Is there a way to put an Excel spreadsheet on my website and allow others to actually input data into that sheet? If so, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks Dave I have uploaded Excel spreadsheets into my webspace, but if anything changes, I need to upload it again. I'm sure there's something more elegant than this, but I'm not really a web person. "DeeArgJay" <DeeArgJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:113492DF-C4D0-4509-B89D-134F7BC54C01@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to put an Excel spreadsheet on my website and ...

How do I type in a web-link?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When signing an email, sometimes I want to add my website address as a clickable weblink. I thought that i used to do this by simply typing the address and hitting return, this doesn't seem to work, though. What should I do? It works in Word, but not in Entourage. Links become clickable if the message is viewed by the recipient, but it does not show up as such in the Compose window. If you type your message and hit the Send Later button, you will find the message, complete with clickable hyperlinks, in your outbox. ...

Locate Link Browser #7
I am using Windows 2000 Pro. as the OS on this computer and I have Office 2003 installed. Both products are fully updated. Several days ago I started seeing this strange behavior when I clicked on an embedded email link. When I clicked the link a small Windows Explorer box popped up with "Locate Link Browser" in the title bar. I found a Microsoft support article that gave a fix for the problem so I followed the instructions and sure enough it seemed to fix the problem. Then I suddenly was unable to open any Outlook links until I got a fix from Diane Poremsky on this forum. Aft...

Web Status Page
I need to remotely modify the path of the HTML Web Status page on the POS screen. I was planning on sending an SQL command worksheet to our stores but am unable to find its location. This path is set in Store Op's Administrator in Configuration/Register/Web Status. Is this path stored in the database somewhere? I have looked but cannot find it :-( Thanks in Advance, Craig Alderson National Technology Manager CTC Pty Ltd 487 Parramatta Road Leichhardt NSW 2040 Ph: 61 2 9560 8122 Fax: 61 2 9560 8133 Mob: 61 407 321 600 Craig.Alderson@ctcgroup.com.au www.ctcgroup.com.au ...

Weblink launch from Ootlook 2003 hangs
WinXP SP3 Outlook 2003, popmail IE7 Whenever I click a weblink (launch) from within outlook mail message AND IE explorer is not already open, I get 2 windows. Window 1 is the home page -> OK. Windows 2 is the URL of the weblink. This window 2 stays blank and "in process". What can I do to fix this? If IE is already open, the windows 2 functions and opens the URL. Thx -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Did you try resetting web settings in IE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outloo...

Sychronizing outlook web access with outlook 2002
My employer uses microsoft outlook web access (the older version; not the 2003 version) to provide remote access to work outlook data stored on my work computer. I would like to synchronize the calender and contact information in outlook web access with my home computer's outlook 2002, so that when I synch my home computer and my pocket PC I will synch the outlook data that is in the outlook web access system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Do you only use OWA? You need to use Outlook can copy the items to a pst and bring it home. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Ou...

Secret WEB CAMS at HOTELS & LODGES
HAI.......... Guys this web site s very useful to you........... How This site helps.......... how to earn money form online...... In this site, you wil earn more than 10000/- Rs per month.... its true ....... just login this site and << EARN MONEY >> www.freeonlinedollers.blogspot.com www.freedollers.blogspot.com www.moviesgossips.blogspot.com ...

Launch
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Recently reinstalled Panther and then Tiger on my iBook. I reinstalled Office v X and now I cannot open WORD, Powerpoint or Excel from the icons in the Office folder or from the icons in the dock? Am I missing something? I believe you're going to need the Office X 10.1.9 updater: <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C -9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en> Then Repair Disk Permissions & restart. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/16/08 4:00 PM, in artic...

How do I view notes on the Web
I need to make my ppt shows available to a lot of people, so I'm uploading them to my website, is it possible for me to have not only the slides show up but the notes as well? I would like to do it all through ppt but if I need a third party program to convert everything I'm willing to use it. Thank you so much for your help! In article <4d4d868c-bf50-4afa-b6cd- 015690bb0319@o16g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, Marjorie wrote: > I need to make my ppt shows available to a lot of people, so I'm > uploading them to my website, is it possible for me to have not only >...

unable to process the web request
Hi, I am trying to write a callout for sharing an entity to other users.in that while giving the access its showing the following error. Unable to process the web request".i am unable to find out the cause.io have given all type of permissions. even though i am getting the same error.can anybody help regarding this.. this was the code .. i am getting error at the last line i.e. GrantAccessResponse granted =(GrantAccessResponse)service.Execute(grant);CrmService service = new CrmService(); // Instantiate a System.Net.CredentialCache object. System.Net.CredentialCache credentia...

Hyperlinks not showing up after mail merge launched from Word
I have a Word document with a URL in it. When I do a mail merge and send thru Outlook my URL is not coming up as a hyperlink to the recipient. It is showing in my document however. Any suggestions? Thanks much! ...

Match 10 xls files
Hello, I created 10 xls files with exact the same fields. Field B2 is filled in xls sheet 2 Field B3 in sfilled in on xls sheet 3 B4 on sheet 4 .... I want to match all the xls files to 1 so that in 1 file everthing is filled in. (The 10 xls files are distributed to 10 different persons for the count of our stock in our company and then we will import the xls inot our database) How can I do this ? Thanks in advance ! Tom ...

Open a .xls in micrsoft works sreadsheet
I have sent a friend some .xls files but she does not have excel, is it possible for them to be opened and saved in a Microsoft works spreadsheet? That program can import some of what is in an Excel file. Your friend can edit, and save as an Excel file. It would make more sense, though to save from Excel into the correct format for your friend's version of Works. That way you can see what your friend will see before you send the files. (at the bottom of your save as dialog: "Save as type:") "Claire" wrote: > I have sent a friend some .xls files but she d...