landscape printing.

When I print to a HP Laserjet 4100 printer in landscape it works but then I
try to do it from Microsoft Word and I only get portrait.  I've tried using
all of the drivers including PCL6, PCL5e, PS and keep getting the document
printed in portrait when I clearly have selected landscape.  Like I mentioned
earlier it does print landscape with Wordpad but not any Office products.  I
have also tried the Service Packs for Office but no luck.
0
Knadn416 (1)

This is a bit of a long shot, but try looking at the printer settings,
probably File - Print - Options.  Normally changing portrait/landscape
changes the setting for the document (as seen in File - Print preview), but
might not be doing so in your case.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Knadn416" <Knadn416@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I print to a HP Laserjet 4100 printer in landscape it works but then
> try to do it from Microsoft Word and I only get portrait.  I've tried
> using
> all of the drivers including PCL6, PCL5e, PS and keep getting the document
> printed in portrait when I clearly have selected landscape.  Like I
> mentioned
> earlier it does print landscape with Wordpad but not any Office products.
> have also tried the Service Packs for Office but no luck.

0
nothanks4548 (968)

Printing problems
I have created a Workbook with 104 worksheets (each worksheet is one page in size). I want to print the entire Workbook on my duplex laser printer, so that I end up with 52 double sided printed sheets. I have not had any luck, I select Duplex printing on my print driver but excel seems to print each individual worksheet as a separate document. Does anyone have an idea how I can get around this? I need to get this project printed. You can group all the worksheets and then issue one print command. Try it with three sheets first of all - with your first sheet tab selected, hold the CTRL ...

printing with Publisher
I am trying to print a small publication on an 8.5X11 piece of paper to a laserjet 2600n printer. This file has printed before with no problems at all. Now Publisher (2003) tells me it cannot print the file. When pressing F1 the message indicates that the file is too complex. Even if I strip it to a single element, I contunue getting that message. What is the problem? There is a driver on the HP web site with a June 2005 timestamp, maybe newer than yours. Big downloads... Also some firmware. Publisher is noted for being critical about printer drivers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://o...

Printing discontiguous ranges
Is it possible to print nonadjacent cells on the same sheet of paper without having to copy and paste them onto separate spreadsheet? Selecting two areas, changing to Print-->Selection doesn't work--even if I set the Fit To option to 1x1. Try this(also on a other sheet) http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "tjtjjtjt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DAD98D0-AE32-4064-BD97-A1FE55CB7B7A@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to print nonadjacent cells on th...

Does not Print All

LANDSCAPE
I have 12 pages as normal, 1 of those pages it would be easier to work on if it were landscape. Is this possible, and how? thanks Publisher 2003 "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:vpAtl.75773$Ii4.48968@newsfe19.ams2... > I have 12 pages as normal, 1 of those pages it would be easier to work on > if it were landscape. > Is this possible, and how? > > thanks > > > Publisher 2003 > Two files, one portrait and one landscape orientation. AFAIK you can't have pages with two different orientations in Publisher. OK t...

Replace non-printing characters.
I have output some data from a large non-Excel database as a CSV file. I can import it into Excel just fine but some of the cells include, as well as text, a few characters that appear as as small square boxes - presumably special characters of some form. I wish to replace these. I have tried Find using Alt 010 and Alt 013 but they don't seem to be CR or LF. How can I determine what characters these are? I could, of course, just write a macro to replace all non-alphabetic etc characters. But I wish to describe to a public audience how to do the task themselves and can...

landscape printing.
When I print to a HP Laserjet 4100 printer in landscape it works but then I try to do it from Microsoft Word and I only get portrait. I've tried using all of the drivers including PCL6, PCL5e, PS and keep getting the document printed in portrait when I clearly have selected landscape. Like I mentioned earlier it does print landscape with Wordpad but not any Office products. I have also tried the Service Packs for Office but no luck. This is a bit of a long shot, but try looking at the printer settings, probably File - Print - Options. Normally changing portrait/landscape change...

PRINTING AGONY
I copied and pasted a WORD document into Excel. Formatted the document as well. When i print, the document prints out very small. The document does not fit the page at all. Help!!!! What do I need to do? Maybe you could just embed the word document into excel. Insert|Object|Create from file tab Then when you want to print the word part, just double click on that embedded icon and print from there. cynjor312 wrote: > > I copied and pasted a WORD document into Excel. Formatted the document as > well. When i print, the document prints out very small. The document does not > fit...

Printing Item Line Comment
Is it possible to print an item line comment on a work order? When I go to print my work order the item line comment disappears. Is this feature purely for on-screen viewing? Work orders are just like sales transactions. There is a Knowledge Base article that shows how to make item details visible. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Lee Purves wrote: > Is it possible to ...

printing publisher file
I am having trouble printing a file conversion from publisher to adobe. The page printed will only print the top 30% or so. The print range selection of either "all" or "current view" doesent seem to change the outcome. thanks for the assistance. Assuming you mean that you are converting a Publisher file to a .pdf file, which program are yoiu using to do the converting? -- -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "carman3758" <carman3758@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Excel charts will not go back to Landscape when selected
When I am on a chart sheet and change orientation from landscape to portrait, I cannot recover the landscape orientation. I've tried creating new charts, which originate in Landscape...same trouble...once the orientation is in Portrait, the Landscape orientation will not recover. Any ideas? -- Please, please consider buying GM vehicles; world class quality...really! Recovery: Changed default printer away from a Ricoh product. Why would the print driver influence ability to change View Orientation? I was not attempting to print anything. -- Please, please consider buyi...

Cannot print both-sided by selecting multiple worksheets
Any batch or 3rd-party program can fix this problem?? When printing multiple worksheets, it print one sheet as one file... I must select "page from X to X" to resolve this problem every-time. It's really trouble to do this, and as I remember it works before upgrade XP SP3. ...

Grid lines not printing
I've got a weird one here--one of the people I support has an issue where a spreadsheet they are trying to print always prints without gridlines. THe gridlines show up in print preview, and print fine from other machines. I can't find anything in the Excel options menu that seems to apply. Any ideas? Pat wrote > I've got a weird one here--one of the people I support has > an issue where a spreadsheet they are trying to print > always prints without gridlines. THe gridlines show up in > print preview, and print fine from other machines. I > can't f...

SOP Printing
I have just installed a default system, GP8 and SP2 using the sample company. When trying to print an SOP order I am getting an error saying Wrong number of arguments to 'SOP_DP_Run_Reports'. No customised reports are being used. Only the default sample data. I can't find anything on the knowledge base on this. Has anyone else seen it and fixed it? Hi Have you done Perform special upgrade within DynUtils? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com "Hitesh Varsani" <hitesh.varsani@daxten.com> wrote in message news:OZpeNmAnFHA.420...

Print out certain forms automatically
Hello everyone, I am designing a spreadsheet for my company, an insurance brokerage, to be used as a quote sheet. When we send out quotes, we attach certain forms (out of about 50 total) to the back of the quote, which reflect the limits of the coverage and things of that nature. Right now, we pull (by hand) each of the required forms for each account and attach each one physically, and it is very time consuming. Can I set up a list in this Excel spreadsheet with check boxes that will allow us to select the ones printed with the quote? Will this require putting every form into the Excel f...

How do i not print empy dropdown lists
I have a letter from which i can vary the content by changing my selections from drop down lists. Not all drop down lists are necessarily used, yet they still will print in the final document "Choose an Item". How do i stop word 2007 from printing non-selected drop down lists so they are invisible in the final letter. Mangu68 wrote: > I have a letter from which i can vary the content by changing my > selections from drop down lists. Not all drop down lists are > necessarily used, yet they still will print in the final document > "Choose an Item"...

PRINTING EXTRA BLANK PAGES
XP/2003 I have a document set up as a 12-page booklet, 11x8.5/landscape format. So I expect it to print as three 11x8.5 sheets of paper, print on both sides, which, when folded, results in a 12-page booklet with three blank pages at the end. When I view the document in print preview, this is exactly what I see. In normal view, when I look at the little map of the pages at the bottom of the screen in normal view that one uses to navigate to any page in the document, it indicates there are 12 pages and the last three are blank. However, when I print the document, it prints SIX letter...

Recognizing when a Print Preview window closes
hello gurus I have a loop that has a statement: DoCmd.OpenReport strDocName, acViewPreview The report (it is called rptAreaSummary) appears as expected in its own window. I want code to stop execution in the loop until the current report preview window is closed. Then the loop should continue executing. How can this be done? thanks for any advice Becky "Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3907028-64CE-40C2-98D9-83A1726C550C@microsoft.com... > hello gurus > I have a loop that has a statement: > DoCmd.OpenReport s...

fill colours not printing
Hi I have a workbook with several sheets in it. When I fill a cell with a background colour or pattern on the first sheet the colour and/or pattern do not print or appear on print pre-view. On other sheets in the workbook fills appear correctly. Is there a switch somewhere I've missed although it's hard to see how only one sheet can be affected. Peter file>pagesetup>sheet>black & white?? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Peter" <gamma@blueNOSPAMyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:tC9ph.35676$QY6.24067@fe1.news.blueyond...

Print/ Print preview in Dialog Based Applications
What's the best way to handle print preview / print in a dialog based application. I didn't find very much about it. Any ideas/links would be appreciated. TIA Fabrice Use the CPrintDialog to get a DC to a printer. And just draw to the DC. There is a little more to it, read the docs for StartDoc, StartPage, EndPage, and EndDoc in the DC documentation. Ali R. "Fabrice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:004301c3a2e7$428e1a20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > What's the best way to handle print preview / print in a > dialog based application. I...

No Landscape
When I select landscape in the page setup, The page does not turn sideways, even though it is in landscape view. Any ideas? ...

Always Landscape
No matter what I seem to do or select, every invoice I design comes out Landscape when it actually uses it - I can go in and take a default protrait invoice and save it to a different name and this happens. Please help! try page setup in printer >-----Original Message----- >No matter what I seem to do or select, every invoice I >design comes out Landscape when it actually uses it - I >can go in and take a default protrait invoice and save it >to a different name and this happens. Please help! >. > First, it's Print Setup (atypical for MS I know). Second, there...

Getting rid of 2nd Page on Print.
My sheet is complete on one page and within the margins. For some reason when I print it prints a second page which is blank except for the header which repeats. There are some bordered cells past the page break on the right. I have tried to delete these, but the borders remain. Is there an easy way to delete out this second blank page so that it does not print?? There are a few ways you could correct the problem. Set your print area by selecting the cells you want to print and then go to File>Print Area>Set Print Area. or Format the cells with the borders the remove the bor...

PRINT A CATEGORIE
-- RAY Create a custom view that filters out all but the desired category, then print from that view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "RAY" wrote: > > -- > RAY ...

How do I put a button on an excel spreadsheet to print a report?
Hi please help I want to put a button onto a excel spreadsheet (not the toolbar) that will print a report for me from another sheet, what macro do I use and what options do I use Regards Casper I would record a macro when I printed what I wanted. Then I'd use a button from the Forms toolbar and plop it onto that other sheet--and assign that recorded macro to that button. Your recorded macro may look something like: Option Explicit Sub Macro1() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub I'd change it to be more specific (and give it a nice name): O...