labels #5

I have 52 non-contiguous cells that need to be summed and
averaged.  I have created a label by selecting the
individual cells and typing a name in the name box.
How can I edit or review to be sure I have all the correct
cells?  i.e.  If I skip a cell that needs to be included
or if I click on a cell that should not be included

if the label should reference B5, B10, B15, ... but I
click on B4, B9, B15  how can I change B9 to B10?

Is there an easy way to use the name for relative
formulas? i.e. I have Monday_P1, Monday_p2, Tuesday_P1,
Tuesday_P2  then how can I use this to get Monday_P3 which
is the next column  or use it to create Monday_p3 which is
the next row.  I have 5 columns and 5 different P rows -
one for each week of the year

any suggestions would be appreciated.

pamela
0
anonymous (74720)

Pamela, for the first part, click in the name box an pick your name, it
should highlight the cells, to edit this range go to insert, name, define
and pick the name from there to change the range, not clear on the second
part
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003

"pamela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 52 non-contiguous cells that need to be summed and
> averaged.  I have created a label by selecting the
> individual cells and typing a name in the name box.
> How can I edit or review to be sure I have all the correct
> cells?  i.e.  If I skip a cell that needs to be included
> or if I click on a cell that should not be included
>
> if the label should reference B5, B10, B15, ... but I
> click on B4, B9, B15  how can I change B9 to B10?
>
> Is there an easy way to use the name for relative
> formulas? i.e. I have Monday_P1, Monday_p2, Tuesday_P1,
> Tuesday_P2  then how can I use this to get Monday_P3 which
> is the next column  or use it to create Monday_p3 which is
> the next row.  I have 5 columns and 5 different P rows -
> one for each week of the year
>
> any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> pamela

When I try to edit a label using the insert, name, define
and choose the name I am unable to add to the list.  each
label stops at the same week - Sept 13-17.  I have redone
them and still the same results.  Is there a limit to the
number of individual cells that can be part of a label?

This is the problem I was running into when doing =average
( I could get through July and then everything was an
error in the formula until I took out every cell after row
154).  Of course some of the cells are still blank since
the year is not over.

benefit from it
>Feedback on answers is always appreciated!
>Using Excel 2000 & 2003
>** remove news from my email address to reply by email **
>
>"pamela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>I have 52 non-contiguous cells that need to be summed and
>> averaged.  I have created a label by selecting the
>> individual cells and typing a name in the name box.
>> How can I edit or review to be sure I have all the
correct
>> cells?  i.e.  If I skip a cell that needs to be included
>> or if I click on a cell that should not be included
>>
>> if the label should reference B5, B10, B15, ... but I
>> click on B4, B9, B15  how can I change B9 to B10?
>>
>> Is there an easy way to use the name for relative
>> formulas? i.e. I have Monday_P1, Monday_p2, Tuesday_P1,
>> Tuesday_P2  then how can I use this to get Monday_P3
which
>> is the next column  or use it to create Monday_p3 which
is
>> the next row.  I have 5 columns and 5 different P rows -
>> one for each week of the year
>>
>> any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>> pamela
>

>.

0
anonymous (74720)
9/28/2004 6:46:05 PM
There is a limit on the length of the list of addresses in the
Insert|Name|define dialog box.

One way around it.

Select your cells (once again!)
hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE)
hit ctrl-g  (to see the immediate window)

type this and hit enter:

selection.name = "yournamehere"

(change yournamehere to what you want <bg>.)

====
Another workaround is to create names in steps.

Select a few/lots of cells (but fewer than the limit).
Give that a nice name.
myPart1

Do it again selecting more cells.
myPart2

Then when you're done, insert|name|define

MyAllParts
refers to:
=mypart1,mypart2,mypart3,mypart4

(as many as you need--until you break the length limit again!)

After you do that, hit F5 (edit|goto or even ctrl-g).
type in the name "myallparts" and hit enter.

You should see your cells selected.  You can tab through them
counting/verifying.

And if you go back to the VBE and hit ctrl-g once more, you can type this and
hit enter:

?range("myallparts").cells.count

to see how many of the 52 you got.

======
You may want to take a look at =offset() too.

=OFFSET(mypart1,0,1)

would return the value of the cell to the right of mypart1 (a single cell!).

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

making labels #2
Is it possible to make labels from excel, or to transfer information from excel to word and then make labels? See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052037601033.aspx In article <124ECBC4-C3AF-47E6-A5BE-AC5B7F8E4894@microsoft.com>, "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to make labels from excel, or to transfer information from > excel to word and then make labels? hi, yes. do a mail merge form word. open word Tools>mail merge> follow mail merge helper. Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >Is i...

Print 5 weeks in Outlook 007
I read the posts regarding how to adjust the number of weeks showing in a monthly calendar view, but how do I print these? My Print Preview defaults to 6 weeks which cuts off some events; I prefer printing 5 weeks so a complete month is printed with the prior months lead up days and the few days following. Thanks, I appreciate your taking the time to answer. -- kim m "kim m" <kimm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25F80B41-1D1C-4B28-BD4B-E41FB7B8D977@microsoft.com... >I read the posts regarding how to adjust the number of weeks showing in a ...

No dates in 1st 5 records of excel spreadsheet
I understand that when linking to an Excel spreadsheet, Access determines from the 1st few records, what datatype to make the field. I have a date field whose 1st 5 records are null. Access doesn't return any of the values in that field. They are all null. How do I fix this? -- Bill Reed "If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at somebody else" Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 If you are just doing this once, just fill the first record with any example data with the correct datatypes. As you have ...

how do i print labels using excell information
how do i print labels using excell information If you have Word, do a mail merge and use the excel file as the data source. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. ricoh danielson wrote: > > how do i print labels using excell information -- Dave Peterson ...

Exchange 5.5 Corrupt MTA
I am having some serious problems with my MTA. The server is configured as follows: Exchange 5.5 SP4 Windows 2000 SP4 This server is a bridgehead with multiple Directory Replication Connectors, Site Connectors and an Internet Mail Connector. The problem is mail is not flowing through the MTA. When I look at the exchsrvr\MTADATA directory, over night, it can get filled with as many as 30,000 files. I typically run MTACHECK /rd and MTACHECK /rp and it will remove anywhere from 80% - 97% of the messages saying that they are corrupt. I restart the MTA, mail will flow for a little while and t...

X-Axis labels #2
I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have chosen in my worksheet. I have chosen a row with the dates spelled out, however, when I choose this row it gives me numbers in increments of two. How do I get the information to show up as January, February, etc.? Thanks. Robert Hi Robert, Double click the axis and on the scale tab of the format dialog set the number of ticklabels between categorys to 1. You may then need to adjust the fontsize to clearly read the text. Cheers Andy Robert wrote: > I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have > chosen in my ...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Special Characters on Labels
What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels? -- Bill @ UAMS Try formating the label with the Wingdings font (or other similar symbol font) and entering the appropriate character. See Character Map in Windows for keys. Nick "BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS> wrote in message news:0D137128-83B0-4C8A-A025-878622F8772C@microsoft.com... > What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent > sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels? > > -- > Bill @ UAMS Hi Bill, More specifically, I think...

How do I change data labels on scatterplot
I create scatter plots using two values (salary, year of hire) that relate to particular employees. I want to label each point with the contents of a third cell (initials of the individual related to the point). I have figured out how to change the label one point at a time, but I'd like to simply relate the contents of a third column to the markers defined by two other columns. Help!! -- ahannigan The free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels" will do that. It can also include the cell formatting in the data label and link the cell contents to the label. Download from ......

OE attachments #5
Does anyone know why I cannot open an attachment from an Outlook Express email I was sent? The emails are from people I trust. The message comes back reading: OE removed access to unsafe attachments....(then it lists the file name). Help! if you can. Thank you. While in the news reader click on Tools/Options/Security. Make sure that "Do not allow attachment to be saved or open that could potentially be a virus." is NOT checked. "ldawn610@wi.rr.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:748a01c4764c$06ba20f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Labeling
When using the label templates in publisher, I want to make labels with a certain number on them. (I.E. i want the first label to have a 1 the second label to have a 2, etc.) When i look at the labels in print preview i see that the number that i entered is on every label. i just want that number on one label and different number on teh next and so forth. Is there a way I can make every label on a page number specific or do they all have to be the same when printing. thanks for the help Go here for help with numbering labels using a merge dialogue. http://www.publishermvps.com/gen...

Printing column label on every page.
I have several column labels like date, hour, ect on one row on the top. I want to print this row label on every page. However I can't seem to do that because on the instruction option is grayed out. Here is the instruction. The last two instruction sentences are grayed and they give me no choice to do it. 1.. Click the worksheet. 2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab. a.. 1.. Do one of the following: 2.. Print row and column headings 3.. a.. Select the Row and column headings check box, and click Print. 4.. Print row and column labels on ...

Out of Office Not Working #5
I have a user that has turned on the Out of Office in Outlook, but when someone sends something to her, they don't get her Out of Office message reply. Any suggestions? Diane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user that has turned on the Out of Office in > Outlook, but when someone sends something to her, they > don't get her Out of Office message reply. Is the person failing to receive the OOA reply using an internal or an external address? By default, OOA does not reply to external addresses. -- Brian Tillman I didn't know that....g...

Chart Axis Labels are cutting short in 2002
The Axis labels in Excel 2002 are cutting of before the last letter. I can't size the square, its not an option, and if I change the font, the same thing happens. Only if I add an underscore in the titles will the last letter appear, but also will half the underscore. On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:33:38 -0700, Jason <castellanij@mbusa.com> wrote:= > The Axis labels in Excel 2002 are cutting of before the > last letter. I can't size the square, its not an option, > and if I change the font, the same thing happens. Only > if I add an underscore in the titles will the...

Add data labels without displaying data points?
I have a bar graph showing payer mixes for our 3 business units, 6 bars for each unit, with the data labels above each bar showing the percent of total. Across the bottom of graph I would like to add the prior year percentages for comparison, but I don't want to include that data in the graph - just display the percentage. I tried adding a text box with the information, but I'm not able to consistently get it to line up with the current data. I also tried adding individual text boxes linked to my data, but this was not ideal because of the difficulty in lining them up as well...

Row labels displayed as column labels
In Excel 2007, how can a pivot table with fields in Row Labels appear as Column Labels with associated data also in columns? Please let me know if this is possible, as I have seen a pivot table with this type of display. Thank you for your assistance. -- I Teach ...

How do I align, data labels and leaders on a pie Chart in Excel
When you have many data values displayed in a Pie Chart, how can you align the leaders and text neatly, instead of doing it manually, one ny one? ...

Label
How can I write in VBE a code which will allow me to print (for example) 4 labels for item 950, 3 labels for 567 and so on?Is it a circle necessary? List for items changing quite frequently and is stored in 1st sheet, 2nd is a pattern of a label. ...

Security with Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000
Dear All, Many years ago I set up an Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT 4.0 course which used the Outlook 97 client on NT Workstation and I developed the lab notes according to these platforms. I have now been asked by a company to do this course for Exchange 5.5, but this time the Exchange 5.5 server is still hosted on Windows NT 4.0 but the clients are using Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP platform. I have not had too many differences but one problem I am having is with the signing and sealing of messages. After getting the mailbox tokens from the Exchange 5.5 server I applied them successfully a...

Meeting Request #5
I had an unusual request the other day. Is this possible? When setting up a meeting request in Outlook 2003 is there a way to change the word "Required", when adding attendees, to say "Requested"? Thanks in advance, Aaron Neunz No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Aaron Neunz" <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote in message news:%23%23juRra%23EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I had an unusual request the ot...

MSPOS: When I print a label with a barcode, the barcode uses the e
MSPOS: When I print a label with a barcode, the barcode uses the entire field length Course then the bar code reader can't scan it. It appears that the program is attempting to always use the entire width of the field instead of printing within the field size like RMS does. 5 numbers in ILC, any barcode type, barcode label field size 1.5" wide, always prints the barcode 1.5" wide Use a Dymo 330 Turbo printer, Windows driver using the same label format/info and field sizes that works fine in RMS and all other programs Sure glad I'm not selling this!! 4 bugs/_feat...

How to print name badge labels
How do I print different Avery 5384 name badge labels on same sheet? I created a document and put one name badge and when I try to print it, I get a full sheet of the same name, with no way of entering different badge labels. The Avery 5384 sheet is set up for 6 labels on each page. Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Pecos Bill" <Pecos Bill@discussions.microsoft...

Exchange 5.5 & 2000 and Trend interscan viruswall! Please Help!
I have a problem! I'm getting ready to remove our Exchange 5.5 server. I shutdown the 5.5 server and every thinks worked as they should. Then I rebooted our mail relay (Linux based unfortunately) server witch is also running, Trend InterScan VirusWall 3.8 for Linux. When it was up and running again our emails did not get through. Every thing looked correct, but nothing happened. I can't find any thing that refers to the Exchange 5.5. Is it possible that it is getting the information from the Exchange 2000 or AD? After starting up the Exchange 5.5 and stopping and restarting th...

Delegates in Exchange 5.5
For a long time, delegates have been used to set "permissions" on our public folders. There's hundreds of folders in this, and I'm planning a migration to Exchange 2003 with AD. Is there anything I can use to extract a list of the delegate permissions from the store? If it comes down to it I'll have to go through it manually and and write them down, but I'd rather not have to do that. On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:30:04 -0400, "Megan" <megan_grubb@yahoo.com> wrote: >For a long time, delegates have been used to set "permissions" on our publ...

How do I put custom data labels on charts in Excel?
I have a chart showing burn rates (fairly small numbers) and EACs/ETCs(Relly big numbers). I have set up 2 Y-Axis, but this stretches the burn rate a lot, so if it changes a little bit, it adjusts the axis and suddenly, a 1% spike goes all the way from the bottom edge to the top. I know I can define the axis to compensate, but then if there really were a spike, it has the potential to go off the page, something I'm not sure people will know how to fix when I leave this internship in a couple weks. What I want to do is add another set of data, a percent change in the burn rate. O...