Kill Excel silently

Hi,
I batch file that queries a database and creates a flat file.
I want to start Excel, make graph of the data and save it as an htm
file. I then want to get out  of Excel.

I want to do this automatically twice daily (eg at midnight).

I use Scheduled tasks and a macro to start Excel and create the graph
But Excel won't quit so I've set the ask Scheduler to stop Excel afte
1 minute.

Here's the problem ... I get a message saying that Excel has terminate
unexpectedly and would I like to send an Error Report to Microsoft?!

I cannot turn this message off no matter what Service I stop!

Does anyone have  any ideas how I might accomplish my aim?

thanks very much
Nor

It's in control panel under system>advanced, click error reporting
and check disable error reporting

--

For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"normwheatley >" <<normwheatley.16u6ql@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:normwheatley.16u6ql@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi,
> I batch file that queries a database and creates a flat file.
> I want to start Excel, make graph of the data and save it as an html
> file. I then want to get out  of Excel.
>
> I want to do this automatically twice daily (eg at midnight).
>
> I use Scheduled tasks and a macro to start Excel and create the graph.
> But Excel won't quit so I've set the ask Scheduler to stop Excel after
> 1 minute.
>
> Here's the problem ... I get a message saying that Excel has terminated
> unexpectedly and would I like to send an Error Report to Microsoft?!
>
> I cannot turn this message off no matter what Service I stop!
>
> Does anyone have  any ideas how I might accomplish my aim?
>
> thanks very much
> Norm
>

> ---

terre081 (3244)

Excel instance isolation problem
Excel 2003, sp2 Hi, I'm using an add-in to create a report. The report is put together with data from a few named ranges in a hidden excel worksheet. Below is the relevant code that's in a standard module in the add-in. Dim wkbData As Excel.Workbook Dim cn As ADODB.Connection Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sFileConnectionString As String Dim sFilePath As String Set wkbData = ActiveWorkbook sFilePath = wkbData.FullName sFileConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Sourc...

Replicate MS Excel VLOOKUP Function in MS Access
I am converting several MS Excel spreadsheets into a single MS Access 2003 database for an MS Excel User. The MS Excel VLOOKUP query I am trying to recreate is as follows: =IF(VLOOKUP(EG2,EH:EI,2,FALSE)=B2,"Good",VLOOKUP(EG2,EH:EI,2,FALSE)) New MS Access Table Name: 0301_ElectricitySupply_FeatureLine-up Field names for MS Excel and MS Access are as follows: MS Excel field: MS Access Field: A2 Verify Config "A2" is VLOOKUP function listed above MS Excel f...

Kill Excel silently
Hi, I batch file that queries a database and creates a flat file. I want to start Excel, make graph of the data and save it as an htm file. I then want to get out of Excel. I want to do this automatically twice daily (eg at midnight). I use Scheduled tasks and a macro to start Excel and create the graph But Excel won't quit so I've set the ask Scheduler to stop Excel afte 1 minute. Here's the problem ... I get a message saying that Excel has terminate unexpectedly and would I like to send an Error Report to Microsoft?! I cannot turn this message off no matter what Service I st...

XML Advantages in Excell
Hi, I have hard about great XML futures in Excel, but I cant find any examples how to use and what are the advantages, could anyone give me some good link or some info about how could I improve my day to day task with use of XML ? regards Peter Piotr wrote... >I have hard about great XML futures in Excel, but I cant find any >examples how to use and what are the advantages, could anyone give me >some good link or some info about how could I improve my day to day >task with use of XML ? If you don't already have some notion of how XML would benefit you, it's very likely ...

Using Time in Excel
I have created a clocking-on style timesheet whereby you enter the time that you start work and time that you finish work and then it calculates how many hours:mins that you have worked and how much overtime has been done. It does work very well but my question is Is it possible to create a macro that will enter the current time in a particular cell when a button is pressed? In the spreadsheet that I have created a button like this would elimate human entry error and could end up been a real asset to companies who want to track the time that there employees work. Thankyou Su...

Word FormFields in Excel
I have a set of tables that I created in MS Word with multiple FormFields. In my word form, they get inserted into another table in a new document to customize the new document. I just found out that I need to use or create the same thing in Excel. I tried to copy/paste my plug-in word table from word to excel....but none of the form fields are still useable...they become text. Is there any way to use a Word table in excel without losing the formatting or functionality? Or is there another way to accomplish the same thing/ ...

excel #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'm new to MAC. In the PC version there was a space ( cell ) in the tool bar where the contents of the chosen cell were displayed. Currently the spreadsheet in from of me doesn't have this. How do I et this back? I'm not sure if this is what you want, but click on View>Formula Bar to bring up the formula bar that allows you to view the current cell's content and also allows you to enter data and formulas. On 02/07/08 16:37, in article 59b52faf.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jpc603@officeformac.com" <jpc60...

Transferring from Word to Excel
I'm trying to transfer Word documents into Excel documents. Is there a way to do this? Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to either Word or Excel. When you do repost, it would likely help whoever's responding if you indicate what versions of Word and Excel you're using, and possibly even what operating system you're using. It would also be useful if you could give an example of what it is you're trying to do. -- ...

Excel Query Error
I have an Excel template that contains a query. This information goes back to an Access database. There are three worksheets with three queries in this template. It would have been my choice to keep it all contained in Access, but I didn't design it. When this template is opened it automatically refreshes the information. However, on one computer we receive an error that says the ODBC is not connected no driver manager. We have verified there is a full install of Office on that pc. I don't know how to fix this so she can run this from her pc. The query is not complex ...

Excel #17
from conditional formula, how can i create a formula IF D20 <= E20, Then will display tick. else will display, cross tick One play .. In say, F20: =IF(D20<=E20,"a","r") Format F20 with "Marlett" font -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Reen" wrote: > from conditional formula, how can i create a formula IF D20 <= E20, Then will > display tick. else will display, cross tick You cannot do this using CF. You would have to go to event code in my opinion. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18...

Links in Excel #5
I've got several spreadsheets that link to one 'master' spreadsheet. They're all kept on our work X: drive, which is the shared drive for the whole organisation. However, the automatic links have a problem, in that every time I open the master spreadsheet that contains the links, I have to manually find each linked spreadsheet, it doesn't automatically update. Now, I can't see anything wrong with the source file descriptions and I can't think of what else it could be. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advan...

Ttransferring excel from win98 to win2000 to excel 95
I can transfer my files from win98 computer to win2000 with Excel 95 but I can,t pull up the file ...

Excel Survey
I have a survey on paper with 26 questions with 3 response choices. How would I set this up in Excel? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BOOK REVIEW: Professional Silverlight 2 for ASP.NET Developers [WROX] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3573070a-b0b0-49e5-99c8-cddc274ec7f8/book-review-professional.aspx Hi, see Debra web to create a survey form http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html "Pam Cole" wrote: > I have a survey on paper with 26 questions with 3 response choices. How would I set this up in Excel? > >...

set print area icon in Excel
The "set print area" icon has been eliminated in Excel 2003. It was an excellent feature and should be returned. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f2e5df9d-ede8-48c3-b685-c0e9a3b8...

use excel to manage Access table
I am trying to come up with a way to be able to modify (add/change/delete) data in an access table through Excel. I still need to have a primary key in this table, so linking the data doesn't work (and takes up too much memory). Is this possible? Hi Do you have to use Excel? Why can you not use Access to enter data in an Access database? Immanuel Sibero "shin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:371501c3b067$ab920760$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to come up with a way to be able to modify > (add/change/delete) data in an access ...

Excel's column width format box
Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's column width box, yet using the mouse, I am able to adjust the width. When opening the text box, I can delete the number that appears, but am unable to even reenter that one after it is deleted. I must tell you that I'm a new user who's working through numerous tutorials. Thanks, Hi do you get an error message or what happens exactly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rly2rys wrote: > Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's > column width box, yet using the mouse, I am ...

Does it can do by excel?
hi all, i need to print some label, but the label just a little bit difference from each other. Follwing is the template. Box1: Product Name: ABCxxx Customer Name: ABCD company QTY: 30 Cnt: 1 of 30 Box2: Product Name: ABCxxx Customer Name: ABCD company QTY: 30 Cnt: 2 of 30 and box3 and so on are just change the Cnt: number of 30. I don't want to make every label by copy and just change the Cnt value, it really waste time for the quantity is very large. So i want to know does excel can ...

kill
wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kil...

Boxplot and Whisker chart in Excel
I need to know how to create boxplot and whisker chart in Excel, and boxplot and whisker chart in Pivot table, anyone know where can I get these informations? Anna Try chart guru Jon Peltier's site. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 14:39:15 -0700, "Anna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to know how to create boxplot and whisker chart in >Excel, and boxplot and whisker chart in Pivot table, >anyone know where can I get these informations? ...

setting excel 2000 macro security
is there a way to set the excel 2000 macro security level to Medium via scripting or registry changes? i have excel on terminal server and would like to set it so that al users receieve medium level. No. That would defeat the objective of the security system. -- Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy - "mari" <nomail> wrote in message news:u8Nw1INXFHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > is there a way to set the excel 2000 macro security level to Medium via > scripting or registry changes? > > i have excel on terminal server and w...

can you put a watermark in an Excel doc?
I can't seem to be able to get our company logo as a watermark on a spreadsheet I print out. Can this be done? Sure you can. Are you saying that it just won't print? If that is the case, just go to the logo (picture) properties and click the print object checkbox. If you want the logo to just appear on the page, just go to INSERT>PICTURE. HTH Richard "Trevor" <trevor@eriksdelicafe.com> wrote in message news:04ad01c3587e$cd53ca50$a301280a@phx.gbl... I can't seem to be able to get our company logo as a watermark on a spreadsheet I print out. Can this be done? ...

Formulas in excel 2007
Hi, I have a workbook that was created in excel 2003. Now we are using excel 2007. The formulas don't work work anymore. Also, simple charts that were created in excel 2003, if you change the cell values, the chart doesn't update. Does anyone have an easy fix? Thansk Kate Easy, no. Specifically what kinds of formulas are you migrating? For charts, check your source data to make sure it's pointing to the correct location. On Nov 25, 6:41 pm, Kate <kt...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote: > Hi, I have a workbook that was created in excel 2003. Now we are using > exce...

pasting charts form excel 2 power point, Chart cutoff right side
I am trying to paste a excel chart that is on its own sheet in excel to powerpoint page. But it cuts the right side of the chart off. usually the legend is cut short. But if you copy a chart thats mixed on a page with other data & charts it works fine. ?????? #$%6& I hate computers! Doug Ramsey Change the location of your chart right click on it, select location, then choose as a new sheet. copy and paste from there and it should work >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to paste a excel chart that is on its own >sheet in excel to powerpoint page. But it cuts ...

EXCEL ERROR: This workbook contains INVALID references. ?
excel 2007, win 7 In an extensive wrkbk; how to begin to TRACE? ...

I want to share an excel workbook but the tab is not accessible