Key-Board ShortCut

Is there a Key-Board Shortcut Key (or Combination)
to Format a cell (number) as the General format?
TIA,

0
jmay (696)

<Ctrl> <Shift> <~>

To format to General.

But ... You might also need:
<F2> <Enter>
Afterwards.
--

HTH,

RD

"Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message
Is there a Key-Board Shortcut Key (or Combination)
to Format a cell (number) as the General format?
TIA,

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/26/2005 4:51:49 PM
Perfect, Tks RagDyeR
Neither F2 or Enter Required (here)..

"RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> <Ctrl> <Shift> <~>
>
> To format to General.
>
> But ... You might also need:
> <F2> <Enter>
> Afterwards.
> --
>
> HTH,
>
> RD
>
> "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message
> Is there a Key-Board Shortcut Key (or Combination)
> to Format a cell (number) as the General format?
> TIA,

0
jmay (696)
2/26/2005 8:54:12 PM
Appreciate the feed-back.
--

Regards,

Perfect, Tks RagDyeR
Neither F2 or Enter Required (here)..

"RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> <Ctrl> <Shift> <~>
>
> To format to General.
>
> But ... You might also need:
> <F2> <Enter>
> Afterwards.
> --
>
> HTH,
>
> RD
>
> "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message
> Is there a Key-Board Shortcut Key (or Combination)
> to Format a cell (number) as the General format?
> TIA,

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

CEdit Enter Key press
I have a CFormView with a single line CEdit control. When the user presses enter after entering a number I want the focuse to move to the next control in the FormView. The FormView does not receive the enter key pressed message? How can I get the focuse to move to the next control? Thanks George Try subclassing the edit control, and catching the enter keypress in a PreTranslateMessage handler, then pass down the message as a tab press. "George" <sg1base@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:bhrqbi$une$1@slb9.atl.mindspring.net... > I have a CFormView with a single line C...

Merging Tables With Duplicat Primary Key's
I have several tables with very similar data. Each contains a field for 'game name' and another 'system name' field (with a checkbox defaulted to 'yes' for each entry). The 'game name' is the primary key for each table. I would like to merge each table together into one large table or query (each table has duplicate game name entries) that also has a 'game name' primary key, but lists each 'system name' across columns and, of course, does not duplicate game names. Is this possible to do, or did I go about creating these tables in the wron...

Enter key = Tab key would be useful
Users should have the ability to set certain specific screens up so that when entering data on that screen, the enter key functions the same as the tab key. I know for data entry purposes this would be very useful, as many other programs that require the entering of data do this very thing. so wadda ya think MSFT? is this something that will be coming in the next service pack? thank you, Kevin ...

Enter Key not Responding
I had a problem with the tab key not responding the way I anticipated and the enter key not working at all. I figured out that the tab thing was the transition navigation key, but I am stumped on why the enter key is not responding in excel. Any ideas? go to tools > options > Edit tab check the box for move selection after enter >-----Original Message----- >I had a problem with the tab key not responding the way I >anticipated and the enter key not working at all. I >figured out that the tab thing was the transition >navigation key, but I am stumped on why the ...

Primary Key
Is the clustered index similar to the BTree structure? Alan T CI and NCI have Btree structure "Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:%23GC83$kyKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is the clustered index similar to the BTree structure? > > Is the clustered index similar to the BTree structure? Yes, the clustered is a b-tree structure similar to other indexes. The difference is that the clustered index leaf nodes are also the data actual pages. With non-clustered indexes, the leaf nodes refer to the data row ...

Enter Key Behavior
I have a form with 6 controls. I want the tab key to tab through the controls in a single record (which I've got by setting Cycle to Current Record). When I hit enter, I want to go to a specific control in the next record, no matter which control I hit enter from. So, for example, Control 1 tabs to Control 2 tabs to Control 3 I hit enter and go to Control 1 Control 1 tab to Control 2 I hit enter and go to Control 1 How does one accomplish this? Currently my Move After Enter behavior for the database is Next Record, but that makes the cursor go to then same control in the next record. ...

Hot Key
After upgrading from Win98 to XP Pro I used Visual C++ 6 to generate a Hot Key in mfc. The hot key is underlined in the workspace but is not underlined in the running program. It worked in Win98. Charles "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A36C1C5-4A70-4F4D-AB25-872F31BF1ACA@microsoft.com... > After upgrading from Win98 to XP Pro I used Visual C++ 6 to generate a Hot > Key in mfc. The hot key is underlined in the workspace but is not > underlined > in the running program. It worked in Win98. > Charles XP has an option under ...

can the doughnut chart key be in words
i have a balance sheet the has to be presented in a doughunt chart but the key has to be in words. using office 2003. if it is possible please could i have a step by step explanation Hi, The key will display the text you specify as the Name of the series. Normally the text is held within a cell at the head of each data series. You can use the Source Data dialog to set the Name of each series, either as a reference to a cell or text. Right click chart and pick Source Data... On the series tab is the place to change the Name. Cheers Andy lili class wrote: > i have a balance sheet the ...

/ keyboard key doesn't work in Excel 2007
When I press the / key the shortcut keys appear instead on the ribbon (only in Excel 2007, not Word 2007). However I can type / into the formula bar ok - it looks like a bug (a friend has also got the same problem and we have shared 2 files today, one using a USB stick and one sent by email - neither file has previously caused a problem). Help! Many thanks. Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Lotus Compatibility. Remove the the "/" from the MS Excel help menu key. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:40:02 -0700, Bob Freeman <BobFreem...

What is the accelerator key, shortcut key and hot key?
Hi All, What is the accelerator key, shortcut key hot key on a form? I'm confused by these concept, who can explain the difference on them? If I have a "&Open Ctrl + O" menu item and a button, whose text is "&Clear". So what is Alt + O, Ctrl+ O and Alt+C? <Ctrl> + a key carries acts as a shortcut to carry out a native Access function from the menus at the top of an Access app, i.e. <Ctrl> <F> carries out the Find function. <Alt> + a key acts as a developer defined shortcut. In the Caption property of a command button, if you place an...

Enter key on 10-key doesn't work
In excel 2000, when you hit the enter key on the 10-key portion of th keyboard, it drops down to the next cell. in excel 2002 i've seen som cases where this does not happen, where it does nothing. is there setting that can be changed so that in excel 2002 the enter key drop down to the next line? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi hit the NUMLOCK key -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sascotek >" <<sascotek.16m5bw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:sascotek.16m5bw@excelforum-nospam.com... > In excel 2000, when y...

Shortcut Button Programming
I would like to point the <F7> key (Set Customer) at a custom add-in that is currently launched as a custom POS button. Is this possible? Running RMS 2.0 Thanks folks! Brandon hi, you better create custom buton instead, or you have to do the hook programming where as soon as the setCustomer is fire, you can hook your own custom add-in. Do you have customization guide. "Brandon" wrote: > I would like to point the <F7> key (Set Customer) at a custom add-in that is > currently launched as a custom POS button. Is this possible? > > Running RMS 2.0 > ...

Tab Key order
Please tell me how to set up my tab key so that it goes to the next adjacent cell, right now it goes from cell A1 to L1 for example. <Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab, And *uncheck* "TransitionNavigationKeys". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "CarolL" <carol_lapointe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ABA7A007-3DDC-4CA6-ABEB-1A376D0591FE@microsoft.com... Please tell me how to set up my tab key so that it ...

Which key on which machine
I have RMS on 3 machines in my store and I just rebuilt one. I know all 3 license keys but I dont know which is installed on which machine. Anybody know how to figure this out so I don't reactivate the wrong license? Jason This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00EA_01C91348.62E8D950 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00EB_01C91348.62E8D950" ------=_NextPart_001_00EB_01C91348.62E8D950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jason, That's why there ...

Transition Navegation Key
Someone has told me that after clicking on the Transination Navigation Key option, everytime Excel is restarted it goes back to the option, no matter what he does. He even tried reinstalling Excel, but the option remains "ticked" and can only be "unticked" during the current session of Excel. As soon as he closes Excel and opens it again, the option appears ticked. Anyone with an idea of how to sort this out? Sounds like your buddy is using a template that he saved, accidentally or otherwise, with the Transition Navigation Key clicked? "cmart02" wrote: &...

Function Keys
Hi, Is there are any way to connect some operations with function keys on keyboard. Ivica not without making very drastic changes to the underlying crm code which is unsupported. "Ivica Zub�i�" <ivica.zubcic@msan.hr> wrote in message news:u9DH35cAEHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there are any way to connect some operations with function keys on > keyboard. > > Ivica > > ...

desktop shortcuts
How do you add a new user's desktop to the desktop shortcuts in Windows 2000 Prof.? You mean create shortcut for CRM or what?? "Adriane" <aah@cre-denver.com> wrote in message news:1d8e01c42728$448887f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you add a new user's desktop to the desktop > shortcuts in Windows 2000 Prof.? ...

make tab key act like return key
I have and editbox on my form and I had trapped the return key to process data in the editbox, but because of interaction with other programs and a barcode scanner that can only use tab characters, I need the tab key to act like the return key. Specifically, I can access the tab key in the pretranslate function, but it always tabs to the next control; how do I get it the cursor to stay in the editbox? I have trying using setfocus(), but that did not work. Z.K. Have you tried using GotoDlgCtrl() Tom "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:u%23svlCkJIH...

Install fails due to error opening a Registry Key
When I try to install on a new copy of WinXP Publisher 2002 which has previously run ok, it stops and states that perhaps I am not the administrator (not true) and that it can't open the Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.pps\PersistantHandler I can see this key is not set on my machine, as I have no other office products installed now. Do a virus/malware scan. I tried finding a definitive answer for you, I read many articles, most of which seemed to suggest a scan would help. Has Publisher 2002 been installed on this computer before? Are you overwriting ...

Did Microsoft Money 2006 Premium Have A Product Key?
Hi, I just found my jewel case for Money 2006 with the DVD inside. However, I didn't see a product key inside the manual booklet or inside the jewel case (like I have with Money Plus). All I see on the jewel case is a sticker on the back that starts with X11. Not sure what that is. Maybe 2006 didn't have a product key that you needed to activate it, and I just forgot. Can anyone help me out? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, MoneyTech wrote: > > >I just found my jewel case for Money 2006 with the DVD inside. However, I >didn't see a product key inside the m...

Using the Control Key on a Listbox
I have a form that the users use to define attendees for tabulation of courses. On the one side is a filtered listbox that lists all the employees, and on the other side of the form is a listbox that gets filled when a button is pressed. The user is to select the employees that will be attending from the first listbox and then press the input button to transfer those employee names to the second listbox. I have had a request by one user to be able to block transfer employees by using the control keys. I have noticed that holding down the control key results in being able to block select...

reenter product key or CD Key
Unfortunately I have two computers that think they have the same CD Key. A while ago MS told me how to make one system request a new CD Key. I had to restore one of these computers from a back-up, so now I have to do it again, but I can't find the directions. (I know the knowledge base recommends to reintall, but that didn't do it) I think you have to remove a file in the library. In article <FD5A5799-35FF-4418-8FA7-788E156C72A6@microsoft.com>, phillman5 <phillman5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unfortunately I have two computers that think they have the...

deleting registry key with having full path....
Hi i am facing a problem while delting a registry key, i want to delete a key without having full path. Like RegDelete(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"MYKEY"); where "MyKey" could be anywhere in subkeys, is there anyway to delete this key withour having its full path..., any hints or source will be appriciated Thanks in advance Mujtaba To the best of my knowledge, the answer is "no". Why don't you know where it is? I would be inclined to just enumerate keys until I found the one I needed. joe On 12 Jan 2005 05:41:21 -0800, tomujtaba@hotmail.com (Mujtaba) wro...

Lost Windows Product Key
INNOBATE Product Key Recovery, is a utility software tool, which decrypts the stored Windows Product Key on your Microsoft Windows 2000, 2003 and Windows XP family of operating systems. This tool allows your to save your Windows computer system's product key code to a text file as a backup. For a Windows XP Computer system this utility software tool gives the user the ability to check if their installation of XP has been pre-activated. ...

Character code for Enter Key
Hi, I would like to use the Chr code for the enter key, I know the code for a line break is Chr(11), I've been searching for a table of some kind in help but no luck. Can anyone help me? Thanks http://www.asciitable.com/ Angie M. wrote: >Hi, I would like to use the Chr code for the enter key, I know the code for a >line break is Chr(11), I've been searching for a table of some kind in help >but no luck. Can anyone help me? Thanks -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201003/1 ...