keeping track of flow for modules/forms/sheetcodes

In the process of creating a workbook, I am accumulating many forms,
Modules, sheets, etc.,  some of which are linked backward and forwards.
Is there a process whereby I can either print the code out, or view the
procedures, in a way that will give some order to it for checking.
Failing that.... an easy way to print all code including those within
userforms to a file that I can view and edit and print?
I realise there is a print option under file in VBA that will print to file,
but not in a format I can read.
Rob

Hi Ron,
Chip Pearson has code to export modules from a project.
You can then open them in any text editor or use a tool like Pretty Code to
print them in color. www.prettycode.com

Look for "Exporting all modules". http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

--
John
johnf 202 at hotmail dot com

"rob nobel" <robnobel@dodoNOGOOBS.com.auNOGOOBS> wrote in message
| In the process of creating a workbook, I am accumulating many forms,
| Modules, sheets, etc.,  some of which are linked backward and forwards.
| Is there a process whereby I can either print the code out, or view the
| procedures, in a way that will give some order to it for checking.
| Failing that.... an easy way to print all code including those within
| userforms to a file that I can view and edit and print?
| I realise there is a print option under file in VBA that will print to
file,
| but not in a format I can read.
| Rob

0
me5306 (285)
1/17/2004 2:35:09 PM
Thanks jaf,  I should check those pages more often as there's a lot of
useful stuff there!
Rob

"jaf" <me@here.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ron,
> Chip Pearson has code to export modules from a project.
> You can then open them in any text editor or use a tool like Pretty Code
> print them in color. www.prettycode.com
>
> Look for "Exporting all modules". http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm
>

> --
> John
> johnf 202 at hotmail dot com
>

> "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodoNOGOOBS.com.auNOGOOBS> wrote in message
> | In the process of creating a workbook, I am accumulating many forms,
> | Modules, sheets, etc.,  some of which are linked backward and forwards.
> | Is there a process whereby I can either print the code out, or view the
> | procedures, in a way that will give some order to it for checking.
> | Failing that.... an easy way to print all code including those within
> | userforms to a file that I can view and edit and print?
> | I realise there is a print option under file in VBA that will print to
> file,
> | but not in a format I can read.
> | Rob

print macro to filter search form
Hi all, I have a search form that finds results by filtering the original table. It is adapted from http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html . All my search boxes are text boxes on my version. I need to be able to print the records that the search retrieves. The form is a continuous form. I know how to set up a print macro if searching with a Query, but I have many criterion to search for and the filter was the best choice. Additionally I am having problems with the Query code itself. Anyways, Is there any way to print out a report of filtered results like that? Thank you for your time in adv...

Tracking Changes Question
Hi, We are trying to find a way to track all of the changes to our spreadshets and, I was hoping, to our modules. This is related to the Sarbanes Oxley Act. The powers that be want to freeze our spreadsheets at a point in time and then track any changes that we make. Is anybody familiar with this? Thanks, Anita Yes, you need to make the workbook a shared worbook (Tools>Shar Workbook) then select enable tracking (Tools>Track Changes). 'Here's (http://tinyurl.com/3e3g3) the official line. Or you can find tutorial 'here (http://www.jmu.edu/computing/workshop/handouts/...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Tracking of Spouses Finances
When I go through the initial interview process, Money 2003 and 2004 ask whether you want to track your spouses finances as well. I have however been unable to find out whether Money does something with this information later on. Anyone knows if there is some functionality that uses this information? Thanks. Charles -- I think it might come on handy on the tax estimator... "Richard Bollar, MVP" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message news:uDmY3xCWDHA.3088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > The only place that it's obvious is in the lifetime planner, where each > spouse...

outlook to exchange tracking
Hi All, I have an outlook client that is sending strange messages through the server. I need to track down what the client IP is or what user account is being used to send these messages. Is there a way to track activity between outlook and the exchange server? ...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Outlook sends winmail.dat attachment when Track in CRM is clicked
If a client clicks on Track in CRM button and sends email with attachment, for example .xls file Outlook sends it as an winmail.dat attachment which is unreadable for many people. If the function Track in CRM is not active the attachment is send OK. I have played a bit with format of sent e-mails, e.g. plain text, html but it behaves still in the same way. -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc www.GSIcrm.com Certified Microsoft CRM Solution Partner ...

Message Tracking Center?
Is it possible to export the list of information that you get from the Message Tracking Center? I need to send a list of emails that was sent from a specific user during a date range. Win2003 Server/Exchange 2003 sp2 The message tracking log files are text files. If you can write code, you could develop a script to pull what you want out of them. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote in message news:O84nkXgpGHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Want to display entire excel sheet inside ms access form
hi, What are best ways to display an external excel file inside the ms access form. Thanks Jerry I tried with this method, intially part of the excel data is visible in the screen, to see entire excel I activated the OLE control as In-Process, now the screen size is different and I cannot able to control the container control size. Although I can able to set OLE control width/height it i not applied to the activated container control. Is there any way to set the size of the Container control size programmatically. Regards Sivanand FTSI, India. "Jerry Whittle" wrote: >...

update subform from value in another form
I have a mainform and two subforms liked through member number. I want to enter data in the subform for every quarter for each member. I have an unbound combo box in the main form to select the quarter. How do I store the quarter information for each member in the subforms based on the combo box. I don’t want to store the quarter information in the main form. SeekAns - It sounds like you are adding new records in the subform. If so, set the default value of the control in the subform to be the value selected in the combo box on the main form. -- Daryl S "See...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

Forms -Add one more field
I am using outlook 2003 XP Pro I am happy with the standard default setup of Outlook. I wanted to add one more field to the main contacts view. i.e. Products So that we can add what products the customer has bought from us in the past and we can use that field for mailmerge. can anyone help me out on that. I am new to forms and don't know how to use it, hence don't want to take a wrong step just in case I mess things up. Appreciate your help and a prompt response. When you are viewing your contacts, you can right click on either of the fields already showing (i.e. full name,...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Print a forecast cash flow in Microsoft Money 2007
I want to print my forecast cash flow in Microsoft Money 2007, but the "Print" option is disable. I can to print the chart, but I cannot to print the spreadsheet with the transactions located below the chart In microsoft.public.money, David Ronco <David Ronco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to print my forecast cash flow in Microsoft Money 2007, but the >"Print" option is disable. >I can to print the chart, but I cannot to print the spreadsheet with the >transactions located below the chart If you want to print what is on the screen in a M...

How to paint some picture files(like Bitmap file) to the form?
I am a Visual C++ MFC programming beginner. I have an easy question that How to paint some picture files(like Bitmap file) to the form? Please help me. Thank you very much. I mean, many pictures, not only one or two. 1) Put a picture static control on the form. 2) Associate a control variable with the control. 3) Use SetBitmap(...) method of CStatic class. -- Vipin Aravind "Ke Xiaofeng" <kexiaofeng@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139910963.128022.81680@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I am a Visual C++ MFC programming beginner. I have an easy question > that How...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

Form/Subforms
Hi, I have a database in which some of the tables are already populated: tblQuestionnaires qstnaireID (PK) qstnaireName tblQuestions qstID (PK) qstnaireID (FK) qstnNo qstnText tblAnswers answerID (PK) qstnID (FK) I now wish to create a form that will allow me to display/select questionnaires, input in the corresponding respondent data and the responses of each respondent answer, with the question number and text displayed on the form as well. The tables that I wish to populate via the form are: tblRespondents respondentID (PK) qstnaireID (FK) responseDateTime interviewLang tblRespons...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

Meeting tracking info shows "none".
Environment: All Windows 2003 (server), Exchange 2003, XP, and Office 2003 (latest service packs and updates for all). We have a user that isn't seeing any response information under the tracking tab of a meeting they've created. It just says "none" and never updates, even though several users had already accepted. The problem still happens on other PC's where i create his profile. If i create my own profile on any of these same PC's, it works fine. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance. Is your client OPENING the responses that he receives? Does your client ha...

Error sending info fill in form.
I made a site with a fill in form and the info will be send by email to me. I works fine when in publisher, but after uploading on the webserver I get the 404 error. This is the address at that moment: http://www.ctrackindonesia.com/index_files/--WEBBOT-SELF-- (try at www.ctrackindonesia.com) Bart Publisher 2003 Here is an article that might help: http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx DavidF "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139179932.188307.303040@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I made a site with a fill in form ...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

ACC2003/2007: Unbound Form>Class Module
Looking for some input on best practices for dealing with unbound forms for manipulating data through class modules. Specifically, I am interested in the best practice for trapping nulls and empty strings. My latest version casts all variables in the class as variants and uses an Nz function prior to writing to the table. For Text fields, I am changing nulls to empty strings and for numeric fields, I am changing nulls to zeros. I am aware of several different approaches to this problem but am looking for some insight into what the "Best" solution is for this scenario. T...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...