keeping cell formatting

Hello,

I have formatted an excel spreadsheet (changed cell widths and height
etc...)

I would like to retain this formatting when i copy this spreadsheet t
other sheets. How can I do this?

As it is now, I have to change each cell manually each time I copy th
spreadsheet template to another sheet.

Thanks in advance
aladdi

I just experimented with this and as far as I can tell, Width is attached to the column and height attached to the row. So, if you want to copy and paste data and maitain cell width and height, you may have to select whole rows and columns
If I select columns, then column width survives the copy and paste. Same with row height. If I copy and paste the whole sheet, both height and width are preserved
Macro solutions could also help--here's a couple things you could try
Make sure the cells are selected for this method--If you always need an exact height and width for cells, here's one way to do it (just substitue the numbers you need for 12 and 18)

Sub ConstantHeightWidth(

    With selection.Selec
    selection.ColumnWidth = 1
    selection.RowHeight = 1
    End Wit
End Su

If you find that you are constantly altering row height and column width to different values, you can use the following macro after you copy and past--as long as you still have the cells selected. It will ask you to type the width and height you require

Sub ChangeWidthandHeight(

    Dim iptresult1 As Strin
    Dim iptresult2 As Strin

    With selection.Selec
    iptresult1 = InputBox("Type Column Width"
    selection.ColumnWidth = iptresult
    iptresult2 = InputBox("Type Row Height"
    selection.RowHeight = iptresult
    End Wit
End Su

anonymous (74727)

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Selecting cell with mouse
Hi, Excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet that allows me to move to cells locked or unlocked with the cursor but doesn't allow me to use the mouse. I'd thought that the range of what could be selected had been restricted using vba but this isn't the case, I've opened the file and disabled vba and still can't select the unlocked cells with the mouse. If I unprotect the worksheet, then all works as expected. I'm at a loss! Any pointed most welcome. Rob I've never seen excel allow you to select a cell with the arrow keys, but not the mouse. My first thought w...

Cell color change referencing the date in designated cell
HI, How can I have fill color of cell change according to due date. In example, red overdue, green - on time, black complete. Thanks, K Use Conditional Formatting. You'll need to determine what is Overdue, On-time and Complete Read up on the help and come back for specific help Regards Trevor "Klonja" <plunti@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a18370dd.0401251510.2f990e0f@posting.google.com... > HI, > > How can I have fill color of cell change according to due date. In > example, red overdue, green - on time, black complete. > > Thanks, K Hi Cl...

Use a cell's value as row number for another cell in Excel
Excel XP: I'm trying to use the values in one row of cells (D1:F1) as the reference for the row value for a different series of cells (D2:F4). For example: Column A B C D E F Row 1 1000 30 170 1 2 3 2 1500 60 190 3 1200 20 175 I want to get the following cells to equal: D2=1000 (In other words: D2 = A1); D3=30 (In other words: F2 = B1); E2=1500 (In other words: E2 = A2); E3=60 (In other words: F2 = B2); F2=1200 (In other words: F2 = A3); F3=20 ...

how to enter a value, and have it SUMMED with the existing cell co
An Excel cell contains, say= 4. How do you enter, say=2, and have the result = 6? (not COPYING and Paste As ...) ...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

copying cells #2
In cell A1 sheet1 I have a number which lets say represents a code for a specific shape that i have allready drawn in cell B1 in sheet2.Can you please tell me what kind of instruction i can give to cell B1,sheet1,so that i can get that shape from cell B1 sheet2 into B1 sheet1? How about putting those shapes on Sheet1 and hide them. Then you could have a macro unhide the one you want. J.E. McGimpsey shares this in a macro at his site: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcrit...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

cell content
How do I get the content of list box? I clicked the cell after = sign to display the content, but it displayed 0. ...

custom a cell
How do make that when I enter 1234 its should come out 12.3 -- shlom ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shlomo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1530 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=34680 Format > Cell > Number > change decimal and symbol -- Cissy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cissy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20107 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Flashing cell contents
Hello All, Using Excel XP. Is it possible for certain text or numbers to flash or blink? For example, if any numbers in A1:A10 has a value of 100 or more I would like the number to flash or blink. Thank you for any help, Michael Hi Michael. Not possible. Most people would hate it if spreadsheets flashed or blinked, and if I use all my available empathy I believe I could understand them. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Mike" <windme@cox.net> wrote in message news:rJ6zb.76747$xV6.18222@lakeread04... > Hello All, > > Using Excel X...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

Cell Spacing Problem
Hi All, I'm having a problem with a file that's used around our office fo record keeping. On everyone else's computer (running Win2K and Offic 2000), the file fits on one page and looks fine when printed. O another computer (running WinXP and Office 2000) it also looks/print fine. This brings me to my computer (IBM Thinkpad T41) running (WinXP). Originally I installed Office 2003 and when I opened the file tha everyone else used, it no longer fit on 1 page. I double checked th margins and column widths and they were all the same. But visuall speaking, it was obvious that my c...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...

Formatting Date in Header or Footer
How can I change the default date format (8/18/2004) in the header/footer to a different date format (18-Sep-04)? Is there a way without using VBA? Thanks Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Emile Zac" <emilezac@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u16wacYhEHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can I change the default date format (8/18/2004) in the header/footer to > a different date format (18-Sep-04)? Is there a way without using VBA? > > Thanks > > ...

skip cells with zero values in chart (cells not empty)
I don't want to display zeros in my line chart. The cells are not empty - they contain a formula. I have used a simple if statement to hide a zero value - however the chart is still showing the datapoint as zero. What does your IF statement produce? If it gives an empty string "", then it will be treated as zero. Change the "" to NA(). If you want to hide the NA() values in the worksheet, you can do that by conditional formatting. -- David Biddulph "jhall@ifox" <jhall@ifox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DFD839D-40AD-4696-B...

finding a cell of a particular color
Hi, I would like to make a SUMIF on cells formatted is some ways (font, background color, character color, ...) So it would only sum the cells that are written in dark blue for example. I hav searched but didn't find any function to test that, but I know there should be one because I can make a 'FIND' on those cells. Of course I'll have to know the color codes or names .. Thanks for your help, Xavier see response in programming -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &qu...

Conditional formatting of an entire row based on a cell text entry
Hi everyone, I would like to use conditional formatting on a table that is 8 columns wide and 50 rows high. What I would like to do is colour all rows that have an X in column D or E. This is what I tried The formula is =A1="x" This colours only the cells where there is an X. What I would like is the entire row or rows to be coloured. Thanks for your efforts Gilles Try setting to The formula is =OR($D1="X",$E1="X") The mixed reference will allow you to copy this to your entire table, keeping the references fixed to column D or E of the current row. &qu...

how to keep text with next paragraph
"Church Mouse" wrote: > What is the problem? Version? ...

Formula refers to empty cells even when cells contains data
I have a worksheet with link to external data source. The option is enabled to ask me to enable auto refresh or disable auto refresh. I have used 'Sumif' and 'vlookup' function to calculate certain values. Now, even when the data is available in cells, the error checking option shows me a little green flag with error as 'Formula refers to empty cells'. I do not understand why the error is coming. There is another problem in the worksheet that is even when i disable auto refresh i still change my values that was there when i saved the worksheet last ...