Keep getting message that excel has encountered a problem

I am using excel 97 on windows xp and when i click tools,
then options, i keep getting a message that microsoft
excel has encountered a problem and must close.  help!!!
0
kandurin (1)

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Excel 97 not saving
I have a user on WinXP / Office 97. User states that sporatically, she is unable to save an Excel file on either her hard drive or the network drive. These files have macros in them, and up until she was upgraded to XP and began using macros, she had no problems saving. The only error being reported is "Document could not be saved." In her latest email to me she writes: Please note that the problem is intermittent and I do not know what is triggering the problem other than it has only happened since I started using XP and files with Macros. I have seen documentation that a...

Duplicate records in Excel
How do I highliht duplicate records in Excel? I created a data base in Excel, and discovered that there are duplicate tag numbers from the old paper work I'm pulling data off of. So I'm looking for a way to get Excel to find those duplicate records and highlight the rows they are in. Sheidsa, have a look here http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Sheidsa" <She...

Excel Type Rounding
Hello, Am using A2k. Want to round numbers to thousands. With Excel I use Round(number, -3) for this. However, dont know how to do it with Access standard Round() function. The same syntax produces an error with Access. Pls Help For example, I want 125,232 to be displayed as 125,000 and 125,832 to be displayed as 126,000 TIA Anand Anand - Try this: Round([AmountToRound]/1000,0)*1000 -- Daryl S "Anand" wrote: > Hello, > Am using A2k. Want to round numbers to thousands. With Excel I use > Round(number, -3) for this. However, dont know ho...

Windows update problem. Clueless
Here is my windowsupdate.log for today, I cannot connect to windowsupdate website period. Not sure what is going on. Can someone help me decode this nonsense? 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ############# 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 678 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: Regulation Refresh [Svc: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}] *********** 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 678 DnldMgr Contacting regulation server for 20 updates. 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ######### 2010-05-25 17:20:51:687 1484 ...

Excel File Opening Via Hyperlink
What do I need to do within an Excel document to have it open in print preview mode when the Intranet link to this file is clicked? Thank you. Put this one line Macro in the ThisWorkbook code area: Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200723 ...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Access 2 Excel
I exported an annual worklist from an Access table to Excel. There is column for tasks, one for frequency (TD, D, TW, W, TM, M, Q, SA, A twice daily, daily, twice monthly, etc) and a column for each month. The month columns have the same coded data as the frequency colum depending on when the task is done. The problem is that I tried to make a pivot table to count how man tasks (by frequency type) are done each month. Excel is counting th empty cells as if they had data. Search and replace doesn't work. even tried replacing the blank data in Access with ~ and re-exportin it. Ex...

Organizing standard email messages
I have several dozen emails that I send out to my clients each week. A typical email will say something like, "This week you had no blah, blah, blah." Or it might say, "This month you had 15 blah, blah, blah and you can see them in the attached file." I use a standard signature file so my contact info is always there and always current. I currently keep a folder of generic messages like this and each week I pick the appropriate message, change a date in the text, attach the current file and send. This works fine but I can't help but wonder if somebody else has a ...

Use a cell's value as row number for another cell in Excel
Excel XP: I'm trying to use the values in one row of cells (D1:F1) as the reference for the row value for a different series of cells (D2:F4). For example: Column A B C D E F Row 1 1000 30 170 1 2 3 2 1500 60 190 3 1200 20 175 I want to get the following cells to equal: D2=1000 (In other words: D2 = A1); D3=30 (In other words: F2 = B1); E2=1500 (In other words: E2 = A2); E3=60 (In other words: F2 = B2); F2=1200 (In other words: F2 = A3); F3=20 ...

getting date and time information- Masking?
I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds - yet keep the hour and am/pm how do I do that? 1:00:05 PM 1:00:10 PM 1:00:17 PM 1:00:37 PM 1:00:44 PM 1:00:47 PM 1:00:50 PM 1:00:55 PM 1:00:57 PM 1:00:58 PM 1:01:02 PM -- Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com =HOUR(a1)/24 (format as time including AM/PM) If I understand what you mean by mask. Brent Hauver wrote: > > I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds - > yet keep the hour...

Problem with message routing between EXCH2K and EX2K3
We are running a ver simply Exchange topology, with an Exchange 2000 single server (ServerA) acting as "dumb" Information Store. Incoming and outbound SMTP email is relayed through a Linux based SMTP host relay on the same subnet, which handles all domain lookups for mail routing. ServerA is configured to use to the Linux SMTP server as it's smart host. The domain is a native Windows 2003 AD topology. My problem is the following: I have recently added a new Exchange 2003 Server (ServerB) into our Exchange site topology. If I create a user (UserA) on ServerA and then do a...

Excel with Macros
I have protected a worksheet with macros and when I try an run them I get "run time error 1004" I need to able to protect the sheet from alterations by others. What is the error and how do I fix it? regds Hi depending on the macro actions you may have to unprotect the sheet at the beginning of your macro and protect it again at the end of the run -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rajesh wrote: > I have protected a worksheet with macros and when I try an > run them I get "run time error 1004" I need to able to > protect the sheet from alterations by ...

I cant get my email through aol on outlook
I set up my accounts while using outlook but I cant send emails, or recieve any emails without going to other on line sites such as aol, hotmail, I have checked and re-checked but still unable to send or recieve any emails Need more info - what version of OUTLOOK ? This should work OK with any version. the AOL site gives help on how to do this showing you the names of your servers. It is IMAP mail. Hotmail is HTTP mail, and again the Hotmail site has help on how to do this. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices ...

Not getting mail from one domain
We have an Exchange 2003 server, sp1, not using IMF. We are unable to receive mail from a user from another company. (One company only) We delete all messages that contain virus's, and block messages with some attachments. I get all notifications when this occurs. I have had all ndr forwarded to me. but I dont see his emails coming to us. We sent an email to him and asked him to reply, and still we do not see the message. I had him send to both my work address and home address, I recieved the message from my home address, but not at work. I looked in the message tracker and ...

Menu Accelerator problems
Hi I have a Menu same in my application as any standat menu with File, Edit options etc. But when i click ALT + F menu Item File is not Getting Highlighted and pops down. when only ALT is pressed menu item is getting underline for F but not gets highligted. i tried overriding WM_SYSCHAR and returning DefWindProc() inside this but still not working. Ihave added all require things like &File and entry in Accelerator table etc... I think for topmost item in the menu bar we don't have to give any accelarator. and also as per my knowledge we dnt have to override WM_SYS CHAR Any Soluti...

Launch application from Outlook message
Hi I'm trying to send messages to users (from Access VBA), with a link to an application on their systems. Currently I'm sending the following: Please click <a href="C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe N:\Library2000\LaunchPhotos.js CN0519 2409">here</a> to open the form. As you can see, there are a few command-line parameters, and this is where I'm running into difficulty. <a href="C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe"> works perfectly (Windows Script Host opens when the user clicks the link) but once I add parameters, Outlook gets confused: Cannot...

y-axis titles get cut off
I've been having this problem since I got my laptop, which came with th trial version of Office 2003. When I make a graph in Excel, and I typ in the title for the y-axis, and depending how long it is, the las section of the title gets cut off. When I go to print preview, it look fine, and when I go to print it, it prints out fine, but in th spreasheet, the last part of the y-axis title gets cut off, and i really annoys me. So, I thought it was just a problem with the tria version, but yesterday, I bought a key for the full version, and i still does it. Does anyone know why this happens, a...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Email configuration problem #2
This is a repost of a note from a couple of days ago that got no replys. I'll try one more time befor I give up. Thanks for understanding. ********************************************* Outlook 2000. Is there a setting that I can have the email folders/subfolders expanded permanently so I don't have to go back & click on the + sign? -- Thanks in advance... Bob I assume if yr folders are expanded and you close OL, on reopening the folders are 'minimised' It works fine on my OL2k - folders expanded - cannot I'm afraid remember why, I do have a custom view set alltho...

Message Tracking Center?
Is it possible to export the list of information that you get from the Message Tracking Center? I need to send a list of emails that was sent from a specific user during a date range. Win2003 Server/Exchange 2003 sp2 The message tracking log files are text files. If you can write code, you could develop a script to pull what you want out of them. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote in message news:O84nkXgpGHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to...

Problem in associating a file extension
Hello everybody I'm working on a project built by Visual C++6.0 MFC and have to associate files with my release. The application runs well in my computer. But when it is installed in other machines, Windows error occurs when I try to open associated files by mouse double clicks.A message Dialog reports "Windows canno find file ...".Then the application starts with no document. I have modified the regedit but the bug remains. Could somebody give me an suggestion ? Thank you in advance! >Hello everybody > I'm working on a project built by Visual C++6.0 MFC and have ...

How do I get Outlook to refresh my inbox more frequently?
My old OE refreshed my inbox automatically, and this new version on my XP isn't. Any tips on how to get it to refresh on it's own? Thx! No way to answer until you provide your Outlook version, mail account type and connection type. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "MrsHMLong@hotmail.com" <MrsHMLong@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD237E1D-7DBA-42D7-8978-645BA417C4D0@microsoft.com... > My old OE refreshed my inbox automatically, and this new version on my XP > isn't. Any tips on how to get it to refresh on it's own? > ...