Joining text with a formula in cell

Does anybody know how to change the decimal places after using &"*"
Even if the cell is set to 2 decimal places it will show the ful
amount of decimals in the sum then the *. Might be something simple bu
if so I cant see the wood for the tress

--
Mustard Hea
Mustard Head's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1630

Hi

i saw your last post 30mins or so ago and didn't really understand that one
either ...
what do you have in the cell (formula & value) and what do you want to see?

the ROUND function is used to control the number of decimal places returned
by a formula so maybe
=ROUND(your_formula,2) might work.

Cheers
JulieD

"Mustard Head" <Mustard.Head.1fihfy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Does anybody know how to change the decimal places after using &"*"?
> Even if the cell is set to 2 decimal places it will show the full
> amount of decimals in the sum then the *. Might be something simple but
> if so I cant see the wood for the tress.
>

> --
> Mustard Head
> Mustard Head's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16309
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277001

0
JulieD1 (2295)
11/10/2004 3:31:56 PM
Hi
=TEXT(A1,"0.00") & "*"
maybe

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Mustard Head" <Mustard.Head.1fihfy@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:Mustard.Head.1fihfy@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Does anybody know how to change the decimal places after using &"*"?
> Even if the cell is set to 2 decimal places it will show the full
> amount of decimals in the sum then the *. Might be something simple
but
> if so I cant see the wood for the tress.
>

> --
> Mustard Head
---
> Mustard Head's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16309
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

Doing joIn with REGEXP? (MySQL)
Hi Im working with MySQL. I have similar data in 2 different schemas Im trying to relate. This particular example relates to US states being stored differently in both systems. So, say I have the 2 tables as follows: STATE_1 ----------------- | ID | STATE | ----------------- | 1 | AL | | 2 | AK | | 3 | AS | ................. STATE_2 ------------ | STATE | ------------ | US-AL | | US-AS | | US-AK | ............ I want to get the STATE_1.ID value where the STATE fields are equal. Note that STATE_2.STATE values are the same as those in ...

plain text #5
Can I set Outlook to "read" "all" new messages in plain text, instead of HTML. I know there is a feature like this in outlook express but I need one in Microsoft Outlook. Jacob On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:42:15 -0400, "Jacob" <info@kohn.ca> wrote: >Can I set Outlook to "read" "all" new messages in plain text, instead of >HTML. I know there is a feature like this in outlook express but I need one >in Microsoft Outlook. > What version of Outlook? -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 ...

better to filter on join or where clause
If you have something in your where clause that could be put in the inner join would it be better there? SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key Where b.status <> 15 and b.status <> 20 or SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key and b.status not in (15,20) Any difference? Thanks, Tom There is no difference when using inner join. The optimizer will generate the same execution plan. It is more a preference/style of writing queries. I prefer to place filters in WHERE and leave only join predicates in the ON clause: SELECT ...

Text Effects
Dear, How can I get a text effects-animation(flashing) on some of the cells in Excel. (Like MSword used to have text effects-animation) pls help Regards APK ...

sorting with a formula
I am a teacher working with EXCEL. I have a list - 3 classes each alphabetical, but not with final grades. I want a list - 1 list with grade and then alphabetical listing. I am trying to set this up before the final grades are list (and subject to change). The original list has last name (A), first name (B), student ID (C), class 9 thru 12 (D), and I want to put the average in (E). I am copying CTRL-C and CTRL-V from A-D and moving to G-J and then I tried in cell K3 the formula =E3 and dragged that down thru the column. When I sorted G thru K based on J and A and B the K column st...

Outlook attachments and text error
Where do I go to check and correct a problem with the attachment. I cant attach a file. Also others can read my text in the email I send, but I cant read emails from others. Why? What do I need to do ? 1. Post your Outlook version. 2. Tell us what you did just prior to this not working 3. Not assume that we all know what you are talking about - a few more details is better than posting just enough to get our curiosity going. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sen...

Formula's don't link after a file name changes
I am trying to simplify our server�s database but, unfortunately, hav run into problems. Here is what I am trying to do: 1. Have a main folder that will contain a sub-folder for each of ou departments. I.e. Accounting, Engineering, etc. 2. Have an excel spreadsheet (Booking Report) in the main folder whic will have the pertinent job information in it. I.e. Job Name, Owner� Name, Contact info, etc. 3. The spreadsheets in the sub-folders will gather the data from th Booking Report, thus saving time from the redundancy of typing the dat multiple times. 4. I would like one of these main folde...

sumif concatenate formula
I have 3 cells in a row. We'll call them cell 1, 2 & 3. I need a formula in cell 3 that is based on what is in cells 1 and 2. Example: 1 - If there is a letter "A" in cell 1 or 2, then concatenate cells 1 and 2 in cell 3. 2 - If there is number in cell 1 and 2, then sum cells 1 and 2 in cell 3. Thanks for your help. Rob On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:45:03 -0700, Robb27 <Robb27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 3 cells in a row. We'll call them cell 1, 2 & 3. I need a formula in >cell 3 that is based on what is in cells 1 and 2. Examp...

Text Boxes moving in document
Publisher text boxes move when a document is opened by another user on our network. How can I stop this? I fear this is a structural problem. See e.g. www.therapietips.nl. It's in Dutch but you will see a text box moving upon opening the browser. (You can check out the tool with which a site is made by looking at the code) In my own site I am working on now I am trying to use one text box and use images of other texts. I am also experimenting with saving Word documents as hypertext The problem I have is that I want a editor with which you can make quick examples of websites. ...

Adding the date when another cell is set to Bet.
I'm trying to figure out a way to get today's date entereind into Cell D(whatever) when F (whatever) is set to Bet. I don't want to use the TODAY() funcution because I don't what the date in that cell to change when the book is closed then opened again. Thanks Steve One way is to use an event macro. When you change the value in column D to BET, have it put the date in column F. Rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this happen and select View Code. Paste this in: Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count ...

Sorting Formula
Hi all ... I am sorting a column using the formula below. Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B9"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:= _ xlYes, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom Say the cells in the column, I want to sort in ASCENDING is from B8 to B59. The cell contains names of student. But some cells contain values zero (because I used a formula in all cells in this column that will return a zero value (0) if a condition is not met). When I sort in alphabetical order (ascending), the cells with values 0 will be listed first followed by A, B, C etc. (0,0...

joining domain
hi! Is it possible to have the users rejoin xp,win7 to win2003 AD with the computer object already exist in the AD? i know that this can be done through administrator group, but can this be done by the user without adding them into the domain admain grp or accoutn operator? what's the best practice and previlege that i shd give to the support team who only need to able to join the pc into the domain? Thanks. They have to be able to delete and add. If you are talking about doing this to one machine not a real big deal but if you want folks to do this all the time it c...

Cell value depends on Combobox selection
I'm trying to create a price list using combo boxes for the user t select the number of items for each product. For each product, the user has to choose the number of items via combo box. The combo box is being filled from cells K1:K6 (through th ListFillRange in the properties), the LinkedCell in order to hold th selection output is M1. The various prices are listed in cells L1:L6. What do I need to do in order to dynamically display the product pric in a specific cell depending on the selection from the combo box? Many thanks, Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com S...

Formatting on unprotected cells
I have protected a range of cells in a worksheet. Although it is possible to enter a formula in the unlocked (unprotected) cells on the same sheet, it is not possible to reformat those cells, e.g format them as % or change the number of decimals displayed. Is there any way to allow formatting on the unlocked cells? Thanks This kind of protection was added in xl2002. The tools|protect|protect sheet has a bunch more options. There are a couple ways around it. You could copy a cell that was formatted the way you want and then edit|paste special|formats If you're developing a tool ...

Joining worksheets / outer join
I've found some spreadsheet joining discussion threads, but I haven't found one which I think is applicable... Basically, I have 5 worksheets in an Excel file to be used as a mail merge. Each worksheet has lists of companies and the industries that they handle. Some companies have offices at different addresses, which should remain as seperate rows. Some companies handle more than one industry and are thus in more than one worksheet. Some of the companies have one business contact for all industries, some have seperate business contacts. I want one worksheet, which merges data from...

saving default value for a text box
I'm using a text box for notes (it's not associated with any tables). When user entered some text there I'd like that this text would appear on the next time when user would open this form. I'm trying to use the following: Private Sub PrintHeaderText_AfterUpdate() Dim new_text As String new_text = Me.PrintHeaderText Me.PrintHeaderText.DefaultValue = "'" & new_text & "'" End Sub .... and the following code: Private Sub CloseButton_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Form.Name, acSaveYes End Sub But when I open the form again ...

Formula printout (excel 2000)
Can I make an automatic printout of all the formulas I used with E... Hi goto 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Formulas'. Now print your sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Stievie123" <Stievie123@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F5F00ACB-0FF2-4D84-BEAB-5C9AC3B2A120@microsoft.com... > Can I make an automatic printout of all the formulas I used with E... ...

Line breaks and plain text in Outlook 2002
As has been documented, Microsoft removed the option to encode in Quoted Printable in Outlook 2002. Does somebody know why this was done? Outlook is quite a robust program with many uses. One of these is e-mailing. For the high price of Outlook, I would expect that the user should get many options and many customizable features (it amazes me that one cannot customize the head of the original message when quoted in a reply, for example). I would also expect from Outlook something very basic, and that is the ability to communicate without line breaks. It is quite ironic that MS removes quoted pr...

Too many different cell formats #10
Dear All I have a quite big excel and i am trying to make some changes in format and i receive the message "Too many different cell format" Probably i have many different cell formats. From where i can set up the format in order to know what must be the format of the excel file? I need away to identify the format from all sheets in order to give to the all sheets as common format as i can. Any ideas? ...

Query Join
Hello, I need your assistance as I am a beginner with MS Access 2007. Please review the SQL and hope it makes sense. I am trying to capture all records from 2010 AOP even if there is none from SAP GL side. It seems to work with SAP GL, but not all of the AOP side. What am I missing? Not sure how to fix. SELECT [DC Conversion].DC, [2010 AOPII with Benefits].DC, [2010 AOPII with Benefits].[SAP GL], [Category conversion].Category, [SAP P4 GL].[COST ELEMENT], [Category conversion].[Cost Element Name], Sum([SAP P4 GL].P4) AS SumOfP4, [2010 AOPII with Benefits].P4 FROM [2...

Separate Date from a Text String
The data that I have looks like this: [10/24/10 11:45PM] And I would like to just get the date like this: 10/24/10 Is there any way to do this in Excel with a formula? Thanks!! Sara hi assuming your text string is in A2,try this formula, =MID(A2,2,8) regards FSt1 "Sara" wrote: > The data that I have looks like this: > [10/24/10 11:45PM] > > And I would like to just get the date like this: > > 10/24/10 > > Is there any way to do this in Excel with a formula? > > Thanks!! > > Sara One way... A1 = [...

How do I show only part of a cell?
I have a lot of text in one cell. Is it possible for me to show only the first line, and then put a symbol or something that shows all the other text when the cursor touches it? Would using a comment give you what your looking for? Rgds, ScottO "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8902C125-2ED8-4FD0-B239-797A27DCE8D6@microsoft.com... | I have a lot of text in one cell. Is it possible for me to show only the | first line, and then put a symbol or something that shows all the other text | when the cursor touches it? Maybe... I put a button fr...

Printing long formulas
On 2004-February-Friday - 14:22:01 wa 69-144-224-231.client.bresnan.net ( Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSI 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ) with the following I 69.144.224.231 on your boar ...

How do I trace which cell a #REF! error pointed to?
I maintain some spreadsheets containing formulae like this:- =IF(OR(AN135="",AN135="-"),"-",IF(RIGHT(AN135,2)="OR","-",LOOKUP(AN135,Crib!$A$1:$A$272,Crib!$B$1:$B$272))). The cells containing the formulae are locked, and protection is normally turned on. Most of the time, the spreadsheets work fine, but occasionally, the user reports a #REF! error, and when I take a look, sure enough, somehow one of these formulae has been replaced by a version that must (I guess) be pointing to a non-valid cell. The error version appears like this - =I...

Blinking text
Hello, Does anyone know how to make the text blink in Excel sheets? Thanks for your help! Aimee Hi though this is possible (search Google for 'blinking cell') I' strongly suggest not to do this: - all solutions involve the usage of the OnTime method in VBA and will slow down Excel - blinking cells have nothing to do with serious spreadsheets :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Aimee wrote: > Hello, > Does anyone know how to make the text blink in Excel sheets? > Thanks for your help! > Aimee Use Conditional Formating instead. You can make the text B...