It's me again!! Error message.

Ok...I asked for some help Sunday evening, and received some VALUABLE
information which helped with my problem getting Excel to do what I wanted it
to do.

Now when I open my program this morning, and I'm getting an error message
reading:

"Macros are disable because the security level is set to High and a
digitally signed Trust Certificate is not attached to the macros.  To run the
macros, change the security level to a lower setting (not recommended), or
request the macors be signed by the author using a certificate issued by a
Certificate Authority."

I can click "OK" and it goes away.  Then I go to Tools; Macro; Security; and
change the security setting to Medium.  I close my Excel program, and reopen
it (with all other applications closed), and I get a new errormessage that
reads:

"'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\January.xls' contains macros.
Macros may contain viruses.  It is usually safe to disable macros, but if
the macros are legitimate, you might lose some functionality."

I can choose to 'Disable Macros' or 'Enable Macros'.....

Do you have any ideas what this means, and what i can do to make the error
messages go away completely?!

Any feedback would be greatly apprecited!!!
Pgsmom

0
Pgsmom (9)

these are not error messages. they are warnings.
no, you cannot disable them. they are hard coded into
excel.
on the second message, click enable macros. this will
allow you to run your macros.
(if you click disable, your macros will not run.)

0
anonymous (74722)
1/11/2005 3:57:41 PM
Mom,

It's not an error.  It's just letting you know that there are macros
(programs) in the workbook.  The macro programming language is powerful
enough that someone could have written something malevolent, like destroy
data and/or propagate itself to other computers via the internet (a virus).
You have to decide whether to let the macros run or not.  If you know who
created the workbook (not just who gave it to you), you can best make this
decision.

If you're wrong, you may wind up in another dimension.  One without the
internet.  If we never hear from you again, we'll know what happened.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"Pgsmom" <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok...I asked for some help Sunday evening, and received some VALUABLE
> information which helped with my problem getting Excel to do what I wanted
> it
> to do.
>
> Now when I open my program this morning, and I'm getting an error message
> reading:
>
> "Macros are disable because the security level is set to High and a
> digitally signed Trust Certificate is not attached to the macros.  To run
> the
> macros, change the security level to a lower setting (not recommended), or
> request the macors be signed by the author using a certificate issued by a
> Certificate Authority."
>
> I can click "OK" and it goes away.  Then I go to Tools; Macro; Security;
> and
> change the security setting to Medium.  I close my Excel program, and
> reopen
> it (with all other applications closed), and I get a new errormessage that
> reads:
>
> "'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\January.xls' contains macros.
> Macros may contain viruses.  It is usually safe to disable macros, but if
> the macros are legitimate, you might lose some functionality."
>
> I can choose to 'Disable Macros' or 'Enable Macros'.....
>
> Do you have any ideas what this means, and what i can do to make the error
> messages go away completely?!
>
> Any feedback would be greatly apprecited!!!
> Pgsmom

0
nothanks4548 (968)
1/11/2005 4:17:45 PM
Well....hmmmm.......

Ok....thanks!!

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

> Mom,
>
> It's not an error.  It's just letting you know that there are macros
> (programs) in the workbook.  The macro programming language is powerful
> enough that someone could have written something malevolent, like destroy
> data and/or propagate itself to other computers via the internet (a virus).
> You have to decide whether to let the macros run or not.  If you know who
> created the workbook (not just who gave it to you), you can best make this
> decision.
>
> If you're wrong, you may wind up in another dimension.  One without the
> internet.  If we never hear from you again, we'll know what happened.
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>
> "Pgsmom" <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok...I asked for some help Sunday evening, and received some VALUABLE
> > information which helped with my problem getting Excel to do what I wanted
> > it
> > to do.
> >
> > Now when I open my program this morning, and I'm getting an error message
> > reading:
> >
> > "Macros are disable because the security level is set to High and a
> > digitally signed Trust Certificate is not attached to the macros.  To run
> > the
> > macros, change the security level to a lower setting (not recommended), or
> > request the macors be signed by the author using a certificate issued by a
> > Certificate Authority."
> >
> > I can click "OK" and it goes away.  Then I go to Tools; Macro; Security;
> > and
> > change the security setting to Medium.  I close my Excel program, and
> > reopen
> > it (with all other applications closed), and I get a new errormessage that
> > reads:
> >
> > "'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\January.xls' contains macros.
> > Macros may contain viruses.  It is usually safe to disable macros, but if
> > the macros are legitimate, you might lose some functionality."
> >
> > I can choose to 'Disable Macros' or 'Enable Macros'.....
> >
> > Do you have any ideas what this means, and what i can do to make the error
> > messages go away completely?!
> >
> > Any feedback would be greatly apprecited!!!
> > Pgsmom

0
Pgsmom (9)
1/11/2005 5:11:04 PM
To get rid of the message completely you can set your macro security to "low"
which I do not recommend.

If for your own use, SelfCert can be used to generate a digital certificate
that will be good on your computer.

See Help on "digital" and select "create your own digital certificates"

Once created, it will be available in Visual Basic Editor>Tools>Digital
Certificate.

With your workbook open add the DC to it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:51:07 -0800, Pgsmom <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Ok...I asked for some help Sunday evening, and received some VALUABLE
>information which helped with my problem getting Excel to do what I wanted it
>to do.
>
>Now when I open my program this morning, and I'm getting an error message
>reading:
>
>"Macros are disable because the security level is set to High and a
>digitally signed Trust Certificate is not attached to the macros.  To run the
>macros, change the security level to a lower setting (not recommended), or
>request the macors be signed by the author using a certificate issued by a
>Certificate Authority."
>
>I can click "OK" and it goes away.  Then I go to Tools; Macro; Security; and
>change the security setting to Medium.  I close my Excel program, and reopen
>it (with all other applications closed), and I get a new errormessage that
>reads:
>
>"'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\January.xls' contains macros.
>Macros may contain viruses.  It is usually safe to disable macros, but if
>the macros are legitimate, you might lose some functionality."
>
>I can choose to 'Disable Macros' or 'Enable Macros'.....
>
>Do you have any ideas what this means, and what i can do to make the error
>messages go away completely?!
>
>Any feedback would be greatly apprecited!!!
>Pgsmom

0
Gord
1/11/2005 6:09:06 PM
Ok....I received the following formula from Mr.Jason Morin Sunday night
(Messing entitled: "Adding cells, using text as number:"

Dim aCtr As Range
Dim cCtr As Range
Set aCtr = Range("B6")
Set cCtr = Range("B8")
If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then
    With Target
        If .Value = "a" Then
            aCtr.Value = aCtr.Value + 1
        ElseIf .Value = "c" Then
            cCtr.Value = cCtr.Value + 1
        End If
    End With
End If
End Sub

I plugged it in, tweaked it, and added a little to make it work for me
(....and it has), and I come in this morning with the error message.  Then I
get told that it could possibly inbed a virus and send me from the face of
the earth screaming, "Why Me?!?!"

Do you think this code could posess those powers?!  I'm not real "hip" to
all the language above.  I think I figured out what most of it means, but
that doesn't mean I'm right!!  Do you think I would be safe in creating this
certificate?!  Or do you think I'm going to end up sinking into a pit of
despair?!

Thank you for all your help!!!
Mom

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> To get rid of the message completely you can set your macro security to "low"
> which I do not recommend.
>

> If for your own use, SelfCert can be used to generate a digital certificate
> that will be good on your computer.
>
> See Help on "digital" and select "create your own digital certificates"
>
> Once created, it will be available in Visual Basic Editor>Tools>Digital
> Certificate.
>
> With your workbook open add the DC to it.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:51:07 -0800, Pgsmom <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Ok...I asked for some help Sunday evening, and received some VALUABLE
> >information which helped with my problem getting Excel to do what I wanted it
> >to do.
> >
> >Now when I open my program this morning, and I'm getting an error message
> >reading:
> >
> >"Macros are disable because the security level is set to High and a
> >digitally signed Trust Certificate is not attached to the macros.  To run the
> >macros, change the security level to a lower setting (not recommended), or
> >request the macors be signed by the author using a certificate issued by a
> >Certificate Authority."
> >
> >I can click "OK" and it goes away.  Then I go to Tools; Macro; Security; and
> >change the security setting to Medium.  I close my Excel program, and reopen
> >it (with all other applications closed), and I get a new errormessage that
> >reads:
> >
> >"'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\January.xls' contains macros.
> >Macros may contain viruses.  It is usually safe to disable macros, but if
> >the macros are legitimate, you might lose some functionality."
> >
> >I can choose to 'Disable Macros' or 'Enable Macros'.....
> >
> >Do you have any ideas what this means, and what i can do to make the error
> >messages go away completely?!
> >
> >Any feedback would be greatly apprecited!!!
> >Pgsmom

0
Pgsmom (9)
1/11/2005 7:39:02 PM
Also.....

If I'm wanting to share this particular spreadsheet with someone else, on
their computer, can they open it if I create this certificate?!

Thanks again!!
Mom

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> To get rid of the message completely you can set your macro security to "low"
> which I do not recommend.
>

> If for your own use, SelfCert can be used to generate a digital certificate
> that will be good on your computer.
>
> See Help on "digital" and select "create your own digital certificates"
>
> Once created, it will be available in Visual Basic Editor>Tools>Digital
> Certificate.
>
> With your workbook open add the DC to it.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:51:07 -0800, Pgsmom <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Ok...I asked for some help Sunday evening, and received some VALUABLE
> >information which helped with my problem getting Excel to do what I wanted it
> >to do.
> >
> >Now when I open my program this morning, and I'm getting an error message
> >reading:
> >
> >"Macros are disable because the security level is set to High and a
> >digitally signed Trust Certificate is not attached to the macros.  To run the
> >macros, change the security level to a lower setting (not recommended), or
> >request the macors be signed by the author using a certificate issued by a
> >Certificate Authority."
> >
> >I can click "OK" and it goes away.  Then I go to Tools; Macro; Security; and
> >change the security setting to Medium.  I close my Excel program, and reopen
> >it (with all other applications closed), and I get a new errormessage that
> >reads:
> >
> >"'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\January.xls' contains macros.
> >Macros may contain viruses.  It is usually safe to disable macros, but if
> >the macros are legitimate, you might lose some functionality."
> >
> >I can choose to 'Disable Macros' or 'Enable Macros'.....
> >
> >Do you have any ideas what this means, and what i can do to make the error
> >messages go away completely?!
> >
> >Any feedback would be greatly apprecited!!!
> >Pgsmom

0
Pgsmom (9)
1/11/2005 7:41:04 PM

From Help..............

Because a digital certificate you create yourself isn't issued by a formal
certification authority, macro projects signed by using such a certificate are
referred to as self-signed projects. Certificates you create yourself are
considered unauthenticated and will generate a warning in the Security Warning
box if the security level is set to High or Medium.

This from me...............

The help is incorrect when it says "certificates you create yourself are
considered unathenicated and will generate a warning".

Once created and assigned to a VBA Project you will not get the alert about
macros when security is at "medium" and you have checked "always trust this
author" first time the alert comes up.

Back to Help.................

Depending on how Microsoft Office digital-signature features are being used in
your organization, you might be prevented from using such a certificate, and
other users might not be able to run self-signed macros for security reasons.

From me again..............

Using the Microsoft Management Console you can move the certificate into the
"Trusted Sources" category and create an exportable *.CER file.

You should be able to then send the *.CER file to the other user for them to
install and use.  It is complicated and maybe not worth the effort.

Gord

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:41:04 -0800, Pgsmom <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Also.....
>
>If I'm wanting to share this particular spreadsheet with someone else, on
>their computer, can they open it if I create this certificate?!
>
>Thanks again!!
>Mom
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> To get rid of the message completely you can set your macro security to "low"
>> which I do not recommend.
>>

>> If for your own use, SelfCert can be used to generate a digital certificate
>> that will be good on your computer.
>>
>> See Help on "digital" and select "create your own digital certificates"
>>
>> Once created, it will be available in Visual Basic Editor>Tools>Digital
>> Certificate.
>>
>> With your workbook open add the DC to it.
>>
>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>
>> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:51:07 -0800, Pgsmom <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Ok...I asked for some help Sunday evening, and received some VALUABLE
>> >information which helped with my problem getting Excel to do what I wanted it
>> >to do.
>> >
>> >Now when I open my program this morning, and I'm getting an error message
>> >reading:
>> >
>> >"Macros are disable because the security level is set to High and a
>> >digitally signed Trust Certificate is not attached to the macros.  To run the
>> >macros, change the security level to a lower setting (not recommended), or
>> >request the macors be signed by the author using a certificate issued by a
>> >Certificate Authority."
>> >
>> >I can click "OK" and it goes away.  Then I go to Tools; Macro; Security; and
>> >change the security setting to Medium.  I close my Excel program, and reopen
>> >it (with all other applications closed), and I get a new errormessage that
>> >reads:
>> >
>> >"'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\January.xls' contains macros.
>> >Macros may contain viruses.  It is usually safe to disable macros, but if
>> >the macros are legitimate, you might lose some functionality."
>> >
>> >I can choose to 'Disable Macros' or 'Enable Macros'.....
>> >
>> >Do you have any ideas what this means, and what i can do to make the error
>> >messages go away completely?!
>> >
>> >Any feedback would be greatly apprecited!!!
>> >Pgsmom

0
Gord
1/11/2005 8:24:06 PM
Did I mention I'm a little slow at this?!

Ok....I found the Microsoft Management Console, but I'm having troubles
figuring out how to move my certificate into the "Trusted Sources"
catagory.....could you give me a little more step by step....I think I'm just
confusing myself....

(Thanks again for all your help!!!)
Mom

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> From Help..............
>
> Because a digital certificate you create yourself isn't issued by a formal
> certification authority, macro projects signed by using such a certificate are
> referred to as self-signed projects. Certificates you create yourself are
> considered unauthenticated and will generate a warning in the Security Warning
> box if the security level is set to High or Medium.
>
> This from me...............
>
> The help is incorrect when it says "certificates you create yourself are
> considered unathenicated and will generate a warning".
>
> Once created and assigned to a VBA Project you will not get the alert about
> macros when security is at "medium" and you have checked "always trust this
> author" first time the alert comes up.
>
> Back to Help.................
>
> Depending on how Microsoft Office digital-signature features are being used in
> your organization, you might be prevented from using such a certificate, and
> other users might not be able to run self-signed macros for security reasons.
>
> From me again..............
>
> Using the Microsoft Management Console you can move the certificate into the
> "Trusted Sources" category and create an exportable *.CER file.
>
> You should be able to then send the *.CER file to the other user for them to
> install and use.  It is complicated and maybe not worth the effort.
>

> Gord
>
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:41:04 -0800, Pgsmom <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Also.....
> >
> >If I'm wanting to share this particular spreadsheet with someone else, on
> >their computer, can they open it if I create this certificate?!
> >
> >Thanks again!!
> >Mom
> >
> >"Gord Dibben" wrote:
> >
> >> To get rid of the message completely you can set your macro security to "low"
> >> which I do not recommend.
> >>

> >> If for your own use, SelfCert can be used to generate a digital certificate
> >> that will be good on your computer.
> >>
> >> See Help on "digital" and select "create your own digital certificates"
> >>
> >> Once created, it will be available in Visual Basic Editor>Tools>Digital
> >> Certificate.
> >>
> >> With your workbook open add the DC to it.
> >>
> >> Gord Dibben Excel MVP

0
Pgsmom (9)
1/11/2005 9:07:02 PM
First you created a certificate with SelfCert and gave it a name, correct?

When you view it you see it is not authenticated, correct?

Start>Run "mmc"(no quotes)

When the console opens go to File>Add/Remove Snap-in

Select Certificates-Current User and OK.

Under Personal Certificates you will see the selfcert you created.

Drag/copy it to the Trusted Certifiicates Folder.  Ignore the warnings and
click "Yes".

Select the selfcert by name and double-click and Details>Copy File.

Choose DER encoded and keep going until you get an "Export Successful"
message.

When complete, close MMC and find the *.CER file.

Your other user will have to install this on his machine.

Double-click to open and select "install".

Open MMC and copy the *.CER from Trusted to Personal Certificates.

User will then have to open Excel and Tools>Options>Security>Digital
Certificates>Add

Then open VBEditor and assign that certificate to the workbook/project.

After all this......The certificate may or not work for user depending upon
his security settings.

As a test I can send you a small workbook with macros and a *.CER file to
install if you email me with your correct address.

Change the DOT and AT to get my email.

Gord

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:07:02 -0800, Pgsmom <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Did I mention I'm a little slow at this?!
>
>Ok....I found the Microsoft Management Console, but I'm having troubles
>figuring out how to move my certificate into the "Trusted Sources"
>catagory.....could you give me a little more step by step....I think I'm just
>confusing myself....
>
>(Thanks again for all your help!!!)
>Mom
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>

>> From Help..............
>>
>> Because a digital certificate you create yourself isn't issued by a formal
>> certification authority, macro projects signed by using such a certificate are
>> referred to as self-signed projects. Certificates you create yourself are
>> considered unauthenticated and will generate a warning in the Security Warning
>> box if the security level is set to High or Medium.
>>
>> This from me...............
>>
>> The help is incorrect when it says "certificates you create yourself are
>> considered unathenicated and will generate a warning".
>>
>> Once created and assigned to a VBA Project you will not get the alert about
>> macros when security is at "medium" and you have checked "always trust this
>> author" first time the alert comes up.
>>
>> Back to Help.................
>>
>> Depending on how Microsoft Office digital-signature features are being used in
>> your organization, you might be prevented from using such a certificate, and
>> other users might not be able to run self-signed macros for security reasons.
>>
>> From me again..............
>>
>> Using the Microsoft Management Console you can move the certificate into the
>> "Trusted Sources" category and create an exportable *.CER file.
>>
>> You should be able to then send the *.CER file to the other user for them to
>> install and use.  It is complicated and maybe not worth the effort.
>>

>> Gord
>>
>> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:41:04 -0800, Pgsmom <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Also.....
>> >
>> >If I'm wanting to share this particular spreadsheet with someone else, on
>> >their computer, can they open it if I create this certificate?!
>> >
>> >Thanks again!!
>> >Mom

0
Gord
1/11/2005 10:45:42 PM
Thank you for all your help!!!

I do think I'll pass on your workbook, although I do appreciate the offer.
I'd be a little scared, especially since I was told I could be wiped from the
face of the earth if something were "encrypted."

Thank you again for all your time and advice!!  It's been greatly
informative and appreciated!!!

Pgsmom

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> [...]
> >> considered unathenicated and will generate a warning".
> >>
> >> Once created and assigned to a VBA Project you will not get the alert about
> >> macros when security is at "medium" and you have checked "always trust this
> >> author" first time the alert comes up.
> >>
> >> Back to Help.................
> >>
> >> Depending on how Microsoft Office digital-signature features are being used in
> >> your organization, you might be prevented from using such a certificate, and
> >> other users might not be able to run self-signed macros for security reasons.
> >>
> >> From me again..............
> >>
> >> Using the Microsoft Management Console you can move the certificate into the
> >> "Trusted Sources" category and create an exportable *.CER file.
> >>
> >> You should be able to then send the *.CER file to the other user for them to
> >> install and use.  It is complicated and maybe not worth the effort.

0
Pgsmom (9)
1/12/2005 7:51:01 PM
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:51:01 -0800, Pgsmom <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thank you for all your help!!!
>
>I do think I'll pass on your workbook, although I do appreciate the offer.
>I'd be a little scared, especially since I was told I could be wiped from the
>face of the earth if something were "encrypted."
>
>Thank you again for all your time and advice!!  It's been greatly
>informative and appreciated!!!
>
>Pgsmom
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> First you created a certificate with SelfCert and gave it a name, correct?
>>
>> When you view it you see it is not authenticated, correct?
>>
>> Start>Run "mmc"(no quotes)
>>
>> When the console opens go to File>Add/Remove Snap-in
>>
>> Select Certificates-Current User and OK.
>>
>> Under Personal Certificates you will see the selfcert you created.
>>
>> Drag/copy it to the Trusted Certifiicates Folder.  Ignore the warnings and
>> click "Yes".
>>
>> Select the selfcert by name and double-click and Details>Copy File.
>>
>> Choose DER encoded and keep going until you get an "Export Successful"
>> message.
>>
>> When complete, close MMC and find the *.CER file.
>>
>> Your other user will have to install this on his machine.
>>
>> Double-click to open and select "install".
>>
>> Open MMC and copy the *.CER from Trusted to Personal Certificates.
>>
>> User will then have to open Excel and Tools>Options>Security>Digital
>> Certificates>Add
>>
>> Then open VBEditor and assign that certificate to the workbook/project.
>>
>> After all this......The certificate may or not work for user depending upon
>> his security settings.
>>
>> As a test I can send you a small workbook with macros and a *.CER file to
>> install if you email me with your correct address.
>>
>> Change the DOT and AT to get my email.
>>
>> Gord
>>

>> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:07:02 -0800, Pgsmom <Pgsmom@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Did I mention I'm a little slow at this?!
>> >
>> >Ok....I found the Microsoft Management Console, but I'm having troubles
>> >figuring out how to move my certificate into the "Trusted Sources"
>> >catagory.....could you give me a little more step by step....I think I'm just
>> >confusing myself....
>> >
>> >(Thanks again for all your help!!!)
>> >Mom

0
Gord
1/12/2005 10:09:40 PM
This message is normal to the security setting MEDIUM for macro's. If you
want to avoid any message decrease the security to LOW, its not recommend but
its either that or messages.

best regards

"Pgsmom" wrote:

> Ok...I asked for some help Sunday evening, and received some VALUABLE
> information which helped with my problem getting Excel to do what I wanted it
> to do.
>
> Now when I open my program this morning, and I'm getting an error message
> reading:
>
> "Macros are disable because the security level is set to High and a
> digitally signed Trust Certificate is not attached to the macros.  To run the
> macros, change the security level to a lower setting (not recommended), or
> request the macors be signed by the author using a certificate issued by a
> Certificate Authority."
>
> I can click "OK" and it goes away.  Then I go to Tools; Macro; Security; and
> change the security setting to Medium.  I close my Excel program, and reopen
> it (with all other applications closed), and I get a new errormessage that
> reads:
>
> "'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\January.xls' contains macros.
> Macros may contain viruses.  It is usually safe to disable macros, but if
> the macros are legitimate, you might lose some functionality."
>
> I can choose to 'Disable Macros' or 'Enable Macros'.....
>
> Do you have any ideas what this means, and what i can do to make the error
> messages go away completely?!
>
> Any feedback would be greatly apprecited!!!
> Pgsmom

0
rba (1)

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Excel Progrom Error

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Sharebuilder account import error

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message
I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50" Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am playing with this product. Thanks, Abid, You m...

Pub error
I get the following message whenever I scan photos in Corel Photopaint and copy paste into Pub 2003. Happens on all my computers. Happens after scanning about 6 pictures or so. Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete the task. There may not be enough disk space, or there may be a problem with the server program. To make more disk space available, delete some unneeded files on your hard disk. If you suspect a problem with the server program, try reinstalling it. Then try this task again. Is there a way to correct this? Scan your p...