Is this possible #4

I have 2 workbooks saved in a workspace.  One is a cash book and th
other is to analyse each column in the payment sheet of the cash book.
I am looking for a formula that will look for a value (text) in th
description column (B1) of the cash book and find the numerical valu
in the gross column (D1) of the cash book and return the numeric valu
in the analysis work book.  I would try the match function but i
returns only the position of a value and the vlookup don't seem t
work.

Please help!!!!

Vlookup might not work as desired if not sorted. So use
=vlookup(a1,b2:z200,2,false).Or use match to find the row within a column
and then use it inside an index formula instead of lookup.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"triple_juicy" <triple_juicy.yj99y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 workbooks saved in a workspace.  One is a cash book and the
> other is to analyse each column in the payment sheet of the cash book.
> I am looking for a formula that will look for a value (text) in the
> description column (B1) of the cash book and find the numerical value
> in the gross column (D1) of the cash book and return the numeric value
> in the analysis work book.  I would try the match function but it
> returns only the position of a value and the vlookup don't seem to
> work.
>
> Please help!!!!!
>

> ---

Don

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

SMSMSE 4.5 rules do not work
I have created a rule to allow specific email addresses to be received regardless of content. It is the first rule in my list. I also have a rule about 6 rules further down that block specific email addresses. I am checking to see is either or both work. If I send mail from the testing address, the blocking rules works as expected. However, when I enable the allow rule, it doesn't work. The reason I know this is the blocking rule is still capturing the test mail. Currently both rules have looging turned on for this testing. Any suggestions on what may be happening? -- diardi --------...

lost file #4
I have been using plantlist.xls for months. Today it will not open stating that a document of the same name is open & that I must close it or rename it. I have shut down Excel and restarted the computer but I get the same message. HELP! All other Excel programs open just fine. JL You may have to re-register Excel. See Debra Dalgleish's site for more info on this problem. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:10:02 -0800, "JL Ecklund" <JL Ecklund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been...

Header/Footer #4
Does anyone know of a way to put a cell value in headers and footers? need for the User name to show when they print - i can get the name i the sheet but would prefer it in the header. Thank -- LB7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1215 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26539 Put this code in the Thisworkbook code module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then Activ...

creating join with only the first 4 characters of a field
Anyone can help in creating this join in designer? the best way to join on just 4 characters is to do it in the SQL view. If you want to do it in the query design view (the grid). You can build a query on the first table with the calculated field Field: JoinThis: Left(SomeField,4) Save that query Now build a query on the second table doing the same thing Now build a query with the two saved queries as the sources and join on the two calculated fields. Alternative Build the query on the two tables and join on the fields that you need. Switch to SQL view and find the clause TableA INN...

Date and time calculations #4
Could any body advise the formula req to deduct 15Hrs from 10/12/2004 06:00 giving the result of 09/12/2004 15:00 many thanks -- Tony Hi Tony in A1 10/12/04 06:00 in B1 15:00 in C1 =A1-B1 Cheers JulieD "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67AE4DB5-8DC8-44A6-9499-D679FFEE29E1@microsoft.com... > Could any body advise the formula req to deduct 15Hrs from 10/12/2004 > 06:00 > giving the result of 09/12/2004 15:00 many thanks > -- > Tony or even ="10/12/2004 06:00"-"15:00" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from th...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Please help #4
I'm in the process of building a site packed with video tutorials on a whole range of popular software applications but need people interested in recording screen tutorials for a 50% share of the sale price of their contribution. We are selling 5 minute tutorials for about $1 US and will be giving half this sum to the tutorial author each month each time their contribution is downloaded. Email your interest to me at cd-worx[at]excite.com (obviously replace "[at]" with "@" in the email address to left) and we will email you simple instructions on how to create the 5 mi...

Work at Home- Earn $4,000 Weekly With Email Reading Jobs
Work at Home- Earn $4,000 Weekly With Email Reading Jobs Get Paid $5 For Each New Sign Ups - Easy To make Money Make More Than $200 A Day , Register Now To Start earning At http://moourl.com/lvi7k ...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Lookup problem #4
I'm trying to setup a simple spreadsheet in which I select a value from a validation list box (cell A1), and after selecting from the list in cell A1, a value is returned in cell B1 by using a the LOOKUP function. Below is an example of what my spreadsheet looks like, with the LOOKUP formula in cell B1. A B 1 Validation =LOOKUP(A1,A2:A5,B2:B5) 2 Blue Black 3 Red Brown 4 Yellow Orange 5 Green Purple The problem is that the wr...

Error Upgrade Microsoft 3.0 to 4.0
Hi everybody, I wont upgrade full function instalation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 professional to Microsoft CRM 4.0 professional. In step of upgrade Verification System Requirements failed with error Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server User Input - The "<GUID=8b05e202-0eb0-426b-bf99-4963b93e2351>" group does not exist. I tried see to log of installer, I find "Error| Check SqlAccessGroupValidator". Therefore I watch groups in AD and find group SQLAccessGroup {9cc7cd9b-bb74-4a8f-a642-a4288d2d8df9}, which is from Microsoft CRM 3.0 installation. Can you anybody help me ? T...

4 page newspaper ledger 11x14" prints p. 2 & 3 upside down to 1&4
i have just used the default settings for this. Is there settings I need to change? It would be in your print setup. Look for "flip pages up" or something similar. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EBBB741-7DBD-4895-B193-BF8C4A3B8B49@microsoft.com... >i have just used the default settings for this. Is there settings I need to > change? > ...

filters #4
Is there a way to filter columns, as well as rows? -- Bill B It is not built in. some people have made macros to do so I have been luck and had few enough rows that I could transpose and still use the standard filter. "Bill B" wrote: > Is there a way to filter columns, as well as rows? > -- > Bill B Take a look at Data|Group. It's not the same thing as Data|Filter, but it _might_ work ok for you. Bill B wrote: > > Is there a way to filter columns, as well as rows? > -- > Bill B -- Dave Peterson ...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

CRM 4 Lead-Account Relationship Mapping
We’ve created a N:N relationship for Account:Account called Affiliated Unions in CRM 4. If we create a N:1 relationship from Leads to Accounts (ie a lookup field on the Lead form to Accounts) called new_affiliated_unionid, could this field be converted to an associated Account (affiliated Union) record attached to the Account record created when the Lead is converted? Is this a standard mapping or SDK application? Your suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks, Dianne ...

Is Batch Marking Possible?
Hello, I am doing a mass mailing from Outlook. I will print 50 address labels per day. Is there a way for me to batch-mark the contacts for which I print a label? Thanks, Talal Itani ...

Money 2005 Update #4
Hello, I have a money 2005 standard edition, how i can download the update for this program to install in a computer that don't have access to the internet? Thanks. You can't. Microsoft only makes Money updates available via the program's web installer. Perhaps this is because a Money installation not connected to the Internet doesn't meet Microsoft's ad delivery objectives? "jmcs" <jcw2000@intelnet.net.gt> wrote in message news:%23I0hS%23hbGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have a money 2005 standard edition, how i can download the upda...

How to set appointment at 4:15pm instead of 4pm or 4:30pm
I can't figure out how to get Outlook to allow me to start an appointment at 4:15pm. Outlook only allows me to set the appointment at 4pm or 4:30pm. I'm using Office 2003 for Students & Teachers and WinXP professional. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Highlight the :30 with your mouse and type over :15. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www...

Any reason that file extensions can't be longer than 4 chars
I'm thinking of creating some file extensions which will be 6 or 7 characters long, or possibly even longer. Obviously I'm not concerned about supporting DOS. Does anyone know of any reason why long file extensions might be a problem? Can the Windows registry can cope with longer file extensions? The reason I ask is just because it's so rare - the vast majority of file extensions are 3 characters or less; which made me wonder if the people who created them know something I don't. All help much appreciated. Simon Simon wrote: > I'm thinking of creating som...