Is there any specific setting for MS excel to download CSV in fin.

I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV
file.
But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across
various cells.
Is there any specific setting that should be set in EXCEL to display CSV
files in the correct format?
0
shre (1)

Hi
try renamin the file to *.txt and open this file in Excel.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/11/2004 9:43:55 AM
I am experiencing the same problem.
I have traced it to text between <>.
It seems that Excel is trying to interpret this as HTML tags and failing
miserably (I don't know why it tries this interpretation on what should be a
text file).
I can open my files by replacing every < by {.

However, if a way is known to prevent this HTML parsing, then I would
gratefully receive that knowledge.

"shre" wrote:

> I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV
> file.
> But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across
> various cells.
> Is there any specific setting that should be set in EXCEL to display CSV
> files in the correct format?
0
MikeDb (9)
12/7/2004 5:25:02 PM
Note that opening a TXT file treats each line as a separate excel line.
Therefore, if the CSV file contains filelds of multiple lines, it will not
load correctly into Excel.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> try renamin the file to *.txt and open this file in Excel.

0
MikeDb (9)

How do I set focus to an HTML control?
I have a DHtmlDialog, and there is a text input control on the page. How do I give that control the input focus? Thanks, Brian Brian, In the html for the input control include an id tag, for example: <input id="my_input" ....../> Then you use the undocumented CDHtmlDialog::SetFocusToElement(LPCTSTR szId) .. If an using undocumented members worries you, just copy the code from dlgdhtml.cpp into your derived class. There are a number of macros and member functions in CDHtmlDialog that are not documented. I use this class a lot, it's a great tool. It does need better...

POP3 settings
Set up Outlook using same settings Outlook 2000, but email will not be sent. Used pop3.email.msn.com I didn't think MSN used POP anymore - check with their tech support. Pam wrote: > Set up Outlook using same settings Outlook 2000, but > email will not be sent. Used pop3.email.msn.com If you had an MSN POP account and haven't used MSN 8, I think the account is left as POP (though I wouldn't swear to it). What happens when you try to send mail - do you get an error? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

Limited Charaters in Excel 2000
Merged cell with Data Validation Text length Limited......Is there a way to make the typing stop once the limit is reached, as in Word Doc.???? ...

ms office 2007 Basic
Hi. PC Mall in RSA is offering a product called ms office 2007 basic. What is it? I can't seem to find any appropriate information about it at microsoft.com. Thanks http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/HA101656051033.aspx mfnv wrote: > Hi. PC Mall in RSA is offering a product called ms office 2007 basic. What > is it? I can't seem to find any appropriate information about it at > microsoft.com. Thanks Didnt look very hard did you http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/FX101754511033.aspx "mfnv" <mfnv@discussions.microsoft.co...

security setting in Active Directory
Not sure where to post this one but I will give it a try here. I have setup a OU in active directory to allow our help desk technician to create, delete, and change members of the distribution groups in that OU. She can do this just fine but does not have the right to mail enable the group. How do giver her security to do that and not everything else on the exchange server? Also she has requested to have the right to change the group membership users are in from the "member of " tab on that user. How do i give her just access to that and nothing else in Active Directory? Than...

MS "censorship" in outlook -- refuses to displau images
why does Outlook f eel the need to censor what is displayed? Can we as users override this? If so, How??? I have to go to Gmail to view the G-rated images which Outlook rewfuses to display (blocks)... Would have helped if you mentioned what version of Microsoft Outlook you are using, but I will assume you are using Outlook 2003. Take a pick at Tools > Options > Security tab > Automatic download settings. This controls what items are blocked/displayed. Please keep in mind that if the message items are sitting in the Junk Folder, then then need to be moved to anoth...

picking from a specific list in a combo box
I have a form that has a combo box called "contact" that refers to a table called "Contacts". I would like to pick from a list of contacts for a specific client without displaying all of the names in the contacts table, just the ones that match the name of the client on the main form. I've tried joining the ID's in the relationships but it doesn't seem to work for me. Any help appreciated! Thanks Lee -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200802/1 Try to set the controlsource of the combobox to a qu...

excel #37
The autosave feature is set to two minutes but is not saving books I'm working on ...

Watermarks in Excel #4
Is it possible to add Watermark to an Excel (several pages) spreadsheet? I am in the stone age, using Excel 97. Thank. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:712301c4ce6c$45787ad0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add Watermark to an Excel (several > pages) spreadsheet? I am in the stone age, using Excel > 97. Thank. ...

I need to print lists including a barcode in Excel.
I have lists of student names and their identiification numbers ans want to be able to scan these into another excel document from a printed form. I can print these lists from DOS on a Kyocera printer but I want to print directly from Excel. Download a free barcode font here. http://www.idautomation.com/fonts/free/ Install it and then format your excel cell font to be that barcode font. Type in what you want. Set your print area and print. HTH Ken If you have trouble with the bar code font, then a better way to do things wouldbe to use a bar code ActiveX control. The best one on ...

[NEWS] MS Improves Office 2004 SysAdmin Guides
From MacWorld...... http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=14904 Microsoft has released an updated version of its Mac Office Resource Kit. This is of specific interest to system administrators and other IT professionals who manage and support Office for Mac on a network. The new documentation includes a major new section to help guide system admins through the Office 2004 deployment process. It explains how they can exploit Apple technologies to do this, including Workgroup Manager, Apple Remote Desktop and PackageMaker. It also explains how to m...

excell sorting question
does anyone know how to do a sort for how close a list of numbers com to a designated cell with a index number in that cell?? example: a 39 b 40 c 51 d 44 e 43 sort by being the same or the closest to "44" results should be: d 44 e 43 b 40 a 39 c 5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Twosix, You can add a helper column... In the column next to that one (assume A1:A5) enter =ABS(44-A1) and drag down to fill the series. Select both columns and choose Data -> Sort and sort according to the helper column. Dan E "twosix >" <<twosix...

how remove page lines fm view of excel 2007 spreadsheet?
Hi, Somehow one of my 2007 excel spreadsheets grew virtical and horizontal dashed lines that describe the perimiter of each page. I have been unable to find out how to turn them off. Any help much appreciated. Al Reopen the Workbook in Normal View. ~alan HDX~ wrote: > Hi, > Somehow one of my 2007 excel spreadsheets grew virtical and horizontal > dashed lines that describe the perimiter of each page. I have been unable > to find out how to turn them off. > Any help much appreciated. > Al > > Office Button|Excel Options|Advanced There's an option to d...

Selecting data between to specific dates in a form
Sorry if this is an easy one but I am new to this area. I have created a query from our SQL database that list all hours booked by eack employee and the date booked, from when we 1st started collectin thi information. I am wanting to create a form that anyone can go into and select a date range so that the can calculate the hours between these dates. Th other problem that I have got is that the date are in number format and not in date. How dan I format this correctly? Regards The first thing to do will be to convert your number field into a real date/time field. To do that: 1. Ope...

Excel slow!
Dear Reader, Hope everybody's fine. Great to be here. I work as an IT Consultant and some of my clients are having problems with excel, at a sudden excel is getting slow and slow without an apparent reason, calculations and navigation takes longer than usual on different and fast computers. However when they are not on the network it gets a bit fast than when on it. Could you please help me solve this problem, I have tried install and unisnstall but nathing changed. Hope to read you soon. Regards, Olivier ...

Setting of Tab Application
Hi all, I am trying to develop a tabbed application using windows 2000 server and VC6. It get different sizes on different System(Machine with diff. resolution) Can any one tell me, how can i adjust so that it can open on every machine of any resolution. Regards, Ghazanfar Ali Ghazanfar Ali wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to develop a tabbed application using windows 2000 > server and VC6. It get different sizes on different System(Machine with > diff. resolution) > Can any one tell me, how can i adjust so that it can open on every machine > of any...

E-Mailing a specific page of a report
I have lengthy report that is grouped by Zone ID. I want to e-mail the zone supervisor the pages of this report as an attachment (in a snapshot format) that deal with just their zone. currently we e-mail the whole report and the hunt for their information. The zone supervisor e-mail address is in a table called 'tblZones' I don't want to have to create a report with a corresponding query (if possible) for each zone. I am currently using sendobject to deliver this report. However we are not always notified of supervisor changes and would like to use the e-mail address...

Go Offline Specifications
Hi there! I am trying to find a document referring to different scenarios of working offline and their specifications (bytes transfered, estimated time of synchronization, connection types etc). Can you help me? Propose a Microsoft or external source for this? Thanks in advance. Elena I have not seen any document discussing this. Most offline docs talk about what is needed to do it rather than drill into details. Microsoft always recommends you do your initial Go Offline in outlook while connected to the comapny network. We have found that as long as your remote location has a fast conn...

Excel Pivot Tables #4
Does anyone know how to summarize the data by median in a pivot table. This is not one of the options in the summarize by menu. The closest option is average? -- Brent ...

how to set ad-hoc return address in Outlook 2007?
To keep myself sane and practically eliminate the need for bayesian spam filtering, I have my mail server set up to use adhoc aliases. When an incoming message gets received, it looks to see whether there's a hyphen in the local portion of the address (as in, 'foo-something@mydomain.net'). If there is, it delivers the message to the account matched by the text on the left side of the hyphen, but preserves everything on the right side for downstream spam filtering. I make up new addresses for everyone who sends mail to me (like 'foo-dad@mydomain.net', 'foo-amazo...

Setting a loan
I just recently got Money 2006 and I'm entering transactions for the past year and one of the transactions I'm setting up is for a car loan. When entering the information for the transaction, it took me through a wizard to set up my car loan. I went through that all well and fine. However, the problem I am having is that it will not let me enter past dates. My loan was taken out in 2003 with my first payment occuring in 7/2003. And for some reason, Money 2006 will not allow me to enter the 2003 date. It insists that I enter the first payment date for this year. Ok, fine. ...

How to set default time zone used?
Hi, I found several issues with the timezone in the forum and in our office :-) I would like to fix the following: When users to change there work time the "default" timezone is set to their profile, which causes several problems. Isn't it possible to set the "default" time zone used on EVERYTHING, - so when a new user is created, working time is changed,.... it always preselectes the timezone generally wanted. I guess there is a way and I hope there is someone outthere who knows it and tells us :-) best regards for helping with this annoying thing Antonio ...

Emails download but do not appear anywhere
I am using OE6 and when the emails download from my host server they disappear. I cannot find them in any of the folders showing on OE. Dick Claridge "Dick Claridge" <dclaridgesr@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23FmbGAJCFHA.2032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I am using OE6 and when the emails download from my host server they >disappear. I cannot find them in any of the folders showing on OE. > > Dick Claridge > http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=%22Outlook+Express%22+OE+%2Bblank+%2Binetcomm+%2Bregsvr32+insubject%3A%22re%3A%22 -- __________________...

How to set IHTMLElement style
Hello all, I have an application that using WebBrowser2 control in a dialog. Now the problem is to set the border of an anchor element in the page. There is no direct method to handle the style property because style is readonly of all the IHTMLElement. Does anyone go an idea how to do it? Thanks. "henryt" <henryt6221@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eflUdjRgGHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I have an application that using WebBrowser2 control in a dialog. Now the > problem is to set the border of an anchor element in the page. There is no >...

Setting up Report Server URL
Hello, I had configured the SRS and managed to view the reporsts provided by the standards system via the site created. I wanted to now setup the Report Server URL in the Reporting Tools Setup so that reports can be viewed from Administration tab > Custom Reports. I typed in the Report Server URL but it keeps prompting [The Report Server URL entered is not valid]. I had typed in the following >> http://GPSERVER:80/ReportServer/reportservice.asmx. I also tried removing :80 but still it does not work. I launched REporting Service Configuration Manager to check on the Re...