is there an easy way to move parts of cells around

we have an excel sheet which is keeping track of dart player team
points over a four week competition.
Each week the couple (one guy and one girl) compete in a dart
tournament, to hopefully win and get the most points. Second place
comes with less points, third has less again, and so on.
In order to use "sum" we have entered the information along one row.
Now when it is finished, we would like a quick and easy way to have the
two player who played together to be placed one under the other. For
example Billy-Joe Beckett would end up in one cell and Debralee would
be in the cell directly below it. If we typed it out this way in the
beginning, the names of the two players would get all seperated when we
do a sort (ascending or decending) to see which teams are in first
overall, and second and so on. I placed a sample of the original setu
at this link. Thanks for any help you can offer.
http://excelexample.homestead.com/excelexample.html

0
jvoortman (40)

I need to build a computer, and list the parts and prices.
I need to build an expensive computer, and a reasonable computer. How can I list the parts and prices in the excel program? Create a list with part names in one column, and prices in the next column, e.g.: Part Price 4X DVD+/-RW Drive $250 Then, on another sheet, you can create a dropdown list of parts by using data validation. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html To return the price for the selected part, you can use VLookup formulas. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html xoner8ed wrot...

referencing the cell above
Hi I have a kin a formula wich gets the value from the cell above and then add some. What I get is an list of values incrementing. When I delete one row in this list, all cells below 'crashes' with #REF!. What I need is that for the formulas to always look one cell up, even if I delete a row. Now it seems that if I delete Row8, then when Row9 become Row8 it reference to it self and then ov course goes bananas... Hope I made myself understandable ;-) Any ideas folks? -------- stuhag --------- Instead of using say =A19, use =OFFSET(A20,-1,0). This would go in A20, and as it does...

Changing font colour in some cells
Hi I am quite new to Excel! I can change the appearance of text using bold, italic and underline but am having problems with colour. When I select an active cell and click on a colour nothing seems to happen. If I go back to the cell and double click it shows the text in the colour I want but when I move to another cell it reverts to black. Can anyone help please? Does this happen with all workbooks or just one? If the latter, maybe there is some event code behind the sheet. On the tab name, right-click and select View Code from the menu, if you see some code delete it. -- HTH Bob P...

Deleted Items folder has moved
At some point a user has managed to move his Deleted Items folder into his drafts folder. Is there anyway to get this moved back to where it's supposed to be? I've tried running outlook with the /resetfolders switch, but this hasn't helped. Thanks, Alex On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:54:45 +0000, Alex wrote: > At some point a user has managed to move his Deleted Items folder into his > drafts folder. Is there anyway to get this moved back to where it's > supposed to be? > > I've tried running outlook with the /resetfolders switch, but this hasn't ...

return cell reference
I am using the DMAX function to find the maximum data value within a certain range of dates. I now need to find the date associated with that maximum value. I am dealing with streamflow data in 5-minute intervals, so there are many peaks in the data. I am looking at specific events by specifying a time range to search in. I have two columns, one column of dates and times (mm/dd/yy hh:mm) and one column of water depth. I have tried DGET (e.g., DGET(R104:T65000, "datetime",R2:U3)) to return the date assocuated with the maxium found by DMAX, but the maximum value may be found...

Move 100gb Information Store
Hi , May I know how long it would take to move 100gb of Information store to another logical drive in Exchange 2003 Enterprise? I'll be using ESM to move the database. I'm going to add a Disk storage and connect it to the current Exchange 2003 Ent server for disk expansion. Thanks in advance. Hi, It depends on the speed of your disks... Are you just using single disks? scsi? sata? sas? ide?... Are you using RAID? 1? 5? 10? 0+1? You cannot give an et of the move as Exchange will move the database basically as fast as your disk IO can carry it. Oliver "TerenceTan"...

Hide Quck Parts in Word 2007
Hi, Is it possible to hide empty quick parts in word 2007? I am populating quick parts from a sharepoint list (wss 3.0) and some of the fields in this list are not rquired and the field names are showing when the metadata is empty. http://www.moss2007.be/blogs/vandest/archive/2009/12/03/configure-word-2007-content-controls-with-empty-placeholder-text.aspx ...

Start living your life the way you want!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01D2_01C7526C.8FA2B860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The search is finally over...Get ready to start earning a full time = income online working just part time from your computer. If you want to = start making several hundred even up to a thousand dollars per day = working just a few hours a week go too the website below=20 =20 http://mycashmker.imarichkid.hop.clickbank.net/ ------=_NextPart_000_01D2_01C7526C.8FA2B860 Content-Type: text/html; charset=&q...

Is there a way to automatically resize a text box to the font size
I know how to set the font to automatically resize to the text box, but is there a way to automatically resize the text box to the font size? Very often I have the font size exactly how I want it and I have to adjust the text box so it's as tight to the text as possible. If there isn't an automatic way to do this, this feature should be included in the next version of Publisher. ...

Move to end of edit
I have an edit box in a grid edit dialog that opens when I type a single character. if(nChar > 0) dlgGrid.m_strEditCell = (TCHAR)nChar; The character is selected but I want to deselect it and position the cursor after the character. How do I do that? -- Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks. http://www.easynn.com On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:04:21 +0100, steve@tropheus.demon.co.uk wrote: >I have an edit box in a grid edit dialog that opens when I type a >single character. > >if(nChar > 0) > dlgGrid.m_strEd...

how do you delete cells when they are connected with a formula
All I know how to do is enter info into a cell. This is a list of numbered employees. Usually, I would just seleted the cell and delete, but I get ###error. The formula is =+sum (A73+1) Please help!!! I believe you are seeing ### because the cell is not large enough to display the #REF! error. When you delete the cell (A73), either by right clicking and seleting delete or by using the Edit function, the formula no longer knows what cell to reference, and all the other cells below the one with the error have all adjusted accordingly (in this case, up one). If you look below the cell w...

Can i use conditional formating on a cell when it contains a formula? #2
=mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1 -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26784 Hi the reason for this is that thie formula returns a string and not a numeric value. Change the formula to: =--mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sit wrote: > =mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) OR ... Change your Conditional formula to: =&quo...

moving IMS to new server
I am in the process of moving my Exchange 5.5 server to new hardware. I'm using the Ed Crowley method. My question is about the Internet Mail Connector. Since we use the IMS for directory replication with other sites, what is the best procedure for moving the IMS and the directory replication connectors to the new server? Does it need to be done all at once or can we do it in stages by having the IMS on both servers for awhile? I want to make sure that I do not have any disruptions in either internet mail or directory replication. Thanks a lot. Kenny "Kenny" <kstern...

Moving Mailboxes to Additional Exchange Server
We are having a problem moving our individual mailboxes to an additional Exchange server. We have to move every single piece of mail and move it to one folder in another Exchange server, so some people can search through it after it is indexed. I can not take any ideas on a better way to do this, because our CTO decided this is how we have to do it. The process now is using EXMerge to export the individual user mailboxes, then some renaming process of the PST and then import the PST into the second Exchange server. We rename the PST because it imports directly into the same folder as a...

How to combine text and the value in another cell?
Excel 2007 Lets say in A2 I have a calculated value of 2 in A1 I want it to say The total of XX = 2 This is what I tried: =CONCATENATE(The Total of XX =,A2) Gave me a "value" error what other approach should I try? tia dave Try this: ="The total of xx = "&A2 -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:20C0AC3C-2CF3-49BC-8837-428F60A42692@microsof...

Any way to refresh a report?
Just wondering, is there a way to refresh the info displayed on a report other than closing it and re-opening it? We bring up a report in a daily meeting, and use that report to discuss jobs, then make changes to the data (we don't close the report). I know you can refresh (requery) a form, but I can't find anything like that for a report. As far as I know, you have to close and reopen the report. The report is a static representation of the data at the point in time it is executed. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute University of Mary...

Excel should let me circle a cell or number in the spreadsheet fo.
Excel should let me circle a cell or number in a cell in the spreadsheet for display purposes. Most of the time if you highlight a cell or number in a cell and you print the spreadsheet on a black and white printer it becomes indiscreet or blends in with the rest of the numbers. Allowing one to be able to circle would make it appear more user friendly on the printout and provide more options. Hi if this is a question then one option would be to use the oval icon on the drawing toolbar to draw an oval around a cell - alternatively, you could look at applying data / validation to the c...

excel repair, remove records from xml part
morning all. I've been experiencing what strikes me as a problem since we bought office 2007, just over two years ago now, and now a colleague just experienced the same problem. Occasionally we'll receive an error message stating that some equation, or record, etc... was damaged and needed to be removed from the record. The worksheet/book gets repaired, and we must save the repair. Typically it's at least two worksheets in the "xml.part" of the file. "sheetA", and "calcChain." For me, I just go into the developer tab, open the VBE, locate the a...

copying a cell to another cell automatically
Hi, I'm trying to set up my worksheet so that if the value in column E is changed to 100%, the value in column A of that row automatically changes to 100, regardless of its original value. At the same time, I don't want to lock down column A - the user can enter any value in here when E is not 100%. How do I go about doing this? Do I need to write a macro? Thanks! Amit Hi, You'll have to do this as a little macro. Go into the VB editor and add the following into the relevant Sheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 5 And Target = 100...

Database Moving
I need to move the databases from one server to another. I don't really care if it's easy or hard it just needs to get done. If some one can point me in the right direction or if there is a tool out there I can use that would be great. And unfortunatly we are still on version 1.0 over here. Would it maybe be easier to upgrade to 1.2 before moving or after moving? Mike, I would suggest upgrading to 1.2 first and then migrating using the redeployment tool (available on MSDN). Stephen "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:351401c4a...

Advanced Filter Unique Records Only
My most useful macro extracts distinct items from a range to a new sheet. Native Excel would handle this I think by using Advanced Filter no Criteria range Unique records only box checked Goto Special - visible cells only Copy range, paste elsewhere I see a peculiarity which gives me pause for thought. Case I A1 = "a" A2 = "=A1" A3 = "=A2" Result: Only the first item is treated as Unique, the rest are hidden. Great. Case II A1 = "=A2" A2 = "=A3" A3 = "a" Result: All items are treated as Unique, none are hidden....

Move CRM Application 3.0 to NEW Server
Folks: Here is our CRM Environment: SERVER1: CRM Application (CRM 3.0) and Reporting Services SERVER2: SQL Server 2005 We want to move ONLY CRM Application (CRM 3.0) and Reporting Services from SERVER1 to a NEW Server (CRM 3.0). My Questions: 1) Are there any written instructions on how do I move only the CRM Application and Reporting services 2) If for some reason the CRM move to new server fails, can I fail back to OLD server so that I don't mess anything? My boss is asking for a test of this in the test environment. Can I do the test with the same company name and with same do...

Summing items in a cell
How do you SUM items in a cell. I have a parts list with reference designators like U3-U6. I want the sum of the range of items, in this case it's 4, but can't figure out how to do this. Any help will be appreciated -- dpmoore ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dpmoore's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384566 More info and then a formula using find can be used or a udf (macro for custom formula) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Soft...

Corruption occurring after converting 97->2003 and moving to T.S.
We have an ACC97 application which has been in service for more than 5 yrs. The app has just been converted to ACC2003, and all users now run on a Terminal Server. In less than a week, two records have been damaged (each from a different table); most of the fields contain garbage, and the record cannot be deleted (error message "the search key was not found in any record"). In the five yrs of running the app in 97 format we _never_ had this happen (the worst that ever happened was an occasional damaged memo). The T.S. is a recent multiprocessor model running Server 200...

Creating a list in a cell
Hello. This is my first message to this group. I just want to create a cell whose content is restricted to the items or values in a list. The list would be static, and it wouldn't be a problem to fill the list by hand, as it is not expected to contain much many items. The user then could go to the cell and simply select one of the values in the list, by means of a drop down control or similar. Is there any standard option in Excel to do that? I tried something called "lists", but it doesn't work as I would like. Thank you very much in advance!! -- Vicent Hi Vincent Se...