is there an easy way to move parts of cells around

we have an excel sheet which is keeping track of dart player team
points over a four week competition.
Each week the couple (one guy and one girl) compete in a dart
tournament, to hopefully win and get the most points. Second place
comes with less points, third has less again, and so on.
In order to use "sum" we have entered the information along one row.
Now when it is finished, we would like a quick and easy way to have the
two player who played together to be placed one under the other. For
example Billy-Joe Beckett would end up in one cell and Debralee would
be in the cell directly below it. If we typed it out this way in the
beginning, the names of the two players would get all seperated when we
do a sort (ascending or decending) to see which teams are in first
overall, and second and so on. I placed a sample of the original setu
at this link. Thanks for any help you can offer.
http://excelexample.homestead.com/excelexample.html

0
jvoortman (40)

Any way to change the Desktop Icon?
I have tried the old right click and properties but nothing for changing the icon. Anyone assist these very old (81) drybones? thanks, DB What Desktop icon? The Windows Live Mail icon? Right Click | Properties | General Tab | Change Icon. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "drybones" <drybones@charter.net> wrote in message news:ePMchQqqKHA.5116@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the old right click and properties but nothing for changing >the icon. > > Anyone assist these very old (81) drybon...

How can I change which cell is selected next, other than Down, Le.
I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find it on the "Help" menu. Hi Bethany tools / options / edit "move selection after enter" -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Bethany" <Bethany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50CD805D-F385-4457-9363-5C3A3EF7825D@microsoft.com... >I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find >it > on the "Help" menu. tools->options->edit and select one of...

Best way to maintain back-up of e-mails and contact data?
Does anyone have experience in maintaining a good back-up routine for the data within Outlook for XP? I routinely back up all data files within my documents, but find it difficult to manage the data within Outlook gregg gaskins You can setup Outlook so its data files are in My Documents ilsrwy6 wrote: > Does anyone have experience in maintaining a good back-up routine > for > the data within Outlook for XP? I routinely back up all data files > within my documents, but find it difficult to manage the data within > Outlook > > gregg gaskins >-----Original Mess...

Easiest Way to do this Importing method?
Hey guys- been searching for a while now, and all the posts are a little more complex than I think this needs to be. Can you help? Basically, I have a CSV file that I need to import into another 'Template' file. But- here's the key- not EVERY column in the CSV file needs to import into my template. Also, the columns in the CSV file are NOT in the same order they need to be in the Template file. So, I need to be able to pick and choose which columns import and go where. Does that make sense? Is there an easy 'import mapping' system to use or any other way to do this? ...

Proper way to enter debt accounts
I've been using Money 2002 for about a month now to track my savings and checking accounts. Now I'd like to enter the balances on my Car loan. What is the proper way of doing this so that I can use money to 1) Track the balances 2) Help give me some payment strategies to help me become debt fee faster? Two choices: 1) Create a Loan Account and schedule a series of Loan Payments. This will allow the payments to automatically include an interest component. 2) Create a Liability Account and schedule a series of Bills. You will have to manually enter the interest component o...

search and return cell count
I have a list of dates. (certain dates are excluded). I need a formula that would perform like a datedif and lookup formula. Using two cell references, I need to be able to count the number of cells (dates) between the reference points in a formula. Sort of like a lookup formula that finds both values and returns the number of cells in between. ULTIMATELY: search list for value in a1, search list for value in a2, how many cells are in between any suggestions? thanx =SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C100>=A1),--(C1:C100<=A2)) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewher...

Formula changing when I move the data to new column
Simplified version of my file is: Col a b c d e Portfolio 7/29/2005 / For the Week / YTD / 7/22/2005 abc corp 10,000 +500 8% 9500 def corp 10,000 - 200 4% 10200 mmm 10,000 +100 0% 9900 ppp corp 10,000 +322 -1.2% 9678 xyz corp 10,000 +12 1% 9988 Total 50,000 834 x% 49,266 I...

move a file from Access
Is there a "move" command in Access 2007 that can be called from code that will move a file from one folder to antother as in command line: move c:\test\filename c:\new\ Hi - Try copying this to a standard module. Ensure you have a backup before testing. Public Sub MoveFile(psourcefile As String, ptargetfile As String) '******************************************* 'Purpose: Moves file location 'Inputs: sourcefile, targetfile 'To Call: ? MoveFile("c:\mydocuments\all.gif", "c:\mydocuments\access\all. gif") '*************************...

Quickest way to add one more name to a rule?
In OL2003, I have created a rule that if a piece of email arrives from anyone on a certain list of people it automatically gets delivered to a special folder "Work email". Every once in a while, I get an email from someone who ought to be on that lsit, but isn't. So I go into Tools/Rules, find the rule, and manually ad their name to the ever-growing list. IS there an easier way to do this? Is there some way I can just drag their name to the list somewhere? (The closest I've been able to come to a shortcut is when the email is opened, go to Actions/Create Rule, and ...

display web pix in a cell
I want to display web pix in a xl cell, the cell has the url in it but I wat the pic it references to displsy Hi AFAIK this is not possible with Excel's build-in functions. You'll need VBA to achieve this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dgates80 wrote: > I want to display web pix in a xl cell, the cell has the url in it > but I wat the pic it references to displsy ...

Calendar easy to move from computer to computer?
Is there a way besides a Palm pilot to transfer all contacts, and calendar info from work to the home computer as a daily task? The problem is my palm pilot does not carry over certain fields in contacts that transfer from work to home. Is there a web based outlook? In Calendar, the color labeling does not transfer either. Looking for an easy way to have both computers updated in the same way. Thanks! .. ...

A rule for creating a folder based on sender's name and move messages to it
Is there a way to create a rule, so that it: 1) looks at the sender of the incoming email 2) a) moves message to a folder corresponding to sender's name, if folder already exists; else b) creates a personal folder with the sender's name and then move the message into the new folder. Example: Incoming email from Angel Sodano. Folder named "ANGEL SODANO" exists -> move message into this folder. Incoming email from Angelo Sodano. Folder named "ANGELO Sodano" does not exist -> create folder named "ANGELO Sodano", move the new message into that folder. ...

Is there a way for an Outlook user to automatically set all outbound messages to "Private"?
Gurus, Is there a way for an Outlook user to automatically set all outbound messages to "Private"? -- Spin "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:6o3de9F1mc6vU1@mid.individual.net... > Is there a way for an Outlook user to automatically set all outbound > messages to "Private"? With plain vanilla Outlook? I don't think so. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Yes, there is a way. However, I would not suggest doing this. - Select the TOOLS menu - Select OPTIONS - Select the E-MAIL OPTIONS tab - Click the ADVANCED E-MAIL OPTIONS bu...

format cells: divide by 100
I need to a Custom format for 3 cells in a worksheet. I want to enter value in any of those cells and have the value divided by 100. Fo example, I want to enter a 3 digit number like 427 and have its valu changed to 4.27. I have looked at Custom formatting and can't figure out how to do it. I know I can go to Tools/Options/Edit tab and check the Fixed decima box. That changes the whole worksheet. Can I do that for just 3 cells? Is there any way of doing this? Thanks for helping -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without VBA (using an event procedure) this is not po...

Changing cell or text color depending on week number
Hi all I have an job that requires the contents of a cell to change color depending on how many weeks there are yet to run before the job is due. ie a visual 'heads up' of what is coming up. Contents or text would follow like this - If due this week, RED, if due next week, orange, if due in two weeks, yellow, if due in 3 weeks, green. As the project is based on week numbers, it would be best for the formula to based on that. Regards Roger If you have 3 conditions or less, you can use the Conditional Formatting option under the Format menu. You can specify the cell value for ...

easy OnLButtonDblClk() question
Hi, I've created a MFC application. It has the standard window where information is displayed. I have recently copied some code from another applcation someone made for me, so that I have a dockable window that attaches to the main document. The code for this class it as follows: class CMarkerZoom : public CWnd { // Construction public: CMarkerZoom(); // Overrides // ClassWizard generated virtual function overrides file://{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CMarkerZoom) file://}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementation public: virtual ~CMarkerZoom(); // Generated message map functions protected: file://{{AFX_...

easy transfer
I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the new PC and just get the information off of the flash drive? Mike Givens wrote: > I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. > Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug > the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the > new PC and just get the information off of the fla...

each cell is printing as an individual page
I created a new spreadsheet and it was working just fine when I put it away. now when I open it and try to print it all the cells want to print as individual pages. does any one know what can cause this? hi, first time i ever heard of that. just reset the print area. high light the area you want printed goto file>print area>set print area >-----Original Message----- >I created a new spreadsheet and it was working just fine >when I put it away. now when I open it and try to print it >all the cells want to print as individual pages. does any >one know what can c...

Easiest way to generate XML in VB.NET

Cell formula missing
Hi, In cell N2 I have a simple formula to count the total number of rows in a given range that are populated, here it is COUNTA(B8:B100) problem is I enter the formula either directly into the cell or into the formula bar , as soon I hit the enter key the answer is given, but the formula disappears any ideas thanks Is this happening in any other cell? do you have any macros? "Anthony" wrote: > Hi, > In cell N2 I have a simple formula to count the total number of rows in a > given range that are populated, here it is > > COUNTA(B8:B100) > > problem is I...

best way to backup Win.email
Greetings, What is the best way to back-up msg's. and contacts from WindowsMail (Vista) to either a usb flash drive or to an external hd? I found an explanation on a website and will post it here if asked, but it seemed a little too involved. Thanks, Jim The easiest way is to use this free third party utility: http://www.staticbackup.com/windows-mail-backup/ http://www.staticbackup.com/products.htm#swmbf It does not backup contacts, but you can easily copy and paste the folder C:\Users\username\Contacts. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.suppo...

How not to print a cell in the middle of a print area
I have a time sheet with some information like the "Now" date and the name of the day in another cell. These cells are in the middle of the printing area and what I want is for these 2 cell not to print, but I want then to be visible in the screen so I can read them. If I make them white I can't see them in the screen. Can I just make a textbox and write a formula like "=C3", where C3 is the "Now" date and set the property of the textbox not to print. Thanks in advance! Kevin Brenner Try this Kevin The macro will make the font white Print the sheet Make ...

Select text before numbers within a cell
I have some text that I am trying to convert into a spreadsheet. It is formated like this A1 B1 ### Description ### Description I need to separate it so that the data starts with the numbers in individual cells A1 B1 ### Description ### Description Is there a way to select all the text before the numbers and put it in a separate cell? On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:45:56 -0000, stewart <smccallister@gmail.com> wrote: >I have some text that I am trying to convert into a spreadsheet. It >is formated like this &g...

rca easy rip
i have installed rca easy rip on my windows xp media center computor. i wanted to remove it, but when i go to remove all programs and try to remoe, it will not remove. any suggestions on how to get this program removed? You would probably find more help and knowledge at the support site for that application, but you might try reinstalling and then uninstalling. The RCA support site mentioned the need to have the RCA player connected to the computer when installing, perhaps it needs to be connected at uninstall. http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1773/kw/uni...

Move/Copy A Row Based on Formulas to a New Worksheet
I want to move several rows of sub-totals (averages within sub-groups) to a summary worksheet, but I get the Ref error. How can I copy sub-group averages to another worksheet? Thank you. high light and copy. select where you want it. edit>paste special>values. this will turn you formulas into hard numbers. you are getting the #Ref error because on the other sheet where you pasted the formulas, the formula no longer had the same references that they had on the other sheet. for example: =sum(a1:a10) in cell a11 you copy and paste on another sheet at cell a1. excell tries to compensat...