Is there a way to export and save file properties for an Excel do.

Can this be done either in text or XML?
0
O (29)

how can I compare contents of columns in excel?
I have two excel files viz. file-A and -B. One of the columns of File-A contains chemical names which is also contained in one of the File-B columns.There are a lot more chemical names in the latter file than in the former. What I would like to do is to transfer additional pertinent information from columns in File-B to new columns in File-A on the basis of the chemical names found in File-A. At the end of the exercise I would have a file with the same number of chemicals but with more information. How can I do it? Your help would be much appreciated. Take a look at the =vlookup() ...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

Excel Writeback functionality with SSAS
Hi, I am working on Excel 2010 writeback functionality with SSAS. Writeback functionality works when the cube is of small size. Writeback functionality fails when the cube is of have size say 50lakh records. I get an error as Data cannot be retrieved from external data source. Error Message written by the external data source Server: The operation has been cancelled. ...

Export from MS POS?
I have a customer that wants to look at using the MS POS. They currently use QuickBooks 2003, and are upgrading to QB2007. I have tested it some, but the problem I am running it to is that you have to have QB installed on the same computer that runs the MS POS. Is there a way to make the account assignments, and then do an export from MSpos (make some type of file) and then import it to QB? The client has an accountant that does not work at the store, and does not come in to the store very often, maybe once a month. They do not want to have to re-input the data. I have thought abo...

Recovering a publisher file from its .tmp file
I am not familiar with Publisher 2002 and its workings. One of my bosses was creating a company news letter and while inserting, rather large, pictures she crashed and it saved all the work as a .tmp. I tried renaming the file to a .pub with no avail. I am primarily interested in recovering the text. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated! Thanks, Jim Try Open, files of type, scroll down to "recover text from any file" and browse to the file. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jim&quo...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Description of Statistical functions in Excel 2002
Hello, I am looking for the English description of the statistical functions in Excel 2002 Could some one mail me the text of this help file in a doc file or show me a website where this is shown? The Help function has a page with a listing and description of all the statistical functions. I hope someone can help me. Best regards, You can copy and paste the text from Help into Word. Jerry Erik Gerets wrote: > Hello, > > I am looking for the English description of the statistical functions in > Excel 2002 > > Could some one mail me the text of this help file in a d...

exporting email from outlook express to microsoft outlook 2003
I have several email accounts on outlook express. When I try to import them to the new accounts I set up in Outlook, all the email/addresses/etc. from one of my accounts (the default email account in Express) goes into each new Outlook account. How can I import just the email from one account into a new account? "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C323C8-BF1D-44CF-863D-02E9E7341A46@microsoft.com... >I have several email accounts on outlook express. When I try to import them > to the new accounts I set up in Outlook, all the email/addres...

replace phone text in several eml files how?
I have 400 eml files, those are some 200 floders with 2 email messages in each, basically a commercial response to answer repetitive emails quickly. The problem is I need to change the conact phone in those emails text, and doing one by one is a huge task. I couldn't find any way to search and replace that text in a quicker way. Is there any solution / workaround? Not that I know of. Maybe someone can come up with a script for this or have a better idea -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and ...

Word X text converter for WordPerfect (wpd) files
Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect (spd) files? In article <0b1e01c39a76$b3cad9e0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "JPS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect > (spd) files? No. Check out Dataviz' MacLinkPlus: http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/ ...

Formula Does not work on excel 2003
This formula does not work in excel 2003. Does anyone know how to convert it to the correct formula for excel 2003. It works perfectly on my system with 2007. But when I put it on a system with 2003 it returns nothing. What it is supposed to do is pull data from a sheet name in the format dd.mm.yy. Sometimes the sheet is not there so should return nothing or 0. =IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&TEXT($A4,"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$k$12")),"",INDIRECT("'"&TEXT($A4,"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$k$12")) Your formula work...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Excel drawings with Hyperlink
Hello: I would like to create a hyperlink when a particular serial number is selected in a cell. Is there a way to create small drawings in excel and have those drawings pop up (or via hyperlink) when a given serial number is selected from a cell? I have created drawings in Paint and saved them as JPEG images, but when I select a serial number the Paint editor pops up at full screen with a tiny image. Regards, D.Parker What I have done in the past was insert drawings on the worksheet, hide them, then associate VBA code to unhide the desired drawing (picture) and hide all others. ...

view a pub file
Hi I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher ?? thank you You can't. You will have to ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file for you. If they can't and this is a one time thing, you are welcome to forward the file onto me and I'll do it for you. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Photo" <Photo@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:44b04061$0$881$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Hi > I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher > ?? &g...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

How to generate a mailbox list file to use in scheduled ExMerge
Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively run ExMerge, then cancell the program halfway, but it does not create the file I need. An alternative for creating the file would be to use an LDAP query in a script -- if anyone can help with that as well. Thanks MosesM On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:05:04 -0800, MosesM <MosesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes >to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively ru...

Ability to change the vendor on a saved purchase order.
There are times when a purchase order is created and many line items are entered and then the purchase order is saved to find out later that those items are going to still be required but we will be purchasing them from a different vendor. The only way to do it now is to delete the purchase order and then re-enter it. It would be nice if the purchase order could be selected and the vendor changed, or alternatively if the line items could be moved to a different purchase order that is for the desired vendor. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Converting vcproj files from VS2005 to VS2008 with Powershell
I wanted to share this to give back to the general Powershell knowledge base and didn't know where to do this so am posting this here. Not long ago I had to migrate a number of legacy C++ VS2005 projects into VS2008 format. The projects had been originally migrated from VC6 Dev Studio format so that there was some path fixups required to allow the projects to build with Team Build. I created the following powershell script which I named fixVS8toVS9vcproj.ps1 which does 90% of the grunt work. Usage (from a Powershell console prompt): .\fixVS8toVS9vcproj.ps1 {path}\...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

excel LOOKUP( ) error
using the LOOKUP( ) and the formula works fine....except in the first row of data. the formula is there and the references are correct, it just refuses to return data help... -- apples ------------------------------------------------------------------------ apples's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15299 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=269227 Post the formula you are using along with some sample data. What result does your LOOKUP currently return? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson...

Quick Parts won't save
I have Outlook 2007 on a new computer. I have been trying to create a Quick Part but it will not save it. When I first save the selection and go back to the Quick Part gallery it is there. But if I exit Outlook and launch Outlook again, when I look at Quick Part, what I just created is not there. I also noticed that I do not have a NormalEmail.dotm file in my Templates folder which I understand is where the Quick Part galleries are stored. I just tried this function and no problems here. Did you follow the following steps: [1] Open Outlook 2007 [2] Open new email and typ...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net