Is there a way to delete multiple lines at the same time beside u.

Please let me know if there is other ways to delete multiple lines at the
same time without using the Ctl key. Thank you.
0
Cherry (3)

Hi Cherry

are the lines adjacent to one another? if so just drag down the row numbers
and then right mouse click & choose delete .. .if they're not adjacent and
you don't want to use the Ctrl key to select them, how are you going to
identify which rows you want to delete?

--
Cheers
JulieD
"cherry" <cherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please let me know if there is other ways to delete multiple lines at the
> same time without using the Ctl key. Thank you.

0
JulieD1 (2295)
4/11/2005 4:26:37 PM
 Hi Cherry,
You can     type into the name box to left of the formula bar something like

   10:10,  12:15,  18:18
which is a lot harder than using the Ctrl key.

You could use a filter to delete rows, see Debra Dalgleish's site at
contextures.com   look for advanced filters.

Or you can just keep things up in the air by not explaining
why we must guess at why you can't just do the things the
obvious way.

0
dmcritchie (2586)

VLookup on multiple columns
Hi I want to carry out a Vertical Lookup but the Lookup Value is contained in 2 columns. Can this be done or would it be best to Concatenate the 2 columns into one? Thanks Shirley Munro -- Shirley Munro ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shirley Munro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=836 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493021 Without a specific example, it's difficult to give you specific help... Meanwhile, I believe this website will get you headed in the righ...

Deleting Microsoft Exchange Server
I have read the threads but I still cannot delete a profile. I'm in Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate at home, and with difficulty I've synchronized my Outlook files (other than e-mail, namely Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes) from my office Outlook with my BlackBerry files at home by setting up a new personal .pst profile/file, BUT I'm asked repeatedly for my Server password with a pop-up box, etc. It's a nuisance! When I go into Mail Profile, Data File, or Accounts from Outlook, I always get this message when I try to "Remove" the Exchange Server ...

Adding lines automatically #2
I'll be very specific..... This is what i want, given the following data: VB200 Apr 80,201 24,060 May 80,201 24,060 Jun 24,060 24,060 Jul 24,060 24,060 Aug Sep Oct Act - 81,568 45,376 - DCM1375 Apr 1,003 80,201 24,060 May 80,201 24,060 Jun 24,060 24,060 Jul 24,060 24 Aug Sep Oct Act Now given this data, how do i add 5 or so lines in between each product (the products being VB...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Delete Duplicate Info
I have columns A and B filled with information. The information in A1 refers to B1, A2 to B2 etc..... In some of my cells, there is duplicate information, and so for example, in A1 and B1, and A22 and B22, the same text information will be identical. So, can anybody advise me of a quick way to delete duplicate information if it appears more than once in both columns??? I don't want to delete duplicate info from one column but both columns. Thanks Hi If the duplicates are always adjacent, you could use a helper column =A2=B2 and fill down. Fix these results by Copy / Paste Special . ...

Inserting Date/Time of Last Update
Is there a way to insert a date and time in a cell(s) that will only be updated if there is a change to the worksheet. I'm looking to have the date/time of the last update so that it is easy to tell how current the worksheet is. Thanks -- Lionel B. Dyck <>< AIM ID: lbdyck Yahoo IM: lbdyck Homepage http://www.lbdsoftware.com/ Blog: http://randommgmt.blogspot.com/ Lionel You could put some code in a worksheet_Change() event like so (uses A1) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Range("A1").Value = Now() End Sub To implement right click the sheet t...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

How to select multiple sheets using macro
Hi, I want to select multiple sheets using macro in the runtime. I tried recording the action and it gave the following code: Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")).Select Actually i want to copy all the sheets in the current workbook and move it to a new workbook.. Hence the next line would be: Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")).copy.. which would copy the selected sheets to a new workbook.. Now the problem is, the sheet names mentioned in the code are fixed,, whereas i want to select the sheets dynamically in...

Justifying 2-line category names in bar charts
When a category name wraps on to 2 lines, Excel centers the second line under the first. I'd like to figure out a way to right justify the second line. I'd also like to figure out a way to set that as a default. Hi, You do not have much control over the axis labels and their appearance. If you want full control you will need to use textboxes. This page has code to help with construction and alignment. http://www.andypope.info/vba/Axislabel_textboxes.htm Cheers Andy Camille wrote: > When a category name wraps on to 2 lines, Excel centers the second line under > the first...

does exmerge delete all data in source mailbox
I am getting conlficting info on whether or not exmerge deletes all the mail that it emxerges to pst. Is it so or not? If yes where in options do i tell it to leave mail in place. thank you "asdf" <dfsa@sadf.com> wrote in news:m307e.2500$Ne.1638@fe12.lga: > I am getting conlficting info on whether or not exmerge deletes all > the mail that it emxerges to pst. > Is it so or not? If yes where in options do i tell it to leave mail in > place. By default, no. You have to select archive as mentioned in this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Cannot delete the user in MS GP 9
Hi I've a problem in deleting user from a company 'XYZ' at the same time i can delete the same user by logging into the other company 'Fabrikam'. I'm using GP9.0 (English), MS SQL server 2000 SP4, The message is 'Message id '7465' does not exist' and Fails. Can some body help me in this issue. can any body reply to my request...It is critical.. -- GP Consultant "GP Consultant" wrote: > Hi > I've a problem in deleting user from a company 'XYZ' at the same time > i can delete the same user by logging into the other comp...

Deleting Autofill options
When I type a name in say the "TO" box after 3 letters it suggest any respective matches. (So far so good) I would like to delete a few of the "matches" (people I never send email to anymore). I'm not sure where and how I need to delete these people, but would love to know. Is there someone out there who knows? Thanks! Craig When you start to type the name and a list drops down, use your arrow key to highlight a name and press your delete key. This will remove it from that autocomplete list. >-----Original Message----- >When I type a name in say th...

Copying Multiple Pages
I was wondering if you can copy multiple pages of a Publisher document (Office 2003) at the same time and paste them into another document / or merge two documents together. Many thanks for your time Open the Office clipboard from the Edit menu, you will be able to collect 24 items. Be aware if your text boxes are linked you will not get the paste you want. Break the link, all the text will be shifted to the first text box even though you will not be able to see all of it. Create new text boxes in your new publication, link them again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microso...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

File takes long time to open
I have an excel file (about 8MB) and it takes a long time to open and close (even without saving). I know that it has a lot of sheets, macros and formulae but here is the funny thing. The predecessor to this file (the new file is an offshoot of this one) is much larger in size (13MB) and includes more formulae and sheet and it opens and closes much faster than the smaller file. What exactly determines how long a file takes? How can I make this new file (8MB) open and close much faster, especially when I am not even saving it? Thanks, Jay It could be to do with how many Add Ins you h...

time delay info message
Hi, I am not very experienced in MFC stuff.. so pls..bear. I want to have a infomessage to be displayed to the user with a time delay. I know messagebox call but that box needs uer interaction for it to disappear. I want to have a message displayed and then make it disappear after a specified time delay. Regards You could do this with a non-modal dialog and have it pop up based on a WM_TIMER then destroy it based on another timer that gets set when it pops up. You can put whatever you want in the dialog. Tom "Vishuonline" <Vishuonline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Pivot Table, Line Chart with Secondary Y axis, Page Field selection destroys Y2 axis
Even after googling for a while I cannot find anyone with the same problem, so here it is: if generating a Line Chart out of a Pivot Table with Page fields, AND using a Secondary Y Axis in the line chart to separate 2 or more curves, this secondary Y axis disappears as soon as any Page Field value is reselected or changed! I'd call this a serious bug. Depending on the Excel versions I tried the effect is different, but destructive to that Y2 association: - in Excel 2002 (SP2) all curves of the Line Chart are associated with the Primary Y axis, the secondary one disappears - in Excel 2000...

deleting page numbers
I have accidentally inserted page numbers on the center bottom of a page as well as in the upper right corner. How do I get rid of the center bottom page numbers? Double-click in the footer area at the bottom of the page to activate it. Click on the page number to select it, and press Delete. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. johmont wrote: > I have accidentally inserted page numbers on the center bottom of a > page as well as i...

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

Mass Delete of Accounts
We seem to have thousands of accts that were added that have had no activity and I would like to mass delete them (without SQL, if possible). I did a query between GL30000 and GL00100 pulling in all accts from GL0100 where there were no records in GL30000 which was a lot. I also filted on accts created before the beginning of the year. I know about Mass Modify and the ability to delete; but there isn't any rhyme or reason to the population of accts so that really isn't an option. Is there any way via Integration manager or something similar where I can delete these old, unused acct...

delete 401k
I made a mistake and need to delete a 401k account I created, how do you do this? I found it! ...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...