Is there a way to configure a cell so when I click on it a check .

0
Gil1 (13)

How much should I make the check out for?

$100.00 enough?

How about using the body of the post for the message?
--

Regards,

RD

"gil" <gil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/6/2004 1:28:14 AM
Right-click on the worksheet tab, View Code, and paste in
the code below:

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As
Excel.Range)
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
    .Value = Chr(252)
    .Font.Name = "Wingdings"
End With
End If
End Sub

--
Change A1 to the desired cell.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)

How configure exchange to convert all incoming emails in CRM activities?
Hi everybody, When I go to tools/options/activities and click in the=20 option "converting all incoming emails" a dialog inform=20 who is necessary server additional configuration. Well, I=20 am looking for informations about this configuration in=20 the CRM documentation but with no sucess. Can somebody=20 help me? * I am using the portuguese version, so I don't know if=20 the names who I used are rigth. Thank you for pay attention and sorry my bad english. :) []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo The instructions are in the implementation guide. =20 Basically, you will ...

Right mouse click on highlighted message not working
Hi, When I highlight a message in Outlook 2003 I could use the right mouse click to move the message around. A little menu used to pop up. This function is no longer working which is not helpful. Anybody got any ideas? Arend I am having the same problem. Any ideas? "Arend Jan van der Marel" wrote: > Hi, When I highlight a message in Outlook 2003 I could use the right mouse > click to move the message around. A little menu used to pop up. This > function is no longer working which is not helpful. Anybody got any ideas? > Arend > > > I am also h...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Comments in Cells
Is there a way to show the comments against a cell when printing a worksheet out? Regards Ric You can print the comments as they display on the worksheet, or at the end of the worksheet. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html#Printing Ric wrote: > Is there a way to show the comments against a cell when printing a worksheet > out? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message news:407D1E25.407...

Convert VLOOKUP to absolute cell reference
My spreadsheet has a VLOOKUP through 44,000 rows that only needed to be performed once. The relevant data is in the VLOOKUP cells as I want them and the lookup values will never change. As long as I keep the other worksheet intact, can I convert the VLOOKUP formulas to absolute references? My spreadsheet is running very slow with the VLOOKUP in place, so I'm trying to speed things up. Would this idea work? Hi Rich, You can try to convert all the formulas as values by using copy and paste special values. also you can try to go to options calculation and change the options to manu...

Remove Cell Auto-Format (General) on Paste / Replace
Good morning all, Just curious if this is able to be done. I have a series o spreadsheets, all of them do different things, but the common factor i that I paste claim numbers into them. The problem is, Excel seems t think our claim numbers are dates. (Example. 2146/04 or 04/262 (different formats for different sections). Now, I have formatted AL cells on these spreadsheets as text. (Ctrl-A, Format-Cells-Text However, when pasting, Excel overrides whatever you've got, and choose it's own way to paste data. The other problem is with Find-Replace or Find-Replace All. A lot o the time, ...

Format cells unavailable
I am assisting a customer running Word 2000 on a Windows 2000 system. He has a spread sheet that will not allow him to do a format > cells on the header row and a few rows below. We can select the colum and this option works but nothing happens when using this option for an individual cell. I don't think these items are protected, is there any way I can be sure? I tried selecting all of the columns and unlocked the cells and this did not help. Can anyone think of any reason why format cells would not be available on this sheet? TIA George Tools, Protection. If the sheet's ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

Automatic e-mail check on startup.
Hello, When I startup Outlook 2003 it automatically starts checking my mailbox. Is there a setting to cancel automatic mail check on startup? Ren� Ren� wrote: > Hello, > > When I startup Outlook 2003 it automatically starts checking my > mailbox. Is there a setting to cancel automatic mail check on startup? > > Ren� Tools-Send and Receive-Send and Receive Settings-Define Send and Receive groups. Uncheck the box "Schedule an automatic send and receive every x minutes". Unfortunately the downside of this is that it does exactly that....... ...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

255 chr limit in cell
I am exporting a query from Access to Excell - One of the fields is over 255 chrs long and it is being trunkated in Excel Does anyone know a way round the 255 char limit in Excel Thank AlanW I don't speak the Access, but can you split that field up into smaller pieces (while in access). Then retrieve each little bit and recombine? AlanW wrote: > > I am exporting a query from Access to Excell - One of the fields is over 255 chrs long and it is being trunkated in Excel. > Does anyone know a way round the 255 char limit in Excel. > > Thanks > > AlanW -- Dave P...

Merge/consolidate text cells based on unique keys ?
Hi all. I hope someone can help me out. I have an Excel worksheet with 2 columns: 'Client #' and 'Invoice #'. Every time the accounting dept. generates an invoice, a new row is added in this worksheet. Obviously this is chronological not per Client #. But for the sake of simplicity, let's assume the worksheet is already sorted by Client #, like so: A B Client # Invoice # 231 5929 231 4358 231 2185 231 6234 464 1166 464 1264 464 3432 464 1720 464 9747 791 1133 791 4930 791 5496 791 6291 989 8681 989 3023 989 7935 989 8809 989 8873 My goal is to achieve...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Locking Cells #4
Hi all....I'm having one of those days where nothing is going right. I am trying to lock a certain group of cells so that they cannot be formated, but the other cells around them can be. I also want to be able to lock those cells so that the row height and column width don't change. I tried using Microsoft Office, and it isn't explaining it very well. Can someone help, please??? Detailed directions, if possible. Wendi: First, unprotect the entire sheet by clicking in the square located above the row numbers and to the left of the column letters. This will select the ...

how to block cells?
hi i am trying to block cells. i'm writing a form and i want the empty cells to blocked (in order that u can fill in only the cells you need and you cant even click on the empty cells) does anyone knows how to do that? thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can lock all cells except those you want available for input. (format;cells; protection). Then protect the sheet. In XP, you can allow the user to only select unlocked cells. I don't know if that feature is available in 2000; I don't think it was available in 97. >-----Original Message----- ...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

sequencial cell numbers w/ an Exception
Ok I read the previous post about sequencial numbers but how can I set up the numbering so that it all ways add the contents of the previous cell, regardless of what the cell name is. I use the normal process for creating sequential numbers but when I insert a new row w/i the group the sequence is broken. Is there a way to say A1 = 5.0 B1 = SUM(PREVCELL + 5); C1 = SUM(PREVCELL + 5); instead of A1 = 5.0 B1 = SUM(A1 + 5); C1 = SUM(B1 + 5); As you can see that if a new cell is inserted into the later it breaks but the earlier statment still holds true. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Sharr...

paste over hidden cells
I would like to take cells from another place copy or cut them and paste them in a section that contains a hidden column for example. When I do this informatioin gets pasted in the hidden cells. How can I bypass these cells and only paste in the visible ones and hence "skip" over the hidden ones? Thanks, Kyrsten ...

Apply-user-defined table style only to tables with no vertically merged cells
Dear Experts: below simple macros applies a user-defined table styles to all tables in the current document. It works fine. I wonder whether it is possible... .... to check each table for vertically merged cells and... .....only apply the user-defined table style to tables without any vertically merged cells .... the index number of tables which have not been worked on because of this is to be displayed in a msgbox Hope this is feasible and not beyond the scope of this forum. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub ApplyTblStyl...

Single Cell To more cells
hi, some one can help me one more doubt in single cell much massage is there but i want to devide that massage in more cells like below. In Single Cell kum rakesh arun anand Gaurav I want change in more Cells like this A B C D E kum rakesh arun anand Gaurav is it Possible? Try Data > Text to Columns > Delimited > Check "Space" > Finish Joy? hit YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Rohinikumar" wrote: > some one can help me one more doubt in single cell much massage is there but > i want to devide that massage in more cel...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Cell shows date, want to email from excel to me as a reminder
cell is formulated to calculate a reminder/due date, want somehow to create another function for that information/ date to be sent to me as an email so I can follow up on reminder dates that come up daily. any ideas? One idea: write the VBA code to search for the reminders to be sent today (roughly: for each row, check the date criteria and, if appropriate, send the notice and record in the workbook that the reminder was sent). Then I'd kick off the process daily using by making this an Auto_Open macro and invoking the Excel file via Windows Task Scheduler. "nldunique"...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net