Is there a limit to the number of worksheets in an excel file?

I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets.  It will continue to grow.
Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding
worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions).
0
NIRVL (1)

Per the XL help file, the no. of worksheets is only
limited by memory.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)

Excel 2007 unrecognized file format in Excel 2003
2007 & 2003 Note to the file - so to speak: Even if one changes Excel 2007's default file SaveAs format, when 2007 closes, it saves files like Personal.xls as a 2007 file format without the new extension .xlsx My point, I still must save files in 2003 for other's who do not have 2007. If I copy Personal.xls in the Excel StartUp Directory to a 2003 platform, Excel 2003 does not recognize the file format. (The file size is about 50% of the original 2003 file size - which is a strong hint that the file is in the new XML format) Therefore, I created a macro to save Personal.xls i...

Credit Card Number on Receipt
Hi, I have replaced the default credit card tendering window with my own hook in. After the transaction is cleared it prints a receipt but it will not print the masked credit card number on the receipt that I have swiped on my application. HI, Make sure you are updating the correct fields data in your application, second check the TenderEntry table and verified that credit card number is saved there. you need to use the SQL Query tool from administrator program for this. If the above information is verified now check the receipt.xml file and find the credit card printing call procedur...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Can Excel open a new application for every file opened?
We have someone who wants a new application of Excel to open every time they open a file. Where is the setting for this? I'm going to hope that they actually just want to see an Excel icon on the task bar for each workbook that is open. (Creating a new instance of the Excel application for each file opened is generally a bad idea for many reasons) So, try this: Tools>Options>View Select: Windows in Taskbar Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "shoon" wrote: > We have someone who wants a new application of Excel to open every time they > open a file. ...

Total Number of Hours
I have a tracking sheet and I entered the total number of hours spent on a project and then when I want the sume the total is 6.65 instead of 7.05 for 7 hours and 5 minutes. How do I fix this? The way I entered the time is 0.35 for 35 minutes. Do I need to enter the times a different way? If you are in a place that use : as a time delimiter then you need to enter it like hh:mm 35 minutes should be entered as 0:35 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "celeste" <celeste@discussions.micros...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

How to open registry file both ASCII and Unicode versions
Hi, In my program i need to open a windows registry export file (both older ASCII REGEDIT4 and unicode regedit 5 formats) and parse the file for my programs requirements. The project is not and cannot be built as unicode (for other reasons). Once the file is opened I need to parse the file, read keys + values etc... Question is how do i do this? I have used CStdioFile, open as typeBinary and then fgetws(wcBuffer, nMax, importFile.m_pStream) Which works for unicode files, but how do i test whether a file is ASCII or Unicode in the first place? Any help would be much appreaciated, T...

Copy certain rows to new worksheet
Hi everyone I have 5 worksheets in my workbook. In each sheet, column A is left empty for the user to select a number from 1 through 6. This is actually for ranking the rows (1 being best, 2 second best and so on) Ranks 1 to 6 might be all on one sheet or they may all be on different sheets. I would like to have a summary that will copy these rows (1 through 6) onto a separate worksheet, done by macro or vba. Perhaps by looping through each worksheet and doing a copy?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave On Sep 15, 6:03=A0am, Dave <Dave.Bea...@lhsc.on.ca> wrote: > Hi ev...

How to insert small colored dots or rectangles in cells of excel
I am trying to insert colored dots or rectangles in cells of excel. How to do this? -- George You could select the cell and then Insert|Symbol and select Webdings or Wingdings etc. and then format the cell font color to whatever you want. "George A. Yorks" wrote: > I am trying to insert colored dots or rectangles in cells of excel. How to > do this? > -- > George ...

adding numbers #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I am storing hours. So 1h or 5h, etc... Is there a way I can select a bunch of cells. and add these numbers. Even though there is "h" in the cell? thanks SUM works just as well on time, just format the result cell as [h]:mm if it might exceed 24 hours. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote in message news:OvM5oBU1IHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I have a spreadsheet where I am storing hours. > So 1h or 5h, etc... > I...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

Anyone know how to use CHttpFile to upload a file to a server?
Got some sample code here, just not sure what else I need to do. Trying to post a asp page and get a binary file transmitted to the server. CString strHttpSite = "www.myserver.com"; CInternetSession *pInetSession = new CInternetSession(strHttpSite, 1, INTERNET_INVALID_PORT_NUMBER); DWORD dwServiceType; CString strServerName; CString strObject; INTERNET_PORT nPort; AfxParseURL(strHttpSite, dwServiceType, strServerName, strObject, nPort) CHttpConnection *pHttpConnection = pInetSession->GetHttpConnection(strServerName); CHttpFile *pHttpFile = pHttpConnection->OpenRequest(CH...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Problem using Match on columns of numbers with leading zeroes formatted as text ???
In my test run, I was using a column of first names in workbook A to check and flag their presence in workbook B, The code given to me by Marcus here worked fine. No problem at all. .. When I switched to the real problem by replacing my columns of data with numbers with leading zeroes, the columns being already formatted as text, the program did not find Matches. .. In both workbooks columns of data, cells have an automatic Excel comment that says : "The number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe". .. What am I missing here ? Is there a spe...

sequential numbers
I simply want to sequentially number rows in a column. However, some of the rows do not contain any data so do not need to be numbered. So there is in fact a blank. It´s also possible that i´d want to add another row, and auto update the number sequence. You cannot drag the auto numbering facility across cells that you want to remain empty of course, because they will be numbered. With your data in column A,: Formula in B1 :1 In B2: =IF(A2="",B1,B1+1) Fill down. Format B2: Format>Conditional Formatting Cell Value is, Equal to, B1 (remove the $signs if you clic...

Excel to word.
Can anyone help.....I want to create a Invioce within word that would calculate above fields and and add Tax and finally give the gross figure. Same as you would achieve withon Excel. I do not want toinsert a table as I feel this would be confusing to the user. Is there a field that I can insert that would do the calculation for me in the same way I would do in Excel. Regards Cheryl Hi MS Word does support some calculated fiels but I'd suggest you post this question to the MS Word newsgroup :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Simple file dialog with preview
Hi, My app needs to allow the user to select an image file. What's a good simple & compact method? Last time I checked, years ago, it seems the common method was a CFileDialog wrapper to include a preview window. Another perhaps better method in terms of simplicity was to call Windows explorer while changing the explorers preview mode to "thumbnails." Is this still a viable good method for W2K, XP, and Vista, and if so then could someone please post code. Thanks a million! Paul On Aug 10, 10:36 am, Paul <energymo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > My app needs...

GENERATE RANDOM NUMBERS BUT EXCLUDE A NUMBER IN THE SEQUENCE
I NEED TO GENERATE A RANDOM NUMBER BETWEEN 1-9 BUT NEED TO EXCLUDE WHATEVER IS IN THE CELL ABOVE IT. IF THE CELL ABOVE IT SAYS 8. I NEED TO GENERATE 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,OR 9. IM STUMPED? > I NEED TO GENERATE A RANDOM NUMBER BETWEEN 1-9 BUT NEED TO EXCLUDE > WHATEVER IS IN THE CELL ABOVE IT. IF THE CELL ABOVE IT SAYS 8. I NEED > TO GENERATE 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,OR 9. IM STUMPED? On way: In A2:A100, put =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) In B1, put =RANDBETWEEN(1,9) In B2, put =A2+(A2>=B1) and copy down to B100 Use the values in column B. I might of explained it wrong. I want to use random(1,9) but...

Shared Xml file problem when xsd.exe is used
Hi All, I am having three XML files. One called SimpleTypes.xsd from which ComplexTypes.xsd is constructed. Then, there is another file called InformationExchangeModel.xsd that uses types in complexTypes.xsd to construct messages. I am having all sorts of problems validating these xsd files in XML spy version 5 release 4. It always complains about "undefined value for 'type' encountered". Here is the scenario SimpleTypes.xsd **************** <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema&quo...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Sending file to Newtork Directory using SQL Serve Job
Hi, I am trying to create a Job in SQL Server 2005 and have an output file being sent to a local directory. I can do this no problem by sending the file to a local directory, but when I try to send this to a Network directory, the process still runs successfully but the file does not show in the specificed network drive. Is it possible to send files this way? Below is how I am sending it to the Network Directory. =91\\myservername\global$\myfiles\=94 Any thoughts and/or suggestions would greatly be apprciated and thank you in advance for any help! On Mon, 3 May 2010 ...

Finding the number of records in a query
Hi there! I want to restrict my users from running a query if there are records in a second query. The second query has 2 parameters based on forms, [Forms]![frmInvBusNums]![InventoryNum] and [Forms]![frmInvBusNums]![BusUnit] The code I'm trying to run, which is totally wrong looks something like this: Dim db As DAO.Database ' Dim rst As DAO.Recordset ' ' Set db = CurrentDb ' ' ' set rst=db.QueryDefs "Discrepancy_Report" ' If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then ' MsgBox "There are conflicts" ' Exit Sub ' ...

File Folder labels printing
I am trying to print labels in order to organize our file system better. there are four types of information that will appear on each label corresponding to four columns in a work sheet. i have tried to do it through mail merge but i t won't set up right . i want it to be 2 lines on label . top line woulbd be a company name left justified and a machine type right justified the second line would be set up the same. mail merge won't allow me to do this . can anyone help ? can it be done through excel alone ? i am working off office 97. Hi thisn should be possible using Word (...