Is there a grammar checker for Excel?

I received a file translated from Portugese to English, and the English is
pretty bad. Would like to try a grammer checker or similar tool to improve
the sentences.
0
ddc (3)

Maybe you can just copy|paste into word?

Or save as a text file and open that in word.

I don't think I've seen a grammar option anywhere in Excel.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Excel #12
Question, I have a multi-page spreadsheet where I want to have data that I input on page 1 in an input field to populate on a data sheet on page 3. I have been able to do that part but I need it to populate on a new line, since I want to do this by days of the week which is what I report on. I have not been able to figure that one out, any help would be welcome.....Thank You. ...

Search in Excel
If I search in columns which cover over one screen window, after first Find in column A, do other operations, then Find column A again, Find will start from two different locations 1. Find from beginning of column 2. Find from beginning of current windows of column Obviouly, 2 is better than 1. You can start Find from location near your last Find It seems that Find isn't stead in these two state, is it Shall I control the state of Find Thanks. Victor, I don't know what other operations you do, but as far as I know :whenever you restart Find after doing some operations, it starts f...

Excel Spell Check
Does anyone know how to turn off the option where Excel automatically adds accents to words (ie adding an accent to a French word)? I don't speak French, but that sounds like it might be an autocorrect option. Tools|Autocorrect Options|Autocorrect tab Look for your word and see if there's a "correction" for it. Paul wrote: > > Does anyone know how to turn off the option where Excel > automatically adds accents to words (ie adding an accent > to a French word)? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Simplify excel formula
I have this very long formula and need to simplify it =IF(Type="P",VLOOKUP(Player,Fees_Table,2,FALSE),IF(Type="A",VLOOKUP(A_Person,Fees_Table,2,FALSE),IF(Type="M",VLOOKUP(Player,Fees_Table,2,FALSE)))) If anyone could help I would be on happy girl thanks Hi! >very long formula LOL! <g> You can eliminate the last lookup since it uses the same arguments as the first lookup: =IF(OR(Type={"P","M"}),VLOOKUP(Player,Fees_Table,2,FALSE),IF(Type="A",VLOOKUP(A_Person,Fees_Table,2,FALSE))) Biff "Lulu" <Lulu@discussio...

import Data from Excel
Hi, Does somebody have experience in importing data from excel sheets into MS CRM? Which is the best way and tools to import data from excel sheets? Like for example to have data in excel sheets which should be suited to a contact in his history and this you want to do every week. There is the Data Migration Framework and the SDK. Is maybe somebody doing something similar and can somebody suggest something or have you programmed something on your own for this? Thank a lot Hi, we did our data migration with Excel + Data Migration Framework. It was a bit of VBA-Programming but if you ha...

Undo Button in EXCEL 2003
I have noticed in EXCEL 2003 that the undo button seems to time out after about 5 minutes. So, if I am working on a spreadsheet and am called away for a few minutes, after a certain time the UNDO button on the toolbar grays out and you can no longer undo any of your previous actions. Is this normal? Are there any settings for this that can be changed? D Do you use the autosave feature. Once you save a workbook you can no longer undo anything Regards Mark Graesse mark_graesser@yahoo.co Boston M ----- D wrote: ---- I have noticed in EXCEL 2003 that the undo button se...

Excel does not start
Excel in Office XP does not start. After clicking the icon the first screen (very quickly) dislays but goes away. Nothing else happens after that. ??? If you have not tried to re-install excel. Do so. >-----Original Message----- >Excel in Office XP does not start. After clicking the >icon the first screen (very quickly) dislays but goes >away. Nothing else happens after that. ??? >. > Chip Pearson has a web page devoted to diagnosing this kind of error: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Steve wrote: > > Excel in Office XP does not start. After cl...

Excel 2007 unrecognized file format in Excel 2003
2007 & 2003 Note to the file - so to speak: Even if one changes Excel 2007's default file SaveAs format, when 2007 closes, it saves files like Personal.xls as a 2007 file format without the new extension .xlsx My point, I still must save files in 2003 for other's who do not have 2007. If I copy Personal.xls in the Excel StartUp Directory to a 2003 platform, Excel 2003 does not recognize the file format. (The file size is about 50% of the original 2003 file size - which is a strong hint that the file is in the new XML format) Therefore, I created a macro to save Personal.xls i...

HELP: Need macro for excel to get data from server database and use results to populate an Access Database
Hi all, Is there a quick way to do a query on an SQL Server database and have the output put direct into an Access Database? I know how to do it by grabbing the records and then inserting each result one by one, but this takes forever to complete and I am after a quick solution, if it exists. Is anybody able to assist ? is it possible? Thanks in advance for any help! Regards Clint you could link to the SQL Server table(s) from Access, write a SELECT query to pull the records you want, and then turn the query into either an Append query to add the data to a native table in the Acces...

Excel date/time
I want to know how to enter current date and time(both, say exampl 08/01/2004 13:23) in selected cell. I know that for current time ctrl+; and for current date ctrl+shift+; but what about both date and time? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Niskal, Paste this little macro (you can copy it right from here) into your Personal.xls. Sub PasteNow() ActiveCell = Now End Sub You might want to assign it a shortcut key (Tools - Macro - Macros - Select PasteNow - Options), like Shift-N, so you'd use Ctrl-Shift-N for a quick paste any time. If you use Ctrl-N...

My "edit line" is missing from Excel 2000.
When I open an Excel spreadsheet, there is no "edit line." That means I have to make all corrections in the cells, making it necessary to retype all information in the cell. How can I restore the "edit line" in Excel (Microsoft Office 2000)? Hi Pat, Click on View in the menu bar then select Formula bar. Ken Johnson If you are talking about the formula bar go to Tools/Options/View Under Show put a check in the formula bar box. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Excel formula to incrementally increase a value by 1 every 365 day
I need help with correct formula to take a starting date from one cell and place a formula in another cell that will increase the number by one for every 365 days. Employment date 5/30/2010 - 365 days past, new cell shows value "1" representing 1 year Another year passes and the new cell automatically updates to show the value "2" representing 2 years employment Another 365 days pass I need the value of the cell to automatically increase to "3" I tried the IF functions with TODAY() function but don't quite have it solved correctly. Tha...

Print Excel To Word
For weeks I have been surfing and rearranging this file to print just the current or called out active sheet. This wants to do the entire book, any help? just wandering rentapen Sub CopyWorksheetToWord() Dim wdApp As Word.Application Dim wdDoc As Word.Document Dim ws As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.StatusBar = "Creating new document..." Set wdApp = New Word.Application Set wdDoc = wdApp.Documents.Add For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Application.StatusBar = "Copying data from " & ws.Name & ...

Carriage Return in Excel
To insert a carriage return in Excel, I press ALT+ENTER. How do I do this when using "Find and Replace"? I want to replace a given character (",") with a carriage return across a large range of cells. > I want to replace a given character (",") with a carriage return across a > large range of cells. "Find What" = "," ; tab to the "Replace With" box, then type 0010 on the Number keypad while holding down ALT. Click "Replace All". Rgds, Andy Andy Thank you! That was very helpful. Rgds Rod "Andy Brown...

upgraded Excel 97 to 2003, one of our older workbooks wont print .
We have a large number of Excel 2000 worksheets (many generated by macros) we have had no problems except for one sheet in one book that will not print. We print preview and see in this case 3 pages. Printer receives nothing. Our printer is a Xerox Phaser 3115. Only way we can get it to print is Move/Copy to new workbook which then prints OK Any ideas would be appreciated ...

Excel formula

excel formula problem #3
i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E, i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: =COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i want to set up a system that c...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be.
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? Hi Confirmed, until v ersion XP you could finish off with a decimal separator. This behavior changed with Excel 2003, I haven't seen any documentation on the reasons. "Enter decimal" is like 2000.0 which is just as many keystrokes as 200000 but slower. If you d...

phase line in an Excel graph
I am trying to insert pahse lines in a line graph... ...

Excel #2
Can you give an item in one column an automatic dollar value in the next column to the right i.e every time you typed Item123 in column A (any row) then tabbed across to the same row in column B you would automatically get the assigned dollar value eg $10.00. Also want to use various items in one column and various corresponding amounts in next column ...

How to print spellcheck and grammar errors(like w/track changes)?
Hello, I would like to print a document with all the grammar and spellcheck errors highlighted with the red and green squiggly underlined words in order to show my kids the issues visibly for correction and learning. I 've not found a setting like with track changes that makes this possible...can anyone provide a tip on how to make this happen other than 'print screen' and then cropping the picture? -- MfG/BR BRDPARIS It is not possible to do this from Word. Your post suggests the only viable approach - screen capture, but you really need a capture software t...

Excel Comments
How do I change the default position for a Comment. The comment box can be moved around in the spreadsheet. To change size, etc., select and right click the comment box, choose Format Comment. "Paul" wrote: > How do I change the default position for a Comment. ...

Check grammar but not spelling
I'd like to do a grammar check without a spell check. I can see how to turn on "check grammar as you type" and "check spelling as you type", but that's not what I'm looking for. What I want is to perform a complete grammar check, without the spell check. I'm using Word 2003. Thanks. The two functions are irrevocably connected, however if the spelling in the document is corrected, only the grammar will be checked when you click F7. The grammar checker should only ever be used as a guide to possible errors. Computerised grammar checking is...

Faster saves in excel
Hi, How can I speed up the Save process in Excel running in Windows 98? "rmpete" <rmpete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A59DEC4-4278-4CDE-979C-16871AD91F79@microsoft.com... > > Hi, > How can I speed up the Save process in Excel running in Windows 98? > > > > You can try to defrag your disk. /Fredrik ...