Is it possible to setup a self-updating master list?

I want to setup a master data spread sheet that will update automatically
from data entered in muliple other sheets.

Bassically if I enter data additional data into the existing sheets that
data would automatically appear in the Master data sheet.

Does Anyone have any answers?
0
hurts (1)

mbh:

You might try using either VLOOKUP formulas or linking the main tab
with the others.

Could you be more specific or post an example spreadsheet with what you
are trying to do?

--
cparaske
cparaske's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3793

Drop Down List Two Lists of Data
Hi, I have searched this column for quite a while to find a relevant solution to my question but I still have not found it. What I have is two lists. One names SKU and the other Description which is description of what the Item SKU is. In the sames workbook but in a different worksheet i am trying list both of the fields in a drop down using the data validation. So what I am hoping it will do is that if the user knows the SKU they can open the dropdown and then it will populate it automically (i have jerryrigged this by just using a vlookup); but I also want other users that don't kn...

Can I prevent the Setup Solution from building Every time?
Studio.net I'd liek to keep my setup solution, which is in my projects and depends on the project output, from building each time I go to debug. Is there any way to do that? I can select the project and build ony the project but when I want to run (F5) I have to wait for the installer to build each time. THanks You can use the Configuration Manager (under the Build menu) to deselect projects from building when a selected configuration is built. In article <GLWxe.83$6%2.17@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, noemail@all.com says... > Studio.net > I'd liek to keep my setup s...

Cant repair updated version
I have problems accessing reports and system settings, i read somewhere by removing the reporting software and running a repair on the CRM install this would fix my problem. Unfortunatley when i ran the repair i got the following error " The MSI package at the source location has a product version property that is not valid" I have a crm server version installed of 3.0.3500.2 and a cd version of 3.0.3500.0 im not sure how the database on my sevrer has updated but now i cant reapir it... any ideas how i can fix this please? ...

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

Contact List from OWA
Hello, Using Exchange Server 5.5, all service packs, NT 2000 Server. The client computer is a laptop running XP Pro.... When I log on through OWA, the Address book is different depending on where I physically am logging on from. Logging on from the office LAN gives me one address book and logging on remotely over the 'net gives me another address book. Where do I go to configure the address book? If there a setting in 5.5 of do I do it some how from the client laptop? Thanks, Bill Cincinnati, OH USA Try posting this in an Exchange news group as they will have more information and i...

Won't update row in datagrid
I have a XML file that I have bound to a typed Dataset, which goes to a DataView, which is connected to a datagrid. When I enter new data in the last row (empty) row of the datagrid and move off of the datagrid's row the data disapears. AllowNew and AllowEdit of the dataview are both true. ReadOnly of the DataGrid is False. What am I missing? Can you detail how the DataView is set ? I don't seem to have to same problem on DefaultView, nor on an unfiltered DataView ... "Trey" <weaver@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23$XGdhh%23DHA.4088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

How do I copy a Word File to an email that has numbered lists in
When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in the body such as 1. 2. 3. etc. the numbers for each line disappear in the email message. How can I prevent this? Email messages generally don't preserve formatting. Send the Word doc as an attachment, or (probably better) convert it to pdf and send that. On Feb 23, 4:05=A0pm, Edward P <Edward P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in= the > body such as 1. =A0 2. =A0 3. =A0etc. the numbers for each line disappea...

Increase # of contacts in distribution lists
Is there any way possible to increase the total # of contacts (besides editing the contact itself, i.e. only putting name and email) in a distribution list? can we purchase more memory, who can I contact? I'm trying to get the # of contacts from 125 (current list) to about 1,000 contacts via importing from excel. Please help. I believe this limit is imposed by the Exchange Server storage engine. Physical memory has nothing to do with it. You could either store this distribution list and Contacts in a Personal Folder File (PST) instead of in an Exchange Server mailbox, or break ...

setup news
News works in Outlook Express, but not in Outlook. I have tried to setup INTERNET PROPERITIES. for news goups, but it only allows me to select Express. What do I do to change this? Thanks, Jerry Perhaps you were unaware that Outlook is not a news reader. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gerald Preston" <jwp@ont.com> wrote in message news:10paho9dn39qod2@corp.supernews.com... > News works in Outlook Express, but not in Outlook. I have tried to setup > INTERNET PROPERITIES. for news goups, but it only allows me to select > Express. What do I do to change ...

listing cells that have external data link
I bet this has been asked before... Is there a way or a tool to list all cells that are linked to external data sources? Using Excel 2002 Rex Maybe you could use the builtin edit|Find. Search for .xls (or [ or ] Then click the find all button. You'll see a list of all those cells that contain that value--and if you're not using them as plain old text, you should see a list of links. T-Rex wrote: > > I bet this has been asked before... Is there a way or a tool to list all > cells that are linked to external data sources? > Using Excel 2002 > Rex -- Dave Peter...

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.AddServiceAccountsToSqlAccessGroupAction failed
I am trying to install CRM 3.0 on two new machines, located in the same domain. One machine is the CRM Server and the other the SQL and Reporting Services Server (2005) Both machines are running Windows 2003 SP1 Reporting Services are already installed on the SQL 2005 machine. During the installation process, I get the error Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.AddServiceAccountsToSqlAccessGroupAction failed I have tried installing CRM 3.0 both with the Network Service as well as a Domain Account with what I believe the right security permissions but the installation fails with both scenarios. The SQ...

Payroll Tax Update Install is Nuts
Why has GP gone to this crazy delivery process for Payroll Tax Updates? Having to give sa control of my server to some undocumented process via the internet scares me. Here it is, our busiest time of the year, and I have to just trust that the process is safe, I can recover from it, my connection won't drop, etc. We don't become DBAs because we just trust everything to work out ok. We become DBAs because we are CONTROL FREAKS! You do know, of course, that you can always download the updates and apply them manually. However, I have found that the connection time is pretty sho...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Take a look at this critical update
--dtcglfbqdvyshgrrd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ozaiqtxm"; type="multipart/alternative" --ozaiqtxm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eofarzidgiihhy" --eofarzidgiihhy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mai...

Hypertest link auto update #2
Seperated Hypertext Into 5 Cells. Put Stock Ticker Cell Address I Appropiate Spots And Now Get Reports Automatically Updated As The Link Change. Michae -- MJSlatter ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MJSlattery's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1614 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27720 ...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

Another Week and no updates or info about updates
Well another week is about to go by and it looks like we will have another week with no updates, no upgrades, no integration and no information. What a ripoff. Why do you all even bother with giving suggestions? Microsoft appears to not be listening. If they were, they would have given us all something, by now, even if it was just info. Mark, If you have read this ng this week, it was announced that 1.3 would be released next month. Look in the Nov. 15th issue of Insights. It should have a link to the Nov. 17th webinar that describes the updates. http://www.microsoft.com/Busi...

Is Batch Marking Possible?
Hello, I am doing a mass mailing from Outlook. I will print 50 address labels per day. Is there a way for me to batch-mark the contacts for which I print a label? Thanks, Talal Itani ...

update 12.2.4
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I received an email from Microsoft alerting me to the new update for Office 2008 for Mac. I downloaded all 221 MB of it as well as the Silverlight 3.0 program and installed the silverlight. When trying to install the update I get the following message: &quot;Office 2008 12.2.4 update can't be installed on this disk (my Mac harddrive) A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.&quot; <br> What do I need to do now to get the update to install properl...