Is it possible to have more than 65,336 lines in one sheet?

Is it possible to have more than 65,336 lines in one sheet?

I have data to import that has 1,000,000 lines, is it possible to view in
one spreadsheet?
0
Lauren (21)

No, unfortunatelly not.  Try importing your data into Access then querying it
from Excel.... Data->Import External Data->New Database Query.

--
Regards,
Dave

"Lauren" wrote:

> Is it possible to have more than 65,336 lines in one sheet?
>
> I have data to import that has 1,000,000 lines, is it possible to view in
> one spreadsheet?
No

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Lauren" <Lauren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2FFE48-51B2-425E-8156-8046FC401703@microsoft.com...
> Is it possible to have more than 65,336 lines in one sheet?
>
> I have data to import that has 1,000,000 lines, is it possible to view in
> one spreadsheet?

0
rondebruin (3789)
9/15/2005 8:07:47 PM
Afraid not, 256 columns and 65,536 rows are written in stone,
Regards,
Alan.
"Lauren" <Lauren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have more than 65,336 lines in one sheet?
>
> I have data to import that has 1,000,000 lines, is it possible to view in
> one spreadsheet?

0
alan111 (581)

Stacked column chart wit more than one column in a data point
Hi, My colleague has the following data. ,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 A Sales Growth,5%,11%,12%,3%,10%,7%,4%,4% A Comps Growth,5%,7%,5%,4%,2%,8%,6%,4% B Sales Growth,3%,4%,6%,4%,5%,5%,3%,3% B Comps Growth,8%,10%,11%,4%,6%,5%,10%,7% C Sales Growth,1%,1%,3%,4%,6%,4%,1%,2% C Comps Growth,10%,7%,5%,6%,2%,5%,6%,5% and he wants to plot charts in such a way that the years 1998 through 2005 comes in x-axis and within each year there needs to be 3 data points for companies A, B and C. The particular data point for 1999 and for company A need to be of Stacked column chart type with its...

Email #65
Can someone please tell me how to have my outlook open up auto when I start up my computer... Barb Put the shortcut in the startup folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Barbara asked: | Can someone please tell me how to have my outlook open up | auto when I start up my computer... Barb ...

Is it possible

receipt printing with extra lines
HI all, I have a client who wants no extra lines on their receipt. One the screen and using window drivers the I have eleminated the extra lines. However, the Epson tm-t88III printer has extra lines on the receipt. I checked and made sure there is no line wrapping. Any ideas? Thanks -- Crystal Roach ...

Personal Folders in OWA

One part of my border won't print
I am trying to print some invitations and the right side of my border will not print. It is on my print preview screen, but will not print. It is the same distance from the edge of the page as the other three borders. I have even tried just moving it WAY to far inside, and it still won't print. I have tried everything with no success. Please someone help. Is it the entire right side or just a portion? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Rob Drummond" <RobDrummond@discussions.microsoft.c...

Extra line in chart shape text in Visio 2003
When adding text to a chart shape, Visio always adds an extra line on the end. I can go back in and delete it, but it comes back when I click off the shape. I can't find any option setting that governs that action. How can I remove the extra line permanently? Can you be more specific about which shape? Some shapes are defined with the text block containing custom properties. For example, the poistion shape in the OrgChart stencil has a text block that contains two custom properties, one for name and the other for title. If you enter text into the text block, you may see an empty...

Moving an old transaction from one account to another.
I have a *very* strange situation here... Once upon a time, Mr. Pat Smith married Ms. Pat Jones. The Mrs. Pat Smith was a cute oddity for the duration of the marriage. Sadly, the marriage ended. Mrs. Smith did not change her last name back to Jones... Now we have two people in town with the same name. 'Pat Smith'. Mr. Pat Smith bought a mattress set. In RMS, the mattress is on Mrs. Pat Smith's account. This probably would have gone unnoticed for along time, possibly forever, except for the unfortunate demise of the mattress under warranty. Now we need to return the m...

Editing XML data relation line
I am working on a program where I am retrieving data from an Access database through one common dataset. I have already put the database connection component on the form as well as the two data adapters. Here is where I am having problems. I double click on the .xsd file and then go to the schema menu and select add|new relationship. My table names are Employee and Payroll. Employee ID is a primary key in the Employee table and a foreign key in the Payroll table. I need to define a DataRelation link with Employee ID. The problem is that when the parent table is set to Employee and the ch...

Automated Attendance Sheets
Hi, I had posted this question a few days ago, and Dave P. replied on Oct 05 2004. let me rephrase the question. A master sheet contains data for all employees shift details for all days of the month . The sheet looks something like this Name 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04 04/10/04 05/10/04 06/10/04 ..... a D N D N D O b N N O D D D .. .. .. What I'd like Excel to do is this: 1. A menu which asks...

Excel 2007
Dear group, We have some engineers that have fairly intesive graphs with tons of data points on them. When we open the Excel 2003 graph with Excel 2007 and try to print the graph there is no data line or curve. Our axis' and titles show up, even our 2 pt colored vertical lines appear. Now, when we take all the data from this 2003 excel sheet and create a new 2007 sheet and create the graph from the data it prints fine. Also the 2003 graph will print frin ewhen opened from excel 2003. We've tried the convert tool in 2007 when opening a 2003 workbook and still no graph. We have a multit...

How can I automatically enter repeating data from one table to ano
Hi I am a novice so if you can help please do. I have set up a database and have a range of tables established for each of my categories and they seem to be working well. How do I get the database to automatically fill in repeating data (ie names) from one table to the next so I don't have to keep retyping? Hope this makes sense. Please help in simple English. Here's hoping!!! Sally In a properly designed relational database system, you shouldn't have the same data in multiple tables. You may want to read up on Database Normalization. Jeff Conrad has some goo...

line spacing #2
How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". You are using a stationary that uses double lines. Try a different stationary or none at all "crossfire" wrote: > How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? > My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". > "crossfire" wrote: > How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? > My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". I appreciat...

copying sheet within workbook
I have resently come across the following problem which has never occured before. After setting up a worksheet within a workbook with the formatting desired and formulas and text desired, lets call it sheet1 for ease of discussion, I would copy it into the same workbook and rename it sheet2. After making text changes to it I would then make a copy of it wanting to rename it sheet3 but before copying a window would pop up saying "formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains 'wrn.PAGE2.' which already exists on the destination worksheet". After clicking OK the s...

2007 line chart, can't make some gridlines heavier than others
Hi, I had a nice line chart in 2003 with two lines, one for Planned and one for Actual. Across the bottom axis I had years, e.g. 2006, 2007, etc. These years were major gridlines formatted in heavy black and ran vertically. Up the left vertical axis was percent. The reports come in quarterly, therefore, between each yearly heavy gridline, there were 4 quarterly gridlines. So every 4th gridline was heavy black (representing the start of each year), and in between were 3 quarterly gridlines that were light black. The difference between the heavy annual lines with the 3 ligh...

Coloured sheet tabs
How do I colour my sheet tabs in Excel 2000 Hi not possible. This feature was introduced with Excel 2002 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Shortmatbowler" <Shortmatbowler@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:781380A6-B5F1-463F-86E9-65960024B7F9@microsoft.com... > How do I colour my sheet tabs in Excel 2000 Hi Sorry you can't. Not available until later version, XP I believe "Shortmatbowler" wrote: > How do I colour my sheet tabs in Excel 2000 Sorry - Excel 2002 not XP "mzehr" wrote: > Hi > Sorry you can&#...

excel graphs line correctly, shows wrong value label?
I have a graph that is graphing the line in relation to the values on the x & y axis correctly but its showing a value label that is totally wrong??? I clicked on the line and checked where the line is refrencing its info from and its from the correct boxes on my excel sheet, when I hold my mouse curser over the plotted point at issue it says Value:58% which would be correct? HOw do I make it display the correct value without always having to type it in by hand (this is a template for many projects)?????????????? The other thing is all the other posted values are correct on all line...

Footer
I am using Excel 2000. I have several charts with footers that all contain the file location at the left margin and the printed date at the right margin. Now my boss wants me to add "confidential and proprietary information" in the center. I did this and said OK. At the first OK, I could see the verbage in the little box. But when I went to view the chart the added center footer information was not there. I went back to view the footer and it was not there also. I did this about 5 times all with the same result. I did this on a couple of different charts all with the sa...

OWA: contacts at public folder to be one of the addresses for OWA email
Hi...we are using Exchange 2003 OWA, since there are a company's contact available at public folder, so we would like to have the OWA user be able to pick the contact there, however the OWA only has the options to pick from the GAL(global address list or personal contacts). How to enable the contacts at public folder to be one of the address options for OWA client? Thanks, Fshguo. You could write code. What you want is not yet in the feature set of OWA. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "fshguo" <fshguo@hotmail.c...

One of my 3 Fidelity accounts not updating
I have 3 accounts at Fidelity (Roth, Rollover, Brokerage accounts). All are accessed by using the SS# as account name and a password. Money 2004 is able to download statements for Roth and Brokerage but not Rollover accounts. I get the msg: "Your request to get statements for Rollover IRA failed. Please try your call again. If you see this message again, call Customer Support number for your financial institution, listed in the Contact Information place in the Online area. More details: General Error" I like the "More Details" part. I can get to all 3 (like as usual...

format change on Copy sheet
Help needed! I am getting data format corruptions on move or copying a sheet. My sheet has data, as chart and some formulas. After Copyig a sheet dat formats display like # #### #### and change to left justified including on some other sheets that have nothing to do with what I am doing. How can this happen? How can I prevent it. I could like to email someone the file to take a look at. Glenn Glenn, It sounds as if you're selecting cells, and copy/pasting. Maybe copying the entire sheet would do better. Right-click the sheet tab, Move or Copy, etc. If your formulas refer to stuf...