Is it possible to create a macro to group?

I am trying to create a macro that will reference specific cells and then
depending on the result of those cells will "group & outline" several other
rows?

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Try recording a macro when you do it once manually to see if that helps.

But I think I'd try to use excel's built in Data|Subtotals.

If your data that should be grouped isn't the same (but still needs to be
grouped), then you'll have to do some more work.

I'd insert a helper column and somehow give each group its own unique
indicator.  Then Data|subtotal will work nicely.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Is it possible

having trouble creating chart to show monthly totals
Hi I'm using office XP. I keep a single spreadsheet were I record orders received. Its a very simple sheet with one order per row. In col B I place the date the order was received (in the format DD/MM/YY) I'd like to make a chart (pie or column) which displays the total number of orders per month so that I can see at a glance when were busy and quieter periods. I've tried using the wizard but all I ever get is a mess and not what I expect to see at all. I suspect I may need to separate my data by month? But is there a way for Excel to work that out for itself from a sin...

Minimum permissions needed to create mailboxes
We have Windows 2000 Active Directory and Exchange 2000. How can I give someone the minimum permissions needed to create mailboxes without giving them Domain Admin or Exchange Admin permissions? Thanks. Hello, I can give you a start.. not a whole solution. Since mailboxes is nearly users in Exchange 2000 you must give the rights/permission to create a user. I would delegrate at the lowest lever (OU) and run the delegation wizard and give him/her the rights/permission to creat user and Exchange attributes Hope this helps :) /John "JB" wrote: > We have Windows 2000 Active Dir...

How to NOT autosend workflow created emails?
I can't find the answer to this. Is it possible to create an email as part of a workflow and not have it automatically sent? I want to queue the email as part of a sales process so that the opportunity owner can then modify the email content or add custom attachments before sending to the contact. To date, I've been creating tasks to send emails, but it seems a little redundant. It's not uncommon that an email template still requires considerable ad-hoc modification before sending that can't be accomplished through slugs or dynamic content. when you write .Net asse...

creating a custom signature
I want to create a custom signature to sign ALL emails automatically. Also wish to add to that below my signature my personal mission statement. how do I do this? Hello Diane, The tutorial below can help show you how to create and setup a signature in Windows Mail. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94853-windows-mail-signatures.html Hope this helps, Shawn Diane;1253171 Wrote: > I want to create a custom signature to sign ALL emails automatically. > Also wish to add to that below my signature my personal mission > statement. > how do I do this? -- B...

Save-As Macro
I need a simple Save-As macro but I need to save to the current name and path (overwrite) It's easy to record a macro to do the Save-As command, but it uses the specific file name and path in the script. Is there a string that will just reference the current file name in the current directory, so the macro will work in any file without having to modify it. Don't ask me why, but I need to do a Save-As as opposed to a Save to make a different macro work. Save -As must do something slightly different. Below is what I have now ************ ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ ...

Personal Folders in OWA

How do I create a dual axes column chart in Excel
Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. Alok, This example should help: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/two_column_series_with_two_axes/ -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Alok" wrote: > Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the > moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. ...

Problems with backupexec 10d second storage group info. store restoration.
We have three mail box mailbox groups, we backup the information stores using backup exec 10d I have confirmed that mailbox permissions are the same for all three. But the problems is that when I try to restore using the recovery storage group I am successful using backup exec for the first storage group but it does not work for the second or third. I have dismounted the first storage group and deleted the files and have added the second storage group to the recovery storage group but I get the below error. The error from backup exec is: Final error: 0xe000ff00 - Unable to restore some Mi...

pivot table macro
I want to create a pivot table using the pivot table wizzard from a worksheet into a worksheet with the name table by running a macro. when I record the macro I create the pivot table using the wizzard and it works fine but when I try to run the macro again it errors "unable to get the pivot tables property of the worksheet class" any help? Hi Post the code you have created -- Regards Roger Govier "skippy51" <skippy51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0E655DC-B0D8-4FB5-901E-1EA30CF6E089@microsoft.com... > I want to create a pivot table usi...

Create Web Share
Hi Gurus, I know how to create shared folder. But don't have any idea how to create a web share. I'll appreciate any help/suggestion I get. Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: >Hi Gurus, >I know how to create shared folder. >But don't have any idea how to create a web share. Hi Dan, If I understand this correctly, you should be able to create a share like you usually do on a server that has IIS and then you can reference it via a URL, such as http:\\servername\sharename HTH, Michael I need to create the web share using vb.net. Thanks, Dan "m...

Set "ALWAYS CREATE BACKUP" Option
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01CAA986.C6CD3710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In Excel, I keep setting the "always create backup" in the "save as" = tools>options menu, but it keeps on getting erased. How can I = automatically produce and keep backups in Word, and Excel on a times = basis. Using Windows XP and MS Office Professional components if Office = 2000, although I have Office 2007, but have not installed it as yet? = Thanks. ------=_Next...

Waiting for Input in a macro
In a macro I am running, the cursor is required to select a cell 'E1', where the user is expected to enter some value and once the value is entered, the macro should execute the remaining lines. However, I am unable to cause the macro to wait till the input is actually entered and the macro executes all the lines without waiting for input. Can someone suggest a solution ? Range("E1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "" ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$I$51" ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Coll...

Bank reconsolidation/Create Outstanding list
Is there a template or macro that can match downloaded bank information with general ledger information exported to excel. Then create an outstanding list and list of discrepancies. Thank you. If your downloaded bank information is in the form of a text or csv fil then both can be imported directly to Excel. Comparison then is relatively easy if both sets of information star with a date field for instance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Sam! It's unlikely that there will be such a template because different banks record the data in different ways. If you can co...

How to create a CImage into a COleDataObject?
I need to create a COleDataObject from a CImage to be used in another application. But I can't get it right... The receiving application works fine with PBrush-objects, but I can't get my to look like that. Please help me!! If I do like this: image.save("temp.bmp", Gdiplus::ImageFormatBMP); oledataItem.CreateFromFile("temp.bmp", CLSID_NULL, OLERENDER_ASIS, CF_BITMAP, NULL); CLSID clsid; CString strProgramName = "PBrush"; LPOLESTR progid = strProgramName.AllocSysString(); ::CLSIDFromProgID(progid, &clsid); oledataItem.ConvertTo(clsid); CString strUse...

mailbox unable to create for a user in exchange 2003
Hi, I am facing a problem with exchange mail box creation for a user in our company. Actually, we have a datacenter with PDC (like PDC.abc.com) and Additional Domain Controller (like EXG.abc.com) with Enterprise exchange server 2003 installed in it. And I was installed a child domain (TEST0.test.abc.com) with windows 2003 server standard edition, exchange server 2003. Installation was successful and I didn’t get any error messages in installation log file. And replication is happening properly from child domain to PDC and child domain ADC and vise versa. Now, I am trying to create a user in c...

Create sequence number for table
Hi, I have a table with a Title field, comment field and a Sequence field. I would like code to sort the table by Title and then fill in the Sequence field based on the order of the records. The first record would have a sequence number of 1, the second record a 2, etc. Can someone help me with code to do this? Thanks in advance. "Phillip" <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:432342F6-AD55-405B-8CDF-43414FBE421D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a table with a Title field, comment field and a Sequence field. I > would like ...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Macros #20
Problem Description: The default file location to open and save files on our network is our S:\ drive. However, I have one excel worksheet that, when completed, needs to be saved to a different drive (E:\ drive). Unfortunately, no one remembers to change the drive letter when saving these special forms, so these worksheets, that our auditors look for, are never saved in the correct location and makes them difficult to find when needed. I want to create a macro so that after completion of this special auditing form, the user can click a hotkey sequence (CTRL-X) and the form will autom...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...