It seems like a simple thing to do but I can't find a function anywhere.

Cheers,

Richard Thorneycroft
Husky Products

If you enter something in ONE cell it is automatically in a row and a
column. So, perhaps a bit more explanation is in order.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Richard Thorneycroft" <dancecommander81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to automatically move data entered in columns into rows?
>
> It seems like a simple thing to do but I can't find a function anywhere.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard Thorneycroft
> Husky Products

0
Don
11/16/2004 3:56:47 PM
sounds like you are talking about tranposing the data
edit>paste special> transpose.
the automatic part is a little foggy. you need to know
where you are going to tranpose the data.

0
anonymous (74721)
11/16/2004 4:19:42 PM
It depends on what you mean by "automatically".

You could try "Transpose".
Select a column of data.
Right click in the selection and choose "Copy".
Right click in a cell where you wish to start the row of data, and choose
"PasteSpecial".
Click on "Transpose", then <OK>.

Don't forget ... you only have 256 columns, so you can only copy (transpose)
256 rows at a time.
--

HTH,

RD

"Richard Thorneycroft" <dancecommander81@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It seems like a simple thing to do but I can't find a function anywhere.

Cheers,

Richard Thorneycroft
Husky Products

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
11/16/2004 4:30:49 PM
in article 9e2f3f75.0411160750.7003c6ab@posting.google.com, Richard
Thorneycroft at dancecommander81@hotmail.com wrote on 11/16/04 9:50 AM:

> Is it possible to automatically move data entered in columns into rows?
>
> It seems like a simple thing to do but I can't find a function anywhere.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard Thorneycroft
> Husky Products
Hi

Try making a copy of the columns on a fresh worksheet.  Then copy the column
and paste in another location using paste special transpose.  It will turn
columns into rows and rows into columns.  I always experiment on a trial
copy so if it's a mess you can try again.

bye

Darlene

0
darlene1 (13)
11/16/2004 4:30:55 PM
Yeah sorry, a bit of a rushed post there.

If data was entered in Column 'A' in rows 1 to 26 and I wanted to
change it to being in Row 1 in columns 'A' to 'Z'.

I've got it now using the Transpose function.

Thanks everyone.
Thanks Darlene, worked a treat.

Entering data on custom forms.
1. I just want to make forms on worksheets, link the cells to a data base for data compilation. 2. I want to use the data collected to create various reports. 3. I want to set up the data to interact with Outlook in various ways. I'm not even sure which version of Excel I'm using. I right click on the Excel icon and check properties and it says it was created in '03 and modified today, when I installed the add-in for the template wizard which I thought was the answer to my prayers, but when I tried a little sample. I noticed the data I entered into my worksheet did not tran...

down arrow key moves down, but it moves across to the right on continuse form
I have a continuse form. When I hit down arrow key, it highlight moves across to the right instead of same field next record. Is it possible to move down when pressing down arrow and move up when pressing up arrow? Set the Key Preview property of the form to Yes In the KeyDown event of the form place the following code: Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Label Select Case KeyCode Case vbKeyDown DoCmd.GoToRecord Record:=acNext KeyCode = 0 Case vbKeyUp DoCmd.GoToRecord Record:=acPrevious KeyCode = 0 ...

Update Rollup 2 - Automatic Installation
I have followed the instructions at http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2009/01/20/update-rollup-2-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0.aspx The clients get prompted to install the update as expected. I have it so that each client gets the update direct from the Internet. The install completes as expected, and is shown as installed. However after the reboot the prompt comes up again saying it needs to be installed, even though it can be seen in add/remove programs as being installed. Has anyone got any suggestions? On Jan 29, 10:56=A0am, NotR...@Mail.net wrote: > I have followed the instruc...

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...

I need a formula to calculate 2-3 columns but skip a column if it has a zero
I'm building a Golf League spreadsheet and we want to calculate handicaps starting with the second week (calculates 2 weeks) and then after the 3rd week calculates every 3 weeks. Columns B-S are the individual weeks scores for each golfer (golfers listed by row 4-33), each column (b-s) has a formula which pulls the golfers score from the input worksheet(weekly input) to this worksheet(scorecard). Starting with Column V we are trying to have the running handicap for the year which changes each week. Column W is the first week handicap =AVERAGE(B4-36)*0.8 (this ones easy) Column X is the se...

Altering Combo Box Choices and the bearing on historical data....
I am wracking my brain trying to not screw up years of data in a database I created at work. I need to updated some drop down menu choices and some that have been used need to be eliminated. I am kind of brainfarting here and I want to make sure that by changing these items or removing them that it will not affect the historical data in the tables where the full records are kept. I need some reassurance if at all possible. I made a dummy database and have played around with it and it seems to maintain the data but this is a little nervewracking. My only other option if this w...

how do you colour alternate visible rows only
Can anyone help me with this problem ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ try this Sub colorvisiblerows() x = Range("a" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp) Rows("1:" & x).Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone For i = 2 To x Step 2 Cells(i, 1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) _ .EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next i End Sub "mlynch" <mlynch.wh6ua@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mlynch.wh6ua@excelforum-nospam.com.....

how do i enter numbers starting with zero in excel
i am trying to enter account numbers into my worksheet but when i hit return it removes the leading zeroes, how do i keep them. FORMAT / CELLS / NUMBER / TEXT ok HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "achitsyerself" wrote: > i am trying to enter account numbers into my worksheet but when i hit return > it removes the leading zeroes, how do i keep them. Type a leading apostrophe - makes it text, which is fine for numbers you're not going to use in arithmetic calcs. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "achitsyerself" <achitsyerself@discussi...

Move server wizard?
How can we use Move server wizard to migrate from one Exchange 5.5 organization to another Exchange 5.5. Where can I find this wizard? Is this part of Exchange 5.5 Cd or need to be installed separately?? Regards Ikram 259840 XADM: How to Obtain Move Server Wizard http://support.microsoft.com/?id=259840 Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ikram Ali" <ikramali1@hotm...

Using Windows Excel 2003, File names automatically are created ??
At work, we're using a failrly large Excel file, about 22MB. Lately and randomly, I am seeing Excel creating file names (with no extensions!) such as for example, 9CCB1700 and 323C1700. These two were created by Excel within minutes of each other and each nearly the same data size as the file we're working on. Excel places the file in the same directory as the file we're working on. Does anyone understand what's happening? When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension) in the same folder. If the save is suc...

Returning multiple text data into 1 column from many column entrie
Hi. I have a large worksheet that contains records of avtivities from record 3 and onwards with logic link predecessors to other activities in columns E through IT. I want Excel to identify where there is a logical link represented by an Integer number in columns E though IT and return the cell data into column D record by record as indicated below. Where there is more than 1 entries in columns E through IT the returned data in column D needs to be separated by a comma. Preferrably I would like to avoid having a comma at the end if possible. I would appreciate if someone cou...

Data Manipulation (Trees?)
I have a set of records (over 5,000). Each record as a key tag and has multipel pointer to "Children". The Number of "Children" can be over 100. Example: rcd #1 ---> Rcd#5, Rcd#100, Rcd #2 On May 15, 4:02 pm, Pete <petebea...@comcast.net> wrote: > I have a set of records (over 5,000). Each record as a key tag and > has multipel pointer to "Children". The Number of "Children" can be > over 100. > > Example: > rcd #1 ---> Rcd#5, Rcd#100, Rcd #2 oooh for fast/fat finges: Lets continue: Rcd#2 -----> Rcd...

Data extract
Greetings, I need a date for specific product purchase. The data provided me was arranged as follows: Customer IDs in column A. Subsequent columns are alternating between product ID and Date. I only require the date of purchase for product K5, however each customer may have that product listed in a different column from others. Small example to illustrate; I apologize as the formatting will not appear correct: Customer ID Product Date Product Date Product Date 1234 A1 1/2/10 B4 12/1/09 K5 10/12/...

Retrieving data from multiple records
How do I put data from multiple records in one report on one line. I have parents in one table and children in another. Each child has its own record. How can I include a sentence like this in a report when the children's names come from various records: "Thank you for registering Brianna, Sean, and Emma for our art workshop." Also, there are other children in the family who were not registered. Using Access 2003. Thanks for your help. There is a generic function that will concatenate the child records at http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T...

Moving large amount of data
I have a stored procedure that we've been using here for many months that allows us to migrate data from a production databse to test and dev so we always have fresh (and real) data to play with. I couldn't just backup/restore as I may have added new stored procs or new columns to the target tables and I don't want these overwritten. The solution was to create a data-driven stored proc that would iterate all the tables that the source and target have in common. Then, for each table, it would iterate all the columns that are in common to create a dynamic INSERT INTO...SELECT...

Windows resize small and stay stuck when moving from external monitor to laptop only
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have a window open in word on my external monitor, then unplug my laptop, when I open up my laptop again, the word window is shrunk to a 1/4 of the size and it can't be dragged/resized larger. I have to quit and restart word. How can I fix this? Click the little Display icaon at the top of your screen. Adjust the resolution smaller, then adjust it back to where you want it. Then it allows you to drag/resize. Marty Koenig CxO To Go TonyD@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 2008 >Operating System: Mac ...

Macro to update a column in a work based on another work sheet
My excel knowledge is enough to be dangerous. I have two work sheets. Both have multiple columns and two of the columns are then same on both work sheets. Currently, I do all the updating by hand for these columns: case # and status. I really need a macro or a way to update the two columns on work sheet 2 based on what is in work sheet 1. It woudl compare a case #s and then update the status column on work sheet 2 to match the status in work sheet 1. I see alot with vlookup, never used it. Regards, Jeb Hi, I assume your case # in sheet1 is in column A, your status in sh...

is there a way to automatically insert and print random pictures
I am trying to create greeting cards using a variety of different pictures on the cover. Is there a way to automatically insert them from a file so each card has a different picture? You could setup a data base with the pictures, use the catalog merge. Help here Create a catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP101921831033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "judy" <judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D33513D-9069-47E9-AB24-E4C88EA8D4C0@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create greeting cards using a variety o...

File exeed the 2GByte of size when I EDIT blob column contents
Hi! I edit a table column (type of OLE object) in a loop (all record) with DAO CdbRecordset. The columns contents will decrease with 12 byte. The size of the (Access 2000 type) mdb file at the beginning is 1 GByte and it grown to 2 GByte (and the program stop with error). Why grown the file of size if I edit its content and decrease it? Thanks for any idea. Imre ...

neep help,CSV,import data
My problem is the following: - I have this contacts in my outlook personal folders - I've installed MS CRM - Now I want to add these contacts to the CRM server - I exported them from outlook2003 as CSV file - Then I imported them to MS CRM using the import wizard - While importing the Arabic names appears as unreadable characters - Any ideas……..plz..... ...

Copying data to an external Program
Hi Fellow excellians, i have a little problem that somebody out there is excelworld might be able to help me I would like help on the following:- i have a email address in cell A1, when i click the email addy it fires up outlook and then copy and paste some data into the body of the email and then send the email. Can anybody help me please and i would be bery grateful Thanks in advance Steve For a better way, look here. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Debby Bunce" <debbybunce@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news...

Why won't data hide?
Why does hidden data still appear when a chart is generated from a pivot table? How can I make a series disappear when I hide the column in the pivot chart? Hi, If you hide the column manually it will still be displayed in the chart. Because the chart is liked to the pivot table. If you hide the column via the field filter the information should disappear from the chart. Cheers Andy Margie wrote: > Why does hidden data still appear when a chart is generated from a pivot > table? How can I make a series disappear when I hide the column in the pivot > chart? ...

How to sort when info is grouped in rows?
Hi, I have a .csv file that I've opened in excel - the data is grouped so that column A contains groups of data, for example, row 1 will be the name, row 2 will be address, 3 is city, 4 is province, 5 is postal code. It then has a couple of blank rows, then some useless info for the next 3 rows, then starts back with the name, address grouping again. I'm trying to figure out how to sort it so that the info in the row becomes sorted into columns i.e. column for name, address, city, etc and eliminate the blank and useless rows. Can someone tell me how to do this - having much fun gett...

count identical values in 2 rows
I use Excel 2007 I have a table of about 50 columns and 60 rows. Each row must be compared with the first row of the table: Is there a formula, that counts the number of cells in each row that has an identical value with the corresponding cell in the header? Piet, Is this what you mean =COUNTIF(B2:AX2,A2) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Piet" wrote: > I use Excel 2007 > > I have a table of about 50 columns an...

Sorting Grouped & Non-grouped Rows
Hi, I have a worksheet listing all the tenants in an industrial business park. The first row is column headings then each company's details are listed....one company per row. There happen to be several Industrial Malls/Multi-tenant buildings in the park. For these I have grouped the individual tenants under the owner of the Building(bold below). Each tenant has their own data and the owner of the building (Company C below) display aggregate data from all its tenants Company A Company D COMPANY C (INDUSTRIAL MALL/MULTI-TENANT BUILDING) ...COMPANY E ...COMPANY F ...COMPANY H Company ...