It seems like a simple thing to do but I can't find a function anywhere.

Cheers,

Richard Thorneycroft
Husky Products

If you enter something in ONE cell it is automatically in a row and a
column. So, perhaps a bit more explanation is in order.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Richard Thorneycroft" <dancecommander81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to automatically move data entered in columns into rows?
>
> It seems like a simple thing to do but I can't find a function anywhere.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard Thorneycroft
> Husky Products

0
Don
11/16/2004 3:56:47 PM
sounds like you are talking about tranposing the data
edit>paste special> transpose.
the automatic part is a little foggy. you need to know
where you are going to tranpose the data.

0
anonymous (74717)
11/16/2004 4:19:42 PM
It depends on what you mean by "automatically".

You could try "Transpose".
Select a column of data.
Right click in the selection and choose "Copy".
Right click in a cell where you wish to start the row of data, and choose
"PasteSpecial".
Click on "Transpose", then <OK>.

Don't forget ... you only have 256 columns, so you can only copy (transpose)
256 rows at a time.
--

HTH,

RD

"Richard Thorneycroft" <dancecommander81@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It seems like a simple thing to do but I can't find a function anywhere.

Cheers,

Richard Thorneycroft
Husky Products

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
11/16/2004 4:30:49 PM
in article 9e2f3f75.0411160750.7003c6ab@posting.google.com, Richard
Thorneycroft at dancecommander81@hotmail.com wrote on 11/16/04 9:50 AM:

> Is it possible to automatically move data entered in columns into rows?
>
> It seems like a simple thing to do but I can't find a function anywhere.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard Thorneycroft
> Husky Products
Hi

Try making a copy of the columns on a fresh worksheet.  Then copy the column
and paste in another location using paste special transpose.  It will turn
columns into rows and rows into columns.  I always experiment on a trial
copy so if it's a mess you can try again.

bye

Darlene

0
darlene1 (13)
11/16/2004 4:30:55 PM
Yeah sorry, a bit of a rushed post there.

If data was entered in Column 'A' in rows 1 to 26 and I wanted to
change it to being in Row 1 in columns 'A' to 'Z'.

I've got it now using the Transpose function.

Thanks everyone.
Thanks Darlene, worked a treat.

I want gmail to open automatically in Outlook 2003
I have XP Home Edition. Gmail is my only email account in Outlook 2003, and I would like to rig things so that the inbox of gmail comes up automatically upon starting Outlook. Can I do this? Sure. tools, options, other tab, advanced options - start up in this folder option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTE...

Is it possible

How do I create a dual axes column chart in Excel
Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. Alok, This example should help: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/two_column_series_with_two_axes/ -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Alok" wrote: > Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the > moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. ...

Format so first column always appears
I have a wide worksheet and want the first column to always appear as I scroll to the other columns. I would look it up but I can't figure out where to look and under what title. Thanks It's referred to as Freeze Panes. Position your cursor in B1 then click on View | Freeze Panes | Freeze Panes (Excel 2007 or later), or Window | Freeze Panes (Excel 2003 or earlier). Hope this helps. Pete On Aug 20, 1:26=A0am, Gianni <gia...@gianni.com> wrote: > I have a wide worksheet and want > the first column to always appear > as I scroll to the other columns. > > I would...

Personal Folders in OWA

Automatically Creating Addresses for Accounts using workflow
I would like to automatically populate the address2 and address3 fields in the Account table with the same information as in address1 if these fields have not been manually populated. The aim is to auatomatically create bill to and ship addresses the same as the primary without entering all these fields. I have written a workflow rule which is If Account.address2_line1 is null then Update: Account.address2_line1 = &Account.address1_line1; end if However this is just putting the literal text ie "&Account.address1_line1;" into the Account.address2_line1 field....

Pivot Table- Column 2 sort
How can I sort a Pivot Table by the 2nd (or any other) column? I've selected a cell and hit the A-Z Z-A Sort button, but it only works on column 1. Thanks! Right click on the column and select Field Settings | Advanced to access the sort options... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "srpd" wrote: > How can I sort a Pivot Table by the 2nd (or any other) column? I've selected > a cell and hit the A-Z Z-A Sort button, but it only works on column 1. > Thanks! Difficult to answer without knowing the structure of your underlying data and what, exactly...

Moving an old transaction from one account to another.
I have a *very* strange situation here... Once upon a time, Mr. Pat Smith married Ms. Pat Jones. The Mrs. Pat Smith was a cute oddity for the duration of the marriage. Sadly, the marriage ended. Mrs. Smith did not change her last name back to Jones... Now we have two people in town with the same name. 'Pat Smith'. Mr. Pat Smith bought a mattress set. In RMS, the mattress is on Mrs. Pat Smith's account. This probably would have gone unnoticed for along time, possibly forever, except for the unfortunate demise of the mattress under warranty. Now we need to return the m...

How can I automatically enter repeating data from one table to ano
Hi I am a novice so if you can help please do. I have set up a database and have a range of tables established for each of my categories and they seem to be working well. How do I get the database to automatically fill in repeating data (ie names) from one table to the next so I don't have to keep retyping? Hope this makes sense. Please help in simple English. Here's hoping!!! Sally In a properly designed relational database system, you shouldn't have the same data in multiple tables. You may want to read up on Database Normalization. Jeff Conrad has some goo...

Excel 2007
Dear group, We have some engineers that have fairly intesive graphs with tons of data points on them. When we open the Excel 2003 graph with Excel 2007 and try to print the graph there is no data line or curve. Our axis' and titles show up, even our 2 pt colored vertical lines appear. Now, when we take all the data from this 2003 excel sheet and create a new 2007 sheet and create the graph from the data it prints fine. Also the 2003 graph will print frin ewhen opened from excel 2003. We've tried the convert tool in 2007 when opening a 2003 workbook and still no graph. We have a multit...

Move To Folder...
I used Moved to Folder option on an email and double clicked on my mailbox and the message is gone anyone know where this could of gone? I have Outlook 2000 TIA D ...

Export report templates
I would like to export the standard and modified reports from Great Plains 6.0 and am not familiar with this application. Is this feature available for both FRx reports and the vanilla standard reports that come with Great Plains. Any assistance in how to obtain this information either in a text, csv format etc would be appreciated. For FRx, you can export to Excel and other formats. Within FRx you would go to the Report Catalog and pick the report you want to print. On the output tab select the type of destination you want. Click the Generate report button. There are no vanilla repo...

Export Access Data Project Queries to old Access .mdb file
I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb file. What is the best way to do this? In the new .mdb go to the menu bar, click file, Get external data, and Import. Select the orignal .mdb file and then the items. >-----Original Message----- >I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb >file. What is the best way to do this? >. > ...

Data Consolidation
Hi Team, Any idea about the Data consolidation in excel . I have multiple excel sheets and want to consolidate it without losing the data. other than RDB data merge . Thank you, Shivaprasad hi Shivaprasad, If those files have all the same schema, you can do it with a VBA macro using mso. -- isabelle Le 2011-10-20 21:47, shivaprasad . shetty a �crit : > Hi Team, > > Any idea about the Data consolidation in excel . I have multiple excel > sheets and want to consolidate it without losing the data. other than > RDB data merge . > > Thank you, > Shivaprasad ...

Database Moving
I need to move the databases from one server to another. I don't really care if it's easy or hard it just needs to get done. If some one can point me in the right direction or if there is a tool out there I can use that would be great. And unfortunatly we are still on version 1.0 over here. Would it maybe be easier to upgrade to 1.2 before moving or after moving? Mike, I would suggest upgrading to 1.2 first and then migrating using the redeployment tool (available on MSDN). Stephen "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:351401c4a...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Automatic Email Address for "Notes"
Hi there - I have a user who regularly sends "notes" to a public folder and cc's me. I'm not sure what happened, but recently, when she types in the start of the e-mail/note address, she gets two names. They both then get hung up in the MTA and get bounced back to her. I was trying to delete the wrong one by highlighting it and it still didn't work. I retyped the correct SMTP address that I was able to find and when I use that, it works. But it still doesn't seem to resolve itself. Does it make a difference if she is using Word as an editor?? I know t...

SendKeys with enter
hi all i'm trying to use SendKeys to simulate rutine action. i'm doing the actions on web based system but from some reason after using the enter in the sendkeys the rest of the actions are not working this is the code Dim i, J As Long Range("A1").Select While Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 4 Selection.Offset(1, 0).Select Wend Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 4 i = Selection.Cells SendKeys "%{TAB}", True SendKeys "{DEL}", True SendKeys i, True SendKeys "{ENTER}", True SendKeys "{TAB}", True SendKeys "{TAB}", True Se...

Long Parallel Columns
I am looking for a way to create very long parallel columns in Word. I am trying to create a document in two languages (English on left and Spanish on right) so that by scrolling down the document, I can compare the two versions at the same time. I know that I can create tables for such a thing on a small scale. But these documents are very long (think books) and linking one text column to another across multiple pages seems to causes problems. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. In Word the only practical way to do this is with a table. Just make sure that you st...

Easy Data Transfer?
Is copying Outlook.pst from my desktop to laptop the easiest way to transfer data, including email, in order to use Outlook on my laptop while on an extended auto trip? "Don B." <deebee@jhu.edu> wrote in message news:ED6C4656-920A-4290-8759-CDE7D002A95A@microsoft.com... > Is copying Outlook.pst from my desktop to laptop the easiest way to > transfer data, including email, in order to use Outlook on my laptop while > on an extended auto trip? See here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp ...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...