Is a Drop Down box the best function to use?

I have a worksheet template that I want use for 70 different countries. I am
trying to figure out a way that allows me to choose and then fill out the
template for a chosen country without having to create 70 worksheets. ie. I
don't want to create a mother of a file. Can I somehow incorporate a drop
down box or something similar which allows me to do this?

0
Ant (53)

Hi
Have a look at Data|Validation. Using this you can create a drop-down box
and link the list to a range of cells.

Andy.

"Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a worksheet template that I want use for 70 different countries. I
>am
> trying to figure out a way that allows me to choose and then fill out the
> template for a chosen country without having to create 70 worksheets. ie.
> don't want to create a mother of a file. Can I somehow incorporate a drop
> down box or something similar which allows me to do this?

0
andybayley (21)
5/20/2005 6:33:43 PM
Debra Dalgleish has some very nice notes if you've never used this feature
before:

--

Dave Peterson
0

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

how do i use format cells to alpha / numeric values
HAVE A STRING OF DATA i WANT TO ENTER into a cell, but I also want to set format to set the values. eg. if I put in asd123 I want it to appear as ASD123 but there are also occasions when I will put in a different mix of letters/numbers a12s3d, which I also want to come out as A12S3D. I can do this in Access but cant seem to crack the code in excel. Please help. Try =UPPER(E2) HTH Regards, Howard "Samvid69" <Samvid69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:701E3143-A79D-4FDE-8661-325795CE50F0@microsoft.com... > HAVE A STRING OF DATA i WANT T...

Combo Box Problem
Hi friends can anyone tell me how i can add a string to combo box runtime . i have used one editbox and one combo box in my program. i need to insert string of edit box in combo box when user clicks on button. i have tried to used getdlgitem method but i was failed then i try to use member variable of combobox "CComboBox m_c;" and try to add string by m_c.AddString(m_e) [m_e is member variable of textbox]but it didnt work so plz tell me how i can here is my program UpdateData(1); m_c.AddString(m_e); but it didn't work then i try getdlgitem UpdateData(1); CComboBox *c...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Gzip Compression using the XmlRequest object
Dear All, If I turn on Gzip on our XML serving pages on, will the MSXML2.serverXMLHTTP component in ASP be able to read them as normal? Kind Regards, Simon Johnson. K ...

Using Target.Address in Excel 98
Hi I have a code which as Target.Address which works in Excel 2000 but will not work in excel 98. Does anyone know what code to use for when a workbook change is to take affect. The current code which works in Excel 2000 is below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$G$26" Then If Range("G26") = "Other" Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("E28") = "Please speficy:" Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("G28:I28").Interior.ColorIndex = 2 ...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

Best to have all one's styles in "Normal Template" ?
I assume one can save styles to other than one's Normal Template. Do the experts recommend also saving any added styles to the Normal Template so that one Template contains all of one's styles? Or perhaps, if it is advisable to have one template have them all, it is best to have that repository be a template other than the Normal Template? Thanks for any advice. -- Norm Hi Norm: I recommend having different templates for the different types of documents that you create. In them, I suggest keeping the built-in styles defined for each document type. I rar...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

How to add functional as the foreign currency on sales invoice lay
Hi, I would like to modify a sales invoice layout by adding two different currencies amount on the layout. The default currency of the company as the foreign currency. For example the default currency of a company is US dollars and I am selling an item in euros. I would like to get both of these currencies amount on the layout. How can I modify this in report writer? Thanks in advance, -- Elaine ...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Does not include the specified expression as part of an aggregate function
Running Access 2003 on Windows XP I'm starting a new structure parallel to a current database. The table are fully linked (no local tables) and I'm trying to create a simple query and I keep getting this message. The current query has one table to it, the general idea is to calculate consumption of raw materials in production. Fields: - Product Code (Text) // These are alphanumeric codes. - Inventory deductions // Numeric I'm trying to sum, min and max the deductions. My formula : "Total : Sum([Inventory deductions]) // Low : Min([Inventory deductions]) // H...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Add New Worksheet Using VBA
Hi Can anyone tell me how to add a new worksheet and rename it using VBA. Thanks for the help. Cheers!! -- Hani Muhtadi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hani Muhtadi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26794 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477226 Worksheets.Add.Name = "mysheet" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Hani Muhtadi" <Hani.Muhtadi.1x40mb_1129658709.0692@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news...

can i create a modalless dialog Box in the worker thread.
hi guys, is it possible to create a modalless dialog box in the worker thread, actually we have try this but we got error that is" you cannot create object with new operator in the worker thread " but i don't know what is the actual reason behind this. actually i am trying to create a modalless dialog box from main dialog box and i want to perform openGL programing on both the dialog box in such a manner so that they do not collapse or crash each other because at one time only one rendering device context should reside in the memory if we want to create more then one device con...

SQL "NOT IN" doesn't function as expected (refresh)
Updating this question with a refresh: http://www.clanimperium.net/1.JPG http://www.clanimperium.net/2.JPG http://www.clanimperium.net/3.JPG http://www.clanimperium.net/4.JPG (capital JPG is important) 1 shows results of SELECT po.PURCHASE_DATE, pd.QTY, pd.SERIAL_NUMBER, pa.PART_ID, pa.DESCRIPTION FROM (PURCHASEORDER AS po INNER JOIN PORD AS pd ON po.SALES_NUMBER=pd.SALES_NUMBER) INNER JOIN PART AS pa ON pd.PART_ID=pa.PART_ID; (no WHERE clause at all - results as expected) 2 shows results of the subquery on it's own SELECT SERIAL_NUMBER FROM INSTALL WHERE SERIAL_NUMBER...

Multiple Check Boxes in Form
Hello All, I need advice on how to setup a form with multiple check boxes correctly. I have created a table that houses most of the data but I want each check box to be linked to a specific ID. However, there will be multiple check boxes linked to 1 ID. Can someone give me direction as to how I can achieve this? Thanks, Tammy Watts You said nothing about your table structure. What are the field names and datatype? When you same 'linked to a specific ID' do you mean a unique record? -- Build a little, test a little. "MsWatts" wrote: > H...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

How to use a delegate contact folder
For example some one delegate to you his contact folder and you don't want to copy his contact to your personal contact you want to use directly his contact folder when you want to send an E-mail?? please help and excuse my english. cheers! Anthony If you have company contacts, best to put them in a public contacts folder, really - set permissions as you need them. Everyone can add that PF as an address book in outlook if they wish. If you still want to try using another person's folder, here's how: 1. Start with a profile that logs directly onto the other user's mailbox...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

Legend Key Box
Is it possible to resize a legend key box to blow up the size and make more visible ? Yes. Select it and it will show size handles which you can grab and use to stretch the box. -- David Biddulph "tara" <tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C3A07FF-F910-4E09-9489-ED11EFF87529@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to resize a legend key box to blow up the size and make > more > visible > ? The size of the legend key varies with the font size of the legend entries. There is no way to increase the legend key's size while keeping the legen...

List Box to show your Order
At the Moment I have a query that lists my Horses on my form I have a Text box next to each horse so depending what number I put in my text Box gives me a Printing Order, This is for Printing Worksheets, What I am trying to Achieve is say to list Boxes and you highlight a Horse a click the arrow to send it to another Listbox on the same form then print the Order in list Box2, Once you select a record and click it to List Box 2 it disappears from list box 1, Any Ideas how to start this? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...

How to activate Export-edit-reimport functionality
Hi, I've read that CRM allows users to Export data to Excel, where it can be edited, and then reimported to CRM. I think there is an option which appears on clicking the Export to Excel button, at the very bottom of the dialogue box, but I can't see it on my CRM. Does anyone know how to activate this functionality? Thanks Unfortunately, this functionality was available during the beta of Titan (CRM 4.0) but was cut for the RTM version. -Matt Wittemann "Simon G." <Simon G.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA07EB2D-C2F8-4C53-B81C-4156336B8D77@mi...

Search combo boxes
I am trying to use a form as a search form and to update records based on two combo boxes but I am running into issues. Using help on other posts here, I was able to get the combo boxes to work, or so I thought. The initial entry gives me the correct results but then I can page down and scroll through all the records in the form's record source. This is the code I have used on the Update event of the second combo box: Private Sub cboBLNum_AfterUpdate() With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[LoadNum] = " & Me!cboLoadNum & _ ...