Invalid Property Value

I have a macro that uses an input form to populate a
spreadsheet.  There are various validations that run prior
to the data populating.  On one validation if an incorrect
choice has been made from a drop down box a error message
prompts the user to select again form the drop down box
and will not populate until a valid selection has been
made.

I am now getting an Excel warning message (exclamation
message) saying 'Invalid Property Value' after the
spreadsheet has populated which only happens if an invalid
selection has been made and corrected from the drop down
box.  If the initial selections that have been made are
valid then the message does not appear!!!  It doesn't seem
to be doing any harm but is rather annoying.

I have checked my code, which obviousley works or the data
wouldn't populate, so any ideas????
0
anonymous (74722)

Field properties
I have a text field, why the properties are valid: Required: No Allow Zero Length: No It seems conflict? The record allows this field blank. "Alan T" <alanNOSPAMpltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:%237at8QGaIHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a text field, why the properties are valid: > Required: No > Allow Zero Length: No > > It seems conflict? > The record allows this field blank. The "Required" property determines whether the field is permitted to be Null. The "Allow Zero Length" property determines whether the field ...

Excel 2003 looses document properties
We have an Excel list where one colum contains hyperlinks (list of documents). If the list exceeds about 1500 lines with hyperlinks then Excel Workbook looses all document properties (builtin properties like title, author, ... and custom properties) during save! Is there somewhere a documented limit or is this a (known) bug? regards, donat I've never been a fan of putting lots of Insert|Hyperlink style hyperlinks into a workbook/worksheet--or lots of controls from the control toolbox toolbar for that matter. When I know I'm gonna end up with a lot of hyperlinks...

pass table-valued param to table-valued function
Can you pass table-valued parameters to table-valued functions? (or any user-defined function)? The first paragraph on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb510489.aspx says you can pass table-valued parameters to a function. Unfortunately, the code sample on that page only shows passing to a stored procedure. I have not found an example of passing one to a function anywhere on the web. I can successfully pass table-valued parameters to stored procedures, but how do I pass them to functions? Any example would be appreciated. Here is one example: CREATE TYPE Foo AS...

Invalid syntax
I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures in case GetBonus = Yes) Bonus : iif(getBonus = -1;nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3];0) could you help ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Ditch the semicolons. iif( Formula to test,results if true, results if false.) I would guess you want iif(getBonus = -1,nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3],0) peljo via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures...

Equations with numbers and letter values
I am creating a performance chart for employees to fill out. Below is an example of a set of questions they need to complete, with a possible answer to each. My spreadsheet is being designed to calculate a points system on multiple categories 1. How many appointments did you have? "2" 2. How many new appointments did you set? "1" 3. Did you follow up with active client groups, not yet rented? "Y" 4. Have you made collection calls to clients that owe money? "N" 5. Have you reviewed and replied to all your emails? "Y" I need...

The 'CRM_FullName' parameter is missing a value 03-08-07
Hello, I installed Microsoft CRM with SQL 2005 Server and reporting services on different server. but when I'm trying to run the reports from Reports Area in Microsoft CRM I am receiving the following error message? "The 'CRM_FullName' parameter is missing a value" Has anyone resolve this problem and could you help me? Thanks in advance, Rena Hi Rena, I was having the exact same problem. This is how I got it solved: It turend out that this error ("The 'CRM_FullName' parameter is missing a value") was only appearant when trying to view the...

Sum of field value based upon multiple instances of another value
I have a table with the following fields: ITEM TOTAL REF The data is imported from Excel & the value in the ITEM field may be repeated for an instance in the REF field. So for 3 different REF values, the ITEM values may appear up to 3 times. Is it possible to produce a query which will show the total for each ITEM, rather than each instance? Thanks in advance. On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 03:55:01 -0800, NAHolmes <NAHolmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table with the following fields: > >ITEM >TOTAL >REF > >The data is import...

Invalid File Format
When I start Excel I get an initial message that says ssipro97.dot is an invalid format. Any idea why this would come up? It doesn't seem to affect how Excel works, it's just annoyint. ...

invalid handle
hi frds i m very new in vc++ and i m founding too much difficulty in this so plz can any one solve this problem .... actully i m inserting a image in list box using this code ........ everything is returning write thing still it is saying invalid handle after ImageList_Add(hList,m_hBmpNew,0); when i m going to dibug it plz help me BOOL Fun() { // Create 256 color image lists HIMAGELIST hList = ImageList_Create(32,32, ILC_COLOR8 , 8, 1); HBITMAP m_hBmpNew = (HBITMAP) LoadImage( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), // handle to instance "c:\\img.bmp", /...

Second serie doesn't use X-as values
I created a chart on a worksheet and defined the X-ax (Category Xax label =Position!$G$4:$G$42) and the first serie (Values =Position!$O$4:$O$42). Everything looks OK. Now I add another serie (Values =Position!$P$4:$P$42) and although this line should be straight it doesn't. If I select the first serie in the chart both the ranges for the X-ax (G) and the values (O) are marked on the worksheet. If I select the second serie in the chart ONLY the range for the values (P) has been marked. Also , if I delete the first serie from the chart after selection it, the values displayed for the ...

Invalid Property Value
I have a macro that uses an input form to populate a spreadsheet. There are various validations that run prior to the data populating. On one validation if an incorrect choice has been made from a drop down box a error message prompts the user to select again form the drop down box and will not populate until a valid selection has been made. I am now getting an Excel warning message (exclamation message) saying 'Invalid Property Value' after the spreadsheet has populated which only happens if an invalid selection has been made and corrected from the drop down box. If the ...

OFX
When doing an update from my broker I get the message cannot establish secure communication with the server. Digital certificate is invalid. OFXIE12038. This is new happening in last month. Broker support says problem is Money 2002 not supported so I installed Money 2005 (with some qualms) and of course, still get the same message. I can access the brokerage website OK from Money, just cannot get statement downloads. -- Bill ...

Invalid Procedure Call on Forms
Hello, any suggestions are appreciated! I imported tables from our media database into our membership database. I was going to combine the information so that I could streamline orders with lookup fields but my supervisor didn't like it so... I went back to the media database and now NONE of the form buttons are working. The forms open, and all the reports, queries, and tables open without incident. However, when I click any button on any form (to call up a report, query or another form), I receive an error: "Invalid Procedure Call or Arguement". I tried creating a...

Property page #2
This is a Windows CE.net question but I find that posting here gives greater exposure and feedback - Windows CE.net does not support the dialog wizard functions. Therefore, I would like to create one myself. Is there a way to keep property pages from displaying their tabs? Thanks, ...

Invalid Operation 425
I know there are a few other threads pretaining to "Invalid Operation 425, Cash Drawer locked by another application" but the solutions given there have not solved our problem. We have multiple store locations with the exact same set-up but only one is having this problem . The problem happens most of the time but not always. Our set up is RMS version 2.0 Printer - Epson Tm-881V Cash Drawer - APG VB320 OPOS ADK 2.6 Running on Windows XP Pro Any body have an idea? -- Many thanks Jack Master Jack - Without taking time to go back against all old posts and see what is liste...

Variable Value Function Help?
Here is what Im trying to do. In cell B2 I have List Validation that has a source of: "Local Buy, Mass Media Buy". In cell A2 I want the value to change based on what i choose in cell B2. What I'm aiming for is when i select "Mass Media Buy" in Cell B2 then I want Cell A2 to =B14 and when I select "Local Buy" in cell B2 I want cell A2 to =B19. I have tried using SUMIF, LOOKUP, and nested IF Functions, none of them seem to work for what Im coming up with. I know it is possible, but my logic is faulty with this issue. Any suggestions?...

How to find default property for particular object.
Hi, is there a way how to identify default property for given object. E.g., I know default property for range object is value. Where can I find the default property for other objects? Thanks Alojz Hi, AFAIK, the only default property for an Excel object is 'value'. If an object doesn't have a value property then it also doesn't have a default property. Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Alojz" wrote: > Hi, ...

Word 2004: document cannot show property
The following fonts: Wingdings, Wingdings 2 and Wingdings 2 do not display properly on Word 2004. However, they do display properly in PowerPoint 2004. Any document created in Word X including symbol characters will not be displayed properly in Word 2004. I have reproduced it on my side. Are there any methods to fix this issue? Any suggestion and idea will be appreciated! In article <#XiOKAxQEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Tony" <lianghf2000@hotmail.com> wrote: > The following fonts: Wingdings, Wingdings 2 and Wingdings 2 do not display > properly...

VBA-Changing tag values
Hi Everybody, Is there a way of changing tag values beside using (.Add) method over and over again? like osld.Tags.Add "Region", "USA" if I want to change the value of Region tag from "USA" to "Europe" , it seems the only way possibile is to use the following code osld.Tags.Add "Region", "Europe" Because the tag name is the same fortunately VBA doesn't add a new tag , but it changes the tag index (if I have 4 tags attached to the slide , when I use add method to change any of the values , that specific tag in...

Prompt for Default Value
Is it possible to have the default value of a field be dynamically set via prompting the user to choose from a selection of values that are listed within another table? Thanks in Advance, Rob This is what you would use a combobox for. Create a query that lists the options and use that as the RowSource for a combo. If you choose the LimitToList option for the combo, the user will only be able to select items from your list. No prompting is necessary, nor is any code necessary. "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E46013D8-0E02-43D2-9FB5-B290B...

How to vlookup and summing value?
Hi, please help.... Worksheet name: "Pages" Column A Column B James $100 James $50 AJ $30 Light $46 James $80 When i type on cell A1 on a separate worksheet this formula =VLOOKUP(A1,Pages!A2:B5,2,FALSE) , it only provide me $100. Is there a way to sum up the total to be $230 under "James"? Hi, =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A15="James")*(B1:B15)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the ...

Renamed invalid sheet name
I have a routine that opens a workbook to access data and then closes it. It has worked fine for years with XP and Excel 2000. Since changing to Win 7 and Excel 2003 it will no longer automatically open. A warning box appears "Repairs to 'Workbook'" and the message "Renamed invalid sheet name". After closing the message box it renames the worksheet to "Recovered_Sheet 1" and opens the workbook. However, this is a manual process and I need it to be automated as before. What I have found (I believe) is that if the file name includes "...

Named Property Quota Limit
The property names all seem to be generating from a product called PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway, part of the PMDF PreciseMail product which we use. Does anyone know how to fix this error permanently besides just expanding the quota limit and/or moving all of the mailboxes in the store to a new store every time the quota limit is reached. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9667 Date: 2/8/2007 Time: 5:23:15 PM User: N/A Computer: editservername Description: Failed to create a new named property for database "Fourth Storage Group\Mailbox Stor...

data range properties #2
Hi I have a problem with external data. In the Data Range Properties, under Data Layout. There are 3 options after 'If the number of rows in the data range changes upon refresh:' 1 - Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells 2 - Insert entire rows for new data, clear unused cells 3 - Overwrite existing cells with new data, clear unused cells. I want option 3 to be the default oprion but it always defaults back to option 2. Is there any way I can change this.?? Cheers Baz ...

Returning function name value vs dim value
Just wondering, aside from readibility, is there any cost or benefit to using the function declaration value as opposed to a dim value to return the value of a function. It seems to be the 2nd perhaps preferred method creates yet another object that has to be managed? function x as object x = something end function or function x as object dim o as object = something return o end function I would say that the second meathod you mentioned is the proper way. funciton bla() as object dim o as object = something return o end function The only time I have seen the other b...