Invalid File Format

When I start Excel I get an initial message that says
ssipro97.dot is an invalid format.  Any idea why this
would come up?  It doesn't seem to affect how Excel works,
it's just annoyint.
0
Steve

Copy worksheets and save files dynamically
Hello I've been trying to write a macro to copy each worksheet within a workbook and then save each worksheet as it's own file. However I would like to do this dynamically (ideally to keep the macro short and easier to follow) so that the worksheet is selected based on a cell reference and the filename it is saved as is also based on a cell reference. I've searched the forum and tried to use some of the solutions, to similar queries, from there - which led me to try and use called subroutines. This seemed like a neater soloutin but I keep getting various error messa...

Direct Deposit
Payroll Direct Deposit - Voiding a DD should also remove the DD entry in the DD file and adjust the totals in the file. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ce4d...

How to save a picturebox's image to a .PNG file? (VB6)
Hi all! I have a little program (written in VB6) that saves the image in a picturebox to a BMP file. The problem is that BMP files are several megabytes in size and do not support DPI (dots-per-inch) information for printing. I have turned to the PNG format which provides lossless compression (files are only few kilobytes) and includes DPI information. But how do I save the image in a picturebox to a PNG file? Thanks in advance! "Nando" <hightech@att.net.no.to.sp.am> wrote in message news:uflaC5aMLHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all! I have a lit...

what is .clw file?(recreating file)(urgent)
i have downloded a demo project from website codeguru for glowing LEDs.A class called CLed has been used in the code.this class is derived from CStatic clas.I want to use this class in my project and create control variables based on this class.I have included the .h and .cpp files of this class in my project.But i guess they are not enough.Coz when i try to create a variable from this class it gives an error of undefined.I read the html image given along the code and found that,to include the CLed class in the class wizard(so that it comes in the options to create member varibles)i ne...

retrieving file data
I had changed an excel sheet, saved, and closed the file. Is there a way to retrieve the version before "save" ? Thank you in advance, Alex Hi if you don't have a backup: No -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Alex" <alexk@mailinator.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:27935898.0410111346.5247ddfd@posting.google.com... > I had changed an excel sheet, saved, and closed the file. > > Is there a way to retrieve the version before "save" ? > > Thank you in advance, > Alex ...

Captured Audio file in Producer; cannot replay in Microsoft Media
Made an audio only file in Windows Producer and the file is in the correct folder in My Audios Files. The file appears in Producer as a Windows Media File [.wma}, it has the WM icon and says it is filed appropriately. I saved the Project and gave the Project a different name. I went to Windows Media to open the file to play and Media cannot open the file because it doesn’t recognize the format. If Producer saved the file as a ..wma file why can’t Media open the file? When I tried to open the file in Media, it is not apparent in a My Audios folder when I pick a .wma file type to open; h...

how do I save korean font in csv file?
I can read csv files that have been saved with korean characters. However, when I save as csv file it only stores a ? character rather than the two bytes required. Can save ok in std xl format OK... Not for sure what setting is wrong. Have microsoft xp professional and xl 2003 hi dave based on my knowledge n past experiences, you normally cannot save csv file without losing the characters... because the csv file does no permit any formatting... there's a way to do it though it might not work... the korea characters should not be "written" by uni code but some old ol progr...

Creation Time of files on an FTP server
Hello, i need to get the creation time of files on a FTP server. I wrote the following code: CTime Cr_Time; CFtpFileFind m_find(m_pFtpConnection); BOOL bf = m_find.FindFile( filename, INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD); //works BOOL bt = m_find.GetCreationTime(Cr_Time); // dos not work CTime Dat_server_datei stays "empty". I suppose GetCreationTime has to be linked to the server file, but i dont know how to do it. Thanks for any clue! Kai Sandner "Kai Sandner" <ks@polycolor.de> wrote in message news:90d2d290.0501291815.4500d1b5@posting.google.com... > Hello, >...

How do you create an "html" file?
How do you create an "html" file? We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display monitor If you know html you can enter the code directly into notepad. If not, there are numerous WYSIWYG programs out there to help you. Try searching for Coffee Cup software. "Woofy" wrote: > How do you create an "html" file? > We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display > monitor ...

Keep conditional formatting when exporting
Hi everyone. I use Access 2003 in Windows XP. I have a report which contains a Text Box with conditional formatting. Unfortunately data lose formatting when I export the report to Excel. Is there a way to keep conditional formatting? On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 01:23:01 -0700, Ljudmil <Ljudmil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: No. You may have to use Automation with Excel to re-apply conditional formatting. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hi everyone. I use Access 2003 in Windows XP. >I have a report which contains a Text Box with conditional formatting. >Unfortunately...

Importing data from other files
I�m new to Excel so I don�t know if this is really easy to do. I need to collect data from maybe 1000 different statistic excel files. They are all similar in structure and looks, but ofcourse they contain different numbers. Now I need to collect the data from a certain row and column from the group of files and make some calculation to present statistic data in a new Excel document. This brings to questions up to light: 1. How do I do to get the data into the new sheet if it's for example position G25 in every single source file? 2. Is it possible to "flag" a different posit...

Invalid File Format
When I start Excel I get an initial message that says ssipro97.dot is an invalid format. Any idea why this would come up? It doesn't seem to affect how Excel works, it's just annoyint. ...

Upgraded Outlook, still rejecting email because of file size exceeded
Please help me. I don't know what else to do. Well here is the story: I have an old computer which has outlook 2003 installed on it. Suddenly yesterday i received a warning message saying that, I am about to exceed the limit of my mailbox. I couldn't believe at first, as i always thought that outlook is limited with my harddisk capacity. Well, the other day, when i clicked send/receive, i saw that mails are downloading but none of them are appearing on my mailbox. Then i started reading many articles about the case, and i figured out that the limit of my box is 2gb which i reached al...

outlook express dbx file into outlook 2000
A coworker was having problems with Outlook Express 6 - probably because of the thousands of e-mails he had stored in the program. Last week we installed Outlook 2000 on his machine and imported all of his messages and address book. Come to find out he had some other Outlook Express DBX files in a safe place on the server. The emails in these DBX files were not imported into Outlook. I haven't yet figured out how to do so and could use a little bit of guidance. Thanks! Scott Open Outlook Express and create a new folder called Restore. Right click on Restore and select properties to...

Re: file size Pub 98 vs 2003
File compression was introduced in version 2002. A file in 2002 could be up to 80% smaller than in version 2000. A file needs to be opened and then saved in the newer version to be converted to the newer version's file format which then would modify the file size. Version 2003 has the same file format as 2002. David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. From: Wayne Penner Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 3:30 PM To: dbartosik Thinking of upgrading from Pub 98 to 2003 in order to somehow reduce my files so I c...

Question about .csv format
I download free historical data from Yahoo finance for stock tickers that are save by default ino a .csv format. I purchased some stock analysis software that reads the data saved, which must be in comma delimited format. I've been getting error messages i.e. "bad data format" when trying to get the software to read the file downloaded from Yahoo. I called the manufacturer, and he told me to save the data in an .msdoscsv format. Or maybe he meant ms-dos .csv format. I never heard of that. Does anyone know anything about this format and how I should save the downloaded dat...

Invalid syntax
I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures in case GetBonus = Yes) Bonus : iif(getBonus = -1;nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3];0) could you help ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Ditch the semicolons. iif( Formula to test,results if true, results if false.) I would guess you want iif(getBonus = -1,nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3],0) peljo via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures...

Publisher-Inserting a file
I am using MS Windows XP Home and MS Office 2003-Pro Publisher 2003. After having a crash where I had to use the switch in back to shut down, I have been unable to insert any files into a publisher page. I keep getting a notice that "MicroSoft has encounted a problem and must close. Send report, which I have done. This hasn't corrected the proble and I need to be able to insert some files from scanning and change their color to black and reduce the brightness to use as a watermark. Can someone please tell me how to correct this problem? Thanks "MOE" Hi MOE (searchno...

Recovering .pst files in Outlook 98
I have Outlook 98 installed on a computer with Windows XP. Works fine except that when I backup the .pst files using the "Import/Export" function, I can't open the backuped up files. When I try to open the .pst file saved onto a CD, I usually get the message, "Outlook\backup.pst is not a valid Win32 Application". Other times I get errors messages like, "Access denied, see your system administrator" or something like that. Is there something I'm doing wrong in the backup or recovery procedure? Make sure the file isn't marked read-only. If ...

Date Format #2
I have copied and pasted a word table into excel which was a pain in itself. The date format in word was Thu 21st June 2007. But the table would not sort into date order so I had to remove the "Thu" part. I then had to remove the paragraph sign as it was throwing extra cells in excel when I pasted it. Eventually the date went into excel but now I cannot format the date. When I look at the format 21st June 2007 it has defaulted to General under "format cell". When I change the format to say custome date it does not make a difference, the only way it shacges is if I man...

Custom Number Format #3
I would like to display my number from 1,000,000 to 10,00,000. Thanks in advance for any assistance regards Dominic One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom: [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[>=100000]"##\,##\,##0.00;"##,##0.00 In article <075001c3bd7b$feb3d010$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "shyryih@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to display my number from 1,000,000 to > 10,00,000. > Thanks in advance for any assistance > regards > Dominic ...

invalid handle
hi frds i m very new in vc++ and i m founding too much difficulty in this so plz can any one solve this problem .... actully i m inserting a image in list box using this code ........ everything is returning write thing still it is saying invalid handle after ImageList_Add(hList,m_hBmpNew,0); when i m going to dibug it plz help me BOOL Fun() { // Create 256 color image lists HIMAGELIST hList = ImageList_Create(32,32, ILC_COLOR8 , 8, 1); HBITMAP m_hBmpNew = (HBITMAP) LoadImage( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), // handle to instance "c:\\img.bmp", /...

.RC2 Files
Can anyone explain the purpose of RC2 files generated automatically for MFC applications? Looking at it, it appears that the content of these files are included in the compilation of the main RC file, but that those resources included in the RC2 file are not modified in any way or are editable by the MFC wizards. I needed to include some resources from other files and so I added them to my RC2 file. Everything compiles great but there's just one problem: none of the resources defined there are available to my application at run time (i.e. the resources are apparently not compiled into th...

Excel cell formats #2
I am setting up an excel workbook where information on the front page feeds into the subsequent pages, like a questionnaire. Sometimes dates will be entered in the first page but not always. I now find that if I do enter a date at first and then delete it and enter another number (not a date) the cell automatically reverts to the date format!!! Is there anyway I can stop this happening? It is very frustrating. Thanks That is default, you can't change that. If this is info only you can preformat as text and it will not format as date -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sboyland&quo...

formatting selected characters or numbers in each cell within a range of cells
I am sending this to several Excel newsgroups, because I am not sure which one if the most appropriate. I apologize in advance for the multiple postings. I have MS Excel 2000 (version 9.0.3821 SR-1). How can I format only a selected character or number within each cell in a specific range of cells? For instance if I have a cell containing �1234234�, how can I format it so that only the 2�s are bold or are colored? Obviously, I have a range of cells, and I want to format all the 2�s occurring in any of the cells as either bold or colored. Conditional formatting does not seem to all...