Intranet hyperlink to specific worksheet in excel file problem

Hello Everyone

I have an excel file that is quite large with more than 25 worksheets.

I would like to create a hyperlink to each worksheet from ou
intranet.

I can only create a hyperlink to my excel file that opens at the las
point I saved the excel file.

I hope that makes sense and anyone who can help me would be muc
appreciated

Jamie from Australi

Hi Jamie,
You can create a link with in Excel to a workbook and specific
sheet,   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm

but I don't think you can create a hyperlink in
HTML that addresses a specific sheet in Excel.
---
HTH,

"jamie >" <<jamie.zst7x@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jamie.zst7x@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hello Everyone
>
> I have an excel file that is quite large with more than 25 worksheets.
>
> I would like to create a hyperlink to each worksheet from our
> intranet.
>
> I can only create a hyperlink to my excel file that opens at the last
> point I saved the excel file.
>
> I hope that makes sense and anyone who can help me would be much
> appreciated
>
> Jamie from Australia
>

> ---

dmcritchie (2586)

Hyperlinks #19
I have a user that is getting an error that states that the hyperlink file that it is pointing to cannot be found. The user can change the path of the hyperlink and all is well. Then the user saves the workbook and it reverts back to the old way of not being able to contact the file. Does anyone know how to rectify this problem. The user is on 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jason Hi Jason, An example of your link that enter and what it can't find later. Is the link to the same sheet, same workbook, different workbook, HTML file, really should be providing more deta...

Visual Basics
Hey Guys - I'm trying to automate the sheet names on specific sheets only (not globally within the workbook), and I'm stumped. Here's what I typed in under "This Workbook": Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) Sheet4.Name = Range("d11").Value Sheet5.Name = Range("d12").Value Sheet6.Name = Range("d13").Value End Sub and I typed this into Sheets 4,5 & 6 only. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) ActiveSheet.Name = Range("d11").Value End Sub I'm ...

Excel tries to access internet
Does this indicate that I have a virus or privacy "pest"? Every once in a fortnight or so, when I launch Excel (no file loaded), ZoneAlarm reports that Excel is trying to access the Internet and would I like it to proceed. I always click no, and it does not create any noticeable problems. This problem has only cropped up in the last month or so. As well as ZoneAlarm I run Norton AV and PestPatrol, with regular scans, all software currently licenced and auto-updated. No virus or pest is reported. If there is a bona-fide reason for Excel trying to access the Internet then I am inc...

hyperlinks/weblinks
web links in an e-mail, when i click on it, it will not take me to that site. how do i set up my computer/outlook/outlook express to make this feature work. hyperlinks will not work. I've had this problem for some time also. There is a 'supposed' fix on the Microsoft Knowledge Base. I tried it and it worked for a while. I copied this from the Help and Support site. 1. Click Start, point to Settings and then click Control Panel. 2. Double-click to open Internet Options. 3. On the Programs tab, ensure that Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default br...

worksheet to beef cattle management
Hi Does someone know where can I find a worksheet to beef cattle management? Regards Some info here... http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=cattle+management+in+excel -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA . http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware . (free and commercial excel programs) "Osmario.Avila@gmail.com" <osmario.avila@gmail.com> wrote in message news:80de573b-31b9-44a9-a1ea-5c3517c1e218@w24g2000yqw.googlegroups.com... > Hi > Does someone know where can I find a worksheet to beef cattle > management? > Regards ...

Copy-Paste Chart into Word from Excel 2007
In Excel 2003 I was able to copy a chart on one worksheet that was created from data on another worksheet in the same workbook and then paste that chart (paste special) into Word. In Excel 2007 (workbook converted from Excel 2003), I am unable to copy the chart at all, much less paste it into Word. Can anyone help with this? Cannot reproduce; works fine for me no problems at all. "Sue O'Donnell" wrote: > In Excel 2003 I was able to copy a chart on one worksheet that was created > from data on another worksheet in the same workbook and then paste that char...

Problem with text decoration using Word as editor
I have a client, using Outlook (Office 2002 I think), he insists on using Word as the email editor. Whether responding to a message or creating a new one, he can apply all text decoration (bold, italic, underline, etc) except color in his message. When working in Word there is no problem, any ideas? -- ---- Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm _________________________________________________________________________________ ...

Editing a Chart on a protected worksheet
Hola, I wonder if there is a way to allow the user to edit an embedded chart within a protected worksheet. I know that setting the parameter DrawingObjects=True (when protecting the worksheet) allows for editing while protected. However, in the worksheet there are other shapes that I don't want the user to be able to edit. Is there a way accomplish this using VBA code? Thank you in advance for your reponse. OMER With the sheet unprotected... Select the chart as a chartobject (hold ctrl and select) Right click, Protection, untick Locked Protect the sheet Regards, Peter...

HELP! Mail forwarding for a user - Exch. 5.5
I am stumped. I have Exchange 5.5 SP4, patched, on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a, in Windows 2000 domain. We are part of WAN, our server is forwarding internet mail to a gateway (Brightmail), and receiving incoming emails for our domain from the gateway. We desperately need to forward email for a few users to an Internet address for a few weeks. I tried to do it by the book: created an external receipient with an Internet address, then for the user account, added the external recipeint address in delivery options, check delivery to both check box. Result: email is not being forwarded. The error...

How do I remove ALL hyperlinks from a large worksheet?
I use large spreadsheets that often contain hundreds of hyperlinks (e-mail addresses). I know how to remove hyperlinks "globally" but not in Excel. Is there a way?? Hi In 2002/2003 you can turn it of Tools > Options > Spelling Press "AutoCorrect Options" Button AutoFormat As You Type Tab Remove Check from "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" OK OK If you have fill in a address and Enter to confirm you can use Ctrl-Z to make it text. Or start with a ' You can run this macro also to make text of all hyperlinks in your worksheet Sub test() ...

Three tables on one worksheet, need to hide rows
Despite my limitation with writing codes, I need to find a simple to follow code to hide rows without information in a specific column in three tables that I have on a single spreadsheet. The information on all these tables comes from another spreadsheet within the workbook hence upon changed to it, the information in my tables also changes. The table ranges are A67:I139, A171:I243 and A275-I347 They have the same number of rows but varying number of columns due to some merged columns. I want to hide rows that are blank in column 2 (in other words, display rows that are non-blank in col...

CRM4 problem with custom workflow activity
I have created a custom workflow activity (CWA) based on an example I found on the net - this has been compiled and installed and works fine. I then created another CWA and have revised it several times - reloading each time. However when I run a workflow which uses this second CWA, it goes into Waiting state and indicates an error has occurred. I have even resorted to having no parameters and nothing but the return statement in the code. Still with the same result. Is there something I've missed here? Should I just start again? Should I unload the CWA between updates? (I already ...

Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel
I’ve got an Excel document with many tables in 30 different sheets. I want to make an Word document, in which I want to insert the excel tables between the text. The data in Excel is made up out of column headers and row headers with list of marks under it. I’ve got to change the marks in Excel a lot of time’s, but I don’t want to change the Word document all the time. So the tables in the Word document have to change with the changes I make in the Excel document. I know this is possible, but no one I know seems to know how to do this. I would really be grateful with an answer, because I ...

Cannot open excel program
I can not open my excel program. I get the error message a invalid page fault excel.exe.0187:30026d69. I can open the program in safe mode. Any ideas on how to correct this? Jan Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];280504 I'd look first at the "Excel Toolbar File" section. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Custom Print Order from Multiple Worksheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible to customize the print order of pages from multiple worksheets so that when you click the print button it will automatically print in the order you have previously selected. For example, I have two worksheets in my workbook and I would like for others I send this file to to be able to print easily but I want them to print both worksheets. I would like to print pages 1-3 from worksheet B and pages 4-25 from worksheet A and then pages 26 and 27 from worksheet B. Worksheet B contains instructions and...

Word & hyperlinks
I've inserted hyperlinks into a Word document. When I send an e-mail with the Word doc attached, the recipient cannot open the links. Any help? Thanks. The recipient may have to hold Ctrl as she/he clicks the hyperlinks. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Archie" <Archie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C55A583-A7C9-48CB-8D6E-0D9DF347B40F@microsoft.com... > I've inserted hyperlinks into a Word document. When I send an e-mail with > the Word doc attached, the recipient cannot open the links. An...

Excel Challenge
Guys I have been given a very difficult task and I need help. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The issue has more to do with maths than excel. What we have is 10 Athletes who will compete in 9 different competitions. Each athlete with complete against every other athlete only once. So the total number of match will be 45. A v E B v E C v E D v E A v F B v F C v F D v F E v F A v G B v G C v G D v G E v G F v G A v H B v H C v H D v H E v H F v H G v H A v I B v I C v I D v I E v I F v I G v I H v I A v J B v J C v J D v J E v J F v J G v J H v J I v J We wi...

Creation of an intranet
I am wondering about the possibility of creating a intranet.Firstly does it provide a secure enviroment for the user to transfer details. I am wanting to also create a trade training system that can be created via the web. But then convert its lanquage and details ( training protocols ) for a global market. The trade skills are Carpentry, electrical,plumbing e.t.c Another question, I would like to use Finger recognition in managing the labour output of staff who could be scattered all over the globe. Undertaking Construction jobs e.t.c.Would I be committed to using phone lines or h...

auto number columns in excel
Is there a way to set up a column of numbers so that it automatically updates the numbers every time a line is added or deleted? >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to set up a column of numbers so that it automatically updates >the numbers every time a line is added or deleted? >. >Use =count(A1:A10) or more rows as required. If its the last row used - =row(B1) extended down to maybe B100. Then you can use =large(B1:B100) this will give you the last row used. Mal I either did not understand the reply given or was not clear in what I am trying to accom...

Money 2005 Problem Downloading msmoney.ofc bank statements
Can anyone help with this problem I'm using money 2005 and it wont automatically update when I download statement from bank ms money doesn't recognise msmoney.ofc files what am I doing wrong Money 2005 no longer supports OFC files. Just OFX and QIF -- ------------------------------------------- Joe Guidera jguidera@msn.com.remove "Claude Matroy" <c_matroy@ihotmail.com> wrote in message news:ckpsno$3mr$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Can anyone help with this problem > I'm using money 2005 and it wont automatically update when I download > statement f...

Table with hyperlinks
I created a PP slideshow in kiosk mode. The slideshow had a table with hyperlinks. Now the users want to add more hyperlinks to this table. How can I add an action button with VBA code where they can add a hyperlink to this table? Thank you all for your help. ...

Need to add cell comments in unlocked cell on protected worksheet
Using Excel 2002, I have a worksheet that I have "protected" so that only a certain block of cells can be selected/edited. Today, I have a new requirement to be able to add/edit/delete cell comments on those cells that remain unlocked. But the options to do so on the cell context menu disappear when the worksheet is protected, but reappear when the worksheet is unprotected. When you protect the worksheet, scroll down and check "edit objects". This will allow comments to be added/removed/changed--along with other objects (pictures/shapes/etc). dan400man wrote: >...

Opening and Reading the locked files #4
Hi I need to backup some of the exclusive locked files. I have tried many ways to call CreateFile but it fails either by giving sharing violation or Access Denied. I have backup and restore privilege. What flags shall I CreateFile to open the locked File for backup In the below code I can atleast open the file but any changes to it are denied. HANDLE hfile = CreateFile(strFilename, READ_CONTROL, 0, 0,OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTICS, 0 ); Now this open's the file but ReadFile and BackupRead Fails. ReadFIles fails with exception CreateFile Failed : Access Denied. But I have a v...

excel sharing
hello there, i am having trouble with excel 97 and sharing; we find that it doesn't always save everything that everyone has input; usually someone saves their inputs but it kills off others; can anyone offer any suggestions; thanks. Under Tools|Share workbook|Advanced Tab, you can see your options. And if you look at Excel's help (this is from xl2002): Seeing other users' changes Each time you save the shared workbook, you're updated with any changes that others have saved since the last time you saved. If you want to keep the shared workbook open to monitor progress,...

Excel
Hi, Do any new versions of excel have the ability to plot the four corners of a rectangle on an XY scatter plot, i.e. five pairs of coordinates (x1y1, x1y2, x2 y2, x2y1, and to close the box x1y1), and then "fill" the rectangle with a colour of my choice, or any polygon defined by the vertices. I know an old product by Corel (quattro pro?) used to be able to do this. Thanks Mark It is a long process but see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart.html best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Mark" <Mark@discussio...