Internet Explorer import to Excel #2

Am looking for method that allows the importation of multiple pages of a
websearch to Excel for data analyses rather than single pages.
0
Patrick2861 (490)

Hi
not really possible. Depends heavily on the data you're trying to
import. Probably requires a script to convert your imported HTML data

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Am looking for method that allows the importation of multiple pages
of a
> websearch to Excel for data analyses rather than single pages.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/28/2004 8:23:45 PM
Thanks for the reply Frank.  I was afraid that would be the answer. I have
ran a area code and prefix query to pull up the results of a phone book for a
community.  I am trying to find a simple method of exporting the entire query
into excel. One page at a time turns thisinto an arduous process.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> not really possible. Depends heavily on the data you're trying to
> import. Probably requires a script to convert your imported HTML data
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Am looking for method that allows the importation of multiple pages
> of a
> > websearch to Excel for data analyses rather than single pages.

0
Patrick2861 (490)
10/28/2004 8:33:01 PM
With the Data/Get External Data feature and some VBA programming, you can
write a code that extracts the data from the web page and then loops through
the remaining web pages.

(In many instances the URL changes as you click "next page" and there is
some logic to that change that you can incorporate into your code.)

"patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply Frank.  I was afraid that would be the answer. I have
> ran a area code and prefix query to pull up the results of a phone book
for a
> community.  I am trying to find a simple method of exporting the entire
query
> into excel. One page at a time turns thisinto an arduous process.
>
> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > not really possible. Depends heavily on the data you're trying to
> > import. Probably requires a script to convert your imported HTML data
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Frank Kabel
> > Frankfurt, Germany
> >
> > "patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Am looking for method that allows the importation of multiple pages
> > of a
> > > websearch to Excel for data analyses rather than single pages.

error in script from internet explorer
when i use online help i cannot click a link without getting an error from I.E. concerning the script ...

How to enter codes in excel and have corresponding payment sum ?
I would like to learn how to make an excel spreadsheet that I could enter codes and have the corresponding payouts sum up. I work as an installer for a cable company and each job I do consists of codes for work done ( i.e. code 250 -Ran 1 outlet= $8.25, code 251- ran 2 outlets= 16.5 etc..). I would like to be able to enter these codes at the end of the day and see how much I made that day. Is this possible? I know very little about Excel, but do have alot of computer savy. Please help :) The starting point would be for you to build up a table of codes, description and price, something ...

Can't import money 2000 to 2004
I saved my money 2000 backup to disk before disconnecting my old computer--money 2004 came installed on new computer so I followed the instructions on the microsoft website--opened old backup & 2004 converted it to correct file format, then went to import file, clicked on new file, clicked 'import' and nothing happens--I've tried it about 10 times and I get nothing, not even an error message. If someone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it--my life is in that file! :o) You don't need to IMPORT. If you "followed the instructions on the microsoft websit...

Excel work sheets to image.........
Website: http://www.joyprinter.com Joy Image Printer is a high-performance virtual printer which enables you to convert any printable document into standard BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF image, and keep the exact look and feel of the original document. Since the converted image has the complete information from the original file without altering characters or fonts, you don't need to install the original software to view the document. Key Features: (1) Installs as a standard Windows printer, works for all Windows applications directly (2) Converts any printable documents like doc, xls, pp...

Money 2004 internet update
My 2004 is not updating properly, infact not at all. When I press update now it will crash the program. My internet settings and bank setting are correct. This problem is only happening on my Dell computer running windows 2000. Ijust installed a new graphix card and I am running a dual monitor setup. It updated once after I installed the card then not again after that. I loaded the program on my laptop to test it and all features work fine. Are there any known issues in regards to graphix cards ore running in a dual monitor set up? Well... It is definatly the video card. I disabled ...

Mileage log needed Excel 2007
Hi - I am looking for a daily mileage template for Excel 2007. In addition to starting and ending odometer entries, I need a template with a column that will keep track of the *daily* mileage reimbursement I receive. This daily mileage reimbursement is less that the standard mileage deduction the IRS allows. So, I will need to subtract the daily reimbursement from the standard IRS mileage deduction. I don't need to make this particular calculation on a daily basis, but I do need to keep a running total of the daily mileage reimbursement. Just a heads up, I really don't know ...

Having trouble with web query, importing not consistent.
Hi, I have a nice book set up with web querys and it's doing a fantastic job for me, except for one little problem: The data does not always get imported to exact same place in the sheet, I'll clarify. The first column is supposed to contain a name, while the next 10 columns is supposed to contain data after running a web update. That's the ideal situation every time, and i'm updating once a day. Now the problem is that somedays the data is imported in a different way. For instance the name which is supposed to end up in the A column gets split up so it now takes up t...

Install the internet pack for Internet Explorer
--sstgmprmnanztmshb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dyatvmthbtnsg"; type="multipart/alternative" --dyatvmthbtnsg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fbkzxamyh" --fbkzxamyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain ...

Internet Explorer
I am running Win XP 2 and have automatic upgrades ticked. IE upgraded to 8, then problems. I cannot open a MS window, try's to open but closes half why through. Same when I try to open Win Media Player, opens but when I click to play window closes. Reverted back to IE 7 but problem remains. Can open MS windows using Firefox but not media player. Tried running IE diagnostics but problem remains. Any-one any idea's? Its driving me crazy. -- clanbull ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clanbull's Profile: http://forums.techarena.i...

Excel retain data and date
I am developing a excel day planner I am using dropdown menus to select the day, month, and year how do I get it to piece day, month, and year how to I get it to do something like this Wedensday, 14 December 2005 and place that into another cell, and retain the data once it is populated. -- Robb =date(a1,b1,c1) =date(yearcell, monthcell, daycell) Give it a custom format of dddd, dd mmmm yyyy You may want to even check first: =if(count(a1,b1,c1)<3,"",date(a1,b1,c1)) Robb @ FLW wrote: > > I am developing a excel day planner I am using dropdown menus to select the &g...

EM_FINDTEXTEXW Problem in RichEdit 2.0
I use the following code the find the Unicode Text in RichEditView using RichEdit20W library int iIndex=::SendMessage(GetRichEditCtrl().m_hWnd, EM_FINDTEXTEXW, 0, FindTextW); where FindTextW is FINDTEXTEXW data structure. However, ::SendMessage always returns -1 (not found). When I used RichEdit20A library (without Unicode support), it find correctly. Do I miss something? And, how can I find and replace Unicode text in RichEdit View. Thanks Kathy That works for me. Are you sure you're providing the correct parameters and that the control contains the text you're searching ...

Importing Distribution List #2
Is there any way to import an Excel file into a distribution list through AD / ESM? I've found a way to create a Personal Address List in Outlook, but the size limit there is just about 150 addresses and I'm looking at about 200. Any other way around this limitation that I'm not thinking of? Thanks. you can use CSVDE utility to do that, please read the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327620/en-us Regards Alaa Al-Ankar Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com "CSP" <Anon@anon.com> wrote in message news:mqpf52l0pftgpkguh22g9lnn39st45otre@4ax.com.....

How do I maintain my date format, when I copy a sheet, in excel?
I have created a document with several sheets, tracking video tapes and their content, as well as date the tape was shot, etc. As projects are completed I am saving the sheet as its own book and removing it from my original file. I've done this to several sheets and each one, when I open the newly saved file, screws up my dates and reverts to some date 4 years ago, and not even the same day of the month. I ran into this problem a few years ago in a similar circumstance. Can I save my document, or have I lost my original date information? The orginal document is maintaining the ...

Internet Explorer Problem
I have a weird one that I haven't been able to solve and need some help. My Internet Explorer browser on my XP machine will not run in 'Admin' mode but runs fine in any of the user modes on the machine. I've done what I can to reset IE to original settings and no luck which leads to to believe that the program, in of itself, is okay but there's apparently some registry key I need to tweak to get it running again in Admin mode. If I boot up into a general user mode OR 'switch user', it's fine. So I'm hopeful that a MS engineer might see this and b...

Excell doesn't auto update cells anymore
Hello NG My Excel 2007 has stopped auto updating formula cells when one of the input cells are changed. It will only update the value if i mark the cell and press enter, or save the file. How do I make it auto update again? Martin Hi Martin, Formulas tab, Calculation Options, check Automatic -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Martin Schou" <ingen@spam.nu> wrote in message news:46a46965$0$15392$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com... | Hello NG | My Excel 2007 has stopped auto updating formula cells when one of the input | cells are changed. It will only...

new web query ( import data )
I knoticed that you can download tables into excel from a URL or web site. mutiple tabples can be selected, however when I selected tables from a different part of the URL during the same web query it only downloaded one of the selections not all of them. Is there anyway you can download mutiple tables with out conducting many new web queries? thanks Josh ...

Windows Vista
I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me. I just saw a screen capture of what appears to be either Vista's Windows Explorer or Search Screen. Near the top of the 'screen' it says: Show Only: 'All' 'E-Mail' 'Document' 'Picture' 'Music' 'Other' What I want to know is how this affects e-mail. I currently use Outlook 2003 for e-mail and the PST file is password protected since more then one person uses the computer. As a result I obviously don't want my e-mail searched and displayed to anyone who just clicks on the &#...

excel file can't be opened #2

Help with importing data
Hi All, I'm currently using Access 2002 Sp3 and I'm having troubles with importing data from a text file. The text file is 750Mb in size. Are there any handy tips or tricks that I ould using tryiong to import this data. Whenever I try to import data Access stops responding. Rgds, Dolphy With a file that size you have to do a line by line import ie write your own routine Pieter "Dolphy" <Kyrpto@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190847728.817529.138530@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm currently using Access 2002 Sp3 and I'm having...

Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors #2
This message was originally posted on 1/26/04, but received no response. I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1. My Outlook.pst file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)," 127 MB after a compress. The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000. Shortly after installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity. It found and repaired errors. I ran it again a few days later, and again it found errors. In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors. Is this normal behavior? For the record, I do NOT abruptly power...

Rmsnet and Internet order
It seems that information on this subject is hard to come by so I am hoping someone here has a little insight. Way back when, we used to use Quicksell 2000 for our brick and mortar POS. We also use Storefront V5 for our web store. SMSPOS used to host a server where we could export our Storefront orders in Yahoo XML format to a specific directory. This was done from within the Storefront software using the HTTP POST method. The XML was posted to an asp script which I suppose parsed the XML and created a file suitable for import into Quicksell. We would then connect to that server via a keystro...

Import porblem
When i import data via a webquery from: http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/table.html I get different values than on the webpage.. When the webpage says: American Dollar 1.3601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 1.62633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 2.75284 0.363261 I get these values in Excel: American Dollar 13.601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 162.633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 275.284 0.363261 Some values are ten times to high, some are hunderd times to low. Is this because in my version we use comma to seperate decimals? So i see the value 13601 for the US$, and with the...

Reprsent negative values in excel charts
Hi, Can someone help in how to reprsent the negative values in the chart and which is the best chart to represent it? What type of chart are you making? In a line, column, bar, XY, or area chart, the negative values are merely plotted on the other side of an axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "uha" <uha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166604B5-A331-4EE6-8010-D921C1EEA017@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can someone help in how to reprsent t...

Uninstalling Outlook express #2
How do you uninstall outlook express if it isn't listed on your control panel/add/remove programs list? Depends on the operating system you are running. But either way it's not recommended practise. For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related Ne...

XML Document #2
I have a list of products in an xml file I want to modify the document by adding, removing and editing items. I'm developing on the Compact Framework and as a result memory is an issue. I don't really want to build a DOM of the XML using XML Document, since it is not really needed and it wastes memory. Can I use another technique ? Jonathan Taylor wrote: > I have a list of products in an xml file I want to modify the document by > adding, removing and editing items. > > I'm developing on the Compact Framework and as a result memory is an issue. > > I d...