Inserting something at the begining of evrey cell

How can I insert soemthing at the begining of evrey cell in a column?

i.e.

Product Name1
Product Name2
Product Name3
Product Name4
Product Name5

into

Something Product Name1
Something Product Name2
Something Product Name3
Something Product Name4
Something Product Name5

As always, TIA,
Jav

try this
Sub addtext()
For Each c In range("i4:i24")
If Len(c) > 0 Then c.Value = "add " & c
Next
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Javi" <Javi.ww89y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> How can I insert soemthing at the begining of evrey cell in a column?
>
> i.e.
>
> Product Name1
> Product Name2
> Product Name3
> Product Name4
> Product Name5
>
> into
>
> Something Product Name1
> Something Product Name2
> Something Product Name3
> Something Product Name4
> Something Product Name5
>
> As always, TIA,
> Javi

Don
11/14/2003 5:18:44 PM
This is a macro. Easiest way, for you, is to right click on the sheet
tab>view code>copy/paste this>SAVE workbook.
the i4:i24 applies to the range of your column. If your data is in b2:b200,
change accordingly. To execute just click anywhere within the text of the
macro and touch the f5 key.

As always, you may want to try on data that doesn't matter or do not save
until satisfied it is what you want.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> try this
> Sub addtext()
> For Each c In range("i4:i24")
> If Len(c) > 0 Then c.Value = "add " & c
> Next
> End Sub
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "Javi" <Javi.ww89y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > How can I insert soemthing at the begining of evrey cell in a column?
> >
> > i.e.
> >
> > Product Name1
> > Product Name2
> > Product Name3
> > Product Name4
> > Product Name5
> >
> > into
> >
> > Something Product Name1
> > Something Product Name2
> > Something Product Name3
> > Something Product Name4
> > Something Product Name5
> >
> > As always, TIA,
> > Javi

> > ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> > ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
Don

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Count with Hidden cells
Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the cells that I have hidden? Depends on the version of excel, excel 2003 works like =SUBTOTAL(103,A1:A10) won't count hidden cells -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Stretch" <Stretch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F387E47-FC1F-4AEB-8A6C-2B37BC012DD1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the > cells > that I have hidden? What does the 103 stand for? "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Depends on the v...

Copying and pasting a series of cells
When I copy and paste the following cell > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) to the remainder of the days of the month, what I get is > =IF('13'!B14>0,'13'!B14,NA()) > =IF('13'!B15>0,'13'!B15,NA()) > etc But what I want to get is > =IF('14'!B13>0,'14'!B13,NA()) > =IF('15'!B13>0,'15'!B13,NA()) > etc I'd even settle for > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > =IF('13'!b13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > etc whereafter I could just modify the fo...

Spliiting a cell
I have a column and its contents is a question which states... What is the Cost of Superbills? Quantity of: I would like to split this lone cell and have the quantity right next to the question. Can I do this??? Make sure the column to the right is empty, then do data>text to columns, select fixed width, click next and click where you want the split. If there can be different strings with different lenght you can use a formula to find for instance the question mark =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND("?",A1)+1,255)) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RTP" wrote: > I have a column and it...

Insert trigger

inserting hrs and minutes

Worksheet name in cell formula
I asked this question a while ago and got a prompt answer which I thought was what I wanted but alas its not... I want to be able to change my worksheet names.....ie: from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc etc.....to something more meaningful.....eg Sales, Expenses....etc etc.... and have these changes reflect on the worksheet. For example, I might want Sheet 1 Cell A1 to say.....This is the Sales worksheet (assuming I have renamed it to Sales). The answer I was given some time back worked.....but it changed the formula on every worksheet to reflect the name of the last changed sheet. By this I mean.....

VLOOKUP and cell color problem.
I have a spreadsheet to create a quotation/estimate and I use the VLOOKUP function to retrieve the price of an item on another worksheet. In that worksheet, I have several pricelists from various suppliers but one column gives me the lowest price and changes the cell color associated with the supplier so I know from which supplier the price comes from. Now my main quotation page displays the cheapest price but does not pass along the cell color which I need so i can tell, by looking at the quotation, which supplier i need to order each item from. Is there a way to pass along not only the va...

Split a cell
Am I able to split a cell, making it 2 as in Microsoft Word? Select a cell or entire column you want to split, then select Data - Text to Columns. Make sure you have an empty column on the right of the column you're spliting or there won't be any room for the data you're spliting off. >-----Original Message----- >Am I able to split a cell, making it 2 as in Microsoft >Word? >. > Priscilla, No. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Priscilla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

how to insert data in a table

Shrink Cells
Hi all, If I have a range of cells, say 4 x 4, can i shrink each cell data to smaller range of cells, say 3 x 3/2 x 2? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com kaon wrote: > Hi all, > > If I have a range of cells, say 4 x 4, can i shrink each cell data to > a smaller range of cells, say 3 x 3/2 x 2? I really, really don't understand what you mean. Please give an example. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. One try .. Suppose the 4 x 4 range is A1:D4 Select A1:D4 and click Copy Click on a cell outside of the range, say on A7 ...

insert downloads into power point

Negative Cell Format
I would like to know if a cell can be fomatted negative so that any subsequent entry appears as a negative number with out having to enter the minus sign. If you only want it to "appear" to be negative: Format/Cells/Number/Custom -General;-General;0;@ Note that positive values displayed with the leading minus sign will not be treated as negative in calculations. If you want to have the values automatically be negative, try this event macro (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Ta...

Entering within cells in Excel on a Mac
Does anyone know when using a Mac, how to enter to the next line within an excel cell without going it going to the next cell? I know for a PC it is Alt and enter. Nicko Wrote: > Does anyone know when using a Mac, how to enter to the next line withi > an > excel cell without going it going to the next cell? I know for a PC i > is Alt > and enter. COMMAND+OPTION+RETURN Hope this helps -- Domeni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1078 View this thread: ...

Insert dataset to another database

Removing beginning balances
Just went live on GP 10.0 from another system and entered beginning balances @6/30/08 (our fiscal year starts 7/1/08). We then did a year-end close and all BS accounts and RE came through fine. We just discovered our source TB from our old system was totally wrong. Can we remove all the Source Doc 'BBF' from the GL20000 and do a GL reconcile, then rekey the correct TB from our old system? We do have fiscal 2009 activity in there too. Thanks Why not instead just enter a correcting entry as of 6/30/08, it will 'reclose' automatically when you post it and you should be go...

Insert a blank row

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

How can you copy selected cells when one cell contains a specified string?
Hi! I need to paste selected cells into different worksheets. The cells contain information like: date, amount, category eg: 24/08/04, 590, eggs 25/08/04, 430, cheese what I wanna do is copy date and amounts to eggs worksheet or cheese worksheet, depending on whether category is eggs or cheese. Is there a way to combine the IF function with a paste link, or something like that? Thanks a bundle in advance! Jon. Formulas return a value to the cells in which they reside. They cannot perform actions, such as copy,paste ect. what you want is possible but you didn't not provide enou...