Inserting Rows...but losing "FORMAT"

I have a spreadsheet that I have used for 5 years...with daily data being
inputted (in newly inserted rows), then Grand Totaled at the bottom of the
spreadsheet.  I have never had a problem...UNTIL RECENTLY.

One of my columns is the time of day, such as 2:54pm, and presently, all of
my inserted rows, except for only 3 of them, depict the time as 2:54 (WITHOUT
THE AM or PM), so, I use the Format Painter, and I Fix the problem...that is,
until the next day, when the same incident again occurs.

I do not know why this is happening, but I must use this extra step (Format
Painter) to 'fix' the dilemma.

Can anyone advise me as to how I can avoid this awkward situation...bearing
in mind that the use of the Format Painter was never necessary until recently?

Thank you,

FLKulchar

If there is formatting, you can use Insert Options  to choose how to set the
formatting of the inserted rows. Another options is to highlight the entire
column, then on the home ribbon, click format, format cells, click the number
tab, click "time" in the catagory box, then select the type you desire. To
get PM you may need to enter the time in military time.

"FLKULCHAR" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet that I have used for 5 years...with daily data being
> inputted (in newly inserted rows), then Grand Totaled at the bottom of the
> spreadsheet.  I have never had a problem...UNTIL RECENTLY.
>
> One of my columns is the time of day, such as 2:54pm, and presently, all of
> my inserted rows, except for only 3 of them, depict the time as 2:54 (WITHOUT
> THE AM or PM), so, I use the Format Painter, and I Fix the problem...that is,
> until the next day, when the same incident again occurs.
>
> I do not know why this is happening, but I must use this extra step (Format
> Painter) to 'fix' the dilemma.
>
> Can anyone advise me as to how I can avoid this awkward situation...bearing
> in mind that the use of the Format Painter was never necessary until recently?
>
> Thank you,
>
> FLKulchar

Formatting 'Hours' in work field with out decimals
I need help in formating the work hours showing rounded off to next hr, rather than showing with one decimal. Appreciate help What about using the Round function? Round([Field],0) - or something like that syntax. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I need help in formating the work hours showing rounded off to next > hr, rather than showing with one decimal. Appreciate help > On Jan 26, 2:05=A0pm, drjayr2002 <drjayr2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need help in formating the work hours showing rounded off to next ...

How do I format publication design after page 18?
After I hit page 18 I could no longer format the publication design onto the page. Thought it might be considered the back cover but I even tried inserting pages and it still happened. Any suggestions? What formatting are you using? Text? When you setup your project did you use a wizard? What version of Publisher are you using? Have you tried, insert page, duplicate all objects on page XX? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gw" <gw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91BA1FA9-6AA2-44C7-81D...

Numerical Formatting in a Report
Hello, I am trying to whittle down some duplicate files on our server. One of the lines in the report provides a summary of a particular duplicated file. In the text box control, I have the following: ="There are " & [subCounter] & " additional copies of '" & [File_Name] & "' potentially using up to " & [footsum] & " MB of space." which works, but is ugly. The [footsum] entity is calculated by dividing the file size in bytes by 1024 and again by 1024 to yield MB. Is there a way to round the [footsum] calculation to ...

colour formatting
hi all.. Has anyone any idea how to chnge the colour of the text in say a1, a2, a3 simply from the results of what word is placed in cell a4 TIA Use the Format-->Conditional formatting command. 1. Select cells A1:A3 2. Click Format-->Conditional formatting 3. Change the first dropdown (on the left) to "Formula Is" 4. Enter the following formula in the textbox to the right of "Formula Is": =$A$4="Hello" Where: $A$4 = the cell you're testing "Hello" = the word/phrase that will make the font color change. Make sure ...

Automatic conditional formatting from a list
Hi All I need a macro that colours cells if the product name in column A on it's row matches any in the product list. There is a list of product names in C17:End(xlUp).Row, that have different backgrounds applied to each cell in the list. The macro looks at Column A in the worksheet & compares it to the product name list. Where it finds a product name match, it goes across to columns I:BJ (on the matched row) and applies the product name's background colour to any "active cells" (i.e. value >0). The following code does this but it's applies...

Conditional Format Percentage
Hi, How can I conditionally format a cell based on the percentage value of another cell rather than the value of its own cell?. All values ar Example, I wish to format "A1" based on the value of B1. If B1 = -5% then A1 would colour Amber, if B1 = -10% then A1 would colour Red, if B1 => 0 then A1 would go Green. Three format to apply - (1) B1 => 0% [Green] (2) B1 <= minus 9.99% [Red] (3) B1 between minus 0.01% & -9.99% [Amber] Can this be done, possibly in one formula for conditional formatting? Thanks, Mickey In the Conditional Formatting dialog, change &quo...

60 page file, in magazine format, pages are reversing.
Hey I created a mock up magazine, and there are about 60 pages. When I converted it to PDF, it turned in 30 pages, and in those 30 pages they doubled two pages into ONE page and THOSE pages were from complete opposite ends of the magazine. I want to read from start to finish like a magazine, 1, 2-3, 4-5, and so on and so fourth and the last page would be 60. This is kind of important, so if you could help me in any way I'd appreciate it. Sounds like you created your project in booklet form. If you print out the file it will assemble in the correct order. -- ...

Conditional Formating, contain space
Hi All, How do I HIGHLIGHT a block of data that CONTAIN space?? For an Example, COLOUMN A1-A1000 contains TEXT data. I would like to highlight those cells that contains data. Thanks in advance. New Rule>Use a formula. =NOT(ISBLANK(cellref)) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:51:01 -0800, apache007 <apache007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >How do I HIGHLIGHT a block of data that CONTAIN space?? > >For an Example, COLOUMN A1-A1000 contains TEXT data. >I would like to highlight those cells that contains data....

WIN.DAT files still rec'd by others even tho in HTML format.
I definitely send EMail in HTML format, yet some still receive it in WIN.DAT files, even sometimes to me when I send it to myself. "Ray Girard" <Ray Girard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD5C6F51-E86B-40E3-A2BF-A31B45C12FB6@microsoft.com... >I definitely send EMail in HTML format, yet some still receive it in WIN.DAT > files, even sometimes to me when I send it to myself. You definitely _think_ you're sending in HTML, but that might not be the case. Are any of the recipients in your Contacts folder? If so, open one of the recipients' Cont...

Custom Number Format #9
I'm trying to set a cell format to either $ or % determined by the value input by the selection of one of two lists dependent on a $ or % selection criteria in another cell. If the value input is within the range of -1 to 1, I need it to display in a percentage format. If it is less than -1 or greater than 1, it needs to display as a currency format (or comma w/ 2 decimals). I prefer using data validation lists on this sheet instead of other controls due to their larger size. The version is Excel 2000. Any assistance is appreciated. You could use a helper cell to show the f...

Negative Cell Format
I would like to know if a cell can be fomatted negative so that any subsequent entry appears as a negative number with out having to enter the minus sign. If you only want it to "appear" to be negative: Format/Cells/Number/Custom -General;-General;0;@ Note that positive values displayed with the leading minus sign will not be treated as negative in calculations. If you want to have the values automatically be negative, try this event macro (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Ta...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

Formatting issue
I have a field in my query that has a combination of letters and numbers. In the table from which the query is derived, this field is formatted to have all letters capitalized (>) and I have the following input mask: LA0000. In my query, the letters aren't in caps. I'm concerned that this issue will cascade to reports. Please help? -- Thanks for your time! "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEAA889C-A902-4338-B6E6-C5581434FF77@microsoft.com... >I have a field in my query that has a combination of letters and numbers. >In > t...

How to do a function, like quick format?
Maybe it is a stupid question. I want to do a function, like quick format I have a idea that i use "CreateFile" to open PhysicalDrive and write all zero sectors by sectors until all size over. But it will destroy all information, including MBR and FAT32 Boot Record , and spend much time to do. How to do to let the function, like quick format, avoid deleting MBR and and FAT32 Boot Record? Not write all zero into sector 1 on each drive(C:,D:) or on each PhysicalDrive, right? Note that what you describe, to open PhysicalDriveN and write to it, is not the same as "formatting&qu...

Formatting data into 1 column into 3 columns???
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that has text in 1 column (64 pages) and I need to format so that it ends up in three columns. For example the column looks like this name address phone name address phone etc. I need it to go across like: name address phone Is there a way to make this happen??? MANY THANKS if anyone can help!!! Tricia Make sure you have a back up first.! Assuming the first name of your list is in a1 Enter in b1 ....=a1 in c1......=a2 in d1.....=a3 extend down the column as far as you need to. enter in e1 ....1 in e2......2 in e3......3...

undoing conditional formatting
Hello and great day today. I use conditional formatting to find an error(s) in many rows and columns when my grand totals aren't matching both down and across. I might have 15 columns and 45 rows with data and currency listed. I must make sure each row across matches to a grand total and same down with the columns. The conditional formatting is great for high-liting discrepancies But it also highlites rows that are not really errors when put together with another row. So I fix the row with an actual error but how do I get rid of the highlite on the rows which are not really errors. I can...

creating a date function/format
how do you create a function for a column that allows you to enter a date, (without spaces or separaters - 121504) into a cell and they are automatically formatted into a date (12/15/04)? Hi you need VBA for this. Try the following addin: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "wire cloth" <wire cloth@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7E5A1E32-F80C-43F5-9409-7DA548CD4805@microsoft.com... > how do you create a function for a column that allows you to enter a date, > (without spaces or separa...

Need help with chart formatting
I need to deselect everything on a chart in a chart window in order to resize it to the screen. In Excel, the escape key does this but the VBA code "ActiveChart.Deselect" does not, even though the help screen says it is identical to the escape key. I can't find any way to deselect everything; the funky (and evidently new to Excel 2007) round-cornered frame is always selected. Resizing the frame while recording a macro generates no code, nor does manually clicking off the white chart area entirely, which does deselect the frame. Can anybody help? Also an expl...

Invalid date format ...
I'm trying to convert MS-Access database into MS-SQL 2000 SP 4. While doing so, I got error at row 232: Invalid date format Row 232 has this date: Nov 23 2005 for this date also i am getting error:2005/09/03 (YYYY/MM/DD) I've tried using all date formats. No respite!. I'm using DTS to migrate. Also, tried through programming. No respite!!. Please let me know the workaround. Thanx much. Raj. ...

Formatting (macros or templates)?
What is the best way to apply consistently apply formatting to excel spreadsheets? I have spreadsheets that dump from S-Plus. I need to format them in a Memo type format with the company logo at top and other header info. What's the best way to do this, a template in word or macros in excel? Thanks for any advice. ...

Conditional Formating #8
Is it possible to use conditional formatin in Excel 2003 to: value cell is in red if it's format is accounting - Dollars value cell is in blue if it's format is accounting - Euros Yes Use "cell value is equal to" in conditional formatting. You will have to ensure you use the required currency symbol ($ / €) as you enter the the amount in each cell ie $12000 €12000 CG1954 "Khalil handal" wrote: > Is it possible to use conditional formatin in Excel 2003 to: > value cell is in red if it's format is accounting - Dollars > value cell is in blue if it...

format cell to search text in another cell
I'm trying to make it so that when text is typed in a cell, other cells will read it, and if the text includes certain letters (like "ss" in "dssl" or "ssdl") then it would insert "N/A" in the appropriate cells. i also want it to be able to look for more than one thing. Not case sesitive. Below is by no means code, but i don't know how else to explain it. For instance in cell C14 (IF C3 = "*ss" or "*bl1" then "N/A" else " ") I tried =IF(SEARCH("SS", C6,1)>0,"N/A", " "...

The source data is not in the required format
I'm trying to import a list of 10 contacts. They were all unsuccessful. The error message "The source data is not in the required format" appears. The error stop at the company column which is a lookup to another table and it is a required field. I've tried replacing the company name with both plain text and GUID. I'm also trying to import a field name Contact Steward. This field contains a CRM User login ID and a field name Language which is a pick list item containing the words English or French. Questions: What should I try for the company field? What shou...

Conditional Format
Hi, I am creating a conditional format which is based on a value form another cell say: if value is less than: =If(r14=14,20,30) however can I set the cell to be relative rather than one cell? Thanks You should be able to copy the cell with the conditional formatting, then Paste>Special>Formats over all the cells you wouold like to have the conditional formatting. "MS Forum Newsgroup User" wrote: > Hi, > > I am creating a conditional format which is based on a value form another > cell say: > > if value is less...

Format Date Display in Access ADP
Is there a way to force a combo box to display a date pulled from a SQL Server database in a specific format? The date is being displayed as YYYY-MM-DD which is the default for SQL Server. I seem to recall that combo box's ignore the Format property. Actually, I solved my own problem. I figured out that I needed to add another column to the call back function that loads up the combo box. The new column has the date formated as YYYY-MM-DD which, given that its ColumnWidth is set to 0 causes the correct date format to be displayed. The second column, which is visible, di...