INSERTING ROWS OF TEXT

HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED
T O ADD LINES FOR EXAMPLE IF I NEEDED TO 2 MORE ROWS
BETWEEN 6 AND 7
0
PLAN (1)

Joe,

Please don't post in all caps -- it is considered rude and is hard to read.
You can add add two rows between rows 6 and 7 by selecting selecting rows 7
and 8 and choosing Row from the Insert menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"JOE" <PLAN@SBSGLOBAL.NET> wrote in message
> HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED
> T O ADD LINES FOR EXAMPLE IF I NEEDED TO 2 MORE ROWS
> BETWEEN 6 AND 7

0
chip1 (1821)
10/9/2003 5:57:56 PM
Try this Joe

Select row 7 and press twice on Ctrl-+

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"JOE" <PLAN@SBSGLOBAL.NET> wrote in message news:03a201c38e8d$dff368b0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED
> T O ADD LINES FOR EXAMPLE IF I NEEDED TO 2 MORE ROWS
> BETWEEN 6 AND 7

0
rondebruin (3789)
10/9/2003 6:02:44 PM
Hi Joe,
That's the   +  on numeric keyboard,  not so easy from a laptop.
where you have to use the Fn key as well.

For your other problem might I suggest you use a translator
such as  EditPad Lite to translate text into lowercase and then
change the needed capitalizations for  sentences and proper nouns.
Not everyone can read your posting, I had to put up with all capitals
on computers at the beginning, but those days are long gone -- thank
goodness, because it sure is easier to use a computer to write with
than having to use  a typewriter to do documentation of computer stuff.

HTH,

"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:umgqM%23ojDHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Try this Joe
>
> Select row 7 and press twice on Ctrl-+
>
> --
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)
> www.rondebruin.nl
>

> "JOE" <PLAN@SBSGLOBAL.NET> wrote in message news:03a201c38e8d$dff368b0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> > HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED
> > T O ADD LINES FOR EXAMPLE IF I NEEDED TO 2 MORE ROWS
> > BETWEEN 6 AND 7

0
dmcritchie (2586)
10/9/2003 6:21:06 PM
> That's the   +  on numeric keyboard

I believe I never used the other one David<g>

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message news:uDt5VKpjDHA.3024@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi Joe,
> That's the   +  on numeric keyboard,  not so easy from a laptop.
> where you have to use the Fn key as well.
>
> For your other problem might I suggest you use a translator
> such as  EditPad Lite to translate text into lowercase and then
> change the needed capitalizations for  sentences and proper nouns.
> Not everyone can read your posting, I had to put up with all capitals
> on computers at the beginning, but those days are long gone -- thank
> goodness, because it sure is easier to use a computer to write with
> than having to use  a typewriter to do documentation of computer stuff.
>
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:umgqM%23ojDHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Try this Joe
> >
> > Select row 7 and press twice on Ctrl-+
> >
> > --
> > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)
> > www.rondebruin.nl
> >

> > "JOE" <PLAN@SBSGLOBAL.NET> wrote in message news:03a201c38e8d$dff368b0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> > > HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED
> > > T O ADD LINES FOR EXAMPLE IF I NEEDED TO 2 MORE ROWS
> > > BETWEEN 6 AND 7

0
rondebruin (3789)

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

Alternate Row Shading
I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then dark-gray, etc. Thanks! AB Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alex_Bachrach wrote: > I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, > most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to > shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then > dark-...

Excel
When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. Your question has fallen into an Access news group. Try an Excel news group for a better chance at getting a quick answer. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rachel" wrote: > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> 在郵件 news:DE18E8EF-5A6D-4661-A768-41D3B4D85D6C@microsoft.com 中撰寫... > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are ...

How To Copy Rows without Work Art
I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it also copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is that my file size will balloon. My code simply states Sheets("Starters").Select Rows("9:23").Select Selection.Copy Range("A25").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A41").Select ActiveSheet.Paste How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating' over Rows 14-18) Thanks Anot...

Insert trigger

Auto correct text changes
I am editing a document in word 2007 that has been saved in compatible mode. Whe I try to turn one heading into italics or bold it changes all the headings in the document to the same formatiing. Can any one help me to stop this happening. If I then press undo all the other changes revert back and not the one I have just made. I can't keep pressing undo everytime I make a change. I just want it to change the words I am highlighting See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/wholedocumentreformatted.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "David Rudman"...

empty rows at bottom of worksheet
My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows? Michael If you will turn on the page break preview (piece of paper with a magnifying glass) which is the icon on the on the Standard Toolbar to the right of the Printer icon it will show you exactly what is going to print. There are solid blue lines that the edge of the page, the dashed blue lines are soft page breaks. Find the solid blue line at the bottom of the spreadsheet and drag it ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Empty rows
When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the report (the last typed row)? Connie Hi clear your used range first: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Connie Martin" <Connie Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:61708D1A-8D45-4213-A35A-54953A8C90E5@microsoft.com... > When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes > to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the re...

how do I format text as strikethrough in Publisher 2003?
I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher 2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough. I have even tried to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at, except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text. I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format the text in this way. Can anyone help? You will have to ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Auto Sum unknown number of rows
Im using odbc to import data from a database. Imported is a list of products in column A and then various columns containing sales figures. Because of the import from the database, I do not know how many rows of products will appear, this week we sell 500 different products, next week 550. I need to add totals to the columns directly under the last product. I've tried creating the totals in an empty template and then inserting the imported data so the total figures move down and appear at the bottom. However the imported data moves the total cells to the right instead of down. Tried ...

how to insert data in a table

Select alternate rows to copy
I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this? -- Christina Christina Use a spare column (I used B but any will do), enter this formula and copy down to the full extent of your data. You will get alternating TRUE, FALSE =MOD(ROW(A2),2)=0 Now invoke an autofilter (Data>Filter>Autofilter) and filter on which one you want. Copy that data and pate to another sheet. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Christina" <Christina@disc...

insert downloads into power point

text field validation 12-07-04
I am trying to create an validate event for Text fields on CRMAccount address fields. Whenever you try to change the values of these fields, it should alert the message. Here is the code like: In sfa\accts\acct_cont.js file, under window.OnLoad function: function window.onload() { ..... .... try { crmForm.address1_line1.onblur = validate; } catch (e) { alert("Error: " + e.message); } } function validate() { if (crmForm.ownerid.value == "{669282E2-2725-47A1-8234-3BD107C49487}") { alert("Not a authorized user. Please notify ...

Combine rows of data and use if/then with results
Greetings, I am trying to combine rows of data for e-learning students and then determine certification status; here’s an extract as an example: Smith Module 1 Completed Jones Module 1 Completed Doe Module 1 Not Started Smith Module 2 Completed Jones Module 2 Completed Doe Module 2 Not Started Smith Module 3 Completed Jones Module 3 In Progress Doe Module 3 Not Started First I’d like to sort by Last Name. Once sorted I need status – if all 3 modules completed, status='certified'. If only 1 or 2 have been completed, status='in progress', if none have been...

Insert a blank row

Insert dataset to another database