inserting rows #7

is it possible to insert rows at a regular intervals by using one command?
like i have to insert rows after odd rows number....1,3,5,....

thanks
0
Ankur (28)

Ankur,

Insert a new column, and use the formula:

=ROW()

and copy to match your table.

Then below your table, in the same column, insert a 1 in the first cell (or the number of your
lowest numbered odd row in your table), then below that the formula
=??+2
where you replace the ?? with the cell address of the cell with the 1. Then copy down that formula
until a number matches your highest row number.
Then copy that column, and pastespecial values to convert to values.  Then select your table and the
new column (including the blank cells below your table - in other words, everything), and sort based
on that column.  Then delete the column, and you will have a blank row below each of what used to be
odd numbered rows.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to insert rows at a regular intervals by using one command?
> like i have to insert rows after odd rows number....1,3,5,....
>
> thanks

0
Bernie

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Alternate Row Shading
I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then dark-gray, etc. Thanks! AB Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alex_Bachrach wrote: > I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, > most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to > shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then > dark-...

Excel
When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. Your question has fallen into an Access news group. Try an Excel news group for a better chance at getting a quick answer. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rachel" wrote: > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> 在郵件 news:DE18E8EF-5A6D-4661-A768-41D3B4D85D6C@microsoft.com 中撰寫... > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are ...

Insert trigger

How To Copy Rows without Work Art
I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it also copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is that my file size will balloon. My code simply states Sheets("Starters").Select Rows("9:23").Select Selection.Copy Range("A25").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A41").Select ActiveSheet.Paste How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating' over Rows 14-18) Thanks Anot...

empty rows at bottom of worksheet
My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows? Michael If you will turn on the page break preview (piece of paper with a magnifying glass) which is the icon on the on the Standard Toolbar to the right of the Printer icon it will show you exactly what is going to print. There are solid blue lines that the edge of the page, the dashed blue lines are soft page breaks. Find the solid blue line at the bottom of the spreadsheet and drag it ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Excel Read Only in New Windows 7 Installation
I have upgrade to Windows 7 Professional, installed Office Home and Student and copied my XP-created EXCEL files but now they are all Read Only. I assume this is due to the new installtion but have no recollection of any passwords in the XP version. Is there some file that contains this data that I can locate to correct the Windows 7 files? Thank you, Jim Harper -- JMorgNU perhaps those files were on a CD or DVD for the transfer? If then they can be read-only. Simply r-click on the File name and select Properties, and UNcheck the Read-only box. To do this for all the Files in a folder ...

Activation of windows 7
I bought an upgrade version of windows 7 and installed it on a new hard drive. Now, it doesnt accept the activation key because it considers it a new installation. However, I have windows xp. How to make this activation understand that I have xp? Ulrich wrote: > I bought an upgrade version of windows 7 and installed it on a new > hard drive. Now, it doesnt accept the activation key because it > considers it a new installation. However, I have windows xp. How to > make this activation understand that I have xp? "Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media"...

Empty rows
When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the report (the last typed row)? Connie Hi clear your used range first: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Connie Martin" <Connie Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:61708D1A-8D45-4213-A35A-54953A8C90E5@microsoft.com... > When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes > to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the re...

Insert with a where condition

Windows 7 / Office 2007
Hi, Does anybody know which updates in Windows 7 that "screws" up macro-enabled spreadsheets in Office 2007 (Enterprise)? On Windows Vista the update was called KB973593, but I can't find this update on my system. So what's the equivalent update on Windows 7? Can someone help me out here? Anders ...

Insert

Windows update installation problem under Windows 7 64 bit
This morning I noticed a message in the Action Center saying that there had been a "Windows Update installation problem" dated two days ago. A Windows update did not install properly, it said. I checked my system and application logs for the past week and found no error messages. I checked Windows Update history and I did an update for Internet Explorer 8 on 1/23, two days earlier, that it said completed successfully. I do see there is an Internet Explorer 8 update to be installed.still and am assuming that must be *again*? So I am confused. Do I have a problem or not? How do...

Windows 7 fails configuring updates
Windows 7 fails configuring updates OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal RaZ123121 wrote: > Windows 7 fails configuring updates > OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit > Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal All updates or a specific one ? When did this issue start to occur ? Click the Start orb > type the following in the Search field windowsupdate.log Under Programs, click on windowsupdate.log Scroll all the way to the bottom of the log for the most recent entries. Copy and paste at least the last 50 or so lines of the log into your repl...

Auto Sum unknown number of rows
Im using odbc to import data from a database. Imported is a list of products in column A and then various columns containing sales figures. Because of the import from the database, I do not know how many rows of products will appear, this week we sell 500 different products, next week 550. I need to add totals to the columns directly under the last product. I've tried creating the totals in an empty template and then inserting the imported data so the total figures move down and appear at the bottom. However the imported data moves the total cells to the right instead of down. Tried ...

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Select alternate rows to copy
I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this? -- Christina Christina Use a spare column (I used B but any will do), enter this formula and copy down to the full extent of your data. You will get alternating TRUE, FALSE =MOD(ROW(A2),2)=0 Now invoke an autofilter (Data>Filter>Autofilter) and filter on which one you want. Copy that data and pate to another sheet. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Christina" <Christina@disc...

Insert a blank row