Inserting rows #5

I have a spreadsheet that is approx. 200 rows long and I need to insert a new
row after each existing row.  Please help!

Thanks for your time!
0
T (153)

ASAP Utilities has a feature that does this nicely...........ASAP Utilities
is a
Excel add-in, and is available free at www.ASAP-utilities.com

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Linda T" <Linda T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a spreadsheet that is approx. 200 rows long and I need to insert a
new
> row after each existing row.  Please help!
>
> Thanks for your time!

0
croberts (1377)
6/16/2005 11:11:20 PM
- add a column
- in the new column, for your existing data, insert ascending odd numbers
1 - 399 (1, 3 then use Fill Series)
- in the next 200 empty rows, insert ascending even numbers 2 - 400
- Sort on the column
- Delete the column

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"Linda T" <Linda T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a spreadsheet that is approx. 200 rows long and I need to insert a
>new
> row after each existing row.  Please help!
>
> Thanks for your time!

0
JunkGeorgeN (154)
6/16/2005 11:18:41 PM
Thank you for replying...I downloaded ASAP Utilities and it did exactly what
I wanted it to do in just a couple of mouse clicks!

You saved me ALOT of time...thanks again!
Linda T.

"CLR" wrote:

> ASAP Utilities has a feature that does this nicely...........ASAP Utilities
> is a
> Excel add-in, and is available free at www.ASAP-utilities.com
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "Linda T" <Linda T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a spreadsheet that is approx. 200 rows long and I need to insert a
> new
> > row after each existing row.  Please help!
> >
> > Thanks for your time!

You're quite welcome...........thanks for the feedback...........

> Thank you for replying...I downloaded ASAP Utilities and it did exactly
what
> I wanted it to do in just a couple of mouse clicks!
>
> You saved me ALOT of time...thanks again!
> Linda T.
>
> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > ASAP Utilities has a feature that does this nicely...........ASAP
Utilities
> > is a
> > Excel add-in, and is available free at www.ASAP-utilities.com
> >
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABGx3
> >

> > "Linda T" <Linda T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a spreadsheet that is approx. 200 rows long and I need to
insert a
> > new
> > > row after each existing row.  Please help!
> > >
> > > Thanks for your time!

0
croberts (1377)

Repeat top rows on page to the right
Hi, I have a two-page wide spreadsheet and would like to repeat both column A and the top 4 rows on the second page to the right. Column A works fine, and the top rows work in a header, but I don't want to use a header. I want to have formated cells repeat. Is there anyway to do this in Excel 2003 for Windows? Thanks and much appreciated if you know. Michele Just go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab), where you can specify "Rows to repeat at top" and "Cols to repeat at left". From here you can also do a print preview to see if your settings are as you want them....

Wrapping A Long Row
I'm a newcommer to Excel and have a sheet with a long row of data (ove 1,000 entries). It would be nice if there was a way to wrap the lis into columns on a sheet so that the actual report isn't so many page with emty space around the data. Is there a way to do this? :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe this can help http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Slowhand >" <<Slowhand.179z9a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message n...

Howto restrict the number of rows/items per page in Invoice print
How do I restrict the number of rows or items per page on an Invoice? For example I want to print only 20 line items per page. How can I accomplish this using ReportWriter? Thanks very much in advance for your help -Surendra I think you can change the footer (or was it header) definition for the report and give the number of rows to print per page. "Surendra" wrote: > How do I restrict the number of rows or items per page on an Invoice? > > For example I want to print only 20 line items per page. How can I > accomplish this using ReportWriter? > > Than...

Inserted sound trouble
I am working on a presentation as a welcome for training pupils. The slideshow is only about nine slides. I need for it to play continuously with the song that's inserted. What happens is, the slide show loops, right and the music continue, right, but the music starts from the beginning each time the show starts from the beginning, not right. Please help I have tried everything I can think of. Just want the song to finish before starting again. You will probably have to increase the transition time between slides to equal the length of the soundtrack. That way when the mu...

delete blank rows from other tab
hi, anybody know a coed to delte the blank rows (row is all blank) if i'm in other sheet. let's say i'm on sheet B and want to run a macro from sheet B to delete blank rows from sheet A, any ideas ...?? cheers, mayte These sites might help you to form a macro that will work for you. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm "Mayte" <Mayte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FECA529C-CDE2-4599-B926-41E894E4C857@microsoft.com... > hi, > anybody know a coed to delt...

Exchange 5.5 sp4
Hi, All I have exchange 5.5 sp4 on an nt4 sp6 SBS 4.5. The database priv.edb has reached the maximum allowed size and information store service shuts down. After defragmentation priv.edb I run exchange and have removed some messages. But information store shuts down again and priv.edb has returned to the previous size. How to decrease the size of priv.edb ? ...

Pivot Tables & not printing blank rows (revisited)
I have an excel file that updates a pivot table when I run a macro. The size of the re-generated pivot table (in the # of rows) can vary depending on the source data. When I print the pivot table, I don't want to print pages and pages of blank rows underneath. I also don't want to have to resize my print area each time. In the past I have avoided this problem by clearing the print area instead of setting a print area. However, if I try to format a large # of rows [background color, text alignment etc] to accomodate a wide ranging pivot table size, excel then assumes that you want ALL o...

copying row heights
Hello, I have a workbook with 12 identical sheets, one for each month of the year. I have completed January with the formulae & formatting I want, and now need to copy the sheet to the other 11. I cannot find out how to copy whilst preserving the original row heights (which vary throughout the sheet. (I can copy column widths OK via Paste Special.) Thanks KK Hold your Ctrl Key down, Select and hold the actual tab of the work sheet, drag to the right. You should see a new tab with the old tab's name(2), repeat as needed. You have created exact duplicattes of your original work...

NDIS driver performance drop between ce 5 and ce 6
Hello Everyone I am faced with a performance issue over a DMA based NDIS driver for AX88796, My customer has generated a benchmark application, written in .Net to measure the performance of the tcp transfers, connecting the board to the deskop. Turns out that, using the same driver and benchmark application, under ce 5 he gets around 500 000 B/s and under CE 6 this drops to 430 000 B/ s. Is that drop normal? Due to Kernel and NDIS changes, should I expect that drop? Using perfalyzer with a profiling build, I have many hits in DoWaitForObjects and IDLE_STATE under CE6, while ...

Find Value and delete rows above
Hello everyone, Ive got a sheet which draws data in via a web query, It then pull all the info and puts it into my sheet down the sheet in rows.... Depending on which page of my site it draws it from.. depends where the starting point in..... for example... Page 1 = A1 = blah blah 1 B1 = blah blah 2 C1 = Start D1 = Data E1 = Data F1 = End G1 = blah blah 3 Page 2 = A1 = blah blah 1 B1 = blah blah 2 C1 = blah blah 3 D1 = Start E1 = Data F1 = End G1 = blah blah 3 Is there a way I could get it to strip out everything from the START and above, and everything from END and below no matter how ...

Outlook 2000 problems after migrating Exchange server from 5.5 to 2000
We had Exchange server 5.5 running on Windows 2000. Every client has Outlook 2000 SR-1 as mail client. After migrating to Exchange server 2000, we are having problems on computers running Windows XP pro. But on computers running W2k it's everything fine. On Windows XP, Outlook 2000 will not send any email to any adress not in the personal adress book, and will not connect to the global adress book defined on the server. Trying to access the global address list will fire the message "Network problems are preventing connection to the microsoft Exchange server computer. Contact...

HELP! Pricing matrix for Great Plains 7.5
Hi, I have a problem with the pricing matrix my company uses. Here is the situation: I have 2 kinds of price list. One is net price and the other one is discount price. I use these two prices for the same customer. I have already used "Omniprice" for my pricing matrix. But the problem is everytime I input the item, great plains always askes me password for overide price. For your information, I put password for overide price as my boss doesn't want his employee to be able to change the price during inputting sales order. What solutions I need is: 1. Pricing matrix 2. I do...

NT4 exch 5.5 big probs
Hi, Having lost our PDC to a mains spike the mail server is now very unhappy. PDC has been re-built but mail server wont start mail services. Any advice on what to do next? Backup did not include mail server, so can't restore. thanks, Neil How unhappy is your server? What errors are being generated? -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "Neil Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message news:c8cb03$4ce$1$830fa7b3@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi, > > Having lost our PDC to a mains spike the mail server is now very unhappy. > > PDC has been re-built but mail ...

Exchange migration 5.5 to 2003 problem
OK I am converting Exchange 5.5 to 2003. So far the migration has gone well. I do have one wierd problem. I have a couple of users that there users accounts did not match up to there Mailbox account so know I have 2 accounts for the same perosn. One is just a mailbox in the AD reciepents container the other is a Login account in AD. How can I link the Login account back to the mailbox with out deleteing both and recreating everything? Thank you for any help Kyle Davison Here's what you have to do. 1. Disable ADC 2. Go into Exchange 5.5 raw mode (admin.exe /r) 3. Go into t...

eConnect fails to insert purchase order
I tried to modify the eConnect sample code to insert a po into sample company TWO and got a SQL error: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'OR EXTCST', table 'TWO.dbo.POP10110'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? I checked the xml scheme, there's no corresponding field to OREXTCST (Originating Extending Cost). Any help will be appreciated. Hi Jerry What version of eConnect are you using. Also, try setting the OREXTCST to the same value ...

Excel 2000-Rows Do Not Sort Ascending
I am using Excel 2000. In Excel 97, 2002, and 2003, if you click on only one CELL, you can sort that column in ascending order. But in Excel 2000, you have to select the entire worksheet in order to sort ascending. Is there a Microsoft service pack available to correct this problem in Excel 2000? Any other advice you may have? Thank you. Hi, Sorry, but I have never heard either scenario you mention: I think you have to select at least two cells to do a sort (One doesn't make any sense), and you certainly don't have to select the entire worksheet to do a sort in any versio...

Office 2004 UPDATE 11.5 (open .docx file)
Asked on the Entourage newsgroup: ------ Forwarded Message From: Bible John <BibleJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:29:01 -0700 Subject: Office 2004 UPDATE 11.5 I installed it manually and I still cant open .docx file nor save to these Within Word. I do also have installed "Office Open XML Converter". Do I need to run this everytime I wish to open a docx file? This defeats the purpose. John ------ End of Forwarded Message ...

Last Exchange 5.5 Server is site....need to delete server and site
We had an Exchange 5.5 server that was the last server in an administrative site that was improperly removed from our Exchange 5.5 Organization. As it stands now, this site and server still exist within the Exchange 5.5 Org however in reality do not exist. How can I delete this server and Site from my Exchange 5.5 Org? Is this something that can be done in raw mode? Thanks! As long as the old server does not exist or is not on-line you can go into the System Administrator in RAW mode and delete the server. I hope that helps Hi Robert, Thanks for your response. Actually, I am n...

Defining Hight of Every Other Row
I often need to change the row height of every other row and searching for a way to do that other than selecting each every other row before using Format/Row/Height. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Amr, If you copy two rows, one changed and one unchanged, then you can select a large block of an even number of rows and use pastespecial format to change the row heights in the alternating pattern. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Amr Tabbarah" <A...

Deleting Rows in MS Excel
How can I delete every other row on an Excel worksheet without highlighting and deleting each row in turn? -- MacK "MacK" <MacK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA4EB4A5-5730-451A-8A89-20906254D005@microsoft.com... > How can I delete every other row on an Excel worksheet without highlighting > and deleting each row in turn? > -- > MacK You need a macro. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213610 /Fredrik Hi Mack If this is a one off, Click on the first row header, then Hold Ctrl and click on all of the other row headers and then delete them...

OWA on Exchange 5.5.
About every 3 days, certain mailboxes cannot login to OWA without me having to reboot the server. Also, these mailboxes do not close out from Outlook 2000 when working in my LAN. Does anybody know what could be causing this? If anyone in your organization has opened their mailbox with Outlook 2003, this can cause cdo issues which will hang your inetinfo process. There is a Q article on this and a downloadable patch. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how do you insert a tick in excel document
want to insert a tick in excel doc in a box (cross for no and tick for yes)should be easy right????????? Format the cell as Marlett as enter "a" for tick and "r" for a cross -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Kaylene" <Kaylene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76CB4BBA-5AE2-4A6C-BCCB-337C606AFCF6@microsoft.com... > want to insert a tick in excel doc in a box (cross for no and tick for > yes)should be easy right????????? http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-checkbox-tick-cell.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.o...

Inserting an Asterisk as a symbol
I'm trying to insert an asterisk beside a salary figure in a cell but when I type the asterisk beside the number, this affects the formula as I have referenced the cell in a formula. Excel doesn't appear to have the Insert Symbol function like Word does. Try this: = "*" & <formula here> example: Cell A1 contains: 25 Cell B1 contains: = "*" & A1 * 3 Cell B1's Formula outputs: *7 -- crispb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

How do I insert a hyperlink into text in Publisher 2000
I am trying to insert a hyperlink into the text of Publisher 2000. The HELP feature says this can be done from the Insert menu, but I don't have an Insert Hyperlink option. So how can I do this in Publisher? Convert the publication to a web page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20F9FD70-E9CB-4E0F-83BB-38C261D1F9C5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to insert a hyperlink into the text of Publisher 2000. The HELP > feature says this ...

Exchange 5.5 Disclaimer notice
Disclaimer notice text is very big in size...need to make it smaller...Where? How? Depends what's actually adding the disclaimer. If it's the IMSEXT.DLL, then see this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262097 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Alwyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08a601c3da72$e2de9230$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Disclaimer notice text is very big in size...need to make > it smaller...Where? How? If i do a search for IMSEXT.DLL it comes back with no ...