Hi

I run Excel 2000 and I have a protected worksheet that I share wit
users in my organisation. I want to allow the insertion of a hyperlin
to a specific file type within a specified directory on our server.

3 Questions:

1.Protection on disables the insert hyperlink command. Can this b
overcome with worksheet activate code?

2.Can I limit the types of files (preferably by requiring the file t
meet a mask format eg "z-*.xls")?

3.Can I limit the directory that can be linked, by referring to
pathname stored in a cell on the active sheet?

Would appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks Stev

Hi Steve,
If you have Excel2003 you can permit (as an option) insertion of hyperlinks
on a protected sheet.
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"sdrane >" <<sdrane.11yv32@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I run Excel 2000 and I have a protected worksheet that I share with
> users in my organisation. I want to allow the insertion of a hyperlink
> to a specific file type within a specified directory on our server.
>
> 3 Questions:
>
> 1.Protection on disables the insert hyperlink command. Can this be
> overcome with worksheet activate code?
>
> 2.Can I limit the types of files (preferably by requiring the file to
> meet a mask format eg "z-*.xls")?
>
> 3.Can I limit the directory that can be linked, by referring to a
> pathname stored in a cell on the active sheet?
>
> Would appreciate your suggestions.
> Thanks Steve
>

> ---

bliengme5824 (3039)

If and hyperlinks....
I have a hyperlink in a cell, which i need to delete based on another event.... I was hoping to do this using an IF function, or maybe conditional formatting, but cannot work it out.... Ill show what i mean because this can be confusing In say, cell A1, i have a hyperlink, called abc. It actually links to a webpage say, http://www.abc.co.uk. In cell B1 i have a number, which changes between 0 and 1 when the number 0 appears, i want the hyperlink to stay, but when it changes to a 1 i want the hyperlink to disappear. This is because of a macro I am trying to run... The problem is, be...

Insert trigger

Lookup selective from another sheet
Assume I have one sheet as below. How can I create a new sheet and display only those entrys that are greater than a entered value. i.e main sheet abc 2 def 5 ghi 6 jkl 5 fgh 3 krk 4 on second sheet, if 4 is entered only entrys >4 are shown. i.e def 5 ghi 6 jkl 5 krk 4 Try something like this: C1=IF(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$1:B$4,2,FALSE)>Sheet1!B1,VLOOKUP(Sheet2!A$1:B$4,2,FALSE),NA()) Your main sheet is A1-b6 and Sheet 2 is A1:B4 "Jim" <Jim Forrest@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:WBb4f.34203$U9.12412@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Assume...

how can i search for sheet with any part of sheet name
hi every on i need code for userform of textbox and listbox to search for any sheet in workbook with any part of that sheet name on i enter on textbox to populate on listbox all sheets named contain that enterd text on textbox . any help appreciated . thanks This code takes a string and searches the sheet name for it. Set strData to your textbox value and instead of msgbox, do a listbox.add Dim strData As String strData = "Dat" For i = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count For j = 1 To Len(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(i).Name) - Len(strData) + 1 If UCase(Mid(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(i).N...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Automatioc spill over data to a new Excel sheet from Xml source?
I have an XML source file with data for more than 256 columns. Since one sheet can contain a max of 256 cols, Is there a way to make Excel, create an additional sheet to keep the excess data? Preferrably using Xml map / template? ...

PROTECTING FORMULAS #2
I have a sheet where when opened, it runs an auto macro to move cell contents from one column to another and uses a formula to do some calculations. If I select the columns I want unlocked, then protect the sheet and try to run the macro, I get an "run time error 1004 unable to set the numberformat property of the range class" When I debug the following is highlightd "Selection.NumberFormat = ";;;" " I was a Lotus user and in Lotus I could select a range of cells or columns to protect, I'm having a hard time to get Excel to do the same. I appreciate th...

hyperlinks to other websites
Hi: Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 (10.6308.6735)SP3. I have created a newsletter that I am planning to e-mail to my customers. I have included the first paragraph or two of articles on the web that are of interest to my clients. I have then typed in the web address and tagged it onto the bottom of the article for my clients to click on so they may get the full article and/or be brought to the web-page. I have done test e-mails to myself and the newsletter looks great, but when i try to click links nothing happens. Looking for direction to a solution to this online or support from the ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Automatic Hyperlinks in Excel
Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to turn OFF the automatic hyperlinks in Excel? Basically, the cell is holding UNC paths (\\SERVERNAME\PATH1\PATH2 etc). We don't want these to be links, just text entries. It's easy within word (just a check box under auto-correct in the options) but I can't seem to find the option within Excel. Can anyone help? Regards, Mike It was added in xl2002, but if I start my data entry with an apostrophe ('), xl2002 won't convert it to a hyperlink, either. But I think I'd just let xl make them. And wipe them out later with a ...

protecting formulas
I am trying to find a way to protect formulas on a spreadsheet whil still allowing users to put in new data. Is there a way to do this? am using excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Cherilyn unlock the cells where you want input and then protect the sheet with a password. Format | Cells... | Protection tab | Locked = false (not ticked) Regards Trevor "Cherilyn >" <<Cherilyn.16krpe@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Cherilyn.16krpe@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am trying to find a way to protect formulas on a spreadsheet while ...

Hyperlinks when published
When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl - click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP. ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Print Chart in New Sheet on Two Pages
Is there a way to print a chart on more than one page if it is a "new sheet" as opposed to an object in a worksheet? I noticed that Page Break Preview is disabled in this case. Thanks ...

how to insert data in a table

Hyperlinks #3
Hi I use excel for my accounts & have used a column of hyperlinks to store paths to scanned images of my invoices. However, recently, this system has stopped working so well. When I click on a hyperlink I get the message 'Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer. It is important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source. Would you like to open this file?' When I click 'Yes', nothing happens. I'm not sure why this warning box began to open up, but could you tell me why I cannot open my files any more, is there a pat...

insert downloads into power point

How to remove password protect to open Excel 2007 workbook
When I click on REVIEW and look at CHANGES, there is no "Unprotect" showing. It says it should be there if it is protected. I tried saving under a new name and it also required the password to open. I know the password but it no longer needs to be protected. How can I get rid of this? Any ideas? -- JoWrobs did you try: save as tools button general options -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "JoWrobs" <JoWrobs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20727845-D7B4-43C1-B2DB-8FAA4CDE95FA@microsoft.com... > When I click on REVIE...

Protect Source Code
Dear all, I hire several temporary developers to help me. Can I protect the source code, so they can't take the source code out of office without my permission? Thanks. Vensia Hi, Vensia. > I hire several temporary developers to help me. Can I protect the source > code, so they can't take the source code out of office without my > permission? Of course. All you have to do is all of the following: 1.) Remove their workstations from the network, including any printers, to prevent them from transferring files elsewhere or printing a hard copy that they can take with t...

Sheet Navigation
Hi, I have been looking around the forums but cant find much to assist Please can you help. I have a wide selection of sheets and would like the user to be able t click onto them whenever he/she decides. How is this done? VBA? Thanks Andre Attachment filename: test navigation.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=55558 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could try naming areas of the sheet by highlighting a cell or group of cells and then naming it/them by clicking in the name box? Cheers from North Yorkshire UK...