insert worksheet gives me 3 duplicate sheets not one

I do insert worksheet from the Insert menu, I only have one tab highlighted
and I get 3 duplicate worksheets as opposed to an new worksheet.  Also when I
open excel if get the worksheet i expect but if I open a new sheet I get one
with some spurious numbers in it.  I've tried making sure that there's
nothing in XLstart or in the file line under options>general>at startup, open
files in.. that's blank.  So I would have thought I was back to the default
settings but this doesn't seem to be the case.  I have tried doing a
re-install from the office disc and doing a check and repair but this hasn't
solve it.  Any ideas?  I'm using Excel 2003 part of Office 2003 professional.

>>I've tried making sure that there's | nothing in XLstart

Yeah, a template in XLSTART is the only cause that comes to mind.  There are
two XLSTARTs however, one under Documents and Settings (like C:\Documents
and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART) and the
other under the Office folder.  Did you check both?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"boilerhouse" <boilerhouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I do insert worksheet from the Insert menu, I only have one tab highlighted
| and I get 3 duplicate worksheets as opposed to an new worksheet.  Also
when I
| open excel if get the worksheet i expect but if I open a new sheet I get
one
| with some spurious numbers in it.  I've tried making sure that there's
| nothing in XLstart or in the file line under options>general>at startup,
open
| files in.. that's blank.  So I would have thought I was back to the
default
| settings but this doesn't seem to be the case.  I have tried doing a
| re-install from the office disc and doing a check and repair but this
hasn't
| solve it.  Any ideas?  I'm using Excel 2003 part of Office 2003
professional.

0
jrrech (1933)

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Insert trigger

empty rows at bottom of worksheet
My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows? Michael If you will turn on the page break preview (piece of paper with a magnifying glass) which is the icon on the on the Standard Toolbar to the right of the Printer icon it will show you exactly what is going to print. There are solid blue lines that the edge of the page, the dashed blue lines are soft page breaks. Find the solid blue line at the bottom of the spreadsheet and drag it ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Unremovable Duplicate Personal & Archive Folders
I have two Archive Folders and two Personal Folders showing in the folders list of Outlook 2001. I have uninstalled Office Outlook twice, gone to RegEdit to remove any stray Outlook registries and reinstalled Office Outlook. I still have duplicate folders along with all my original folders. I have tried the procedures recommended in MS FAQ but a message comes up sasying I cannot "Close the folders" because an "OBJECT" cannot be found. I have also tried renaming the folders but am not allowed to do so. I have backed up all folders in a .pst file so all I want to do ...

Worksheet name in cell formula
I asked this question a while ago and got a prompt answer which I thought was what I wanted but alas its not... I want to be able to change my worksheet names.....ie: from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc etc.....to something more meaningful.....eg Sales, Expenses....etc etc.... and have these changes reflect on the worksheet. For example, I might want Sheet 1 Cell A1 to say.....This is the Sales worksheet (assuming I have renamed it to Sales). The answer I was given some time back worked.....but it changed the formula on every worksheet to reflect the name of the last changed sheet. By this I mean.....

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

How do I put worksheets in alphabetical order
I have created a database which has been worked on by someone else. I have made the necessary alterations but how do I check for duplicate entries on each worksheet. Thansk Take a look at http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm In article <F87E0D91-E192-42EC-A8BA-E1FEC70CCB6E@microsoft.com>, "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a database which has been worked on by someone else. > > I have made the necessary alterations but how do I check for duplicate > entries on each worksheet. > > Thansk First you need two ...

Insert with a where condition

Extracting Data To New Worksheet
Hi all I am attempting to filter a large data source to a new worksheet without much success. I want to filter the data by multiple paramenters. I have built a Macro that sorts the data by value and then pastes in the new sheet. I only want to paste 3 of the columns, not all the data. E.G Location, Value 1, Value 3 and Manufacturer Is this as complicated as I am making it? Location Model Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5 Value 6 Value 7 Manufacturer text/numerical text Numerical Numerical Numerical Numerical Numerical Numerical text/numerical Text te...

Insert

using outlook #3
my ISP is aol and I have an aol email address. How do I set things up so that I can use outlook for all email in and out and can I do this from my aol homepage? markbranagan <markbranagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my ISP is aol and I have an aol email address. How do I set things up > so that I can use outlook for all email in and out and can I do this > from my aol homepage? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman ...

embed x.s sheet to HTmL page
Hi, I have a file called Bonds.xls located on my C drive in a flode called Support. I want to insert this file to a HTML pae. I trie embed, object and everything I could find but i cant get it to insert I am using office and OS wkin200. Can anybody give me some help? I dont know if I am using tags wrong o just wrong tags. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried saving the worksheet in html format? You can incorporate this html code into the web page. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ ...

How do I delete the header in my worksheet?
I used the blank for header instead of footer and now cannot delete the header portion on my worksheet. What do I do next? File > Page setup > Header/Footer > Custom header... Thenb clear right, center, and left. -- Gary's Student gsnu200711 The information I received was correct, I just did something wrong myself! I think I forgot to save before getting out because my instructer did the same thing and it worked, of course. Thanks again. "quiltingstudent" wrote: > I used the blank for header instead of footer and now cannot delete the > header port...

Can't find duplicate email-address
Hi, I have a problem with duplicate email addresses and have trouble finding the duplicate. I have created a distribution group 'Abc' and I would like it's email address to be abc@domain.com. However, Exchange/AD automatically suggests abc2@domain.com. To my knowledge, no user or group has abc@domain.com. I have just 30 users and 10 groups, so I have checked through them manually, and I can't find that address on any object (including on the 'email addresses' tab). If I try to rename the abc2@domain.com address til abc@domain.com, I get an error message when sending...

equation editor #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC hello when i write a document and use the equation-editor it all works perfect. but when i quit the microsoft office and restart it again, than all the equations are blured. if i want them to be sharpen again, i have to click on each equation, which takes a lot of time... any sugestion how i can load all of them by one klick??? does anybody have the same problem? thank you for your answars! ...

Hyperlinks #3
Hi I use excel for my accounts & have used a column of hyperlinks to store paths to scanned images of my invoices. However, recently, this system has stopped working so well. When I click on a hyperlink I get the message 'Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer. It is important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source. Would you like to open this file?' When I click 'Yes', nothing happens. I'm not sure why this warning box began to open up, but could you tell me why I cannot open my files any more, is there a pat...

Print Chart in New Sheet on Two Pages
Is there a way to print a chart on more than one page if it is a "new sheet" as opposed to an object in a worksheet? I noticed that Page Break Preview is disabled in this case. Thanks ...

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Insert a blank row