Insert Symbol - limit on fonts

In Excel 2002 with SP2, the Insert Symbol font-list is
truncated at RomanScrD - which (surprise...)gives a list
of exactly 256 fonts. (The Cell Format font-list on the
other hand displays the full list.)
A search of KBase has (even nore surprisingly!) nothing
relevant.

Since the font list is the default one supplied by MSoft,
it seems that Excel is truncating it with no error
message and no advance warning or documentation. Hence it
seems to be an undocumented Excel bug - which surprises
me. If so, it is not trivial as fonts such as Times as
well as oddball ones such as the Wingding ones are
unavailable for symbol insertion. I guess my question is
really why there is no KBase entry opened for such an
obvious problem!

any such a

message news:098e01c367ca$27fa36b0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>> In Excel 2002 with SP2, the Insert Symbol font-list is
>> truncated at RomanScrD - which (surprise...)gives a
list
>> of exactly 256 fonts. (The Cell Format font-list on the
>> other hand displays the full list.)
>> A search of KBase has (even nore surprisingly!) nothing
>> relevant.
>

>.

change font color
I have a column of dates, and want to change font to red, for the cells that are < today's date. How can I do this? -- TGS Hi TGS, Format -> Conditional Formatting Set condition 1 to; Cell Value Is less than =NOW() (enter this formula in the box) Click the format button and format the font to red. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com "TGS" <tom_Haryle20@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5A2AFD11-CC57-4FF3-8E7C-C0E3A4558384@microsoft.com... >I have a column of dates, and want to change font to red, for the cells >that > are < today's date. Ho...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Insert trigger

Font in drop-down field too small
I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a much larger font, and I would like my spreadsheet to be consistent. If these are data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Juana Cafe wrote: > I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to > increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a > much larger font, and...

font size in html email
The font size in emails containing html is too small. Is there any way to increase the size? this seams to be a serious flaw in windows mail. Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail, (This newsgroup)? View | Text Size | Largest. Keep in mind that with HTML, if someone sends you text that is 10 pt., WYSIWYG. If they use 12 pt. You see 12 pt. You can test by sending to yourself in different sizes. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:922A32C4-8...

inserting hrs and minutes

Font size in reading messages
I am using Windows 7 Home Edition and Windows Live Mail 2009. I have two problems. 1. In the View menu the text size and encoding are greyed out. How can I enable them? 2. Some (not all) of the messages I read have got a very tiny font Times New Roman which I am unable to read. I went into Tools>Options>Read>Fonts> Font setting is Western European Size is Larger What settings should I do that all messages I read have the same large font, preferably a round font like Tahoma. Thank you -- MS 1) View, Text Size will be grayed out when you've set T...

Font in Formula Bar
Greetings... I just started using Microsoft 2003. In Excel, I can't read text that is in the Formula Bar because it is i a weird small font. I looked everywhere to figure out how to change th font in the Formula Bar, but i can't find it anywhere. What font does it use? Is it based on an option in Microsoft or is i based on something to do with the Desktop settings...i've looke everywhere for an answer to this. Thanks for any help. jdkuhndo -- jdkuhndo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jdkuhndog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

How to change the default font size for outlook express?
I would like change default font size for outlook express? the default font size is 10, and I prefer 12 as default. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Tools | Options | Compose. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:975D75C0-1CA0-4325-A9D6-EC7510AFA86C@microsoft.com... >I would like change default font size for outlook express? the default >font > size is 10, and I prefer 12 as default. > Does anyone hav...

Dropdown Font Size
I'm using a List in Data Validation, & the dropdown shows a very small Font Size, even though after a selection is made, the Font displayed is fine. Is there a way to "expand" the Font Size in the Dropdown? TIA - Bob I've searched - Debra has a workaround... Thanks - Bob "Bob Barnes" wrote: > I'm using a List in Data Validation, & the dropdown shows a very small Font > Size, even though after a selection is made, the Font displayed is fine. > > Is there a way to "expand" the Font Size in the Dropdown? > > TIA - Bob ...

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Word 2008 font menu
I've just installed Office 2008 on my MBP running 10.5.1. Seems to work well, but when I try changing a font via the pulldown menu or in the fonts menu from the main menu bar, it selects a completely different font with no logic whatsoever. Seems like a bug. Any ideas from anyone - welcome. Thanks. I've not seen this one yet:-) First thought is to fully restart the Mac which will cause it to cleanse the font caches. If that doesn't clear it up post back with any any additional specifics you can offer. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/24/08 6:08 PM, in article ee8a...

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

Stat symbols
I need to be list some stats symbols within a work book but can't find them in the available symbol lists Am trying to enter Xbar (X with a line above), Rbar (as x bar) and Xbarbar (X with 2 lines above) etc. Can't believe that I am the first to try to do this so what is the answer guys? Please help. -- optionbase1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ optionbase1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25212 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401799 A quick search on Goo...

Insert dataset to another database

Insert a blank row

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...

Inserting images into excel conditionally
I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then please help. Thanks Pav One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html can be adapted to your situation -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DC7373-14E6-4F11-9136-71DC3AD93CC2@microsoft.com... > I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. > I would l...