Input period, but get .+

When typing entries in an EXCEL cell, I want to end the sentence with a
period.  However, a plus sign appears after each period and I have to
weeks, but I don't understand why.

Did I inadvertently change something in the formatting?

Cameron :confused:

--
Cameronsmi
Cameronsmi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24491

Check your autocorrect options, Cameron. It sounds like you've got an
autocorrect to change a period to a period and a plus sign.
Tools-->Autocorrect. Depending on the version, you may have to change the
autocorrect options in Word.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Cameronsmi" <Cameronsmi.1qzhqm_1119369928.7375@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:Cameronsmi.1qzhqm_1119369928.7375@excelforum-nospam.com...

> When typing entries in an EXCEL cell, I want to end the sentence with a
> period.  However, a plus sign appears after each period and I have to
> weeks, but I don't understand why.
>
> Did I inadvertently change something in the formatting?
>
> Cameron :confused:
>

> --
> Cameronsmi
> Cameronsmi's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24491
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=380882

0
ng1 (1444)
6/21/2005 4:28:44 PM
Anne:

Thanks for the response.  And while it didn't have the autocorrect se
up that way initially, I put in to have .+ autocorrected to just th
period.  Seems to be doing the trick.

Camero

--
Cameronsm
Cameronsmi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2449
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38088

How to select day_of_week and/or date given a period?
Hi, I have a table with the following columns: Date smalldatetime DayOfWeek int [...] Both, Date and DayOfWeek can be NULL but only one of them can be non-NULL. DayOfWeek, if not NULL, can have a value 0 - 6 (0 = Sunday). When given a period (i.e. date range) I need to select rows that satisfy the following conditions: 1) both, Date and DayOfWeek are NULL or 2) if Date is not NULL then it must fall within the period or 3) if DayOfWeek is not NULL then it must be included in the period Could someone please help me with the query? Thanks, Bogdan T...

Why rows get larger when move a column?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Sometimes I move a column and then ALL THE rows in a workbook become very large and equal in size. Happens all time. why? thanks. ...

Macro pause for input
I would like a macro to insert a footer with some data already in a worksheet. I can do that, but I want it to pause and offer choices, e.g. a dropdown box or something, so that the choice is between two or more cells/named ranges in the worksheet, or choices such as left or right footer and Active.Workbook.FullName or "Date" such as date is "Date: &D" Suggestions greatly appreciated. Have you tried using Forms in your macro? Or even using the msgbox command will probably suffice. Look msgbox up in the help from your macro >-----Original Message----- >...

Visible control based on other inputs
Hi I have a form where the user choose shift, Sektor, Cell, Date from 4 different comboboxes. The cell combobox is based on a query that gives you the cells that corisponds to a sektor when the sektor is choosed. The query looks like this SELECT TblCelle.CelleNr, TblCelle.CelleTxt, TblCelle.Sektor FROM TblCelle WHERE (((TblCelle.Sektor)=[Forms]![FrmReg]![Sektor])) ORDER BY TblCelle.CelleNr; TblCelle has the following fields CellNo, CellTxt, CellVar, CellCat, Sektor The CellVar can have two input either L or H I have a text box and a label that should not be visib...

How do I format cells that get their data from an MySQL dB?
Howdy, I have a spreadsheet that uses an MS Query to connect to a MySQL database to retrieve data. One of the columns that gets populated is a phone number column. The phone numbers in the database are unformatted (i.e. 6052223456) I'd like to format the column so that the data is presented using a phone number mask (i.e. (605) 222-3456 ) However, I've tried the Format Cells and the setting Special -> Phone Number doesn't do anything to format the cells. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mike I just copied one of the rows from the query spread sheet to a new normal spread shee...

Input music to WMP?
I know you can enter music by indicating what folder to watch, but I want more control. Amazon Downloader is a free program to do this, but it is done programmatically. Is there a non-programmatic way to do this? Thank you. Jim Cassilly On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:50:28 -0400, "Jim Cassilly" <jcass@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: >I know you can enter music by indicating what folder to watch, but I want >more control. Amazon Downloader is a free program to do this, but it is done >programmatically. Is there a non-programmatic way to do this? Hi, it's not...

Best way to get email between two AD forests
Hopefully someone can give me a good idea =) My current setup is two AD forests. Both have exchange 2003 servers, but they are not live. Users in both forests have been using email through a POP host on the internet. Both forests have the same email address and have been using email through an external POP host. The MX record will be changed to point to the static T1 line of Forest A. What is the best way to get Forest B users to read emails? My thoughts: 1) Setup a VPN between the two forests. What I don't like though is that a user has to be setup in BOTH forests to be able to connec...

Get mouse status
Env: VC++6.00 Is it possible to get the current status of mouse left button at CView::OnDraw()? TIA William Look at the GetAsyncKeyState API. "William" <port@mx15.freecom.ne.jp> wrote in message news:ud4tc5RBGHA.3784@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Env: VC++6.00 > > Is it possible to get the current status of mouse left button at > CView::OnDraw()? > > > TIA > > William > ...

Data Input
I have a spreadsheet set up containing products with a uniq reference code. I need to input sales quantities against these products each week. At present this is done manually. Has anyone any ideas how to auto mate this function. The sales quantities can be downloaded into an excel file Regard Blueman Hi you may have a look at pivot tables if I understood you correctly >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet set up containing products with a uniq reference code. I need to input sales quantities against these products each week. At present this is done manually. Has an...

Is it Possible to get rid of a System created Realtionship
The situation is that I would like it so that opportunities will only be able to be associated with Accounts. Currently they can be associated with Accounts or Contacts. Anyone have any ideas on how I could accomplish this since I cannot delete the system created relationship between Contacts and Oppurtunities. What you can do is hide this relationship from the user (remove the original lookups and set the relationship on the other end to no be displayed in the menu). Then create a new relationship between account and opportunity. If need be you can copy the value from the new looku...

Getting Attribute value by using name
I am getting the element node list, and if any attributes are there, I am getting the attributes values by using the index eg 0- first element 1- second element aNode.Attributes.Item(1).InnerText But for some reason the order of the attributes is swapped , so my question is , how to get the attribute value using a name instead of the index values. I am new to xml and thanks for any help. eg . addressNodeList = xmlDoc.DocumentElement.GetElementsByTagName("UEP_STG_ADDRESS"); Console.WriteLine("Count=" + addressNodeList.Count); foreach (XmlNode aNode in addressNodeLi...

User input
I've used this forum before, and found it very useful. I need to set up a worksheet, (worksheet1), to allow a user to input surname,initials,id,location,date for office files that move around the office. The result will be stored in worksheet2 in 1 row and 5 columns called Surname - Inits - ID - Location - Date Each entry will be recorded in the next empty row in worksheet2. I think I have found a way to identify the next empty row using the Indirect function. But, how can I set up worksheet1 to allow the user to input the data he has which is then automatically recorded into wo...

Help with simple code getting frostrated
My table named "paid" has the following fields, PaidId CustomerId Date1 PledgeAmount PaidAmount I want a main form should lookup the last pledge, from the customer, and deduct any PaidAmount afterwards, I have the following code Private Sub Form_Current() Dim lastdate Lastdate = dlast("date1","paid","pledgeAmount"<>0) 'enter data calculation as new balance !NewBalance = Dsum (0 + "PledgeAmount"-"PaidAmount","Paid","CustomerId="& Me! CustomerId &" And Date1 >= #"& Lastdate & &...

send email from VB with minimum user input, mapi, cdo?
I want to add the ability for the user to email an attachment after generating a report, but I don't want to have to rely on them for much help in setting up the email, a lot of them would have trouble finding their outgoing mail server, whether it requres authentication etc. Is it possible to send mail from VB after looking up the outgoing server and any authentication that may be required from the registry, just asking the user to enter the destination email address? And is there a recommended method for sending email that will work on XP through W7? On Aug 13, 6:1...

Payroll:verfying the pay period for same employee
at the time of building the cheque the Pay Period should be verified if it is done for the same pay period before so the pay period should have id so it could be verified thank you ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

form: data input locking up
Hello all... I have a form which was working fine until a few hours ago. The form has several sub forms. However, those are working fine. I am unable to edit/add/delete records on the main form. This is a front end database, with the main data storage on a network. I moved the data starage DB onto my local drive, reset the links and experienced the same problem. The form is not based on a query and writes directly into a data table. The form is normally called up (filtered) through code. however, I experience the same problem when I open it up directly (without filtering the re...

Keep getting error from code
Good morning. Good to see the board back up. Here's my problem. I have a form with a staff Id. These Ids are unique because there are no duplicates. I click on "New" for new record. Then have the code check to see if it is a duplicate record Private Sub StaffId_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) 10 On Error GoTo Err_Form_BeforeUpdate 20 If Not IsNull(DLookup("[staffid]", "tblMain", "[staffid] = '" & Me! [StaffId] & "'")) Then 30 Select Case MsgBox("Sorry, This is a duplicate Staff Id Number,"...

Input cell should display a percentage of input value in the cell
Please read the below discussion and suggest an answer Many thanks for ur answer what if i want to change B1:B700(but want to leave one cell for sum total in every 8 cells down), similarly in C1:C700, & D1: D700 -- Life isa journey not a destination "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Put this event macro in the worksheet code area: > > Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) > Dim r As Range > Set r = Range("B9") > If Intersect(r, Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub > Application.EnableEvents = False > r.Value = ...

Re: Locking textbox input
Is there a way to enter info in a textbox ONCE and as soon as Tab or Enter is pressed it locks automatically... so it wont be altered.... ??? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ how about not only a textbox but a plain old cell?? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How about anytime you get out of it? I added a textbox from the control toolbox toolbar to a worksheet. I double clicked on it and replaced this code: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Change() End Sub Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_LostFocus() Me.TextBox1.Enabled = CBool(Me.T...

subforms: using input from one subform to update the other subform
Hello. I'm hoping that someone can help me. I have 2 subforms on separate tabs. Based on a user's input on subform 1, I would like a combo box on subform 2 to be enabled or disabled. Does anyone have a solution? Please let me know. Thanks in advance. Controls on subforms are always referred to via the parent form. See http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm at "The Access Web" for details. Note that depending on how the forms were added as subforms, the name of the subform control may be different than the name of the form being used as a sub...

Get fields in worksheet
I have records which have four columns. I have a listBox in User Form which shows all records. I would like to get all four fields of the record in worksheet cells when I will select a record from the ListBox. Is it possible? Thanks, Sahak How about this: Option Explicit Private Sub ListBox1_Click() Dim iCtr As Long Dim DestCell As Range With ActiveSheet Set DestCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) End With With Me.ListBox1 If .ListIndex > -1 Then For iCtr = 0 To 3 DestCell.Offset(0, ...

Counting instances in a period
Norwegian law says that the employer have to pay for the first 16 day period when a person is on sick leave, after that period the state compensates the employee. So if a emplyee was taken ill in this pattern, the employer will pay her for all instances except the last, since it is outside the 16 day period, but the illness started within it. Do anyone have a good formula that I could use to calculate which days I have to pay for and which I don't? 01.01.07 ill have to pay 02.01.07 03.01.07 04.01.07 05.01.07 06.01.07 07.01.07 08.01.07 09.01.07 ill have to pay 10.01.07 11.01.07 1...

Keep getting "Type mismatch"
'I do not understand this error. I first tried without the if statement and 10: that was not the problem. I tried changing the dim statement from 25 to 23 that did not work. I think I am initilizing it right. Just not sure. Dim deg(25), min(25), sec(25), DEGt(25), Zodiac(25) As Double For h = 1 To 23 If .Cells(2 + h, 3) = "" Then DEGt(h) = "" GoTo 10 End If deg(h) = CDbl(.Cells(2 + h, 3)) min(h) = CDbl(.Cells(2 + h, 4)) sec(h) = CDbl(.Cells(2 + h, 5)) DEGt(h) = deg(h) + min(h) / ...

SetGet control input
What is the best way to get and set the contents of an EditControl (in a FormView) , other than using DDX. Could I use the below, and how would I get the handle of the FormView? UINT GetDlgItemText( HWND hDlg, // handle of dialog box int nIDDlgItem, // identifier of control LPTSTR lpString, // address of buffer for text int nMaxCount // maximum size of string ); "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message news:eVE5mcs7KHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What is the best way to get and set the contents of an EditCon...

Select worksheet with Application Input box???
Hi, Could someone let me know how to Select the Name of the Worksheet with Application Input box. Right now in my Macro I am providing the user with an option to select the Excel file. The code is as follows: Sub OpenOneFile() ExcelFile1 = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel- files,*.xls", _ 1, "Select Input File To Open", , False) If TypeName(ExcelFile1) = "Boolean" Then Exit Sub Debug.Print "Selected file: " & ExcelFile1 Workbooks.Open ExcelFile1 End Sub After selecting the Excel File, the user must be Provided...