Inport of Microsoft Works Spreadsheets

My old computer has died.  All of my spreadsheets are backed up, and are in
Works 2000 format.

I upgraded to Excell 2003 with my new computer to increase functionablilty.
But Excell 2003 does not seem to be able to read my wks spreadsheets.
Microsoft recommends opening these files in Works, and saving to another
format.  Tough to do when the previous computer has died.

Also, is Works 2000 in wks 2, wks 3, or wks 4 format?

Suggestions?
0
Perry (28)

Hi Perry,

Do you not have your microsoft works disc that came with the computer?
If so, install it then save your files in excel format.

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287

My Save As menu is not working
Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. How can I fix this problem Hi, right-click the menubar select Customise from list >> Toolbars click Standard click Reset Button ok - Mark >-----Original Message----- >Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. >How can I fix this problem >. > ...

Apple now worth more than Microsoft
http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2010/05/26/apple-microsoft-market-cap.html Funny thing is while it states 10% of the world market is Apple, I bet in North America it is twice that. 1/3rd of the laptops at my work are no Macs of one type or another. Users want them because they work better. Real push on the budget as the only thing holding back going 100% Mac is the cost. Think, if Apple got their costs down to ear even a 10% premium of a MS-Windblows PC they could overnight put Microsoft in the do house. On 5/29/2010 12:00 PM, Canuck57 wrote: > http://www.cbc.ca/money/sto...

Inporting Contacts
How do you inport contacts into Live Mail? I was able to do it with Outlook Express. Thanks, Bill What is the source of your contacts? If an OE .wab file: In Windows Live Mail open Contacts. Press the Alt key to get the menu bar, then click File, Import, Windows Address Book. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "wmcook" <wmcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:F58BC65F-FED4-4EC3-8B98-CB7396C39E98@microsoft.com... > How do you inport contacts into Live Mail? >...

Obtain MICROSOFT and CISCO Certificaitons Without Exams(Pay After Check Results)100% Passing Gaurantee
Get Microsoft...Cisco....Comptia.....Oracle......Solaris......Certificaitons Without Exam.......P{ay After Check Result.......100% Passing Gaurantee In First Attempt.......Need Not Tto Give Exams By Urself I m going to tell you the fastest way to get MICROSOFT,CISCO,COMPTIA,ORACLE,SOLAIS certified without efforts...... friends i have five vue and prometric testing sites here in INDIA.......so, i will do the exams on the behalf of the candidates, make them pass and charge some extra amount from them......... see i need ur some details then i will book ur exam on my testing site, make u pas...

Advanced Filter Not Working
I have a list of 408 people who need review for an award. However, of the 408 I have already entered an award for 193 people. I have an Excel spreadheet which lists in column A the larger list and in column B the people who already have the award. I am trying to filter the unique records from column A by comparing column B. However, I do not seem to be able to get the results I need; in fact I am getting no results. Can anyone help? I was able to do this very function before with little difficulty but seem to have a problem now. Sorry if this is a bit vague. I can provide more i...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Rule won't work after activation
I've put in a rule to send a response message when I'm out of town, but it won't send the message. The rule format looks correct. Any ideas? Thanks larry bartelt <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've put in a rule to send a response message when I'm out > of town, but it won't send the message. The rule format > looks correct. Any ideas? What version of Outlook? What account type? Do you leave Outlook open and running while you're gone? -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message----- >larry bartelt <anonymous@discuss...

Today, Oct 11, MSN Money site update (affects Microsoft Money third party downloads)
Note that http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx reports a scheduled update outage Thursday afternoon and evening, approximately 6 hours between 1pm and 7pm (Pacific). This corresponds with starting just after US market close at 4 PM EDT. For Microsoft Money, this will affect third party statement downloads, and it may limit those with a LiveID/Passport on the file to signing in offline. I don't know if there could be other effects, such as quote fetching, during that time. ...

Advanced Find not working!
Help please - any ideas? It used to work! Outlook Express 6 Cheers Susan Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted ...

Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe vs Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe
Does anyone know what the difference is between Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe? It appears to me that there is a difference because when I went to the amazon.com website to check out the prices they listed both programs at differenct prices. Money Plus Deluxe was more than Money 2007 Deluxe. I am currently using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 60 day trail version because I was using Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe but it stop the automatic online updating of my accounts, but the trail version does update automatically every day after I open the program. Any...

Formula that will represent years & months worked
I am trying to figure out a formula that will calculate how many years & months an employee has worked for the company. I found a formula that will give me the years, but not years & months. Take a look at Chip Pearson's notes at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm Pam wrote: > > I am trying to figure out a formula that will calculate how many years & > months an employee has worked for the company. I found a formula that will > give me the years, but not years & months. -- Dave Peterson =today()-hiredate Then format that cell as Special YY:MM...

Newbie Quest. On Pasting Data Between Two Spreadsheets
Hello: Using Excel 97 SR 1 with W98. Pretty new at using spreadsheets, although I'm using a fairly old version. But, it's been doing pretty much what i want. Am stumped with this, however: I have copied 5 rows of contiguous data from one spreadsheet. I'd like to past these 5 lines into a second spreadsheet, betweeen rows of existing data. So, I insereted a blank row in the second spreadsheet where I want these 5 lines to start. I thought it would move all the following rows down to enable these 5 lines to be pastedthere. But it is overwriting the following 4 rows of data in t...

Reply to sender not working
I get nothing when I go to reply. Thios only happens when I access the Exchange server from another computer than my server. ...

Microsoft outlook error
How can I fix th following errors. What is it? "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose no. Allow Access: Yes NO":Then, dropdown with amount of time. I am not using any type of PDAs or anything. Please help. Thanks. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I fix th following errors. What is it? > "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have > stored in Outlook....

OALPAtoVA not working.
Hi to all, I want to give usb rndis download support in my bootloader code. i have usb function side driver which is working perfectly in kernel layer. But when i integrate it into boot loader oal layer, it does not support a lot of functions like virtualalloc, virtualcopy, etc., so i replated this by "OALPAtoVA" and converted our usb function physical base address to virtual address. but when i try to read default values (16bit registers) using this converted virtual address is always zero. i have appended the code snippet with this thread. could you help me to find out...

Realtek sound manager works but no other sound device will work
After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound problems The Realtek sound effects manager works, passes all tests I get sound during tests but no sound player will work. Sounds and audio devices icon info says no audio device installed. I have downloaded and installed all the Intel D925xcv on board drivers, device manager shows all sound devices working I tried uninstalling reinstalling drivers that did not help. I went through all the troubleshooting no help. Blaine wrote: > After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound > problems >...

Order/Invoice Work and History tables
We use the Scribe Great Plains adapter to pass in and process orders and invoices. Off and on we have failures for one reason or another when passing the transactions. My question is: when are the SOPTYPE 2 [orders] moved from the SOP10100 & SOP10200 work tables to the SOP30200 & SOP30300 History tables? In our case we have ended up with some order transaction records still in the work tables after the corresponding invoices have processed through and been posted. I assume that the order should be in history if it has already been invoiced. I would like to know which records should...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac
Can I simply delete my old copy of Office X by dragging its folder in the Applications directory to the trash after installing the new 2008 version? Any other files elsewhere that need to be trashed? On Jan 20, 9:41 am, curtp...@officeformac.com wrote: > Can I simply delete my old copy of Office X by dragging its folder in the Applications directory to the trash after installing the new 2008 version? Any other files elsewhere that need to be trashed? Have you already installed Office 2008? It should find Office X and offer to remove it for you. Otherwise for the most part, you should be...

Microsoft Picture It 7
Hi i had picture it 7 running on my XP computer with no problems, i have a new pc with vista & picture it will do some things but wont do anything with frames, it says its shutting down, i did get an error message which is- Internet Explorer Scrip Error An error has cccured in the scrip on this page. Line- 60 Char-2 Error- Automation Server cant creat object Code-0 URL- its: C:\ Program Files\ Microsoft Picture It!7\openscn7,its::/thumbsV6.htm. Does anyone know what this is & how to fix this problem please. On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 06:20:00 -0800, Gtel wrote: > Hi i had pi...

How do I show messages marked for deletion on Microsoft Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook 2003 When I delete messages in my Inbox (or any other folder) they are currently hidden. How do I change that so that the messages I click for deletion show up with a line through them? Conversely once I've done that if I want to change back to having messages marked for deletion hidden, how do I do that? THRP <THRP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook 2003 > When I delete messages in my Inbox (or any other folder) they are > currently hidden. How do I change that so that the messages I click > for deletion show up with a line thr...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/5/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additionally, forums offer ...

Save As... MS Works 2000 spreadsheet
How do I save an Excel 2000 spreadsheet as a MS Works 2000 spreadsheet file? I downloaded the filters for Excel 2000, but that did not give me the ability to save to a Works 2000 spreadsheet. Works will open Excel files - save it down as a works file if you need to once in there. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------...

Porblem microsoft office scanning
i have a copier machine - Canon -and it works as scanner every time i click the big scan button error message appear telling me (Send - Don't send) I want to resolve this .... ...

Zoom not working
I've not used Visio in years and am working with a large flowchart in which I'm trying to enlarge a small portion of the shapes so that I can see and properly edit the text. The zoom is currently fixed at 58% and shows the entire flowchart. I can't seem to override this and increase it whether I use a pan&zoom window, the zoom tool on the toolbar or even control-Shift + dragging a selection around the few shapes I want to zoom. What am I doing wrong? ------=_NextPart_0001_0D77F89A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit What version of Visio, and wh...